Page 565 of 568 FirstFirst ... 65465515555560563564565566567 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,300 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    She was bizzarely well-received back when she was wearing her original suit too, so no. Some people just have a thing for well-endowed purpleheads.
    Her outfit still accentuated her chest, legs(with the "teehee, I'm showing you my panties, but wait its really a leotard" skit) with the overcoat bit to appear more boss-like as she would say.
    So essentially like Sakura hopped up on smug like she was at the poolside in Hollow, all the time. Complete with the embarrassment of being hoisted by her own petard, and shame at being too tryhard(she spills spaghetti privately after every BB Channel iirc).

Sakura didn't have her assets accentuated unless she was dark and even then, originally it looked like a sweater made of magical energy, then slowly became more provocative later with things like Unlimited Codes. Though she and Rider were often shown lacking in the ass department despite supposedly being very curvy hotties by Nasu's admission. Then later on for the HF manga she was shown more busty and curvy with a more updated version by Takeuchi
    Maybe because by that point Seiba has several bombshell variants, he didn't have to hold back Sakura as much, haha. Sudou has the body type right, so any new Sakura (as in the actual Sakura) variants, let him do them TM. Though I think he should do better than what was in the movie, the small jacket over the white dress is a nice start, but take that que from imaginary around and give her more vibrant colors in her outfit. And don't tell Koto, but I am warming up to short haired Sakuras.

...although I like all Sakuras, so I would say that.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Well, yes, I didn't mean to imply that BB's original outfit was in any way prudish (it's Wadarco in her CCC glory days after all), just that it wasn't the swimsuit that made her popular.

- - - Updated - - -

The "bizzarely" part goes to her terrible super-S personality, but as I said, some people are just into that.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Not entirely bizarre because people liked the femme fatale aspect of heroines. That's always been the case.
    BB had her own thing primarily because she was upfrontly more trollish, more sadistic, devilish kouhai(although much of it is kind of an act which was the other part of it). Sakura is the progenitor(in more than one sense), way back when CCC was first being made, Nasu said that he made her in terms of a different take on Dark Sakura.
    His words concerning CCC more recently said in an interview echo similiar things. The funny thing being is that he kinda admitted that proper exposure and marketing helped more for "saving" Sakura than just trying a different take. Kinda like how his decisions to not really delve much into Luvia because she's used in other media is an unwise decision.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Not entirely bizarre because people liked the femme fatale aspect of heroines. That's always been the case.
    BB had her own thing primarily because she was upfrontly more trollish, more sadistic, devilish kouhai(although much of it is kind of an act which was the other part of it). Sakura is the progenitor(in more than one sense), way back when CCC was first being made, Nasu said that he made her in terms of a different take on Dark Sakura.
    His words concerning CCC more recently said in an interview echo similiar things. The funny thing being is that he kinda admitted that proper exposure and marketing helped more for "saving" Sakura than just trying a different take. Kinda like how his decisions to not really delve much into Luvia because she's used in other media is an unwise decision.
    Oh yeah. Wasn't Nasu kind of surprised Luvia became thought of as a bit of a laughingstock, due to most people really only seeing her comedic side in Hollow Ataraxia & Prisma Illya?

Sometimes I think in retrospect, the only Fate characters, pre-FGO, Nasu treated sort of well were Rin, Archer, and Gilgamesh.

Those three were not really overshadowed by some sort of expy character Nasu popped out later I notice.

For example, if you didn't know Extra Rin was actually a blonde, and her backstory, I suspect you wouldn't be able to really tell any differences between her & FSN Rin.

On the other hand, compare BB to Sakura and you can instantly tell differences.

Even Saber was barely sort of used except as like cameos in stuff after FSN. Mostly she was treated sort of as a joke.
    Last edited by warellis; June 29th, 2021 at 07:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Its not like Gil wasn't used for jokes at some points. Its just that his serious parts eclipse those bits.
    The same can be said for Rin and Archer. Saber is the cash cow, so her situation is such where it didn't really matter if they poked a bit of fun at her because they do it in cute ways.
    BB was literally made as another take on Sakura, and frankly, it was Nasu just turning the ham up to 1000 with some of Sakura's traits. It would be like if HA Sakura got coked up one day, went on a bender and never stopped, but sometimes got embarrassed when by herself.
    Like Kohaku/Magical Amber, but if BB was Sakura's alter ego she put on a cape and dawned. Which honestly if you look at those Teach Me Blossom-sensei joke videos, the separation is almost as superficial as Kohaku/Magical Amber.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Saber is the cash cow, so her situation is such where it didn't really matter if they poked a bit of fun at her because they do it in cute ways.
    About the only joke they do with Saber is she is a big eater. And to be kind of honest, the joke was run into fhe ground. You don't really see much about say her super competetiveness.

And frankly, she is definitely overshadowed (being the "cash cow" didn't really save her from Nero probably starring in more mainline games than her).

FGO made it massively worse there.

Hell Rider, now that I think on it, really got kind of screwed hard. Outside of Extella where she got to try to NTR Tamamo or something, what sort of mainline Fate product did she appear in outside of FGO & the FSN spin-offs & adaptations (Ataraxia & the FSN anime adaptations)?

As for Illya, in retrospect they really replaced her with that boring version from Fate/Kaldeid.
    Last edited by warellis; July 7th, 2021 at 07:29 PM.

Blog Entries
    The problem is that people kind of get insulated in some fandom sites. Who cares if the big eater joke is run i to the ground? People still think her getting fed by Shirou or liking a particular food and is cute, even if its overused, if its still effective it doesn't matter.
    And now currently Castoria is getting the Lily cuteness, with Seiba bonus. Nero is shilled hard, but Artoria just has that staying power because she regardless on how Extra is shilled, she gets more stuff anyway. Like its an inevitability. Further, I am just waiting for Galactica Saber, as we get more Servantverse its coming.

Medusa I would agree on, that girl needs her damn swimsuit already. Poor girl ends up as the punching bag most of the time.
    I feel bad for ol Tammy too, because even with Vitchi, she gets a role of tenuous bad girl/ally who gets mentions in narratives, but doesn't have the follow through to really support the character.

Sitonai just kinda buried Ilya in kinda the same way Parvati seems to have buried the real Sakura, you get all this implications for more things, but Nasu does that all the time and doesn't deliver, so who knows.

Wings of the Sunlit Sky Hermitfold's Avatar
    Sitonai just kinda buried Ilya in kinda the same way Parvati seems to have buried the real Sakura, you get all this implications for more things, but Nasu does that all the time and doesn't deliver, so who knows.
    To be fair, there's not really much scope for normal Illya and Sakura to show up in FGO. I think Sitonai is a lot closer to regular Illya in characterization than Kaleid Illya and she does get more serious content than the latter.

As much as I complain on the execution I also don't think arturia is neglected all that much. When you think about it there are two entire fgo arcs dedicated to her technically and one of those is being animated into two movies.

Yeah her original story is stuck in legacy hell, but besides that big asterisk she gets way more spotlight than the other fsn cast atleast recently.

In general over the years the spinoffs haven't really featured her like rin but I think it is coming back around full circle these days

Sakura having all those versions of her in extraverse surely felt necessary at the time

I started watching the third movie, don't know if I'll actually finish it today. I can't believe it starts with Shirou just finding Shinji's dead body and he's not even shocked by it. And then Zouken pops in and he's says, "You know who's responsible for this. You can't deny it anymore.", no kidding. And then he's talking about "it breaking down" or whatever retaining it's form. Why start the movie like that? At least have him go see that's she's gone and start going to her house.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    At least have him go see that's she's gone and start going to her house.
    Dude, that was at the end of Lost Butterfly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

"Am I a bad person"

In one night, you made Cell look like a humanitarian.

I like that Rin tried to do something, but god. And Sakura won't even listen Shirou or Rider at this point, she's insane.

And I didn't think the attack dog would show up then either.

Shirou couldn't even move his legs at the end.

Haha, I'm not good with this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Laserman; July 11th, 2021 at 03:06 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Dude, that was at the end of Lost Butterfly.
    Sadly, this is why they often have recap sessions at the beginning of split parts. But yep, he was running back to the Matous from the church at the end of LB.
    Though to be fair, they did cut the part about him running (and that boy did run, all the way to from his house to the church across town and then back to the Matou household from there, goddamn that is a sprint if you see a Fuyuki map) to Kirei and getting the low down on Angra Mainyu before running back to the Matou estate.
    Ironically, people criticize Shirou, but Rin was the only one that didn't grill the very suspicious priest acting suspiciously, while Shirou did the right thing and tried to grill Kotomine for questions, which if done just a little earlier, might have had a different outcome.

And hyperbole on biological androids aside, its pretty obvious that Sakura ain't in her right mind right then.

Zouken really is just Orochimaru. At least they have a plan now, get Ilya away from them. If only it were that easy. Like even if they manage to get her away from them, with what they know now, they have enough against them.

I never thought of Kotomine having a car or a motorcycle lol. His goal hasn't really changed in the end either, is he just taunting Shirou at this point?

I wish the fight between True Assassin and Kotomine kept going in the woods with them moving, but it was pretty cool. So was the exorcism.

The man was born evil, he tried to change himself of course, but he just couldn't.

What wasn't as cool, was Nine Lives Blade Works. Like this is so much better than what happened in the movie:

I also didn't like the CG Berseker either.
    Last edited by Laserman; July 12th, 2021 at 06:40 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Tha scene with Sakura and Kotomine at the Church, how did she know what happened in the 4th war, she wasn't there? His words about her though, claiming to be some sort of split personality and him calling it a lie. As the saying goes, game recognizes game, I guess? I suppose she could be influenced by Avenger to be acting this way though.

Sakura didn't use a catalyst to summon Rider? It was a compatibility summoning? Why go take that sort of risk to summon any random Servant that had no guarantee of being strong? Could they just not get one?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

@Laserman: I actually recently got to that explanation in the VN. Basically Grandpa Zouken was gonna call this Grail War a throwaway and barely cared about what they were even going to summon. It was pure happenstance (that I still don't fully get) that let all the pieces come into place for an actual plan of action.

Sakura sending a shadow out to talk to Rin and not even having her story straight was just weird.

They went through the trouble of making a illusion because they knew Rin, Shirou, and Rider were coming? Unless it wasn't just for them.

Saber Alter is Sakura's doorman here, Sakura just wants a face to face with Rin no one else.

This is it, the final battle.

Sakura wants to lash out at the whole world for not doing anything for her? I just can't.

She finally killed Zouken and even mentions that since him and Shinji are dead, "what do I do now?", before this. Those were the people who hurt her in the first place, and if it were just them, if the circumstances were different... But that?

After this, I'm bring back up the questions I had about the second movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tony246 View Post
    @Laserman: I actually recently got to that explanation in the VN. Basically Grandpa Zouken was gonna call this Grail War a throwaway and barely cared about what they were even going to summon. It was pure happenstance (that I still don't fully get) that let all the pieces come into place for an actual plan of action.
    He really didn't care first? Because he looked so pleased when things actually happened.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Tha scene with Sakura and Kotomine at the Church, how did she know what happened in the 4th war, she wasn't there? His words about her though, claiming to be some sort of split personality and him calling it a lie. As the saying goes, game recognizes game, I guess? I suppose she could be influenced by Avenger to be acting this way though.

Sakura didn't use a catalyst to summon Rider? It was a compatibility summoning? Why go take that sort of risk to summon any random Servant that had no guarantee of being strong? Could they just not get one?

Zouken palnned to skip this war, so he didnt cared so much about the summon of even if shinji was the one fighting, who he considers useless crap, you can see in the first two rutes , shinji is stomped and zouken dont care. He just took the chance here because soe things pieced together . Thats why i find the headcacnon "sakura will be fine after fate and UBW , zouken dont have much time" quite naive . If he is was just skipping it and lettin shnji do the work with a fake book, he was not that desperate. Said that, you can see in this rute how medua is not a weak servant by any means under an actual master

PD : i also consider the "gil and shinji killed zouken in the basement in UBW" headcanon without much base
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; July 15th, 2021 at 11:03 AM.

He really didn't care first? Because he looked so pleased when things actually happened.
    He didn't PLANNED for this, but he surely starts to care when things go in the right way for him.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

The fact he didnt planned it does not mean he would not gladly take the chance