Page 534 of 568 FirstFirst ... 34434484524529532533534535536539544 ... LastLast
Results 10,661 to 10,680 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    if the apropiate measures are taken, teather should not be much more dangerous than some other activities
    Even if measures are taken, you're still sitting in a room a hundred or so people are sitting in, you're going to be in there for 2+ hours, and there's a group of another hundred people before you who also spent two hours there, all the way back to the cinema's opening time, and the day before, and the week before that, and so on.

It's not a great idea, even if you do wear a mask the entire time and don't have snacks.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Exactly. Also, theaters are not known for being well-ventilated. I should try and contact Aniplex.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    The experience from watching it during the pandemic actual does have its upsides. With half the amount of seats, there is less chance you will have people laughing hysterically every 2 mins (even at scenes that aren't remotely comedic). You also probably won't be sitting near some Fate fan whose smell comes off as if they haven't showered in a month.
    Fair, but none of that is worth the risk. Also, it's kind of fun if the whole crowd reacts the same way to certain scenes. I remember watching the Broly movie in theaters and everyone clapped and whooped when SSB Gogeta showed up. Good times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Aniplex clearly sees profit in going along with this, and are ready to handle complaining as long as they get their money. I respect and understand your worry, but contacting Aniplex will do nothing. And by handle complaints I mean leaving them stuck in customer support and said complaints never reaching the bosses who called the shots to have HFIII in cinemas. Given how they love to overpirce their releases and their translation quality, they must be used to recieving and ignoring complaints. HFIII will go to cinemas, and no one can stop it
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

That's true. I just feel I need to make a show of doing something at least.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I mean, if anyone is feeling unsafe, nobody is forcing them to go , i dont live in USA but i would not go myself, i just dont think a niche anime movie with a target audience of mostly young people would make things significally worse , it didnt in Japan. Hope i dont offend anyone with this statement

Yeah... Japan's outbreak has been much better managed than America's. They have less new cases per day and better contact tracing.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    There aren't many countries with covid management & case numbers worse than America's, to be fair.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

eh, i would hate enter into politics, but here in Argentina we have a government that "took the pandemic very seriously" since march, even in a teathrical way. You know, mask, lockdowns, everything. Seven months late, we have 20.000 dead an counting and the economy WRECKED

We have 210,000 dead, a presidential administration nearly all infected, and a shitty economy with no new stimulus.

Again, i will not make this political

Just saying, again, if you dont feel safe, dont go, people who would go to see the movie are not hitler

It's not the moviegoers I'm mad at, but Aniplex for putting peoples' lives at risk. This shouldn't be "political".

They are just staying true to Heaven's Feel. You can't achieve the Third Magic if you aren't putting something on the line.

Ha, 'tis true indeed. To be magus is to walk a path of death.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    There aren't many countries with covid management & case numbers worse than America's, to be fair.
    It doesn’t help that America has a problem with obesity more than a lot of other countries. CDC said it increases a person’s risk of severe illness from the virus.

Not to mention the nightmare that is americas healthcare system that you will still be charged after an ordeal like that

Aniplex really is acting like a true magus, making other people make the sacrifice for their sweet, sweet profits.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    It's not the moviegoers I'm mad at, but Aniplex for putting peoples' lives at risk. This shouldn't be "political".
    I swear, I won't be commenting on this anymore, because this shit doesn't end well, but I can't help but point out that Aniplex aren't putting anyone's lives at risk. It's the individual responsibility of every moviegoer whether or not they go. None of it falls on Aniplex. None of it. It always, always falls to the individual's responsibility.

No, Aniplex forces the dangerous choice to be made, movie or health, when it should not be a decision any fan has to make. Sure, individuals have some responsibility to weigh the risks and make their decisions, but Aniplex is responsible for making it risky in the first place by ignoring the reality of the pandemic and making this shit a live screening. Aniplex forces the choice between movie and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    No, Aniplex forces the dangerous choice to be made, movie or health, when it should not be a decision any fan has to make
    Complete nonsense. Fans aren't children who needs to be taken care of. The only thing Aniplex does is offer a choice. It's like saying knife or gun or rope manufacturers are responsible if someone decides to kill themselves with their product. Or, perhaps more apt, it's like saying that bicycle companies shouldn't be allowed to make mountain bikes, because by doing so they're "forcing" a choice between mountain biking and safety on their buyers. Oh no!
    It's not "some responsibility." It's complete, utter, and total responsibility of the individuals in question. They're human beings with agency and free will. Don't treat fans like they're infantile invalids who needs to have their hands held and led through life by institutions. What a condescending, totalitarian attitude.
    Last edited by Orivaa; October 11th, 2020 at 05:33 AM.

"Im not responsible for my child shooting herself, i just left the loaded gun on the table it was her choice to pick it up and play with it. Nothing to do with me"

Its particularly relevant for an hf thread. Even shirou cant deceive himself with that logic regarding the crimes accumulated.

If you are as an authority figure in a position to choose whether disaster can potentially happen and allow things to go forward you bear culpability.

Its relevant here as this infection does not just affect a single individual and their choice but countless people around them who didnt choose anything.

Get some damned perspective.
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; October 11th, 2020 at 09:31 AM.