Page 521 of 568 FirstFirst ... 21421471511516519520521522523526531 ... LastLast
Results 10,401 to 10,420 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I mean the safest thing to do would be to release it digitally.
    LMAO and lose all the profits they will earn by airing in theaters? the safest play for ufo was doing exactly what they did is to delay the movie until corona dies down in japan

JP Friend Code
    Bought my ticket. Preorders opened less than an hour ago and there were only a few seats left...

Here's hoping things will go well.
    updated 2019/1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Akyuu View Post
    Bought my ticket. Preorders opened less than an hour ago and there were only a few seats left...

Stay safe!

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Akyuu View Post

Whoa really!? I'm surprised they were still selling preorder tickets at this point.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss View Post
    Whoa really!? I'm surprised they were still selling preorder tickets at this point.
    Theaters in Japan open pre-order 2-3 days before the premiere.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Shaping a thin metal wire or a strand of hair into things like birds or swords. Irisviel was the first one to use it but (as I was reminded of) Illya started to also with the UBW anime.
    IIRC they're adapting the Einzbern alchemy techniques into a weapon. I can't remember exactly, but I think Iri mentioned that Kiritsugu either inspired her creation of it, or just straight up taught her how to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    still dont know what to think of shirous freefall through tentacles thing though.
    Slow walk wouldn't feel as impactful in their eyes I would guess.

Hopefully the third movie ends being leaked like the second one was as well. IDGAF about the quality, I won't be able to handle the wait of 6 months.

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's feeling weird to get excited again about the finale to the HF film trilogy, after months of delay and (on my end) deeper involvement in FGO USA in the past 10 months than any other timeframe, yet here I am.... er, sort of. The delays coudn't be helped, but they still cooled my hype a bit, and it doen't help either that the U.S. release plans are still unknown amidst a pandemic.

I'm sure there will continue to be a lot rummaging through memories of the ending of the route among fans here, and questions directed towards Akyuu (and others who happen to see the film in Japan?) as to what carried over to Spring Song or not from the VN and what not. Some scenes take and will continue taking priority over others, naturally.

But one matter that I find myself rather curious about, perhaps undeservedly so compared to all the other important scenes in the last third of HF, is the handling of Saber Alter's fate. Hell, I'm not sure I even understand it within the context of the VN itself!

So I am welcome to being spared the details of how Saber Alter's fate is handled specifically in spring song... but I sure as heck want some clarity on her death in the original Heaven's Feel, which i feel I've been lacking ever since she became her own Servant in FGO. (And if it wasn't as clear as I would've thought originally, maybe it'll somehow be clearer in the film.) Basically: is HF's Saber Alter-- i.e. a blackened Saber, not Saber Alter the FGO Servant (that's still the case in the films, right? I hope i shouldn't have to ask)-- able to find any 'release' or 'salvation' in her death at Shirou's hands? Like, what happens to Saber's soul, or her very spirit as Artoria? Does she go to the throne? Does she go back to Camlann hill? Does she just... die? For lack of better term, does she go to 'Servant hell'? (I know I made that last bit up, but I can't think of any other way to describe the feeling her death gave me years ago.)

At least knowing how it went down in the VN can help me orient myself as to "how it ought to be" in the movie version.
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    It's feeling weird to get excited again about the finale to the HF film trilogy, after months of delay and (on my end) deeper involvement in FGO USA in the past 10 months than any other timeframe, yet here I am.... er, sort of. The delays coudn't be helped, but they still cooled my hype a bit, and it doen't help either that the U.S. release plans are still unknown amidst a pandemic.

I'm sure there will continue to be a lot rummaging through memories of the ending of the route among fans here, and questions directed towards Akyuu (and others who happen to see the film in Japan?) as to what carried over to Spring Song or not from the VN and what not. Some scenes take and will continue taking priority over others, naturally.

But one matter that I find myself rather curious about, perhaps undeservedly so compared to all the other important scenes in the last third of HF, is the handling of Saber Alter's fate. Hell, I'm not sure I even understand it within the context of the VN itself!

So I am welcome to being spared the details of how Saber Alter's fate is handled specifically in spring song... but I sure as heck want some clarity on her death in the original Heaven's Feel, which i feel I've been lacking ever since she became her own Servant in FGO. (And if it wasn't as clear as I would've thought originally, maybe it'll somehow be clearer in the film.) Basically: is HF's Saber Alter-- i.e. a blackened Saber, not Saber Alter the FGO Servant (that's still the case in the films, right? I hope i shouldn't have to ask)-- able to find any 'release' or 'salvation' in her death at Shirou's hands? Like, what happens to Saber's soul, or her very spirit as Artoria? Does she go to the throne? Does she go back to Camlann hill? Does she just... die? For lack of better term, does she go to 'Servant hell'? (I know I made that last bit up, but I can't think of any other way to describe the feeling her death gave me years ago.)

At least knowing how it went down in the VN can help me orient myself as to "how it ought to be" in the movie version.
    All signs point toward Saber having no salvation in HF. I don't know the exact Nasuverse mechanics of it, but I'm certain that, as far as the story is concerned, Saber is dead and that's that. It's like Illya in UBW; it's not even a tragic ending to a character arc, it's a character arc being cut brutally short. You won't be satisfied if you ask how this is a fitting end for Saber in and of herself. The only purpose lies in what it does for the rest of the story - in this case, it's all about Shirou and his feelings about having to kill her. (If you're a feminist critic and you want a convenient stick to beat HF over the head with, talk about how Saber only exists for the sake of Shirou's mangst. Same for UBW and Illya.)

Got tickets for my friend and me tomorrow at 9am in Kyoto. So hyped!

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by remirror View Post
    All signs point toward Saber having no salvation in HF. I don't know the exact Nasuverse mechanics of it, but I'm certain that, as far as the story is concerned, Saber is dead and that's that. It's like Illya in UBW; it's not even a tragic ending to a character arc, it's a character arc being cut brutally short. You won't be satisfied if you ask how this is a fitting end for Saber in and of herself. The only purpose lies in what it does for the rest of the story - in this case, it's all about Shirou and his feelings about having to kill her. (If you're a feminist critic and you want a convenient stick to beat HF over the head with, talk about how Saber only exists for the sake of Shirou's mangst. Same for UBW and Illya.)
    I never really thought that was the end for her anyway. I mean, she has way too many special ties to things for her not to be used in some way.
    So either she becomes a Heroic Spirit officially, has her body taken by the Fae for her to fulfill her destiny as The Once and Future King. Its doubtful she is gonna be recycled and thats it.

Someone is probably going to ask Nasu about it in the final Q&A.

Considering the answer to does Sakura live a good life in the other routes was 'in your dreams'. I assume Seiba is just back at Camlan waiting for the next chance and cursing Fuyuki for fucking her over twice

US Friend Code
    Real spoilers, not being cheeky
    Spoiler:

Though I don't know if I'd really say Zelretch is a cameo when he was in the VN but w/e

Spoiler:
    No post credit or mid credit scene. Shirou's soul was kept in a birdcage like Akt.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The moment you guys have been waiting for.

Here's a cam rip of Shirou vs Kotomine fight, part one and two.

Part one https://youtu.be/5liaONBmKE8

Part two https://youtu.be/j_xolRGyy24

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    ^First part was hype but second had too much CG

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    Apparently Iri appears and hugs Illya in her death scene
    Last edited by Reign; August 15th, 2020 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Spoiler:
    Apparently Iri appears and hugs Illya in her death scene
    They copied wrath from conquerer of shamballa? Lmao

Well i expected that from the beginning. Just to throw in the typical zero fanservice youd expect.
    Spoiler:
    I am suprised kiritsugu isnt there though. Unless they are saying illya and iri are sealed together in the grail and their souls dont even get to reincarnate? That would suck.

As for the discussion of arturias fate it doesnt really matter regarding specifics. The end result is that she is dead and not saved in the least, way worse than archers timeline. But at the same time thats kind of the point of the story. Not everyone can be saved even if you resolve to never give up trying. Its a matter of who and what you prioritize and thats it.
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; August 15th, 2020 at 01:10 AM.