Page 507 of 568 FirstFirst ... 7407457497502505506507508509512517557 ... LastLast
Results 10,121 to 10,140 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrad1 View Post
    Which is a bad thing because Heaven's Feel isn't just about Sakura and Shirou. You don't see Miura (UBW director) forcing the Rin and Shirou ship in UBW anime. Sudou not balancing out screentime for other characters will ruin the climax of spring song because it'll fall flat and will have no impact on people because they don't care about them.
    That is an ill fitting comparison for two reasons, one, this is a movie trilogy, and UBW is a tv series. Two, Shirou/Sakura content was cut out as well. A couple really solid ones too.
    It's mainly keeping it coherent enough that they can work in the various details of which there are a lot to go over in that route, which Sudou has done actually.
    Balancing what can be kept and what needs to be reoriented in the bit of time they have is important, but they also consider their audience for TM stuff right now, which loves cameos, big fights and not as much on lore for the casual viewer.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    sadly that's true the problem with with fate adaptation, they cater more to shonen anime audience
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    sadly that's true the problem with with fate adaptation, they cater more to shonen anime audience
    is it possible tho? making 'perfect' adaptation from any of Nasu Kinoko's works, that will satisfy every audience?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrad1 View Post
    Which is a bad thing because Heaven's Feel isn't just about Sakura and Shirou. You don't see Miura (UBW director) forcing the Rin and Shirou ship in UBW anime. Sudou not balancing out screentime for other characters will ruin the climax of spring song because it'll fall flat and will have no impact on people because they don't care about them.
    I'm honestly not so hot on how the Rin and Shirou ship was handled in the anime even though it's my favourite pairing. But that's more of a source material issue and UBW had way more problems adaptation wise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    is it possible tho? making 'perfect' adaptation from any of Nasu Kinoko's works, that will satisfy every audience?
    It's impossible. The manga's can come close since they don't have the same constraints as anime but ultimately everyone wants different things.

Blog Entries

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    The sheer girth of Archer’s massive gorilla arm visually mismatching the rest of Shirou’s body doesn’t stick out to me the way I remember it being used to at times. Well I guess that is to be expected.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    They tried that with UBW TV and needless to say, it fell on its face in quite a few aspects. It's better to have a work that's focused on a smaller number of things but does them very well than a jack of all trades that tries to do a bit of everything while only ending up feeling ok at best. That's why I think their Rakkyo adaptation is still their best (TM) work so far. It's fairly slow paced and fills the niche of the horror/detective mystery genre that was decently popular in the late 90s, without trying to be anything else.

What's Rakkyo? I can't find anything about it

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kara no Kyoukai.

Lol, I haven't been in the fandom for a long time compared to others on this forum but this is the first time I've seen KnK abbreviated as "Rakkyo"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's the most common abbreviation in the Japanese fandom but you don't see it often because it really makes no sense use a Japanese abbreviation in English spaces. At least I see no reason for Roman alphabet users to go with anything other than KnK.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    KnK works cause its short but id much rather use Oregairu than YOnSLCgM
    Last edited by weeblord; March 3rd, 2020 at 09:30 AM.

Never liked the design for Dark Sakura, but seeing all this official artwork of her has definitely persuaded me into loving it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    i always liked the tentacle sweater-dress in fanart put takeuchi did not pull it off well in FSN.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This has always been my favorite Sakura look and I wish it lasted for a lot longer than it did.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Really? The shadow dress is so good though.

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    Imagine thinking I'm against criticism just because I disagree with some of them (and the situation can turn messy because I'm a fucking idiot). Hell, I've done my share of criticism myself, like the latest fiasco discussing Babylonia, which was born out of disagreement over who should be blamed for Ritsuka/Gudao being bland (I never disagreed with the criticism of him being bland) and a feeling that a certain scene's importance was overrated in the big picture (also lots of misunderstaindings because people brought up staff being harassed on twitter and that made me defensive of the staff because I felt don't deserve such harsh treatment).

Also, thanks for resorting to a personal attack about me having issues with criticism (I won't act like I'm a perfect saint, but it's still a fact I don't see much proving me wrong. Just a very agressive "I don't like the switch in pacing speeds during the movie" ) instead of a detailed explanation of "nothing happens" (you just repeated "nothing happens is a fact" with 0 explanation) after I in my post I welcome another explanation of "nothing happens" as a criticism. But I've seen it for years and it all goes back to people repeating it without elaborating much

If you're talking about me, if I didn't take so long to finish it, I would have made a more detailed post at the time.
    Spoiler:

The battle between Saber Alter and Berserker was the best part of the movie. But just like Lancer and True Assassin, it was so much shorter than I expected it be. And with hindsight, it really makes me wonder how on Earth,Shirou and Rider beat them. Not only are they physically stronger, (like did you see part where they punched Berseker and blocked a punch from them at the end), they have that stupid Shadow backing them up. Like speed didn’t save Lancer, why wasn’t Rider or Shirou caught by it? Heck, I’m amazed Berseker even survived long enough for Shirou to kill him after that fight. He took Excalibur at point blank range, I think.

I like how Ilya just shows up and starts being nice to Shirou after her Servant literally spills his guts out and before she loses him. Why bother doing that now?
    I wonder about that dream he had where she showed up all of a sudden, was that some premonition or some sort of magecraft?

That scene in the rain that everyone talked about was so bad. Like the random close-ups and the slow down effects were horrible. And it’s so freaking long too. There’s a line in there that makes me question what the translators were thinking. Take a guess which one it is. Rin and Archer could have easily have stopped them if they wanted to, but they just let them walk away. And I have no idea what Archer was talking about either.

Archer was so cool, he could have killed True Assassin if he didn’t have to worry about Rin. He had such a good showing. The scene after he blocked that explosion was pretty sad. Like the moment when his hair was done and he called Rin by her last name like Shirou does… He came there to kill himself, but he ended up saving himself. And just like that, my favorite character was gone from the movie, another victim of that stupid thing. Knowing that it’s going to happen doesn’t make it any better.

I like how after promising to protect Sakura, Shirou still thinks about stabbing her with a knife. Not that it would have done anything. I wonder why Rin even bothered with bringing one to the cave. Like she survived getting attacked by Gate of Babylon and somehow reformed herself. What happened back then, I don’t know what to call it.I don’t think it was instant regeneration, but it was insane.

I did not expect that F-bomb at the end. I can’t believe they got away with that.

I keep thinking that I got the message or the moral of the story that the movie/movies are trying to convey sometimes, without just looking online to refresh my memory, but then I begin to doubt myself about it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    We will never know what's with the scene of Gilgamesh staring at the window

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    That scene in the rain that everyone talked about was so bad. Like the random close-ups and the slow down effects were horrible.
    I thought the slow-mo scene was fine because itgave time for Shirou's inner thoughts which we never got in any of the anime adaptations so far. What was wrong with the close-ups you had?

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I like how Ilya just shows up and starts being nice to Shirou after her Servant literally spills his guts out and before she loses him. Why bother doing that now?
    Yeah, I found this really strange and I thought it was a case of bad writing. Illya in presage flower lets Berserker loose to kill Saber, Rin and Shirou and Shirou is fatally wounded. Illya goes away to her Castle and in lost butterfly she meets Shirou again as if this event didn't happen.