Page 554 of 568 FirstFirst ... 54454504544549552553554555556559564 ... LastLast
Results 11,061 to 11,080 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Thats exactly what was shown wasnt it? Or are you complaining about the 3 frames of hit stun NLBW inflicted on Herk?
    He was still gonna win and only stopped cuz a random loli appeared. Its just all vague show instead of direct tell.
    I'm saying it kind of doesn't convey well that Herk could've beaten him had it not been for a random loli appearing, because there's nothing about Shirou potentially freaking out about how Herc grazing his head could still kill him and how it has Shirou doing an unnecessary swinging around in a circle before stabbing him through the heart.

Well i could argue that Herk being capable of grazing Shirous head is pointless powerlevel fluff cuz it doesnt happen.
    And admittedly ive rewatched the segment so much that the 2.5 spins for momentum stopped looking dumb to me.

I understand sudo was going for some simbolism with sakuras oufit in the epilogue , but i like more the whie shirt look in the VN

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    True, but I'll take it because its cute. He gave me the blue eyes, so not seeing the long dress and shirt is okay.

And how long did it take some of your to get your copy if you bought with cdjapan? I just bought it a couple days ago.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well i could argue that Herk being capable of grazing Shirous head is pointless powerlevel fluff cuz it doesnt happen.
    And admittedly ive rewatched the segment so much that the 2.5 spins for momentum stopped looking dumb to me.
    It's a beautiful hammer throw technique, but kinda impractical in melee.
    don't quote me on this

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Asunder's Avatar
    JP Friend Code

If you slow that scene down, Shirou gets overlapped with Herc when doing spin to win. So all complaints about unnecessary extraness can be directed to the invincible demigod who can afford to burn a few lives to look cool.

Not EXCALIBUR MORGAN. I'm utterly dissapointed.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Lol thank god they didn't have her say that.

As for the spin, it was there to look cool. It ain't that deep bro.
    burn your dread you coward

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It failed at looking good, though.

It would've been forgivable if it were a single spin, but it was a triple spin, and thus must be executed in front of its peers to establish precedent, and ensure none of them ever repeat its mistake.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    It failed at looking good, though.

It would've been forgivable if it were a single spin, but it was a triple spin, and thus must be executed in front of its peers to establish precedent, and ensure none of them ever repeat its mistake.
    The only possible reason I can think of anyone using such a spin in real life in an actual melee combat situation involving swords, is because they blade they're wielding is so heavh and unwieldy they need to use the momentum of a spin to swing it okay.

And HF Shirou with Herk's Strength there, and technique, doesn't have need of it.

I guess he realized he was in an Ufotable production and needed that flourish or whatever for the audience.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Even the heaviest of swords don't weigh more than a few kilograms. Yeah, there's no reason whatsoever for somebody to actually DO A BARREL ROLL, let alone three of them.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

You know another thing that made me laugh? The bits where the cavern starts splitting apart and you see lava underneath. Like wow, I didn't know Mt. Enzou was a dormant volcano.
    Last edited by warellis; April 11th, 2021 at 06:30 PM.

Yeah, the Q&A said that even with a destroyed Greater Grail post HF route you still need to clean up, but the grail seems to be self cleaning as it disolved itself in the magma pit/molten evil

Yeah, the Q&A said that even with a destroyed Greater Grail post HF route you still need to clean up, but the grail seems to be self cleaning as it disolved itself in the magma pit/molten evil
    Yeah. I pity whatever poor assistants are tasked with dredging what remains from out of the magma there.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Honestly kind of miffed about Rider vs. Saber, it basically changes the entire premise of the fight. Saber can't use Excalibur for fear of collapsing the cave, which forces Rider into melee, which she is worse at. She wins with a witty trick with the chain (which is not present in the movie at all), and then we deebeezee.

In the movie Rider has much more space to work with, and thus is allowed to play to her strengths from the start, while Saber lasers the stalagmites like no tomorrow, and then they both get a full NP gauge at once for no reason. Much less interesting.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Did you miss the part where Rider used her chains to trap Saber Alter long enough to make an opening to NP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    It's not there at all. Rider swings the chains around, but they are empty, she only attacks with the spikes. It never gets coiled around saber's leg or sword or anything, the chains are completely useless in the fight. At some point she like seems to shoot fireballs from the chains? It doesn't really make sense, why fix what isn't broken?

- - - Updated - - -

Spoiler:

This could POSSIBLY be it, but no shot after shows the chains at all, and they certainly aren't around Saber, who knows where they went?
    Last edited by Ratman; April 11th, 2021 at 07:24 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Yeah, theres even some frames of Rider jumping around the rubble right before the final meele to show thats shes prepping her boulder.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, yeah they resort to the invisible chain trick from Rider vs Shirou in UBW when shes clashing with Seiba but the setup for the boulders is there.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hm. Nine Lives Blade Works was very unsatisfying.