Page 455 of 568 FirstFirst ... 355405445450453454455456457460465505555 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Blog Entries
    The RN replacement for the second fate scene was heart meltingly sweet though
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

People on FB keep sharin articles about how UFO is done for, but i dont buy it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I've liked the first one too especially, even if it was awkward at first. Rin's in UBW was glorious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    People on FB keep sharin articles about how UFO is done for, but i dont buy it at all
    I believe they're still under investigation, no? Only time will tell at this rate it seems.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Nasu's sex scenes were pretty cringe though. all of them. the completely unnecessary nature of the ones regarding the threesome and Rin in UBW just stand out become of how pointless they are
    While I agree, I'm still pissed about Rin destroying her entire Crest because they couldn't just fuck. At the very least in the VN, they had that first kiss but no, ufotable couldn't even show that. They couldn't even show a fucking kiss. A kiss. Not a sex scene understandably, but a kiss.

And then they allow in an entire sex scene in HF2.
    That the one where Shirou & Saber just slip into bed together?

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    I think for the basement shut in's that's definately the case. but i think boiling down the controversial nature of HF and the Shirou Sakura relationship down to just that would be ill sighted. Goodness knows that's not one of the issues i've seen highlighted

At the same time however, it would also be naive to think Japanese culture isnt backwards in certain ways. The whole "if your above 20 years old your old and undesirable as a woman" trope is not common, and its frankly just as stupid as the "i'll never be able to get married because of such and such", that's also very common in all Japanese media.
    Eh, it's no more controversial than a lot of what is already shown in the game, which is why less and less people are put off from HF than back then, more people are looking at the work as a whole than the "well, this route is starkly different in tone than the others" starts to wane as people have seen Zero and are looking at the situation in its entirety from Zero on down.

Furthermore, the shock of Sakura being used for magical experimentation is out in the open, therefore people feel less "betrayed" on her seeming like a normal girl, since they know she isn't. Then again, the newbies were thinking back when UBW, aired, why is she so normal seeming? The movie does a good job of showing her abnormality and also why she seemed normal.

Not to mention that most see things for how they are, this ritual is a sham, the honor of magi that Rin seemed to embody shown in the other two routes is shown for all its dirt and grime, so the war itself is seen for what it really is, a couple centurie's old wish that this generation has to suffer for, and therefore she is less reviled than she would be before, the old biases notwithstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    People just like drama, it's what social media is for. I mean, there is money to be made as those movies netted Aniplex a healthy piece of pie, so I think if anything happens it'll be one person on the chopping block and they'll move on.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    While I agree, I'm still pissed about Rin destroying her entire Crest because they couldn't just fuck. At the very least in the VN, they had that first kiss but no, ufotable couldn't even show that. They couldn't even show a fucking kiss. A kiss. Not a sex scene understandably, but a kiss.
    I used to be a purist when it came to the sex scenes - "Yeah, they're badly-written and some of them are actually awful, but we should take the novel as-is". But then I actually read the Realta Nua scenes, and they were so much better that I changed my mind. Then I found out Rin didn't just sacrifice a small portion of her family crest, she sacrificed the whole thing, and it soured me again on UBW's RN scene.

In general, except for the first scene in the Fate route, I'd have preferred if the sex was kept, but not shown in explicit detail. I hear that's basically what the new HF movie does?

Blog Entries
    The main issue about UBW's scene is that Shirou was fine at the beginning, and then almost bestial at the end.
    Though I had issues with the homicidal dialogue almost akin to the flaying Kohaku's back stuff with Tsukihime he had for Sakura.
    So yeah, just have someone else write it. Or just use Hollow's Eclipse scenes, that would be better overall.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Though I had issues with the homicidal dialogue almost akin to the flaying Kohaku's back stuff with Tsukihime he had for Sakura.
    That didn't bother me because I figured that was intentional - there was something going on with Shirou other than "just" a combination of exhaustion and despair.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So yeah, just have someone else write it. Or just use Hollow's Eclipse scenes, that would be better overall.
    Isn't the point that he's using sex with Sakura to distract himself from the truth that she's the enemy who he should be killing, the atmosphere of horror is deliberate

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    That didn't bother me because I figured that was intentional - there was something going on with Shirou other than "just" a combination of exhaustion and despair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Isn't the point that he's using sex with Sakura to distract himself from the truth that she's the enemy who he should be killing, the atmosphere of horror is deliberate
    Well it was less him distracting himself and it seemed more that he got linked to her with the sex, which caused it.
    There were other parts where he tried to deny things that he didn't think of killing her, so this and that seem to be too different things.
    Ruins the cute fluff before the act though, horror or not. There was at least a couple cute scenes before the act happens, and then its straight into horror and plant metaphors.

And that is some rather selective radar there Shirou, you can sense the taint from Sakura, but you've visited Issei all the time, you've never felt the source near the mountains by Ryuudouji.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    And then they allow in an entire sex scene in HF2.
    That the one where Shirou & Saber just slip into bed together?

That’s the one. Sweet, cute, romantic, with a little melancholy. Just the way the fate route itself was at its best.
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    CGIII DRAGOOONNN
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

The main issue about UBW's scene is that Shirou was fine at the beginning, and then almost bestial at the end.
    Regarding Rin, I wonder if there is something about her that compels that more dommy, almost beastial side of him to come out. She's sort of subby right?

Because not only is she the only heroine to have just 1 sex acene, instead of 2 like both Saber & Sakura (because the Eclipse sex scene is in FHA & not FSN so I don't count it), Shirou seems to be sort of more gentle with Saber or Sakura or something. Like it took until his & Rin's 3rd try before they could get something to work.

For example in Saber's Eclipse sex scene, which appears to be from the UBW Good End, despite it being Saber's first time, Shirou is able to control himself better around her.

I'm also thinking of Rider's sex dream in HF & Shirou pounds into Rin hard there as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I used to be a purist when it came to the sex scenes - "Yeah, they're badly-written and some of them are actually awful, but we should take the novel as-is". But then I actually read the Realta Nua scenes, and they were so much better that I changed my mind. Then I found out Rin didn't just sacrifice a small portion of her family crest, she sacrificed the whole thing, and it soured me again on UBW's RN scene.

In general, except for the first scene in the Fate route, I'd have preferred if the sex was kept, but not shown in explicit detail. I hear that's basically what the new HF movie does?
    They probably could've shown the kiss and a fade to black, maybe with a bit of dialogue about him being too big or whatever, and then the next scene shows Rin doing that blushy "tears in eyes" pillow throw.

Yeah what really annoys me about UBW RN is the destruction of her Crest felt unnecessary. I originally was okay when I thought she had just broken off a small bit but nope, it was her destroying 2 centuries of work in one night.

I liked the thing about Shirou being able to see her memories but the whole "destroys her Crest" makes me unhappy.
    Last edited by warellis; April 16th, 2019 at 10:38 PM.

Blog Entries
    I mean, they have that weird bit that Rin kinda liked the Jackhammer, but that is the whole angle with tsundere characters to "break" that dominant part to "conquer" them. So it's more pandering to stereotypes than anything.

As for being gentler with Saber and Sakura....ehhhh, at the very least he apologizes when he is rough with Sakura, and Saber is Saber. The poor Tohsaka sisters get the short end for decent, just loving scenes until Hollow. Heck I was surprised with how they went in Hollow. Though Rin's was made more jokey and they kinda made light of the jackhammering as they just went with it until Shirou suddenly became Mr. "Breakfast in Bed" Casanova. Just weird, can't say I entirely like it but its miles better than UBW's..
    Sakura's was casual shag over tea, with a promise of dessert after dinner, so that seems about right. So less comedy oriented than Rin was. I dunno, you gotta just mitigate the stereotypes. Since I read that interview where Takeuchi asked Nasu to dispel the memes about worms with Sakura and
    Nasu is like, "aw, why" , it's tough to gauge sometimes where the memes end.

As for Rin's Crest being destroyed, it should be a big deal, but I think its implying she is great enough without it she can make light of losing it. So if anything, maybe you can interpret that as Rinwank, since she did neurosurgery on Shinji with just her skills, in the span of a few moments.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; April 17th, 2019 at 02:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Didn't Tohsaka also use parts of her crest to stabilize/protect Shirou's body from invasion of Archer's Hand in HF?

Blog Entries
    Alt you may be thinking of shirou only using 30% of his circuits in fate or something. Rin used her entire crest in UBW

Blog Entries
    Alt you may be thinking of shirou only using 30% of his circuits in fate or something. Rin used her entire crest in UBW
    I was saying it ultimately doesn't seem to handicap her, since she does crazy things even without it, as those scenes happen after she does the deed.
    It's not like she is going, "welp, I am pretty much worthless as a magus now". I don't know how you got me thinking I was talking about Fate route.

For that matter, she seems like she uses parts of it in the original when she tries to give Shirou some magic resistance to the Shadow and stabilize his body as Day said. Sakura drearily tells him that the protection wouldn't last because he isn't somebody from the Tohsaka family, so she used some parts of it there. One piece for his navel, throat, and back iirc.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; April 17th, 2019 at 08:23 AM.

Yeah but presumably that didn't involve pretty much ruining the entire Crest.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    How can modern magus great without their family's heritage?

- - - Updated - - -

Is that mean Rin just throw her whole family's result on Shirou?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    I was saying it ultimately doesn't seem to handicap her, since she does crazy things even without it, as those scenes happen after she does the deed.
    It's not like she is going, "welp, I am pretty much worthless as a magus now". I don't know how you got me thinking I was talking about Fate route.

For that matter, she seems like she uses parts of it in the original when she tries to give Shirou some magic resistance to the Shadow and stabilize his body as Day said. Sakura drearily tells him that the protection wouldn't last because he isn't somebody from the Tohsaka family, so she used some parts of it there. One piece for his navel, throat, and back iirc.
    Mostly because you were saying it seemed like she still had some of it so I wondered if you hadn’t mixed up the case with shirou, who after the replacement scene still had some of what was used. At any rate the crest is gone but that doesn’t sop her from being the genius who will eventually master the sword which pushed back the moon.