Page 553 of 568 FirstFirst ... 53453503543548551552553554555558563 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,060 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    shirou drives a mazda
    He likes classics, japanese things and stuff you can repair yourself

I expect of him something more plebeian, maybe an old ass Civic or Corolla tuned up the wazoo, at best a first gen Celica rescued from the dump and painstakingly restored to beyond top condition.

Then again, maybe the Fujimura gumi could set him up with something more cutting edge...
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 4th, 2021 at 05:31 PM.
    don't quote me on this

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Just watched it. Really nice stuff. Adapting any route of FSN is a daunting task and they mostly did great.
    :

- Did Sakura pick up Chinese style cooking after the story proper? Those rolls and breaded stuffs in the epilogue were suspicious... or is it implied that Shirou cooked those? (or are they Japanese foodstuffs after all? My knowledge is limited)

Shirou knows mostly Japanese which is where she got that, but she taught herself western foods and baking with sweets and other stuff. Makes her own spice book on the side, which shows she is in tryhard mode. She has a book in Hollow about how to beat Chinese chefs in that Revenge Diary joke scene, but its correct she has a lot of DIY books.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Streaming watch party! Right now!

https://app.kosmi.io/room/pwegzl

anyone think the way Kirei summaries HF story ( in the first part of movie 3) is little confuse?

I don't think the newbies or anyone who just watches FSN's animes will understand what is he saying.
    Wonder why Sudou doesn't summary in a more simply way:

" It is the story about the great war to obtain the great reward.
    In other to win this war, someone experimental a girl to turn her become a great monster...."

Instead, he tries to explain about Holy Grail and Black Grail. I think very many viewers will confuse because of that.

Let me say that I felt that the Rider/Saber fight was worth the entire trilogy on its own, even if I didn't agree with the dig they did to Saber fans at the end of it.

That said, I felt that the director was mediocre and made a flawed and mediocre work by putting all of his focus on one character when part of what makes the route so great are the many relationships that interact and change. From Saber and Shirou at the start, meeting and getting close to Illya while starting a relationship with Sakura. Then as Sakura gets into trouble, Shirou deepening his relationship with Illya to lead to her big damn hero moment later one while Sakura and Rin's relationship gets expanded to lead to the main conflict at the end. Then as Saber comes back as the dragon, Shirou putting her aside to save Sakura instead despite both women being in similar situations.

The overall trilogy had a lot of dead time in it that could have been better spent further building the character interactions.
    Leviathan
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    The problem with that line of thinking, is implying that you could just slap in something to show what amounted to quite a lot of scenes to get that same feeling.
    When you are directing and planning out a project, you have to make sure that things flow properly. You say there was a lot of dead air, but what was put there was put there to fulfill a purpose. The fights are legnthened because he knows a lot of people enjoy those fights, and because people want to see the Servants in larger than life action. If the fights were as quick as they were originally, they would complain the servants didn't get their due, as many had.
    And again, as I mentioned before, there were a few of the Shirou/Sakura scenes taken out that enhanced their relationship (which is ironic, as the big meme originally that she didn't do anything in her own route, blahblahblah), so its not like Sudou screwed over everyone else personally just to favor Sakura. He focused so what he put made sense realistically in the time allotted. Slapping in a scene here like a quick shout out, as if you're doing a speedrun, essentially "filling that dead air" could leave people more confused because the setup isn't given.

What you believe is that as it is, its not believable that Ilya would help Shirou that much from the audience perspective at the end, but they gave that justification. He is shown going out on a limb for her, and she sees that she was actually loved by Kiritsugu. Which did not necessitate awkwardly trying to cram the scenes of her visiting the house before she stays later, the sword virus scene, the waking up scene, etc. Yeah they do enhance the group dynamic, but they couldn't just be slapped in there.
    Don't just think, "well he should have put this in", consider what would be lost in coherency if you added that into the runtime and if the scene would flow together properly, as this is a movie, not a novel you've got completely control over the timing, pacing and scene transition.

Blog Entries
    Also, Illya doesn't just do it for Shirou.

As the Einzbern representative, she takes responsibility for the whole mess, performs the miracle that was supposed to be the point of the whole ritual, and closes the cycle. And in doing so, she also fulfills the purpose of her existence. Using that miracle to save Shirou is just the cherry on top.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 6th, 2021 at 11:21 AM.
    don't quote me on this

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    People complain about the movies feeling like highlights from the VNs and then asks for a literal highlights of HF, dead time is important and you can't just remove it.

As the Einzbern representative, she takes responsibility for the whole mess, performs the miracle that was supposed to be the point of the whole ritual, and closes the cycle. And in doing so, she also fulfills the purpose of her existence. Using that miracle to save Shirou is just the cherry on top.

so true, it works really well as closure for the grail mess. Illlya really acts as the anti angra
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; April 6th, 2021 at 12:47 PM.

I think Sudou has done an incredible job with the trilogy, adapting in 6 hours the longest route of the novel is not easy, all the important scenes are there and he has even added scenes that improve the plot as the past of Sakura and Shirou, the key of the house...
    The epilogue was great and I would pay anything to see Rin and Sakura having more moments together.
    If I have to say something negative it's that I would have loved to hear Ever Present Feeling in the Sisters scene instead of there being no music at all a shame because it's my favorite scene in the VN.
    Anyway the ultimate experience is still the VN but this HF trilogy is to this day my favorite fate adaptation.

Blog Entries

Yes, with caveats to that of course. See the scene "Sacrilege" she says she is torn between what her function is, and what she wants to do as an individual.
    She says that she was made to open the gate, not close it, and says should she run away with Shirou or fulfill her function, which is to open the gate, and reclaim what that family lost. Saving the city by closing it is actually the opposite of that, since its admitting the ritual is a failure and packing it in.
    So she ultimately chose helping Shirou. Rather than taking responsibility, it seemed more like she made a choice as an individual.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    She says that she was made to open the gate, not close it
    That's the "mission" that was instilled on her from outside, not the "purpose" that she discovered on her own. Although that's just semantics.

But IMO, closing the gate isn't just her personal wish, it's also her choice as Justeaze's successor.

To me, her final meeting with the dying Zouken (where she questions what's the point of going on) reinforces that idea.
    As does Zouken's final epiphany that the Three Families's goal is something Humanity will reach on its own in the distant future.

That's also probably one of the reasons why the Einzbern shut down operations permanently after that.
    If the legitimate successor says the dream is over, then it's gone for good.

anyway the Third Magic territory was starting to get encroached on by the whole soul digitalization thing, maybe that's another good reason to call it quits
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 8th, 2021 at 04:22 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Shouldn't the title of the thread be updated now that the movie is out and all?

Blog Entries
    That's the "mission" that was instilled on her from outside, not the "purpose" that she discovered on her own. Although that's just semantics.

But IMO, closing the gate isn't just her personal wish, it's also her choice as Justeaze's successor.

To me, her final meeting with the dying Zouken (where she questions what's the point of going on) reinforces that idea.
    As does Zouken's final epiphany that the Three Families's goal is something Humanity will reach on its own in the distant future.

That's also probably one of the reasons why the Einzbern shut down operations permanently after that.
    If the legitimate successor says the dream is over, then it's gone for good.

anyway the Third Magic territory was starting to get encroached on by the whole soul digitalization thing, maybe that's another good reason to call it quits
    That's the thing, they realized it at the end but were willing to go along with it all the way to the end despite the dream technically being dead decades before, the Justeaze persona inside her ending up agreeing with what she wanted, and Zolgen finally gave up when his crush told him to give it up, but it took everything really being over and falling down around them for them both to give up.
    Though I guess the earlier talk Ilya had with Zouken in her Justeaze persona showed she was ready to hang it up before. The story was pretty much about ending 200 years of obsession and misguided ways people enforce their ideals. Though I get what you're saying about responsibility as Justeaze's successor, given they share the same soul technically, that seems more like Justeaze herself closing the curtains than Ilya based on the speech at the end, but it ultimately doesn't matter to differentiate it, given how interconnected they are.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The actual strikes of Nine Lives sucked which is a real pity when the buildup was perfect. Need to rewatch Shirou vs. Kirei to develop an opinion on it. Everything else was great though, especially Rider dabbing on Shirou's ex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The actual strikes of Nine Lives sucked which is a real pity when the buildup was perfect. Need to rewatch Shirou vs. Kirei to develop an opinion on it. Everything else was great though, especially Rider dabbing on Shirou's ex.
    Nah, the strikes were fine- actual godspeed murder, it was just the stupid triple spin at the end that let us all down, and we're not angry, just disappointed, very disappointed.

Personally I'm sad it wasn't just Herc in a bunch of pieces swinging anyway because fuck life, logic and physics, he's motherfuckin Heracles. Also, the mind-struggle was nowhere near the VN's intensity. Director/Storyboarder hard on for Hero Modo Shiro was on full display there, but they never really seemed to get, or bother showing, the idea that Shirou was chopping away at himself just to survive to the next fight.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    What let me down was that EMIYA didn't continue until the end of the scene. Kajiura finally remixed something from the VN and it was over before we could savor it.
    burn your dread you coward

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I understand that they wanted to depict how fast it was executed, which is good. Though I agree, it would've been better if it instead went in slow-mo, time alter style, with Shirou targeting each point(temple, collarbone, windpipe etc.) with the strikes being shown. Kinda like Ufo's version in the HF opening. Just a personal nitpick.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    I understand that they wanted to depict how fast it was executed, which is good. Though I agree, it would've been better if it instead went in slow-mo, time alter style, with Shirou targeting each point(temple, collarbone, windpipe etc.) with the strikes being shown. Kinda like Ufo's version in the HF opening. Just a personal nitpick.
    An issue I feel is they make it seem like Shirou speed-blitzed Berserker there when literally, Berserker was still moving fast that getting chopped 8 times still wasn't enough before he would kill Shirou right then.

Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    An issue I feel is they make it seem like Shirou speed-blitzed Berserker there when literally, Berserker was still moving fast that getting chopped 8 times still wasn't enough before he would kill Shirou right then.
    Thats exactly what was shown wasnt it? Or are you complaining about the 3 frames of hit stun NLBW inflicted on Herk?
    He was still gonna win and only stopped cuz a random loli appeared. Its just all vague show instead of direct tell.