Page 431 of 568 FirstFirst ... 331381421426429430431432433436441481531 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,620 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, they bypassed the whole "how can Shirou know how Rule Breaker works/that Rho Aias exists".

Sandalphon's worst nightmare AstralSword's Avatar
    Unfortunately I'll have to wait till the Blu-disc is out.

I am currently living in Italy and there are movie theaters here that have it on display.

Unfortunately I can barely speak italian, let alone read it.

The marvelous handcaps of being me

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobin View Post
    Oh, right. With how they adapted Shirou seeing Rho Aias into the movie I’m going to make the assumption that he won’t be using Caladbolg II during the Saber Alter fight and we’ll be seeing that play out differently.
    He only used Caladbolg II for a bad end, where you don't believe in Rider and use an projection to make a distraction.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Yeah, they bypassed the whole "how can Shirou know how Rule Breaker works/that Rho Aias exists".
    He saw Rule Breaker with undead Medea in the park, so it's nice they set it all up pretty well.

Can't believe Sudou opted to cut out Illya/Kirei and Rin screen time just for Sakura wanking. As if her screen time in presage flower wasn't enough. Why is he just solely focusing on Sakura? There exists other characters too, you know?

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Because there's not enough time for other. This is not visual novel you know?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

You could argue that the original HF route made Sakura a footnote despite being it being so multifaceted with other characters for that very reason...

the fact that they are focusing on Sakura here makes it seem more like her story as opposed to illya's or Rin's, even if its at the cost of the bigger story explanations

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    I still think Illya got handled pretty well. She had a decent amount of screentime and I felt her scenes were done with lots of love. This whole OMG they deleted Illya “outrage” is just so strange to me. They even expanded on the muh daddy aspect of her with an anime original scene.

Oh, and if we’re talking wank, the ones that actually got wanked were Berserker and Archer. Both had short jobbing stunts that got turned into awesome character victories.
    Last edited by weeblord; February 3rd, 2019 at 08:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    Even in the original that piecemealed the roles between everyone, I did not find Sakura too marginalized, just that she was the elephant in the room due to the protags being tricked over and over. Though I do admit that it was annoying that many times she had an opinion she was told to just go to bed.
    You got her viewpoints of her life, magecraft, family, how she feels about Shirou, the works. It was just that it also showed her descent and mental scarring, so a lot to chew through in one route.
    Saber and Rin had the first two routes to just be idealistic heroines with hardly what none would call flaw. Sakura's positive aspects were shown in other routes too, but it was more subtle and yeah, more than just , "she is a girl that likes Shirou". Like the conversation on the way to school where she just nonchalantly got Rin to talk about what a facade she thought going to school was. Then you have parts where you can see she knows more than she lets on and looking back, that "jealousy" is seen in a different light, although some still think her apprehension about the other girls is only jealous fits, which I find a shame.

Sudou did with HF what he could to both make an exciting film while staying on theme within the time limit given I think.The most important parts are kept (Ilya's headpat, plus squeezing as much time as he could to get other scenes in even as a montage, even adding another scene that shows Ilya that she was loved since during this time of the route she still struggles between her role of being the grail or supporting Shirou).

And this might be just me, but Kirei's trolling and long, long monologues aren't all necessary. Hell, Shirou more than once has to tell the man to get to the point, that punch after Kirei admitted to duping him is still sweet, I didn't watch the camrip, so I don't know if they kept that.

That and the way Sudou has done things hasn't changed the route that much, more rearranged things a bit, Presage Flower's introduction had a lot of things that were in the game, just interspersed in interludes later on, and one from the Normal Ending, which works better with how it was done now.

JP Friend Code
    218,066,906 - Winter
    I liked what Ilya had in the movie, yeah. I wish certain scenes had still been adapted, sure, especially when it comes to the relationship between her and Shirou with Kiritsugu, but those also would've been in the first movie instead, so eh. That anime original scene was nice, and the forest scene with Archer was especially well done, possibly the best in the movie.

I definitely think Sudou is really doing the best he can to adapt mostly everything while prioritizing that the audience understands and sympathizes with Sakura. I never hated how Nasu chose to write her storyline in the VN, but it is definitely done better here. It's not that he only cares for Sakura, interviews with him show that definitely isn't the case, but Sakura was definitely the character who came away misunderstood the most. I'm glad she has this for that reason.

If anything, I think Shinji could've received a little more focus since this is the route where we're supposed to come to understand him - not forgive him mind you, but understand him. His freakout was good to show his frustration with his inferiority complex, but it was no look into his past to show why he was the way he was, especially with what Kotonoha said about Shinji seemingly having status as one of the main characters in this movie with his name in the top 3 or 4 in the credits. But considering he's dead now, I don't see them throwing us a flashback in the next movie. I don't know, maybe we could see a BD bonus thing? Another drama CD maybe? It is a shame.

To get back to Ilya and end this though, she's still getting a lot of focus outside of the movie in recent merchandise and promotional material, so it's not like she's been reduced from being a main character. Honestly though I think this 'Ilya outrage' wouldn't have been as much if she hadn't been excluded from the latest poster when it is literally showing the conflict with her servant. That was a still a really, really strange and off-putting decision.
    Last edited by Winter; February 3rd, 2019 at 11:25 AM.
    ~ I love and admire beautiful stories ~
    Unlimited Blade Works' true Good End: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av569...50898884336512
    Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Would’ve liked the Shinji flashback where young wakame accidentally walks in on Sakura being worm trained and just mindbreaks when Zouken tells him to fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Would’ve liked the Shinji flashback where young wakame accidentally walks in on Sakura being worm trained and just mindbreaks when Zouken tells him to fuck off.
    Did that ever happen?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Did that ever happen?
    "Interlude - Distortion" from Shinji POV.

JP Friend Code
    218,066,906 - Winter
    Yep, that's exactly the scene I was talking about.
    ~ I love and admire beautiful stories ~
    Unlimited Blade Works' true Good End: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av569...50898884336512
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Saber and Rin had the first two routes to just be idealistic heroines with hardly what none would call flaw.
    thats way too far to claim that because Sakura's issues, the other heroines barely have flaws or are straight "idealistic heroines". These characters are all multifaceted and have their own clearly defined senses of self.

Blog Entries
    I don't think it's too far to say that, since Rin and Saber's flaws are mostly muted to a point people just write them off imo, layered though they might be.
    Rin's tend to get relegated as just bantz when she is definitely belligerent and overcompetitve almost to a rude point for example. While pretty much everything was laid bare for Sakura, which I don't mind, but wish that was equally done.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    If anything, I think Shinji could've received a little more focus since this is the route where we're supposed to come to understand him - not forgive him mind you, but understand him. His freakout was good to show his frustration with his inferiority complex, but it was no look into his past to show why he was the way he was, especially with what Kotonoha said about Shinji seemingly having status as one of the main characters in this movie with his name in the top 3 or 4 in the credits. But considering he's dead now, I don't see them throwing us a flashback in the next movie. I don't know, maybe we could see a BD bonus thing? Another drama CD maybe? It is a shame.
    They did put his backstory in a drama CD, it comes with the special edition pamphlet in theaters.

Blog Entries
    Beserker vs Saber Alter is what dreams are made of.

Really highlights not only the strength of a topped off Arturia but also the importance of a good Master vs a bad Master.

I absolutely love the DGAF nature of Saber casually dropping nukes on the outskirts of a city. ufotable is the first studio that consistently captured the grandeur of Servants at full power and how terrible it is to put that power in the hands of people like Zouken, Kirei, etc.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I don't think it's too far to say that, since Rin and Saber's flaws are mostly muted to a point people just write them off imo, layered though they might be.
    Rin's tend to get relegated as just bantz when she is definitely belligerent and overcompetitve almost to a rude point for example. While pretty much everything was laid bare for Sakura, which I don't mind, but wish that was equally done.
    Isnt the entire point of Arturia that she is literally as broken as Shirou when it comes to following the ideal and they can only live by helping others even if its stupid and contradictory to how the world is and only hurts themselves? That's not really muted at all when it comes to the story.

Every Zero secondaries will tell you how flawed a person Arturia is cause she gets dunked on by pretty much every major character in the series at one point or the other, that's not really being subtle about a character flaw, that's driving it home cause its like the literal point
    Last edited by Inuhanyou; February 4th, 2019 at 12:13 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    One could argue that Saber's flaw of being so perfect others resented her for it isn't really a flaw.

- - - Updated - - -

I do like a relatively low-key moment where one of Rin's character flaws are displayed quite nicely: right after her date with Shirou, when he's literally thinking he doesn't deserve being happy after surviving the fire, she's very, very unsympathetic toward him. It's understandable, since she didn't have all the facts, but she knew he was used to being around death and that he had suffered some kind of trauma.