Page 451 of 568 FirstFirst ... 351401441446449450451452453456461501551 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,020 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The problem is that there aren't many fight scenes that are supposed to be purely fight scenes, so Miura is going to have to deal with trying to balance story and fighting. Hopefully with Sudo at the helm this won't be a problem, but I don't want to see another terribly adapted scene like Answer, Fight back, projection magic, and Ideal / Reality Marble.
    VN: intense pain monologue
    Anime: painful shounen screaming

- - - Updated - - -

Miura made short skirmishes bombastic when it didn't need to
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    To each their own, I guess.

I just wish that after this one, a Fate route can be adapted by them.
    That i definitely agree with that last part

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Yeah, it was literally the opening part of the fight on the Gardens. He leapfrogs over Sieg and just sort of casually drops a few fire spears that go off like nukes.
    Like i said, those arent pure pyromancy

For one thing the spears were electrical, more likely to be brahmastra variant or VS shenanigans than maroku burst flame. He does the exact same moves in extella.
    For another, one of the bigger fire nukes were explicitly brahmastra kundala
    Last edited by castor212; April 11th, 2019 at 01:37 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Like i said, those arent pure pyromancy

For one thing the spears were electrical, more likely to be brahmastra variant or VS shenanigans than maroku burst flame. He does the exact same moves in extella.
    For another, one of the bigger fire nukes were explicitly brahmastra kundala
    Brahamastra was when he tossed his spear, it was made very clear when that happened, and VS is specifically a one-shot deal, he has to burn off his bling and armour for access to his biggest bang.

Also they didn't go off like thunderbolts, they were great big explosions of fire. Definitely fiery.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    That was brahmastra kundala. He brahmastraed all day wo his spear. His eye beams was a form of Brahmastra.

Even if it did go off like fire, it was still obviously thundery spear. I do not believe them to be pure maryoku burst flame. Why would it look electrical initially if he uses burst flame? Its burst flame, not burst thunder.

He does the exact same thing on extella and it wasnt fire, it was thunder spears and those spears can very much be a brahmastra variant since brahmastra description is that it can manifest in different form other than bow if Karna is not on Archer class.
    Last edited by castor212; April 11th, 2019 at 06:19 AM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Why would it be a firesplosion if it was lightning? Brahamastra's fire and not lightning, VS is lightning, and that's absolutely a one-shot deal.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    brahmastra is not fire. brahmastra kundala is fire, and thats only because its brahmastra + pyromancy. the explosion can simply be explained to emulate nuklear blast, and not pure fire. even the smokes from the explosion has trace of lightning on it.

brahmastra by itself can manifest in a bunch of form, like eye beam, or projectiles, or a bow, or a sword, or a spinning disc. If it can manifest as a beamu it might very well manifest as lightning spears. arguments can even be made how the color scheme was made to be similar between the spears and the beamu, with the spears having more jagged jittery lightning lines which is definitely not firey. Its simply far more likely to think that a thundery spears are brahmastra manifestation instead of maryoku burst flame, because its maryoku burst flame, not maryoku burst lightning.

if you insist those spears are purely maryoku burst flame, please provide an explanation of how pyromancy looks like pure zig zagged lightning in spear shape. because otherwise, for me thats not pure maryoku burst flame.
    Last edited by castor212; April 11th, 2019 at 10:22 AM.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The loving couple scenes were more than enough for me to fall in love with the second movie. Their intimacy and loneliness were so beautiful...

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I just back from cinema. I must say that the pace is all over the place especially in the middle. 2 hours feel so short with so much happening.
    I take it back, watching Saber Alter and Herc fight in cinema is just so satisfying, the explosions are beautiful plus the music feel so grand, it really make the fight feel big

Shinji need to die kek
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    I don't think there's a single UBW fight that I like beyond the technical aspect of the digital team, with Gil vs Herc maybe being an exception to this. I don't like how Miura storyboards the fights, how he paces them and what he chooses to focus on.

I can honestly say that the Bersker vs Saber Alter fight was the very first Miura fight I ever liked, and that's solely because the scene itself favors his strong points: big chaotic fights with massive explosions and no tactics or strategy whatsoever, just pure power on display.
    The scene demanded direction like this, so Miura's tendencies worked for him marvelously this time.

Something like the Answer is completely outside of his wheelhouse.
    Last edited by Astroprogs; April 12th, 2019 at 12:38 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...update_amount/

seems like ufotable also misappropriated charity funds
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Same shady source as last time though.

This whole story is so weird.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...update_amount/

seems like ufotable also misappropriated charity funds
    Huh, fake news if it is the same source as last time.

These days, fake and real news mesh together in one giant messy pit.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Apparently the magazine also states that "according to a source close to the studio, the company has stopped working on Kimetsu no Yaiba for now, that the production is currently on hiatus and that HF3 *might* not be entrusted to them".

Definitely sounds fishy to me...

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    dumb magazine.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The fact that this is apparently only being reported by what is basically a tabloid and no other sources gives me hope that this is just some kind of smear campaign and we're all just a bunch of dumb Westerners for falling for it.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Really weird to target a random anime studio though. Personal grudge or something?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Really weird to target a random anime studio though. Personal grudge or something?
    The Saberfans will have their revenge for no UFOTable Fate Route.

I've generally liked Miura's fight scenes a lot. Archer vs Lancer were great, both times (even if Archer's face got consistently worse as the show went on), Saber vs Lancer was great, Saber vs Berserker was great (even if the dubstep wasn't), Gil vs Berserker was great, and Saber Alter vs Berserker was amazing.
    The only one I didn't like was the Lancer vs Assassin chase (I liked the conclusion, though). My biggest gripe hitherto in regards to Miura's fights is that they're too damn short. Archer vs Lancer, Saber vs Lancer, Gil vs Berserker, all ended as soon as they got going. This is one of the reasons I really enjoyed the Saber Alter vs Berserker fight, because it just kept going.

Answer was the second half of Archer vs Shirou, right? With the giant swords? I thought that was fine, but I honestly don't remember how the VN goes, so meh. I thought the episode prior to that was fantastic, so I wouldn't say Miura is completely incompetent outside of action scenes.

In regards to Archer v Shirou in UBW, it's main issue was that a lot of it was (ironically) monologues with not much else to the scene. Specific chunks of it, like the Last Stardust scene and at the end where we hear Emiya kick in and Shirou overcomes Archer, were very well directed. It's just that a lot of the stuff in between wasn't hugely engaging to watch because of the direction and general pacing. It was a fight that had a great highs but a lot of the inbetween stuff was pretty meh, with the highs making it seem worse than it was.