Page 551 of 568 FirstFirst ... 51451501541546549550551552553556561 ... LastLast
Results 11,001 to 11,020 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

Honestly, I kind of wish they had used Illya's reduced role to foreshadow a Normal End path for the movie where she doesn't show up to save him. IMHO the decision to lessen her role in the most important arc of her story was the greatest flaw in any Fate adaption.
    Leviathan
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Illya's role is also my biggest issue with these movies. If the reduction had actually led to the normal end that would have been kind of clever though.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Watched the movie and all I can say is "It's worth the wait".

Sakura fanboy directed this, so yep, I can see that this adaptation is made with love and care, what with the delay of 2020 and all.

Might not see all the parts of the VN especially with Illya's explanation of her magic to Shirou and placing Shirou's consciousness (if my crappy memory of VN reading in LP archives serve me correct) in a tree as an example, but the adaptation did a great job nonetheless.

And dang it, that soundtrack of four rings did justice to the Rider vs. Altered Saber fight. Gasped like a little girl when Rider taunted Saber that the latter is still worried about Shirou's well - being, and to that I say "No, you did not just do that burn".

It's like watching a superpowered catfight after that taunt.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    To be honest, do we really need another scene where Shirou thinks about Sakura? More than half of his thoughts and focus in the trilogy has been about her, not to mention she was already saved and brought to safety by Rider at that point. Having yet another flashback reminding the audience that Shirou deeply cares about her would be pretty redundant, especially considering the time constraints of the movies.

If anything, the moment where Shirou's mind crumbles and completely forgets about his promise he made to Kerry during a certain fateful night feels like a more important and unfortunate cut, especially since that scene perfectly symbolizes the death of 'Seigi no Mikata Shirou' and completes his transformation from a machine into a human being.
    Well yeah, it does. See, and I'll be completely frank and honest here, since its good to be candid, but I really can't tell what people expect at this point. I don't expect that the movie to get unanimous praise, but some things are head scratching.
    Its been this way for awhile, but people seem to be completely contradictory imo. I see people saying they couldn't feel how Shirou really felt about Sakura in the VN(though I could and have pointed those out), so Sudo laser focused their relationship in the time allotted, so that he could get everything down pat, as not just a Sakura fan, but a Fate fan in general.

That, and I did mention this before, but they cut pertinent Sakura/Shirou bits for time as well, like their convo in Distant Twilight (which was really good for characterization and highlighted Sakura's feelings about magecraft, Rin, and Shirou, along with being a sobering talk on those topics)as well as a really touching moment in Beautiful Aria. Shirou's fear about the arm likely seems rushed to you because in the route itself that was hammered home quite a lot. Count the amount of times he aludes to removing the shroud or the "then cut it off" moments.
    That kind of setup needs time for the payoff, time they didn't have. If you want to set up that same payoff, you'd need to do it the same way, including having him try to remove the shroud with Rider, a separate scene of trying to remove it again, Rin's daring him to take it off, etc. Then you'd need the other training montages, because there were parts to those that fit the atmosphere of the group dynamic breaking down due to stress and anxiety. Bait as it was, Gyrad is right in that this route does need those setups for the ultimate payoffs, making cliff notes on it isn't as satisfying. But since the director had movies to do it with, I think it was the best that could be done and to keep things flowing coherently, so you don't have a lot of super quick and nonsensical shout scenes to sate some fans of this character or that, but a fully woven narrative.

Oh, and I believe the interview says that Shirou was able to recover his memories due to soul save state, although that part was always a bit hamfisted in the VN because chunks of amnesia like that would be much more problematic over time, and it was often used as an excuse to knock on the narrative by anti-HF people. Kinda nice how fanon is being slowly weeded out after all these years.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlandGreene View Post
    To be honest, do we really need another scene where Shirou thinks about Sakura? More than half of his thoughts and focus in the trilogy has been about her, not to mention she was already saved and brought to safety by Rider at that point. Having yet another flashback reminding the audience that Shirou deeply cares about her would be pretty redundant, especially considering the time constraints of the movies.

If anything, the moment where Shirou's mind crumbles and completely forgets about his promise he made to Kerry during a certain fateful night feels like a more important and unfortunate cut, especially since that scene perfectly symbolizes the death of 'Seigi no Mikata Shirou' and completes his transformation from a machine into a human being.
    Mate I just really really liked that moment. So it was a bit of a bummer not seeing it is all.
    burn your dread you coward

Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Sudo laser focused their relationship in the time allotted
    I mean I agree with this, especially if we're talking about the first 2 movies, but Spring Song makes it clear that its main focus shifted from Shirou and Sakura to Shirou and Illya, Rin and Sakura as well as some Kirei sprinkled in-between. I would have been fine if they decided to change things and make a climax that's more suited to the film version of Heaven's Feel but that's obviously not what we got since they played it safe and simply adapted the events as they were in the VN. In that sense, having the brief montage of Shirou reminiscing about his life with Sakura and how much he cherished that now that it has been taken away from him is enough to make the viewer understand his current goal and the reason behind why he fights, especially when the film is so strapped for time.

That's why I said the movie didn't need a Naruto-esque flashback montage followed by a powerup in the middle of the final battle to get the message across.
    Last edited by GarlandGreene; April 1st, 2021 at 07:36 PM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Just why is this so good?

nobody will mention the little shadow familar? dont remember it on the VN.

Kawai

About the epilogue, several anime onlies could not got it, and just like most of the the trilogy "flaws" its due to time , but for someone who is already a fan, see touko as a cameo is cooler than any exposition.
    When i hear hara wa yuku for the firstt time i tought..."this song is too emotional for the true end as in the VN, butt too cathartic for normal" and my idea was.." this sounds like the true end, but is somewhat a bit melancholic" and thats exactly what we got. The montage with rin and sakura was indeed better than the straight time skip of the VN, and it inforced my preference for it over normal, is not a fairytale ending, its broken people moving forward.

At the start, did shiro closed shinji eyes? Oher good touch, even if he ended in a very bad place, they used to be friends
    Last edited by TheSeaDragon; April 1st, 2021 at 11:45 PM.

why is Aimer still a thing

Satisfied with the movie overall though. The previous moments to the Berserker fight really lose some impact without a track like Kami no Na Motoni. But that's just me I guess.
    Last edited by Crown; April 2nd, 2021 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    why is Aimer still a thing

Satisfied with the movie overall though. The previous moments to the Berserker fight really lose some impact without a track like Kami no Na Motoni. But that's just me I guess.
    Which is funny because it's a realta nua track!
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a rearrange of the kotomine theme from fsn though, church on top of the hill/all the world's evil

Dunno what the original had in that scene though. Footsteps of destruction? Whirl of fate (the strings only version maybe)? Some other "tension" track? Maybe storm's premonition lol, original game loved that track, was nerfed hard in RN

I have a real hard time remembering which CG/tracks were in the original tbf
    Last edited by aldeayeah; April 2nd, 2021 at 07:41 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    It's a rearrange of the kotomine theme from fsn though, church on top of the hill/all the world's evil

Dunno what the original had in that scene though. Footsteps of destruction? Whirl of fate (the strings only version maybe)? Some other "tension" track? Maybe storm's premonition lol, original game loved that track, was nerfed hard in RN

I have a real hard time remembering which CG/tracks were in the original tbf
    The original had no bgm in that moment. Two pages after (from "I have to be determined") Ever-present feeling starts.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post

Kawai
    Spoiler:

At the start, did shiro closed shinji eyes? Oher good touch, even if he ended in a very bad place, they used to be friends
    ShirouxShinji
    Spoiler:

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Kawai
    I believe it's based on a Takeuchi sketch of what Sakura's familiars would look like if she wasn't siphoning from the Grail
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The little shadow familiars have been a thing since more than 10 years ago yeah.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    The original had no bgm in that moment. Two pages after (from "I have to be determined") Ever-present feeling starts.
    Ah kienai omoi another of those omnipresent workhorse tracks from the original OST

Everpresent feeling into Emiya is always a nice one-two though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    The little shadow familiars have been a thing since more than 10 years ago yeah.
    From an encyclopedia entry, iirc?
    don't quote me on this

Watched. God bless ufo, this truly was a heaven's feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    https://old.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...iew_with_nasu/

This is really really rough English, but, Angra fully born from the Grail is the Beast of "Retribution" and a Grand would have been summoned to fight him if he had combined with Sakura.

And even though the Third predates the First, the First is still called the First because of its "characteristic".
    Ok, was is the excuse here for a Grand instead of 7 ganging on him?

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Ok, was is the excuse here for a Grand instead of 7 ganging on him?
    I don't think the original text actually specifies if single or multiple.

Going by KH in Babylonia and Orion in Atlantis though, only one Grand seems to be summoned per Beast?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    I'd assume either the Human Order being wonky means all seven cannot be summoned at once, or the true threat that requires all seven Grands at once isn't the Beasts after all. I think they've reiterated Seven Grands being summoned a couple times since London, so I'd assume it's the former.