Page 555 of 568 FirstFirst ... 55455505545550553554555556557560565 ... LastLast
Results 11,081 to 11,100 of 11348

Thread: Heaven's Feel Movies

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hm. Nine Lives Blade Works was very unsatisfying.
    It was too fast. Like I feel the one from ufotable opening to Vita RN HF was better.

Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Lol thank god they didn't have her say that.
    Should have been there. Is the actual name of the NP after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinamon View Post
    Should have been there. Is the actual name of the NP after all.
    Since when?

Sword of Promised Victory -- Excalibur

Type: Anti-fortress Noble Phantasm

Range: 1-99

Maximum targets: 1000 persons

Even while blackened, Artoria's greatest power Excalibur is still potent. However, the sword is tainted an ominous black. Just as the fairies of the lake (Vivienne and Morgan) manifest as both good and evil, the holy sword has its own dark side. Still, its "character" as a holy sword is greatest. The function of converting the wielder's magical energy into light through the blade does not change, but the light is transformed into the same darkness of the blade.
    Last edited by Laserman; April 12th, 2021 at 12:27 AM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Since FGO

Well, i think its been called Excalibur Morgan in the past, but Seiba only started shouting the Morgaaaan part since FGO

- - - Updated - - -

I assume having her shout Morgan might confuse anime only's and make them think Seiba owns more than 1 sword named Excalibur rather than being the same 1 with a phase shift.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Yeah, theres even some frames of Rider jumping around the rubble right before the final meele to show thats shes prepping her boulder.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, yeah they resort to the invisible chain trick from Rider vs Shirou in UBW when shes clashing with Seiba but the setup for the boulders is there.
    There's even Saber going "Do you think such a trick Is enough to stop me?!"
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    Since FGO

Well, i think its been called Excalibur Morgan in the past, but Seiba only started shouting the Morgaaaan part since FGO

- - - Updated - - -

I assume having her shout Morgan might confuse anime only's and make them think Seiba owns more than 1 sword named Excalibur rather than being the same 1 with a phase shift.
    Its been a thing for awhile, since before Unlimited Codes even. Its one of those things where it was always supposed to be like that, but it wasn't shown until later.

And the cavern is always supposed to be bigger than what it looks like from the CGs. So it's good to showcase that space to show off Medusa's speed.
    Adding some other flairs here and there is good too, since she does have little esoteric abilities she rarely shows. If she is gonna give it her all, why not?
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; April 12th, 2021 at 05:32 AM.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Excalibur Morgan is for the alternative Saber, not the blackened Saber.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    I get it, but I could have sworn Nasu had it named that from before there was a difference between them. Before we diffentiated between spirit origins and stuff.

Finished the movie, I was satisfied, though I do wish it was longer. I stand by what I said before though, that trying to cram every single bit of the interactions between the protags at home would have ruined the slow burn it was supposed to have, but also made things a mishmash.
    I still believed even before the movies were finalized it would have been perfect as a 12 ep OVA, to both have the length but also enable the more graphic parts to it. But the movie did things very well.
    But as I mentioned before, part of that feeling was mainly because I adjusted the tone of things based on my internal flow of the scenes in my head.
    Nine Lives especially, that was definitely a scene that is always gonna feel better read with music and internalizing the flow of things than put to animation.

I'm grateful for this film, and bless Sudou again for that blue eyed Sakura. That symbolism really got to me. Gonna soak this in tonight

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by ttestagr View Post
    Let me say that I felt that the Rider/Saber fight was worth the entire trilogy on its own, even if I didn't agree with the dig they did to Saber fans at the end of it.
    What was the little dig you saw?

Blog Entries
    I didn't really see anything that could count as a dig besides the fact that Medusa taunted her, but she did that in the VN too, they just moved it around from the start to the middle.

And man, now that I watched it, those little shadow familiars are cute but scary as fuck.
    Like some Tales in the Hood with the doll scenes, little dudes touch you and you pop like a balloon, they don't need to be castle sized, that shit would make your blood run cold.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; April 14th, 2021 at 08:48 PM.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    I didn't really see anything that could count as a dig besides the fact that Medusa taunted her, but she did that in the VN too, they just moved it around from the start to the middle.

And man, now that I watched it, those little shadow familiars are cute but scary as fuck.
    Like some Tales in the Hood with the doll scenes, little dudes touch you and you pop like a balloon, they don't need to be castle sized, that shit would make your blood run cold.
    And we forgot that those shadows are meant to be really scary. It came off as almost bland when told from a VN standpoint, but we can give credit to the movie for showing how horrific the ribbons are. The movie really animated the ribbons as tendrils of an abysmal being rather than making it move like a bunch of ribbons strewn together.

What started off as a Cthulhu knockoff in a VN turned out to be actually horrifying in movie, complete with "The Ring" shoutout from Sakura.
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Blog Entries
    Yeah I really liked how he gave her powers life. I used to say she would be perfect as a ninja, but this is next level. The void portal usage, the cage, the compact but deadly familiars that fool you into thinking they are cute little buggers and then you just decay or blow up into gore. So yeah once again, its kinda ironic that Sakura prefers to be a cleric but her power is literally screaming at her to be some Void Sorceress of the Deep.
    I tell ya, what a time to be alive, these remakes and updates made by fans who really just GET IT, but are talented enough to make it happen are always people who deserve respect. We may like these franchises, but they prove their love for them when you see stuff like this.

Blog Entries
    Just finished binge-watching all three movies in a row, all for the first time. I thought overall they were really good for the amount of time they had to work with. That said, anyone else disappointed that they didn't include a Kajiura version of Light and Darkness during the final Shirou VS Kirei fight? I was really looking forward to that...Much more so then yet another version of Emiya, which they once again did (briefly) include. It also bothers me how they completely skipped showing that the suppressive shroud Shirou is wearing on Archer's arm came courtesy of Kotomine, and the fact that he's the one that transplanted the arm on him in the first place, as per Archer's wish. Oh well. On the flipside, I was positively surprised to see they actually did the romance justice, and let Shirou and Sakura have sex, instead of only including the blood sucking stuff.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

JP Friend Code
    Watched this the other day and finally had the time to put my thoughts together

tl;dr

That opening scene with Kotomine recapping the previous two movies is what all recaps should aspire to be. Atmospheric, stylish and great OST all in one. Unironically one of my favourite scenes from the entire movie, funnily enough.
    They portrayed Sakura really well, I thought. From the yandere, to the desperation, to that nice scene where it seems she's about to snap after "killing Zouken" before Alter reminds her Shirou is still alive and (imo intentionally) gives her another reason for maintaining what was left of her sanity.
    Her scene with Rin was adapted really well, and this is coming from someone who didn't really care much about their conflict in the VN to begin with. Rin's coldness towards her this movie does feel kind of overbearing, considering how much of it they cut out in the previous two, that's pretty noticeable.
    But ultimately with her character being the core to these adaptations, I think Sudou did a good job.

Illya's last scenes in this movie was so well done, I could even almost forget how irrelevant she has been in the last two. The emotions were there, the voice acting was on point and Shirou ultimately breaking down actually got me to feel something, which is always a good thing.
    Really wish they displayed the latter getting his mind destroyed by the arm in a more noticeable fashion though. It just feels like an afterthought here and that's a pretty significant thing that should have been given more attention. Same thing with him killing Saber, that was glossed over way too quick.

The actual fighting in the movie was so-so. Varied from the absolute spectacle that was the Alter fight to the mediocre slow mode spam with Assasin, while Kotomine talks about his life.
    Nine Lives had an amazing set-up and an absolutely sub-par finisher. I think it's pretty much impossible to tell what happened if you're anime-only. Which isn't something I usually care about but I went out of the scene thinking just showing some nice tilting screen shots would have been a superior substitute.

OST was actually quite memorable and fit the scenes pretty greatly, but... yeah absolutely no relevant remix-es from the VN's key tracks is like the most anti-fanservice thing you could do.

And there's Kotomine. Felt they basically nailed all his minor scenes really well(wish they kept Illya slapping him though) and then dropped the ball completely on the rest. There was like absolutely no need to have him monologue about his life while he was fighting both with Cursed Arm and with Shirou.
    Didn't really like that they cut the very important key factor about him actually reconsidering his planned suicide after Claudia beat him to it. That took some very important meaning from her death, that's just completely absent here.

Still enjoyed seeing him Nakata go ham with him though, but I just felt underwhelmed by him the most. Which is quite normal, since he's my favourite character and deserves the best.

Wish they actually showed what happens with Saber after HF here honestly.

tl;dr should have been 4 movies or so at least, but what we got wasn't bad at all. 8/10 overall.
    There was a lot of coat/jacket removal this movie - Kirei, Rin, Shirou(twice!). Always a plus point.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kotomine's planned suicide
    Wait, that was a thing?!
    don't quote me on this

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Wait, that was a thing?!
    It's so very minor that everyone forget It, but yes.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Wait, that was a thing?!
    yeah

The woman was a saint. She was sickly, but she was still a saint for him.
    It need not be said how faithful she was or how deeply she understood his anger.
    That's why the man was in despair.
    No human will ever understand him and try to heal him to her degree. And this woman still could not fill the void within him.

Then there was no need to live and question right and wrong.
    He was born defective.
    His birth was some kind of mistake.
    He concluded that if his existence was a mistake, it was best to disappear. And he went to bid goodbye to the woman before he died.
    He made her his wife as an experiment, so it's his natural duty to go tell her of his end.

It happened long ago.
    He can't remember her voice or her face.
    But sometimes he thinks,
    'I wanted to kill her.'
    Is that for his pleasure, or
    Is it grief over wanting to kill the one he loved with his own hands?

He cuts off his thought process whenever the answer flickers in his head.
    It's something that should be hidden forever.
    The woman's death was meaningless.
    Her devotion couldn't change him.
    But the man didn't want to consider her death to be worthless.
    So he stopped searching for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    It's so very minor that everyone forget It, but yes.
    Wouldn't really call one of the major factors that shows his genuine frustrtation with his core existence minor at all, but you do you

Quote Originally Posted by DTTS View Post
    yeah

Wouldn't really call one of the major factors that shows his genuine frustrtation with his core existence minor at all, but you do you
    Yes, her death stopper his suicide, but the second point you bolded has nothing to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Since when?
    Since a lot of time before. But only was starting FGO times that it was officially recognized as Excalibur Morgan. As such every piece of media released after FGO times, needs to call the NP with the name Excalibur Morgan, for consistency sake.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    No?

I don't really get this tbh