Page 559 of 568 FirstFirst ... 59459509549554557558559560561564 ... LastLast
Results 11,161 to 11,180 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    What does that even mean?

It sounds like you're saying that him trying to do anything is pointless.

Yeah?

I'm missing what? Like I posted in the UBW thread, and no one said anything about me missing anything then.

What allies? It just seems like he's so alone compared to before.

I don't remember that either, and it's really not.

How?

I really doubt that, like I still think Hawkeye's right.
    I was saying that unlike in the more shonen like stories of the other routes, this isn't as easy as punching someone's lights out to fix the problem, the main cause lies elsewhere. So just "trying something" with no information would be stupid.
    And what you're missing is that Shirou is not some normal person that just likes helping people, there is more to it than that, its why he says odd things like "I'm fine being a machine", he struggles to reconcile the pain he STILL suppresses from the fire(in the Fate route when he thinks about his mother and father, he literally just blacks them out, because he is STILL suppressing how painful it was to lose them and survive alone) and why he follows the ideal.
    So its weird how people laud his ideal, without understanding Shirou himself, even after seeing all that. The concept is beautiful, but Shirou is still pretty fucked. Its kinda why I disliked Nasu's way of tackling it all endings showing he still needs guidance, but that somehow it just works out via timeskip. That definitely is something that should be shown.

And yes, he has allies. He wouldn't have made it at all if Sakura didn't push herself to have Rider use her NP to get the gang out of the forest and to the church. What happens in HF is that the protags have hangups around and with each other that causes what should be a smooth operation to be anything but.

And yeah, it is obvious given the information you get. Why would a servant who was initially very weak and hostile to you, save you and be much stronger later on? If you didn't know initially, it should have been obvious later on.

And how is it bad for her to fight against Zouken you say? Sakura has parts of him inside her at all times, no hotblooded determination is gonna fix that. That would be bad during a battle to have her power suppressed, drained, or having her organs played with. Kinda distracting I would say.

I don't understand why Shirou is suddenly out of options now when the other times he was happy to charge in despite negligible odds of success.
    Because he sees firsthand that he doesn't have anything he can really do, and get smacked down so hard he loses limbs and realizes how easily he can be brushed aside. He does the same foolish things, but this time, they have lasting consequences.
    But it isn't as if he wouldn't try anything if he has the right info, he's antsy and always asking questions precisely because this is basically trying to grab shadows with your hands.
    You'll see a good example of this in the third movie, where if one piece of critical information was known, a lot of this would be cake, moving straight on to the endgame.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; May 17th, 2021 at 07:59 AM.

Probably something to do with that...fate route? line about Shirou thinking about the many as if they were only 1 means that the moment Shirou realized he loved Sakura she also became 1 and therefore equal to the other side of the scales

Also i guess the movie put to much accent on the knife Sakura in bed scene, Shirou already gave up his ideals in the rain scene, the shadow and its powerlevel being a non-factor. The bed scene/knowledge of the shadow is there to prove that Shirou accepts Sakura even as a real murderer not just a hypothetical one

Been trying to think up an analogy about single mindedness and swords cuz of Shirous origin but ive been failing

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Okay, I think you and Garland are missing my point.
    I wasn't referring to your main point, but only the quoted part where I was addressing the common criticism about how the "power levels" are seemingly all over the place in Fate/Stay Night by arguing that the story puts more emphasis on the thematic importance of "why" a character like Shirou won a certain fight rather than the typical "how" which more often than not turns into your average DBZ style dick measuring contest power level drivel/debate.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Probably something to do with that...fate route? line about Shirou thinking about the many as if they were only 1
    HF line.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Probably something to do with that...fate route?

Also i guess the movie put to much accent on the knife Sakura in bed scene, Shirou already gave up his ideals in the rain scene, the shadow and its powerlevel being a non-factor. The bed scene/knowledge of the shadow is there to prove that Shirou accepts Sakura even as a real murderer not just a hypothetical one
    Its got pangs of the same message in both. Toward the end of the Fate route, Shirou mused on running away with Saber at the final battle. Its why people thinking "HF Shirou isn't Shirou, its a different character!" is false. Even moreso in UBW, where he considers killing Rin for considering sacrificing Taiga.
    Though this is sorta different in that while he accepted Sakura, he cried at the news offerings, and the message at the end was that he would be beside her, so its not really "accepting her as a murderer" its, "not abandoning her even if she tangentially has blood on her hands".

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Even moreso in UBW, where he considers killing Rin for considering sacrificing Taiga.
    Too bad none of this is shown or even implied in the UBW anime. Can't have our main protagonist have thoughts of killing the route's main waifu, or any meaningful and interesting characterization for that matter outside of being portrayed as the typical shounen do-gooder with an extra dose of stupidity slapped on top.

JP Friend Code
    Almost as if the whole sequence of events from the anime played it a little different than from the VN. Crazy, right?
    But guess it matters little when smart people sees those events like a display of stupidity and nothing else.

Blog Entries
    I mean, even for some people who played the VN, they liked the romanticism of Shirou as a wandering mercenary and such.
    But they made him pretty saintly in their minds. Him blanking out the memories of his parents because its too painful or that little bit with Rin reveals frailties or vulnerabilities.
    Can't have that. I mean, they DO show some slivers of it, but its usually done so oddly that the less inclined to pay attention audience pass it by.

US Friend Code
    NA blu-ray releases on August 17. Will include the dub.

I wished they showed the longer version. I am curious though, if Cristina Vee will or can change her tone of voice for this like the jp voice actor did in the original version of the trailer.
    Last edited by Laserman; May 21st, 2021 at 12:19 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

I own the first two but I've been waiting for the third so I can watch them. Can't wait I already pr-ordered it.

A nice yearly reminder that Bryce Papenbrook still can't voice act without making you want to shove screwdrivers in your ears...

Shirou vs kirei in the movie is missing a lot compared to vn. Its certainly well animated as usual but all the meaning feels lost. The fight wasnt about shirou and kirei punching each other until one falls down.

Kirei is beating the fuck out of shirou but shirou is taking it. He gets knocked down, hes about to give up until he sees sakura, the one he sacrificed everything for, and arturia, the one he sacrificed. The resolve to make sure everything was not in vain he comes back with new vigour and manages to run out the clock.

Where is that in this movie??

Its even worse because watching by itself theres almost zero indication shirou is dying or losing critical functions all with the silly flippy dippy gymnastics he ends up doing to get to sakura. I just don't understand the thought process here

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    "It looks cool tho"
    That's the thought process.
    burn your dread you coward

Yup, that's pretty much been the motto of Ufotable ever since UBW when it comes to action scenes. Remember when Shirou's limbs were supposedly slashed to the point where his bones were protruding out during Answer? Sure didn't bother him enough to do a bunch of ninja flips in the anime in his duel against Archer.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    To play devil's advocate, that's what they're praised for and what most audiences want. Hardcore VN fans who don't like the lack of fidelity are outnumbered by people satisfied if they get enough of an spectacle. And well, can't please everybody
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code

HF3 finally being put on streaming services. It doesn't mention the others but I'd have to assume they will be too?

I believe they announced that before, yeah.

"Action-packed", freaking liars. Probably just made the tweet without watching the movie.
    Last edited by Laserman; May 22nd, 2021 at 04:12 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    Remember when Shirou's limbs were supposedly slashed to the point where his bones were protruding out during Answer?
    ????
    Where? I don't remember that.
    Last edited by Herod; May 22nd, 2021 at 05:06 PM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    ????
    Where? I don't remember that.
    Spoiler:
    "His fingers are broken, his limbs are slashed, and his breathing has stopped without him even realizing it. His speed is nothing, and his attack is mediocre."