Page 532 of 568 FirstFirst ... 32432482522527530531532533534537542 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,640 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    The actual ufo 9lbw wasnt too hot imo but the can you keep up with me part was amazing.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Needed EMIYA a bit longer.
    burn your dread you coward

Yeah steel wind was cool..dunno how i feel about the emiya remix but hearing emiya there at all was nice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrad1 View Post
    he's implying that the NLBW scene in spring song was garbage probably

i haven't seen the movie yet but i'd like to think it was done well
    I wouldn't say garbage... I actually liked how ufo portrayed it.

I was just astonished to see this video because at first I thought it was just a JP fan showing how it went in the VN for JP modern audiences but it was more than that.

Now, what was really weird was EMIYA theme not playing throughout the whole scene.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss View Post

nuff said if the Japanese peeps have to do it themselves.
    Nah, just like how a single page spread of a pivotal scene will feel different when put to animation, different media is different.
    That is why directing an adaptation is so hard. You have to capture that intensity that the reader would let broil inside them as they read the words, the pace of the music and dialogue being completely in their control yaddayadda.
    Headcanon trumping what is given.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    The kind of adaptation some people want is for TV channels and cinemas to put on playthroughs of something like Steins;Gate Elite. And the difference in mediums is a good reason Elite doesn't have a good reception and people prefer the anime or the original VN to experience the story of S;G
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Namelesss View Post
    I wouldn't say garbage... I actually liked how ufo portrayed it.

I was just astonished to see this video because at first I thought it was just a JP fan showing how it went in the VN for JP modern audiences but it was more than that.

Now, what was really weird was EMIYA theme not playing throughout the whole scene.
    I can't read moon runes, but is there anything that actually implies it to be critical rather than, say, a tribute?

Quote Originally Posted by Orivaa View Post
    I can't read moon runes, but is there anything that actually implies it to be critical rather than, say, a tribute?
    No. Nothing from the uploader implies it, and most of the comments are like "it doesn't matter that this scene wasn't exactly as it was in the VN, it was still really great" or at most it's like "yeah the movie was cool but I prefer the original scene"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

https://www.fate-sn.com/sp/hf/news/index.html
    Apparently there's a pamphlet called the "Sakura Pamphlet" with information about the movie and comments from people like Nasu, Takeuchi and Sudou that people watching HF at the cinema are receiving. I haven't found any scans of it, but here's a second hand account of some of it's contents:
    https://fusetter.com/tw/7pe5S7eR#all
    Some interesting tidbits:
    綺礼と桜のシーンでは桜が凛みたいにかっこよく解説しようとして上手くいってないって状況なんだと知り、あ のシーンの意図的な台詞回しとか表現とかに納得すると同時に桜の凛への憧れとか上手くいかない未熟さとかが 詰まってて改めてもう一度見たい!と思った
    Apparently Sakura is intentionally trying to imitate Rin's way of speaking to sound cool but failing at it while talking to Kotomine.
    ちっちゃい影は自分もきのこ同様に桜に残った良心とか本来の心だと思ってたけど、監督の「桜の一番幼い心」 っていう解釈を知って凛の隣をついていったり怯えてたりしてたのはそういうことか!ととても納得がいった。 そう考えると他の影もまた桜の心であり、堂々と凛の前を歩いてるのとかも「私は姉さんよりも強いんだ!」っ ていう思いが現れてるのかな…と
    The little shadow that stays with Sakura represents the youthful side of her heart according to Sudou.
    映像を信じていない、映像を見せられると自分の矛盾やウソを突きつけられると語ったきのこに『俺の文章はこ ういう絵に出来るのか』と思わせたhf……本当にすごいと改めて思った…
    At first, Nasu didn't believe HF could make for a good movie, and that seeing it animated would just expose his lies and inconsistencies, but seeing Sudou's adaptation amazed him and made him think "So my writing can be be turned into art like this?".
    これが先に出来ていたらCCCは無かったと言わしめる
    According to Nasu, if the HF movies had come out first, he would never have made CCC.
    Last edited by Kohakura; September 26th, 2020 at 11:51 AM.

US Friend Code
    At first, Nasu didn't believe HF could make for a good movie, and that seeing it animated would just expose his lies and inconsistencies, but seeing Sudou's adaptation amazed him and made him think "So my writing can be be turned into art like this?".
    Wasn't this the same thing he said about the KnK movies?

According to Nasu, if the HF movies had come out first, he would never have made CCC.
    I don't get it. Why?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    2004-2012 were darker times where Sakura was unpopular. CCC is played a huge part in making understand who was Fate/‘s best heroine. If we had the Heaven’s Feel movies back then, this wouldn’t be so necessary. Although I trust my man Niinou to still have demanded it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSkipRow View Post
    Wasn't this the same thing he said about the KnK movies?

I don't get it. Why?

I imagine is the same thing comun said. As you can see by carnival phantasm, Sakura, even if not in sacchin territory and despite always havin passionate fans , was treated more of a meme compared to Saber and rin. Even if BB and the other CCC clones are not her, they actually helped her case , the movies even more and altought she still behind saber and rin specially in the west , she finally entered the discussion and even if the memes remain, she is more than that, im surprised how much she grow in the western fan base in the last, lest say four years

By the way, im glad it was not the case, now we had both CCC and this movie trilogy, wich is not perfect, but more than serviceable as adaptation.

PD : hope the same will happen with sacchin some day

Quote Originally Posted by Kohakura View Post
    At this point, I doubt Nasu even remembers what he wrote back then, especially considering how he apparently wanted to rewrite Ufotable's Answer and turned it into something "cool" rather than "compelling", before giving up and letting Miura take a dump all over the scene like usual. No wonder he gave up everything for FGO these days since he essentially has a blank check and can write any sort of "cool" low effort/pandering gacha-tier plotline that he wants with no strings attached and the masses will still eat it up no matter what.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    before giving up and letting Miura take a dump all over the scene like usual
    Yeah Im sure that adding 4 big blades completely killed Nasu's script for that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuno View Post
    Yeah Im sure that adding 4 big blades completely killed Nasu's script for that scene.
    It's more that they stretched the sequence into oblivion while also adding a bunch of unnecessary fluff to it. Then again Nasu also said that he was really impressed with it so I guess it doesn't really matter *shrug*.

Edit: Nice tweet btw:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by GarlandGreene; September 27th, 2020 at 01:59 PM.

About nasus comments on sakuras popularity, its only natural due to sakura not having her route animated back then and the type moon fandom being infinitely smaller than it is right now.

Its ironic that after the longest time its now the complete opposite of how it was back then, with rin and sakura looked at fondly in the mainstrean and arturia is largely in the shadows, mostly relegated to whatever hollow merchandising they put out for fgo in the form of meme alternate gag versions whenever takeuchi feels like drawing a new design.

It makes sense tho. 95% of the fanbase of fate these days are still never going to read the vn, nor will they go back and watch a relic like dsn either.

Its just interesting. Now im going to go into insane person mode and wondering how any hypothetical attempt at a marketing lead "tsukihime resurgence" would go for TM and be received by the modern fandom after being treated worse than any aspect of fate ever has been.

Its probably fair to say that in japan and elsewhere the amount of people who have read the VN are much less than the amount of people who read the manga. Which is then dwarfed significantly by those who have at one point played melty, who are further infinitely dwarfed by those who have never touched or even heard of any aspect of the property.

"a second hand account" Why should we believe any of that? How do we even know what it says? It's way too shady.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

seeing it animated would just expose his lies and inconsistencies
    is this a mistranslation?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Arguably. "Expose" is a word that implies "the audience word notice the lies and inconsistencies Nasu intentionally put in there", when the real meaning is "seeing HF animated would make Nasu get all the lies and inconsistencies of his work shoved into his face, in a way he can't just pretend the flaws are not there".

"Everyone will say my work sucks" isnt an excuse nasu