Page 544 of 568 FirstFirst ... 44444494534539542543544545546549554 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,880 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    Rin saying "are you happy? in the ending makes the cut?
    yes but they reframe the meaning behind it
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    Can anyone recall-- or well, perhaps point out now, should one desire to review the cam-rip put up the other day (which I DMed you more specifically about, lethum)-- how "bad" the Aniplex subs were this time for Spring Song?

I'm already familiar with how upsetting some of their subtitling work has been in the past, like in some UBW episodes, but honestly, how bad has it been for the Heaven's Feel films, or spring song in particular?

Aside from their modus operandi of not caring to subtitle any of the songs (always remember those, fan-subbers!), the only Aniplex subs I recall negatively were those for a few bits in lost butterfly: in Kirei's "blessing scene" after Shirou/Sakura have sex; the subtitles literally translating Shirou's 'asobi ni' question to Sakura as "go out to play" rather than "go out/hang out somewhere" or something more natural; and Shinji's unnatural pluralization of his sex as "intercourses." I don't recall any bad vibes from any scene in spring song, aside from a really vague guess that just maybe the subtitles missed something in the epilogue?

Without more specific examples, I'd be inclined to think there's more meme than merit to the aniplex subs really being bad in spring song.
    There was a particularly bad one in Lost Butterfly where Zouken tells Shirou to implant a piece of the holy grail in Sakura to kill her, rather than explaining that only Shirou can kill Sakura who Zouken had implanted a piece of the holy grail in. Also, near the start of Spring Song, Sakura comments on Shirou having seen Shinji's corpse, with Shirou trying to point out that he knows it was Zouken's trap, but the subs seem to think Sakura is talking about Rin and that Shirou is trying to claim Zouken was the one who attacked her.

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I'd be very curious how this was reframed exactly; my memory of many of the particulars of the original VN route isn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohakura View Post
    There was a particularly bad one in Lost Butterfly where Zouken tells Shirou to implant a piece of the holy grail in Sakura to kill her, rather than explaining that only Shirou can kill Sakura who Zouken had implanted a piece of the holy grail in. Also, near the start of Spring Song, Sakura comments on Shirou having seen Shinji's corpse, with Shirou trying to point out that he knows it was Zouken's trap, but the subs seem to think Sakura is talking about Rin and that Shirou is trying to claim Zouken was the one who attacked her.
    Didn't remember that one from Lost Butterfly (yikes), but for the second one... well, my will quickly broke and I ended up taking a quick look at that scene in question in the camrip, because I think I did recall something a bit off about that exchange between Sakura and Shirou.

Yeah... did whoever subtitle/translate it really confuse "Nii-san (Shinji)" with "Nee-san (Rin)"...? Don't they have scripts to read off from when prepping the subs?

But on the bright side, at least while in the moment of watching, the subs could be read in a logical way semantically that works within the HF canon... maybe? In that when Sakura said "You saw what happened to her", I understood her as essentially telling him 'You saw how bad of a girl I am, after even attacking Rin', and as Shirou responded "You're wrong! This is what Zouken did-", I understood that as Shirou still working through some degree of denial but (and I think he is right to, to a POINT) also blaming Zouken for Sakura doing what she's doing.

Yeah, if the script really had it written as お兄さん instead of お姉さん hopefully Aniplex will fix that up on the English subtitles for either their domestic or U.S. release, but I shouldn't be holding my breath. (Double facepalm if this mistake carries into the English dub, though.) Hope that whoever fan-subs this, even if they rely mostly on Aniplex's script, will change THIS scene at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Now to try and burn that shoddy picture quality away from my memory (because an okay camrip is still gonna camrip)

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Only thing i kinda loied at was shirous you keep up with me" being translated differently. It gives a different emotional response
    The one thing i loled at was Shirou saying
    Spoiler:
    "Is it ok if i kill him" to Illya before taking on Herk

I know is just a callback, but its in a high tension scene and that line was originally used to break the tension... It unintentionally still worked as such.

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    ineresting, how so ?

And here we go again with the Q&A.

Now to think about something worthwhile to ask for 2 days again and then forgetting about it entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors lethum's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I remember sending a question to a F/SN:UBW anime online Q&A and probably not having it answered. There's also the chance that they paraphrased and I didn't notice because I wasn't paying attention.

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hasn't at least one user here had success in getting a question of theirs, in Japanese, answered?

I really hope the question I posed here months ago about Saber Alter gets asked in some way. I wouldn't know how to phrase this with my rudimentary language skills.

Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    Basically: is HF's Saber Alter-- i.e. a blackened Saber, not Saber Alter the FGO Servant (that's still the case in the films, right? I hope i shouldn't have to ask)-- able to find any 'release' or 'salvation' in her death at Shirou's hands? Like, what happens to Saber's soul, or her very spirit as Artoria? Does she go to the throne? Does she go back to Camlann hill? Does she just... die? For lack of better term, does she go to 'Servant hell'? (I know I made that last bit up, but I can't think of any other way to describe the feeling her death gave me years ago.)
    I truly appreciate some of the possibilities offered last time, but it's be great to get more official commentary, especially since spring song sure as hell did not care to address the question-- or have the time to, quite frankly (and understandably).

I doubt theyll answer that question. If they do itll be like how nasu answered about sakura in fate implying only the worst.

If we are looking at best case scenario shes just back at the hill again looking for another grail. She is not "saved" and thats all we need to know.

Also alter in hf(slave to mango and corrupted) is not fgo alter
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; December 3rd, 2020 at 04:25 AM.

Didnt FHA point out that red creeping squiggles on the armor means Seiba is "mango powerd" while non-mango versions just get the paleness, yellow eyes and black armor?

- - - Updated - - -

Although looking at your sig, it seems HF movies removed her ahoge in a attempt to fuse the characters together..

I'm sorry because my question is off topic.But I need help.

But, How can a foreigner like me buy Bludray from Ufortable website???

https://members.shop-pro.jp/?mode=me...n4d6xv4bgknhbs

I trying to sign up in the website. However, It reveals that they Ufortable only ship Bludray disk to any location of Japan.
    So, how can anyone in Thailand or Vietnam buy them???

Thank you. Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Didnt FHA point out that red creeping squiggles on the armor means Seiba is "mango powerd" while non-mango versions just get the paleness, yellow eyes and black armor?

- - - Updated - - -

Although looking at your sig, it seems HF movies removed her ahoge in a attempt to fuse the characters together..
    The Saber Alter sprites in HF have no Ahoge either.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    ineresting, how so ?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by hf movie pamphlet
    What about the Rin's line in the epilogue "Sakura, are you happy?"
    Sudou: It's about that pause isn't it? I was wondering how to do the pause. In the original game, how fast you click determines the flow of the words. People who want to quickly see what's next click quickly, and those who want to savor the moment, savor it. That pause is like taking a breath in anticipation. I wonder if I properly captured savoring that moment.
    Nasu: That's right. Sakura isn't in a position where replying that she's happy is permissible anyway, but at the same time, that moment is the very moment where you have to answer that you're happy.
    Last edited by You; December 11th, 2020 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

hum, i get it...kinda, but i guess i have to see the moment on screen to fully get it

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    The Saber Alter sprites in HF have no Ahoge either.
    I'm irrationally bothered by the fact that they removed it for everything except the CG from her fights.

What about the Rin's line in the epilogue "Sakura, are you happy?"
    Sudou: It's about that pause isn't it? I was wondering how to do the pause. In the original game, how fast you click determines the flow of the words. People who want to quickly see what's next click quickly, and those who want to savor the moment, savor it. That pause is like taking a breath in anticipation. I wonder if I properly captured savoring that moment.
    Nasu: That's right. Sakura isn't in a position where replying that she's happy is permissible anyway, but at the same time, that moment is the very moment where you have to answer that you're happy.
    hmm...
    Nasu mean Sakura actually doesn't really happy ( still haunting by her past). But she say she is happy just to satisfied her sister???

Could be backwards and shes happy but you dont go around talking about being happy right now despite commiting genocide a while back, right?

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Could be backwards and shes happy but you dont go around talking about being happy right now despite commiting genocide a while back, right?
    I kinda understood it that way, also. I wish "You" added also some comment instead of just quote Them .
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; December 12th, 2020 at 11:54 PM.

"Sakura should have died because she was a monster. Gi was much nicer and worth saving" You know the guy who wanted to wipe out most of humanity and also rape Saber . This guy didnt read the VN and wanted other redittors to spoil the movie ending , wich they said sakura lived he was totally dissapointed, lol . Doesnt matter how you feel about her, you have to be something else to watch the first two movies and still think they could end with her killed

These Zero fans, man
    Some guys want be killed by their lover?

-------------------

By the way. I think have something wrong with Nasu, when he trying to describe his characters.

When reading the novel, I usually split the characters' sentences follow three topic:
    - What are they feel.
    - What are they want to say.
    - What are they really say.

exp: when Dark Sakura say about why her life is the hell compare to Rin, or she never can defeat Rin. I think she is envy against her sister.

However, just several sentences later, Nasu reveals that Sakura actually want got more the attention and love from Rin.
    Last edited by kohaku; December 13th, 2020 at 12:06 AM.