Page 542 of 568 FirstFirst ... 42442492532537540541542543544547552 ... LastLast
Results 10,821 to 10,840 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Finally watched spring song and I'm conflicted on it as the movie did have a lot of good stuff and bad stuff.

Good:
    +Shirou closing dead Shinji's eyes
    +The buildup hype with the EMIYA remix until the NLBW scene
    +Kyrie Eleison and Claudia
    +The numerous Shirou/Illya moments
    +Rin vs Sakura and their touching reunion
    +Rider/Shirou vs Saber
    +Einzbern, Makiri and Tohsaka backstory
    +Shirou and Illya's goodbye and Illya running into Iri's arms

Bad:
    -Aniplex subs
    -Sakura "woe is me, please pity me" Matou
    -Rule Breaker scene
    -Shirou jumping a great distance to get to where Sakura is
    -Kotomine vs Shirou
    -No "I like Kotomine Kirei" line
    -awkard cut to Zouken during Kotomine vs Shirou

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    How was the Shirou-Kotimine fight in general? Was it bad, good, or meh? Was it as brutal as the VN version was?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It was... pretty brutal, but it was compressed, and far too energetic. Part of the bad was that they had to have Shirou be The Action Hero for some reason, still able to run and leap and pull off all sorts of acrobatic shit even when he was dying of sword, right up until the end. The other part was that they pushed half the talking into the fight scene. It could've been a far better scene if they'd both barely been able to stand.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The fight IS quite energic on Kotomine side even in the VN, it's only in the end that he is barely standing.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It was... pretty brutal, but it was compressed, and far too energetic. Part of the bad was that they had to have Shirou be The Action Hero for some reason, still able to run and leap and pull off all sorts of acrobatic shit even when he was dying of sword, right up until the end. The other part was that they pushed half the talking into the fight scene. It could've been a far better scene if they'd both barely been able to stand.
    For some reason. I already said it's because it's what audiences want and expect from Ufo and Fate. They'd get trashed if they did otherwise, with people complaining about lack of sakuga or shitty paced fight or shitty fight in general becauase good fights gotta be flashy. People'd compare it negatively to Kirei vs Kerry from Zero if it was faithful to the VN
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Again, you are all misremembering. This is the VN

He kicks off of the ground and runs straight at me.

"Haa――――"
    I don't have such power left in my legs.
    I lower my stance, eyes fixed on his oncoming chest, and...
    "Ahhhhhhhh――――!"
    I swing my fist full-force at a speed he can't avoid...!

But my fist swings through empty space, and I'm the one who gets hit.

"Guh――――!?"
    I don't see Kotomine.
    That speed. The enemy that charged me disappears from my view in an instant,
    crouches down by my left side, slams his palm into my stomach,
    and kicks up at my body with his lightning fast legs.

"Haa――――guh......!"
    His kicks are like fire.
    It's been a while since I felt pain strong enough to make me lose consciousness.

"Gi――――"
    How many meters was I kicked up?
    The impact was strong enough to rip my head off.
    No, if I'm going to talk about impact, then the second blow to my stomach was strong enough to pulverize my organs.

This is not the fight between two men that barely stands. Or at least, it doesn't start as one.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    Anyone planning on trying to see the movie again, if they've already seen it?

Saw spring song on Friday night with a friend (same friend that accompanied me to screenings of the first two films!), and I'm having too tough of a time on deciding whether to go again or not, to a different theater that's roughly the same distance away.

Part of why I'm considering going of course is because of my enjoyment of it, but also to see how the screen quality compares to my first showing... it felt like the particular Marcus theater I went to cut off the top 1/25th of the screen in the projection, and I don't know if I'd like to try my odds on another $16 ticket at the OTHER Marcus theater I usually go to OR an older AMC theater for a $9 ticket at a fading county mall I don't go to.

But dare I... save money and just wait for an April(?) Japanese BD release/torrent to see it again at home? And might it just be one too much a viewing of Heaven's Feel if I'll be re-watching a few times over at home anyway?

A first-world problem among first-world problems.
    The theater experience is something you'll never be able to have again after it's done and you won't be able to replicate with the Bluray version unless you own your own theater with a theater sound system.

I'd personally go to the theatrical showing, regardless.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    For some reason. I already said it's because it's what audiences want and expect from Ufo and Fate. They'd get trashed if they did otherwise, with people complaining about lack of sakuga or shitty paced fight or shitty fight in general becauase good fights gotta be flashy. People'd compare it negatively to Kirei vs Kerry from Zero if it was faithful to the VN
    The fight isn't flashy though and it actually prioritise drawing quality over animation.

More flashy that it'd be if Shirou couldn't do acrobatics or whatever. And consistent drawing quality can make up for lack of animation in the eyes of this kind of audience, given how they love zooming and pausing in-beetween frames to complain
    Point is, moments changed to be more actiony are to pander to the new audience that came starting with Zero, and then exploded with Grand Order
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by bassgs435 View Post
    More flashy that it'd be if Shirou couldn't do acrobatics or whatever.
    Did you watch the movie? in that fight there is no acrobatics at all. The only scene that I can call questionableis at the very beginning when Shirou dodges a punch, immediately grab Kotomine by the leg and tries to throw him to the ground. For the whole fight they just punch each other, fall down, rise up, and then punch each other again.

I didn't as I don't have cinemas near, and don't even know if it's in my country or ever will be. Not like I'd go on pandemic time. And I refuse to watch camrips
    So, I'm going by what people here are saying. If anything's flashier or more actiony than needed, audiences are to blame is my point. I know how stupid it is to talk without watching the movie, but I've no other choice at the moment.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    The problem with that approach though is that it only takes one person to just record it from however the streaming would go, and boom it's out there in decent/good quality and jacking them of their $$$ for the eventual Blu-ray release. I'd agree with you otherwise, but that approach was a long shot.
    And this is why I dislike/hate corporations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    The theater experience is something you'll never be able to have again after it's done and you won't be able to replicate with the Bluray version unless you own your own theater with a theater sound system.

I'd personally go to the theatrical showing, regardless.
    Not worth death or killing people for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    Did you watch the movie? in that fight there is no acrobatics at all. The only scene that I can call questionableis at the very beginning when Shirou dodges a punch, immediately grab Kotomine by the leg and tries to throw him to the ground. For the whole fight they just punch each other, fall down, rise up, and then punch each other again.
    Shirou tackles him into the air, and then after like two seconds of free flight, Kotomine pulls some Melty Blood shit and command grabs Shirou, flips them both in the air, and tosses the guy.

The fight is supposed to be two dead men in their final gasps, not Super Smash Bros.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Not worth death or killing people for.
    Absolutely this of course, I agree.
    Last edited by Astroprogs; November 23rd, 2020 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroprogs View Post
    Absolutely this of course, I agree.
    caling everyoe who went to the movie a murderer is freaking stupid , but lest not derail the topic with this . People went, and some are sharin their impressions, and thats what i want to read in this topic.
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; November 23rd, 2020 at 07:52 PM.

I went to see the film yesterday (where I am Covid basically doesn't exist, though they still take some precautions).

The thing about understanding these HF movies is that I think an anime only could... but only if they've been taking notes when watching Zero and UBW.
    The problem is that things are only explained once in a line here or there over the course of the shows and films.

So while it sounds a bit daunting, the best advice I could give to someone is to try and watch Zero, UBW and the HF films within a relatively small timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissarbc View Post
    I went to see the film yesterday (where I am Covid basically doesn't exist, though they still take some precautions).

The thing about understanding these HF movies is that I think an anime only could... but only if they've been taking notes when watching Zero and UBW.
    The problem is that things are only explained once in a line here or there over the course of the shows and films.

So while it sounds a bit daunting, the best advice I could give to someone is to try and watch Zero, UBW and the HF films within a relatively small timeframe.

Thats sounds legit , but some anime onlies watch fate as some flashy action anime, they dont care as much about lore . Not sayin thats ok, but it happens

It's most of them. Thus why some scenes like Saber Alter vs Berserker or the Rule Breaker scene are made more actiony. Same with Shirou doing acrobatics vs Gil in UBW. They know people want crazy action setpieces and everything else is second.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Shirou tackles him into the air, and then after like two seconds of free flight, Kotomine pulls some Melty Blood shit and command grabs Shirou, flips them both in the air, and tosses the guy.

The fight is supposed to be two dead men in their final gasps, not Super Smash Bros.
    No, that's not what is happening. It's not an aerial move. Shirou dodges a punch by dropping down, grabs Kotomine leg and begin to push to unbalance him. While he is pushing, he hits Kotomine on the chin with his palm. Kotomine then grabs his arm and use the momentum to throw him down. Again, this is the more questionable sequence of the fight, but more for the reflex of Shirou grabbing the leg immediately after dodging than for some videogame aerial move.
    Last edited by Herod; November 24th, 2020 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    caling everyoe who went to the movie a murderer is freaking stupid , but lest not derail the topic with this . People went, and some are sharin their impressions, and thats what i want to read in this topic.
    Just to clarify, I'm not doing that. All I'm saying is for people to take care of themselves.