Page 566 of 568 FirstFirst ... 66466516556561564565566567568 LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,320 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Sakura sending a shadow out to talk to Rin and not even having her story straight was just weird.
    She's uh, kind of unstable.

They went through the trouble of making a illusion because they knew Rin, Shirou, and Rider were coming? Unless it wasn't just for them.
    That illusion is for normies to keep them away from the Grail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

So the fight between Saber Alter and Rider was so amazing. If Rider could have fought like that before against Saber, like on the way to the top of the huge building, man...

The fight between Rin and Sakura was cool too, but not like that.

Sakura talks about everything that happened to her, and Rin's response is just, "That's a terribly sad story, so what?"

But in the end, she couldn't kill her.

So all of that time, Kotomine was just sitting in front of the thing, just waiting? Like I know he's supposed to come out of nowhere, but come on.

I finished the movie, it was the better out of all three of them.

I just didn't like it as much as I wanted to. And that's fine, I pretty much knew from the beginning that this would be not be my sort of thing, despite me liking the other versions of this story.

But this was the big movie trilogy for Heaven's Feel, and people hyped it up. So..., there's that too.

Someone else could do a better, "I recommend this for...", than me.

Spoiler:

The battle between Saber Alter and Berserker was the best part of the movie. But just like Lancer and True Assassin, it was so much shorter than I expected it be. And with hindsight, it really makes me wonder how on Earth,Shirou and Rider beat them. Not only are they physically stronger, (like did you see part where they punched Berseker and blocked a punch from them at the end), they have that stupid Shadow backing them up. Like speed didn’t save Lancer, why wasn’t Rider or Shirou caught by it? Heck, I’m amazed Berseker even survived long enough for Shirou to kill him after that fight. He took Excalibur at point blank range, I think.

I like how Ilya just shows up and starts being nice to Shirou after her Servant literally spills his guts out and before she loses him. Why bother doing that now?
    I wonder about that dream he had where she showed up all of a sudden, was that some premonition or some sort of magecraft?

That scene in the rain that everyone talked about was so bad. Like the random close-ups and the slow down effects were horrible. And it’s so freaking long too. There’s a line in there that makes me question what the translators were thinking. Take a guess which one it is. Rin and Archer could have easily have stopped them if they wanted to, but they just let them walk away. And I have no idea what Archer was talking about either.

Archer was so cool, he could have killed True Assassin if he didn’t have to worry about Rin. He had such a good showing. The scene after he blocked that explosion was pretty sad. Like the moment when his hair was done and he called Rin by her last name like Shirou does… He came there to kill himself, but he ended up saving himself. And just like that, my favorite character was gone from the movie, another victim of that stupid thing. Knowing that it’s going to happen doesn’t make it any better.

I like how after promising to protect Sakura, Shirou still thinks about stabbing her with a knife. Not that it would have done anything. I wonder why Rin even bothered with bringing one to the cave. Like she survived getting attacked by Gate of Babylon and somehow reformed herself. What happened back then, I don’t know what to call it.I don’t think it was instant regeneration, but it was insane.

I did not expect that F-bomb at the end. I can’t believe they got away with that.

I keep thinking that I got the message or the moral of the story that the movie/movies are trying to convey sometimes, without just looking online to refresh my memory, but then I begin to doubt myself about it.
    Last edited by Laserman; July 15th, 2021 at 03:43 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    I finished the movie, it was the better out of all three of them.

I just didn't like it as much as I wanted to. And that's fine, I pretty much knew from the beginning that this would be not be my sort of thing, despite me liking the other versions of this story.

But this was the big movie trilogy for Heaven's Feel, and people hyped it up. So..., there's that too.
    By "this story", do you mean Fate/stay night as a whole or just Heaven's Feel?
    burn your dread you coward

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    He didn't PLANNED for this, but he surely starts to care when things go in the right way for him.
    He does go into much more detail about how Sakura normally just wouldn't be trying to fight. He couldn't motivate her or force her to want to fight. And iirc, it would be more advantageous to use the "mark 2" of his experiments by using her children down the road.
    The reason Shinji even gets a chance with Rider is because Zouken tries to bribe Sakura that she has an incentive to fight("you can take whatever masters you want as slaves" that sort of stuff), she refuses, and Zouken mentions Rin and Sakura's frustration causes a link with Avenger she doesn't know about in this route.
    Zouken sees the link happen and just lets things fester, because once the link is secured, he was assured that eventually it would get to the point where he would get the grail. This was basically part 2 of the fact that unlike the Tohsaka and Einzbern, he was the only one who kept tabs on the fact that the Heaven's Feel ritual had been tainted(besides Kirei and Gil of course). He's nuts, so he assumes he would just troll Sakura, let her mind die, take over her body after eating her brain and get what he wanted.
    Even his talk later about telling Shirou he had no control over Sakura and that he should kill her for his ideal's sake was just him bluffing. Because his ultimate goal is to break Sakura one way or another which is why he allowed Shinji to be as stupid as he was. He figured sooner or later he would do something that caused the lioness to strike back at him, and that would be catalyst enough to make her say 'fuck it' and believe there was no place for her. He even says it upfront when Shirou finds Shinji's body that he just wanted Shirou to make Sakura lose all hope and for the taint to fully envelope her. Shinji only made it halfway.
    Which makes it funny how people back in the day agreed with the old mummy, they fell for the plan. Though Rin supposedly felt that there was a problem going on with the grail system early on, and has a map to the cavern. Meaning things progressed as they did because Zouken and Kotomine successfully trolled the protagonists to follow their worst instincts. Thay is basically the story. Ilya following her main directive and kinda just letting things happen, Shirou's hangups about his ideals, Rin being overly heavy handed because she thought it was best and missing important points, Sakura turning further and further into bitterness and fatalistic mindset. Along with some informational warfare.

Around the circular corner of the 5th dimension of that area below the reflection of the moon.
    US Friend Code
    So between the old worm who is a caricature of his former self because of dreaming of world peace and living too long with budget immortality, the girl adopted by said old worm because her father cared more about being a good mage than a dad by normie standarts, got worm-magicked to the point of becoming hollow for a while and the wakame boy who became a shitty person because he sure as hell didn't have any good influence in his life until his teens because being in the same house with a alcoholic father, sadistic crazy old worm and girl too busy existing with extreme trauma to properly interact...for fucks sake, being a Matou (or Makiri) is a fucking bullshit of a shitty life.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    By "this story", do you mean Fate/stay night as a whole or just Heaven's Feel?
    Fate/Stay Night as a whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    She's uh, kind of unstable.

That illusion is for normies to keep them away from the Grail.
    Yeah, I noticed that.

I figured that was the illusion was for too.

Dude, that was at the end of Lost Butterfly.
    I could have sworn he was off doing something else and that just makes what happened worse. Maybe, if he got there sooner...

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    He didn't PLANNED for this, but he surely starts to care when things go in the right way for him.
    He really didn't know that any of this would happen?
    Last edited by Laserman; August 12th, 2021 at 01:10 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I know people aren't a fan they didn't include the l actually like kotomine kirei line. I think its portrayed more through the animation and face expressions which is better for a animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    He does go into much more detail about how Sakura normally just wouldn't be trying to fight. He couldn't motivate her or force her to want to fight. And iirc, it would be more advantageous to use the "mark 2" of his experiments by using her children down the road.
    He couldn't, why not??
    The reason Shinji even gets a chance with Rider is because Zouken tries to bribe Sakura that she has an incentive to fight("you can take whatever masters you want as slaves" that sort of stuff), she refuses, and Zouken mentions Rin and Sakura's frustration causes a link with Avenger she doesn't know about in this route.
    So since she refuses, he takes the command seals and becomes her master instead?

Zouken sees the link happen and just lets things fester, because once the link is secured, he was assured that eventually it would get to the point where he would get the grail. This was basically part 2 of the fact that unlike the Tohsaka and Einzbern, he was the only one who kept tabs on the fact that the Heaven's Feel ritual had been tainted(besides Kirei and Gil of course). He's nuts, so he assumes he would just troll Sakura, let her mind die, take over her body after eating her brain and get what he wanted.
    And anyone who could have known is gone besides them.

Even his talk later about telling Shirou he had no control over Sakura and that he should kill her for his ideal's sake was just him bluffing.
    That was a lie, he definitely did until the very end.

Because his ultimate goal is to break Sakura one way or another which is why he allowed Shinji to be as stupid as he was. He figured sooner or later he would do something that caused the lioness to strike back at him, and that would be catalyst enough to make her say 'fuck it' and believe there was no place for her. He even says it upfront when Shirou finds Shinji's body that he just wanted Shirou to make Sakura lose all hope and for the taint to fully envelope her. Shinji only made it halfway.

Which makes it funny how people back in the day agreed with the old mummy, they fell for the plan. Though Rin supposedly felt that there was a problem going on with the grail system early on, and has a map to the cavern. Meaning things progressed as they did because Zouken and Kotomine successfully trolled the protagonists to follow their worst instincts. Thay is basically the story. Ilya following her main directive and kinda just letting things happen, Shirou's hangups about his ideals, Rin being overly heavy handed because she thought it was best and missing important points, Sakura turning further and further into bitterness and fatalistic mindset. Along with some informational warfare.
    So them not having enough information was one of the problems, I can see that.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    He couldn't, why not??
    Because Sakura's mentally buff.

So since she refuses, he takes the command seals and becomes her master instead?
    Yeah.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Did someone already post the translated version of the staff interviews booklet that's included in the English Spring Song BD release?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Not to my knowledge, I might do it later.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Sakura wants to lash out at the whole world for not doing anything for her? I just can't.

She finally killed Zouken and even mentions that since him and Shinji are dead, "what do I do now?", before this. Those were the people who hurt her in the first place, and if it were just them, if the circumstances were different... But that?
    When you watching the movie, you actually are reading the novel follow another guy's explanation ( director).

That is why it always better if you read the novel instead. Only the scene where Sakura laughes ( and cries) after killed Shinji, but me, Altima and director Sudou understand it follow three other ways already.

The scene where she treats to genocide humanity actually happening when she is talking with Kirei in the forest, not the cave. She is trying to flee from the reality, and act as she is another Devil character.

It as same the the car scene in the movie. Shirou heards the report about these people is murdered by Shadow. But actually, it is the report of two days ago. Sakura actually controlled Shadow and stopped its massacre from day 13 already ( the day when Shirou tries to stab her).

Sakura actually is the most sense character among these tragic villain characters as Asagami, Kohaku, or Artemisia ( 300:RoE). Different from these characters, she always tries to keep her good faith and prevent the massacre against humanity ( although she isn't always success). I think Sudou failed when describe that point. He should explain more clearly how she tried to protect Shirou and Rin and everyone - while they keep threat to kill her. That will make her final sentence "why this world hates me so much" more easy to understand.

With me, although I support Sudou, but the adaption isn't good ( follow me). Sudou usually let these characters talking follow very confuse way ( while he actually should let them to talk/explain directly about their topic.). This isn't VN, and he doesn't have enough time. He shouldn't just re-use these sentence from the VN and hope the viewers will understand.
    Last edited by kohaku; September 2nd, 2021 at 08:54 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    canon finish apo vol 3

thank you.
    I always wonder why the book so small. I almost can't read the text.
    by the way, my country is infecting by Covid. I have to wait for several more months until purchase movie 3.

Blog Entries
    I got it early on, since there was no way anytime soon I was hitting the limited theatre goings.

Also, the small bits in those interviews with Sudo's thoughts were interesting. His bit that Sakura was imitating her view on Rin when trying to magibabble him as she crushed his heart in the forest is precious in one way, but I am torn in other ways.
    I know they emphasize Sakura's awkwardness, but I do wish they'd also give us some of the cooler aspects of her as well. Like the bit where she amd Shirou talked about his ideal and she said she'd like to be his partner, or the scene in Distant Twilight, where she had a somber but resolute viewpoint on magic, herself, and her relationship with Rin.

Even moreso when they had Sudo and Nasu give their interpretations of the scene where she and Rin played cards as kids. I can appreciate that it gave you Rin's perspective of magnanimity towards Sakura, but again I get conflicted. Its distorts the fact that both of them are talented, and one had that talent purposefully hampered to an extreme degree, wasn't trained, and was mentally beaten down. While the other has had every advantage under the sun, to the point even her parent's killer and the one who wanted to kill her and humiliate her, bolstered her into a effective fighter with medical techniques and the like. That's luck EX, while Sakura's is below E-, effectively used as a meter stick to emphasize the older sister's talent.
    So even if the scene is sweet, I can't help but feel conflicted, even moreso when I hear the creator and director's commentary. And then I think of Hollow's fight scene and I just get a part of me howling, "yeah, Sakura's a cute dork, but let's not let that desire to see cute dorkness mean you hamper her having cool scenes goddammit".

I got it early on, since there was no way anytime soon I was hitting the limited theatre goings.

Also, the small bits in those interviews with Sudo's thoughts were interesting. His bit that Sakura was imitating her view on Rin when trying to magibabble him as she crushed his heart in the forest is precious in one way, but I am torn in other ways.
    I know they emphasize Sakura's awkwardness, but I do wish they'd also give us some of the cooler aspects of her as well. Like the bit where she amd Shirou talked about his ideal and she said she'd like to be his partner, or the scene in Distant Twilight, where she had a somber but resolute viewpoint on magic, herself, and her relationship with Rin.

Even moreso when they had Sudo and Nasu give their interpretations of the scene where she and Rin played cards as kids. I can appreciate that it gave you Rin's perspective of magnanimity towards Sakura, but again I get conflicted. Its distorts the fact that both of them are talented, and one had that talent purposefully hampered to an extreme degree, wasn't trained, and was mentally beaten down. While the other has had every advantage under the sun, to the point even her parent's killer and the one who wanted to kill her and humiliate her, bolstered her into a effective fighter with medical techniques and the like. That's luck EX, while Sakura's is below E-, effectively used as a meter stick to emphasize the older sister's talent.
    So even if the scene is sweet, I can't help but feel conflicted, even moreso when I hear the creator and director's commentary. And then I think of Hollow's fight scene and I just get a part of me howling, "yeah, Sakura's a cute dork, but let's not let that desire to see cute dorkness mean you hamper her having cool scenes goddammit".
    Everytime I think about Rin's " I never think I am blessed", I remember how many plot armors both Nasu and Gen used to keep her from every dangerous ( from FZ to Fate and UBW route).

And I think about these " plot armor" that Nasu used to keep Sakura alive for 11 years.
    It is the joke, very bad joke.

I read the Jack the Ripper VS Hercules in Record of Ragnarok. It exactly what I want about the battle between Sakura VS Rin. Both side should win the battle follow their own way. Nasu just describes the final battle follow the tradition view, the bad guy has to defeated, the good guy should to win. However, the "bad guy" tried very hard to reach to their position,too. How can they are defeated easily just because they are " bad guy"? Why not anyone there to talk to Sakura that, she should throws away every shaming which concerning her, to focus on the battle, and shows her sister everything she has?

By the way, I think Sudou should focus more about the fact that Sakura always trying to resist the AM to prevent it from genocide humanity. Instead, he added the report of massacre. However, that is the report of the day 12 ( when Sakura/Shadow killed Gil), two days before the car scene. That scene just causes more misunderstanding to the viewers.

--------------
    Nasu confirmed that he is Silent Hill's fan.
    It is more evidence to my theory that Sakura-Rin actually follow the idea of Alessa-Claudia in SH3.

If Nasu is Silent Hill's fan, now I know where the ribbon and the card game's scene from.
    Last edited by kohaku; September 5th, 2021 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kohaku View Post
    When you watching the movie, you actually are reading the novel follow another guy's explanation ( director).

That is why it always better if you read the novel instead. Only the scene where Sakura laughes ( and cries) after killed Shinji, but me, Altima and director Sudou understand it follow three other ways already.

The scene where she treats to genocide humanity actually happening when she is talking with Kirei in the forest, not the cave. She is trying to flee from the reality, and act as she is another Devil character.

It as same the the car scene in the movie. Shirou heards the report about these people is murdered by Shadow. But actually, it is the report of two days ago. Sakura actually controlled Shadow and stopped its massacre from day 13 already ( the day when Shirou tries to stab her).

Sakura actually is the most sense character among these tragic villain characters as Asagami, Kohaku, or Artemisia ( 300:RoE). Different from these characters, she always tries to keep her good faith and prevent the massacre against humanity ( although she isn't always success). I think Sudou failed when describe that point. He should explain more clearly how she tried to protect Shirou and Rin and everyone - while they keep threat to kill her. That will make her final sentence "why this world hates me so much" more easy to understand.

With me, although I support Sudou, but the adaption isn't good ( follow me). Sudou usually let these characters talking follow very confuse way ( while he actually should let them to talk/explain directly about their topic.). This isn't VN, and he doesn't have enough time. He shouldn't just re-use these sentence from the VN and hope the viewers will understand.
    What are you trying to say, now I'm just confused.

- - - Updated - - -

Sadly, this is why they often have recap sessions at the beginning of split parts. But yep, he was running back to the Matous from the church at the end of LB.
    Though to be fair, they did cut the part about him running (and that boy did run, all the way to from his house to the church across town and then back to the Matou household from there, goddamn that is a sprint if you see a Fuyuki map) to Kirei and getting the low down on Angra Mainyu before running back to the Matou estate.
    Ironically, people criticize Shirou, but Rin was the only one that didn't grill the very suspicious priest acting suspiciously, while Shirou did the right thing and tried to grill Kotomine for questions, which if done just a little earlier, might have had a different outcome.

And hyperbole on biological androids aside, its pretty obvious that Sakura ain't in her right mind right then.
    Fine, I exaggerated, but that one scene was really freaking bad. Like, it made me wonder what I was watching. I can say that right? I that's pretty fair. And I did just look at the map, jeez, he really went that far on foot? He needed to get a bicycle.
    Last edited by Laserman; September 12th, 2021 at 12:52 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ironically, people criticize Shirou, but Rin was the only one that didn't grill the very suspicious priest acting suspiciously, while Shirou did the right thing and tried to grill Kotomine for questions, which if done just a little earlier, might have had a different outcome.
    I mean, to Rin, Kirei was acting his normal self.
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Fate/Stay Night as a whole.
    If I get this correctly you're saying you liked Fate and UBW, but not HF... and you consider them "versions" of the story, rather than parts of a whole?
    burn your dread you coward

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I mean, to Rin, Kirei was acting his normal self.
    To be fair, she distrusts him normally on an instinctive level, and he basically just kuhuhuhu them with a grin on his face when giving them terrible news.
    Further, he somehow just now has a family oriented crest that can somehow disenchant Zouken's familiars, that he uses up but can't finish the job. Then he jokes again when Sakura crashes through the window, Rin herself noting that it was on purpose. If there was ever a time to question him, it would have been then.

Its another one of those situations where I don't really buy the "it couldn't be helped" when SHIROU of all people rethought Kirei having messed with Sakura's body. Rin supposedly had all this insight and did nothing with it(early on in the route, she suspects something is wrong with the ritual itself, has the maps to the cave, etc. etc. etc). What should have been done is primarily taking a step back and finishing your own assertions, because ironically, they were correct.
    The "Sakura must die" bit was an intentional red herring from Zouken and Kirei, so she was fooled by both and helped with both their plans to divide their group and alienate Sakura more to break her so that it accelerates AM's growth/gets her closer to being swallowed by it so Zouken can eat her brain and take her body.Though to be fair, even when Shirou confronted Kirei, he was almost tricked himself because Kirei was still going to give him the plan of trying to get Rin to synchronize with Sakura and wish on the grail, which would have been bad..