Results 10,421 to 10,440 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Spoiler:
    Apparently Iri appears and hugs Illya in her death scene
    Spoiler:
    This makes sense if you take what Irisviel said seriously and the drama cds about how they would always be together because they are Einzbern women. So the Einzbern hivemind is canon, seal it and confirm it now.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Anyone read anything about the ending?
    Spoiler:
    Someone just claimed it was a mix of True & Normal, with Shirou apparently not being put in that Touko doll body for several years. Which strikes me as odd because in the VN, he was just gone for a year.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Alter VS Rider got leaked.

Holy shit, it was lit.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Anyone read anything about the ending?
    Spoiler:
    Someone just claimed it was a mix of True & Normal, with Shirou apparently not being put in that Touko doll body for several years. Which strikes me as odd because in the VN, he was just gone for a year.
    Spoiler:
    That's nonsense, unless dialogue differs from what was shown. It showed the seasons changing, but they also traveled to different countries. Rin and Sakura themselves didn't look to age much if at all during the trip, compared to the actual epilogue that has the normal 2 years later or whatever it was.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Levani View Post
    Alter VS Rider got leaked.

Holy shit, it was lit.
    Yeah. Only part of the fight.
    Spoiler:
    I thought Rho Aius was projected at the same time as Rider unleashed Pegasus in the VN, but here Shirou Projected Rho Aius first, and Pegasus wasn't summoned yet.

Also apparently he fully rips off the cloth during the Salter fight and not beforehand against Black Berserker it seems

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nagato is voiced by Youji Ueda.
    Zelretch is voiced by Ikuya Sawaki.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Nagato is voiced by Youji Ueda.
    Zelretch is voiced by Ikuya Sawaki.
    Zel's first voice is in Fate series!?

Kinokoooo!!!!

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Spoiler:
    That's nonsense, unless dialogue differs from what was shown. It showed the seasons changing, but they also traveled to different countries. Rin and Sakura themselves didn't look to age much if at all during the trip, compared to the actual epilogue that has the normal 2 years later or whatever it was.
    Spoiler:
    Originally, after cave collapsed, Rin and Sakura recovered with Sakura fighting back the reactions to being forcibly separated from Angra Mainyu, Rider went back and found Shirou's soul(?) (that will be an interesting thing to see what form he was in and Sudou's interpretation with Nasu guidance). Then the sisters planned how to get him back, which took a year iirc, where they found a spare body on the black market and Sakura used the Matou tomes to pay the cost. After the transplant Rin leaves for London to take care of some things/the trial and names Sakura the supervisor of Fuyuki while Sakura is overseeing Shirou's recovery. Only a month prior to meeting Rin again a year later it was implied that Shirou recovered fully fairly recently from the what we see in the epilogue.
    I don't think it would make sense to stretch that out further. Did they try to add more details? Even then they could just say, "this happened over several months", wouldn't need to be years, since Sakura and Shirou are supposed to graduate together that spring.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yes, but technically no because the PS2 version of FSN has the Herc guy filling in for Zelretch's lines. Just like how Issei's VA filled in for Bedivere in the Fate route before Garden of Avalon made Miyano Bedi's official voice.

I don't remember Issei's VA being Mamiko Noto...

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Mamiko Noto only voiced Bedivere in Deen. He was voiced by Shin'ichirou Miki in the PS2 FSN and by Mitsuaki Madono in the Vita FSN, then Mamoru Miyano in GoA and FGO, making him the Type-Moon character with the highest amount of voice actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Spoiler:
    Originally, after cave collapsed, Rin and Sakura recovered with Sakura fighting back the reactions to being forcibly separated from Angra Mainyu, Rider went back and found Shirou's soul(?) (that will be an interesting thing to see what form he was in and Sudou's interpretation with Nasu guidance). Then the sisters planned how to get him back, which took a year iirc, where they found a spare body on the black market and Sakura used the Matou tomes to pay the cost. After the transplant Rin leaves for London to take care of some things/the trial and names Sakura the supervisor of Fuyuki while Sakura is overseeing Shirou's recovery. Only a month prior to meeting Rin again a year later it was implied that Shirou recovered fully fairly recently from the what we see in the epilogue.
    I don't think it would make sense to stretch that out further. Did they try to add more details? Even then they could just say, "this happened over several months", wouldn't need to be years, since Sakura and Shirou are supposed to graduate together that spring.
    Spoiler:
    The way I recall it happening in the movie:

Sakura wakes up as the cave collapses and light shoots into the sky. The scene then cuts to her in the archery dojo doing everyday life things. Afterwards, she meets up with Rin and it looks like they're catching up as sisters. But it continues showing them meeting up as seasons change and the background LOOKED like they were in different countries. Like, based on writing on buildings/stores.

As they walk down the changing street, they hold hands because cute sisters are cute. They then cut down an alley, and as they walk in the alley Touko is walking about back to the main street. Rin doesn't pay her any mind, but Sakura glances at her once or twice. They're then in the black market where Rin cracks open a crate and inside is the puppet body. Sakura holds up a bird cage like Gray uses for Akt or Ereshkigal uses for souls. It has a cloth covering it, but within a gold orb begins shining.

Then it cuts to the epilogue graduation/time skip part. I may be forgetting, but this epilogue might have been a back and forth with the prior, and once the glowing happened it cut to Sakura cooking in the kitchen (after doing other normal everyday things) and then Shirou appears.

JP Friend Code
    It was good.

As a adaptation of the original VN, I think this last film is the closest in both tone and accuracy out of the three as far as I remember, and it's pretty much as perfect as it could be (some might disagree but luckily most people can't prove me wrong until the film becomes available worldwide months later). The balance between all the characters feel pretty evenly shared unlike the previous two films where you can definitely say they're Sakura's films.

I'll describe what I remember from the film and someone can fill me in on if there was anything that wasn't included or if I got a detail or two wrong. it goes without saying at this point but naturally watching it for yourself is better i think but i wont deny i enjoy typing this out

what happens in the film, sorry for the text wall
    The first half of the film is pretty straightforward and I think it opens a lot more concisely and to the point than the previous two. It starts with Shirou discovering best boy's corpse, Zouken appears and they talk, cuts to Illya lazing around at Shirou's place and she asks Rin what being an older sister is like/what it means (I don't remember the exact wording, might've been 姉ってどうなの?), cuts back to Rider saving Shirou from Zouken, cuts back to Illya going out to the courtyard and Sakura appears to take her. Sakura defeats Rin, summons Saber to stab Rider from behind who appeared mid-scene with Shirou. Shirou's about to get killed when Illya agrees to go with Sakura so that she'd stop killing everyone and they leave. Illya calls Shirou onii-chan before they disappear and Sakura asks that Shirou does not appear in front of her again, or she'll kill him. Saber goes これは最後の注文です. I think that sets up the direction of the film pretty well. It frames Sakura and Illya as two equally important individuals for this film, and it re-establishes Shirou's moral conflict over whether he's going to save her at the expense of all her victims.

After saving Shirou and co, Kirei takes Shirou to the church's garage to reveal his car and bike and says he'll cooperate. There's a really nice scene of the two in the car on the way over to Einzbern castle and Kirei talks about Kiritsugu and why he hates him. Kiritsugu had feelings but threw them away for his ideals, but got them back anyway by the end. Kirei had none to throw away in the first place, so he finds Kiritsugu quite 不快, but also thinks that Kiritsugu was a happy man. He also asks Shirou whether he's ready to treat Sakura as an enemy. I don't remember Shirou's exact reply but he says he's not Kiritsugu and he will save Sakura. Kirei says you won't succeed Kiritsugu's will, huh (きりつぐの意思を継がないか idr). They arrive at the forest and head to the castle. Cut to Illya in her room with maids. Shirou bursts through the window and complains that Kirei threw him. Shirou and Illya argue for a bit here, Shirou says she's trying to act strong by doing all this and that he doesn't care and is going to save her because he's her older brother and older brothers are supposed to save their younger siblings. He holds his hand out for Illya to take but before she does that Kirei picks her up and says they have to leave. They jump down the window from the third floor, this goes more smoothly for Kirei than Shirou as expected, and then it cuts to Sakura going 来たね、先輩(so you came) and summons Berserker to catch them. Then you get the cool running scene where True Assassin chases them through the trees and Kirei stays back to take him on so Shirou and Illya can go.

Kirei-side, he lures/got lured by True Assassin into the warehouse/church in the forest that you'd recognize from fate route and he monologues about his motivations as he fights True Assassin. There's some pretty cool framing of the church's statue of a saint lady holding a baby as Kirei narrates how he finds enjoyment in the suffering of others or something and how he recognizes it's not right, and that he tried to mend this and even took on a wife. You see a flashback to his wife on her death bed who tries to prove Kirei wrong by stabbing herself, before it cuts back to Kirei getting Zabaniya'd but that failed and Kirei restrains True Assassin long enough that he could go to the roof to 'kill' Zouken. Ends with Kirei narrating that no, the wife was wrong. He was sad because he couldn't get to kill her himself.

Shirou-side, the two hide in a trench Berserker formed while rampaging around the forest and Shirou throws his jacket away (seriously, if they're going to return to the base VN design for important moments like Shirou vs Archer in UBW, or this, then why give him the jacket redesign in the first place). Illya asks why Shirou has to suffer so much when he's done nothing wrong, he says that he has done his share of bad things, but thanks Illya for caring. He jumps out from the trench and unveils the Shroud of Martin on his arm. The following metaphorical scene of Shirou struggling in the wind until he sees Archer's back and Archer goes ついて来れるか? is preserved in its entirety complete with an arrange of Emiya and I'm really happy about that. Shirou regains his vigor and goes おまえこそついてきやがれぇえええ and runs past him and it's perfect. He does the Nine Lives Blade works thing (that CG of him holding Berserker's stone slab sword was reproduced perfectly too) and you see 8 cuts on the ground before he does a final 9th stab at Berserker. You actually hear Berserker say 'you protect her now' (i dont remember the exact line sorry, maybe it was お前が守れ) which surprised me because I don't remember if you ever get to hear his normal voice in the VN. Saber appears.

Cuts back to Kirei meeting Sakura. Kirei mentions how she's more relaxed now, she says she's not the powerless girl she was anymore (her gestures here are like really relaxed and cute, she puts a finger to her lips and ponders over it and everything idk how to describe it well), but Kirei goes nah, there was no difference between the regular you and this power hungry version. Angry, she fucks up his heart and then summarizes the plot of F/Z in like three sentences by mentioning how he's been living through the grail mud after he had died during the 4th war or so on, how Archergil was connected to that or something and that since she's ingested Gil she could fuck him up. Then she feels pain from Berserker's defeat filling the grail. Back to Saber, she withdraws and tells Shirou he's lucky because Sakura's called for her, then takes that back, it wasn't luck, he earned it (i dont remember the exact phrase she used here or if that actually means that she says he's earned this victory sorry, it was like 水からの勝利 or something, idk). It feels like this is the halfways point of the film, probably.

Shirou has a dream of swords coming out of his body and then wakes up at home struggling. Rin's there and recovered, so they and Illya head over to the Tohsaka manor's secret basement to reproduce Zeltrech's sword. On the way Illya explains stuff about the war, how the masters being involved is just a front and actually the heroic spirits are what mattered, and about the Einzberns summoning Avenger in the 3rd war and how that fucked up everything. She explains what Avenger, Angra Mainyu is too. At the basement, Illya and Shirou talk a bit more before she unravels the Shroud a bit and Shirou sees a flashback of the 3 families and Zeltrech on their way to some basement/cave to perform the ritual. Each head explains what they're contributing to the ritual, Shirou sees the sword and the flashback ends there. Rin's back at the Emiya household and Sakura's shadow/projection appears to talk to her for a bit and Rin says she's going to kill Sakura for sure. Sakura says she'll be waiting at that cave that's important in all the routes. Sakura-side, she laments stuff for a bit at the cave with the greater grail (illya explains about the greater grail too i think) and True Assassin appears and you hear Zouken's voice instructing her to make a contract but Sakura kills True Assassin and then extracts Zoukenworm out of her body and crushes him too. She wonders what she'll do after this and Saber tells her that they'll be coming for her soon, there's still that. Sakura says to let nee-san pass, Saber asks what about Shirou, Sakura doesn't have a reply to that, Saber sees that hesitatoin and leaves.

Back to Shirou, he's struggling in bed at night and Rider appears from beyond the door and asks if he intends to be Sakura's enemy. Shirou assures her that he'll save Sakura, he's always been by her side and there's someone he has to defeat (倒す) in order to achieve that and Rider agrees. iirc this originally had choices where the wrong reply would have Rider kill you and what Shirou said this time iirc was the right option? Shirou, Rin and Rider are about to leave the household to confront Sakura for the final battle (theres a cool montage of shirou's daily life with sakura as he makes his way to the 玄関 and he narrates how wow, sakura really meant a lot to him). Before they leave, he offers Illya to continue living with him like before if she has nowhere else to go, she asks him to crouch down and she headpats him and tells him he has to bring Sakura back by dawn.

They enter the cave and meet Saber. She goes りん and does this neck gesture thing that tells her only she's allowed to pass. There's a scene with Rin talking to Sakura, but then it cuts back to Rider and Shirou preparing to fight Saber. There's a very short flashback to Rider and Shirou discussing strategy and he mentions something but you don't get to hear it, and Rider goes that might work. Then the fight begins properly. Eventually Shirou uses Rho Aius to block Excalibur and Rider's pegasus knocks Saber away. Before Saber could get up, Shirou jumps in and stabs her. You get the same pose and angle as the original CG but it's not as dramatic or slow as I remember how it was I think, he just stabs her right away. He thanks Saber for everything and goes on ahead after telling Rider to catch up.

Rin and Sakura's fight was petty much as I remembered in the VN too. Rin goes 'so? i dont care. i never thought my life was easy', Sakura gets angry and tries to burst Rin down but Rin throws the sword to nullify everything and jumps at her. You get a flashback to Sakura and Rin playing poker at the Tohsaka mansion as kids and Rin had a way better hand but hesitates to reveal it to Sakura because she looked so happy with the pair she had in hers. Rin goes ああ、駄目だ and couldn't stab Sakura. She falls over and Sakura realizes what she's done wrong. Shirou appears and there's an action scene of him trying to reach her as the ribbons try to intercept him and she shouts how she shouldn't be saved (私は一人で死にます。私を助けちゃいけない). At this point Shirou already has swords sticking out of his body a little. He reaches her, tells her he'll save her anyway, projects Rule Breaker and she accepts being stabbed. Sakura loses consciousnes and her clothes, but that chibi golem-like imaginary number magic of hers turns into some kind of cloth to cover her. Rider comes and Shirou tells her to take Tohsaka and Sakura away and gives her the house key. Here it's really cool how his lines stumble trying to say Rider's name, almost like he's forgotten it or like he's bugging out, iirc this is also how it was in the VN. Shirou sees how the greater grail hasn't stopped yet so he makes his way over and meets Kirei at the end. The fist fight was pretty good, they moved some of the conversation from before the fist fight to during it but I don't think anyone can say it's not loyal to the original. Kirei gets injurd by punching Shirou and goes 'what a troublesome body, the one who attacks gets hurt instead'. Shirou does not narrate that 'it turns out I like Kotomine Kirei, I was trying not to realize that' or 'he was only doing this because he knew no other way to live' which disappointed me, but he does narrate that they're both sinners and he says 'of course you wouldn't back down. sorry for wasting your time' and kirei goes 'that goes for both of us' or something to that effect (i'm almost certain he doesn't say お互い様だ because i was waiting for that line but he says something that had the same effect). The fight ended the same way as the VN and you sorta get a recreation of Kirei's final CG where you don't see his face.

Shirou heads to the greater grail, he's about to project something to destroy it but his hands shake and he hesitates. Illya comes in in her Dress of Heaven (sorry i dont remember if thats what it's called) and walks on air to head over to the grail. Shirou tries to stop her but he finds himself unable to even remember her name. Illya goes it's ok, you want to live right? Shirou hesitates/struggles but he shouts out 生きて いたいんだ! (I want to live!) She goes 'You said older brothers should protect their siblings. Well, I'm your onee-chan.' Here Shirou finally remembers Illya's name and shouts it repeatedly. Things white out, you see Illya rushing to her mother and then you see Shirou's spirit transform into some ball thing.

Epilogue starts with the exact same shot at the archery dojo as HF1, but with Sakura instead of Shirou. Here it kinda baits you into thinking it's Normal End because you kinda get this hint that Shirou's gone (taiga goes 'when will he come back...' or 'where did he disappear to', its one of those lines, i'm sorry i dont remember which). Rin's waiting outside the dojo and they walk and the film does this thing where it shows them walking down the street and the background keeps changing to a bunch of different places, probably different countries but I mean it's all like, streets with stores that look kinda western but Japan kinda has those too so I'm not sure? You see Rin and Sakura's hairstyles lengthen to the point that they look like their VN selves in the epilogue. You see Sakura cooking alone in Shirou's kitchen, then it cuts back to that walking thing but they enter an alleyway and they pass by TOUKO (no dialogue though you only see her from the back), they open some box and see a fake body and they hold up a bird cage that's glowing and that's supposed to be Shirou's soul I guess. Cut back to Sakura cooking and now Shirou's next to her. They walk out of the house along to follow Rider and Taiga. Rin's there and she asks Rin, ねえ桜、しあわせ? They all make their way to the flower viewing party as Aimer's song starts playing because the sakura's on full bloom, you see most of the cast there, you see Mitsuzuri getting freaked out by Rider's presence and Issei's there, and you see the baka trio from hollow ataraxia with Rin. Sakura's standing outside the park watching all that going on, Shirou comes next to her, and together they step forward.

post-movie VA stage talk
    unlike the other two films this one came after its over. this time its sudou the director, and the VAs sugiyama(shirou), shitaya(sakura), asakawa(rider), ueda(rin), kadowaki(illya), the CHAD nakata jouji dressed as kirei complete with black keys in hand (shitaya's also dressed as dark sakura but without the hair), and kawasumi(saber). some producer dude from aniplex asks them questions and they answer. i might go into detail at some point later if anyone cares since i do have some Thoughts about it. you get a session with aimer singing the theme song with piano accompaniment on stage. kawasumi and shitaya especially cries a bit, nakata says that if you post your thoughts on twitter without spoilers he will read it god why is he so amazing. ueda says suwabe(archer) sent her a letter this morning which he's never done before during the 15 years they've worked on fate. asakawa's glad that finally her character gets to survive on-camera for once.

it's over and i'm not sure how to feel. might think about it for a while and write about it later.
    Last edited by Akyuu; August 15th, 2020 at 06:41 AM. Reason: missed a hiragana
    updated 2019/1/10

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    >The balance between all the characters feel pretty evenly shared unlike the previous two films where you can definitely say they're Sakura's films.

I couldn't agree anymore. Making me remind why I liked HF because of the other characters.

>It starts with Shirou discovering best boy's corpse

Aron headbutt eyes red shining

> which surprised me because I don't remember if you ever get to hear his normal voice in the VN.

In the HF VN it was just a line narrating it. In the fate route you do hear his voice but I feel like it just a fill in just for him like they did with Asakawa yuu as claudia in the VN and etc...

>Eventually Shirou uses Rho Aius to block Excalibur and Rider's pegasus knocks Saber away.

I saw the cam rip of this... I don't know why but I was just a tad bit disappointed of that scene because it felt more epic in the VN? It was well deserved seeing it animated but in my head it was that when Rider NP and Saber NP were about to clash, then Shirou takes out Rho Aias and gives it to her MID AIR is what sold me. Seeing Shirou face gutted me just like in the VN when he's about to stab her.

> you see Illya rushing to her mother

Lie down and cry a lot.

> Here it kinda baits you into thinking it's Normal End because you kinda get this hint that Shirou's gone

Depress route incoming? sike

> enter an alleyway and they pass by TOUKO

Animated Touko is more enough for me but.... I get the feeling some artists will feel inspired to draw her.

>Mitsuzuri getting freaked out by Rider's presence

I wouldn't be surprised if she winked at her.

>Shirou comes next to her, and together they step forward.

QUE THE MUSIC TURNING SEASONS 2(lel totally not listening to this while reading this post)

>the CHAD nakata jouji dressed as kirei complete with black keys in hand

THE RAW PENT UP ENERGY IN THAT PICTURE
    Last edited by Leftovers; August 15th, 2020 at 11:25 AM. Reason: USE SPOILER TAGS

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

Sounds like what i expected. Mostly faithful of true end, epic animations and such. Certain scenes skipped or sped up for time, a few monologues kept just to contextualize some more vague parts and the rest disgarded. I am suprised that apparently
    Spoiler:
    they cut shirous super decline mentally after einzbern forest by narratively only having shirou partially remove martin shroud until alter fight? Very curious. Also disappointed about alters send off supposedly being less dramatic and more abrupt than vn? Can anyone confirm that nine lives scene is not monologued? Im assuming so but thats a huge aspect of the vn fight

Quote Originally Posted by Inuhanyou View Post
    Sounds like what i expected. Mostly faithful of true end, epic animations and such. Certain scenes skipped or sped up for time, a few monologues kept just to contextualize some more vague parts and the rest disgarded. I am suprised that apparently
    Spoiler:
    they cut shirous super decline mentally after einzbern forest by narratively only having shirou partially remove martin shroud until alter fight? Very curious. Also disappointed about alters send off supposedly being less dramatic and more abrupt than vn? Can anyone confirm that nine lives scene is not monologued? Im assuming so but thats a huge aspect of the vn fight
    Spoiler:
    is it just partial removal, or someone just forgetting that the shroud stays attached to his wrist swaying like a cape cuz coolness and he puts the whole shroud back on after the Herk fight as a placebo?

Spoiler:
    I'm disappointed as well but it makes sense that...

Spoiler:
    scene in which Alter dies was more abrupt, the movie only estabilished a very shallow connection between Saber and Shirou through the first movie, unlike the VN for example they didn't train together and bond in the dojo so it makes sense why Shirou would have less hesitation

Also I'm thankful that they didn't include SLH in the Rider vs Alter fight like some people wanted it. Hopefully they can animate it as a BD bonus (unlikely asf but I still hope).

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Spoiler:
    is it just partial removal, or someone just forgetting that the shroud stays attached to his wrist swaying like a cape cuz coolness and he puts the whole shroud back on after the Herk fight as a placebo?
    Spoiler:
    that super happens in the vn yeah hence that iconic imagery. Im more wondering about if they skip over shirous decline regarding having time skip around for him because he cant record information in his brain anymore and things like him not being able to hear people talking because hes already halfway out the door. That stuff is really impactful for me in regards to showing how fucked shirou is and the conseqences of his decision. Its just a 2 hour movie, but id hope they keep those aspects

Spoiler:
    The shroud is taken down to just around his wrist against Herc. It then gets rewrapped at some point. Against Saber Alter, it comes off completely. He then rewraps it before heading to face Sakura.

Also, yes, they did mess with his mental decline. It was still there, but it wasn't as big as the VN. He couldn't remember/say Rider's name, and struggles with a few words here and there with Illya, but not to the same extent. I think there's only one time skip that happens showing his decline, where he's talking to Rin and then it has a weird/abrupt screen cut that seemed to indicate it happened.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Partial removal. I actually didn't remember this and wasn't paying attention to it but luckily I didn't have to, the PV for the film itself shows the shroud was still attached to the wrist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAjRcV80rXM Near the end of this.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Can you elaborate a bit? What part of Nine Lives monologue do you mean? Shirou doesn't narrate along the lines of 'this battle will end in 3 seconds. i aim for his head, body, heart, testicles, etc etc. i surpass his speed using godspeed', but you do pretty much see most of that visually presented. you get to see eight slashes happen instantly, a ninth one to seal it and the battle ends right there, no additional swings. And well, you get to see Shirou struggling with the pain from having removed the shroud by showing him in bed in pain twice. It's not perfect but when combined with Shirou unable to remember names or form words properly after Alter's fight, I think it gets the point across well enough.
    updated 2019/1/10