Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Fionn's fine, and has good lore befitting one of Ireland's most famous heroes, he just has the boundless misfortune of being squeezed in-between two highly desirable and limited SSR Lancers while also still being unlucky enough to still have standard animations in TYOOL 2019.

- - - Updated - - -

At least they gave him a buff, which'll make him more appealing.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    He ugly tho

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Fionn doesn't deserve this treatment DW
    this event is written by Kinoko so it's canon.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Unironically loving fionn's gameplay rn

- - - Updated - - -

best pharaoh, best hitokiri

In their respective slot should anyone need them
    I haz a patreon please support onegai
    Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Fionn shows why it is hard to insert him into serious narrative in this event. Unlike Holmes who like to keep info to himself and only reveal everything when he has discovered the truth, Fionn goes straight to the point, sharing information while giving good advice on what to do to MC. However, he does it with tact so MC still have the initiative, and it fits his role as the subordinate of the High King.

In terms of gameplay, I can clear the hot springs in three turns with him, so the real problem is writers narrating him has trouble on how to use him.

At least for this event by Nasu, Fionn is shining and we can see his good qualities from his myth.

Fionn has always been funny in his FGO appearances, it's just that in this event he also shows at last that he is very witty and skilled. Which is great because that's what he should be.

Also he can clear hands now as far I tried. There are even people joking about the new Fionn system of farming other than the Skadi-Dantes system.
    Last edited by yokushi; January 3rd, 2019 at 09:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Fionn has always been funny in his FGO appareances, it's just that in this event he also shows at last that he is very witty and skilled. Which is great because that's what he should be.

Also he can clear hands now as far I tried. There are even people joking about the new Fionn system of farming other than the Skadi-Dantes system.
    Of course he can. The news skills works well together and my only problem was wasting his character in previous events. This one is great.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Of course he can. The news skills works well together and my only problem was wasting his character in previous events. This one is great.
    I said it because there were people in the previous page saying he cannot, being that incorrect.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So I did that Gacha bag thing, what do I do with a Dupe QSH?
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiakiKakumei View Post
    So I did that Gacha bag thing, what do I do with a Dupe QSH?
    Gold Prism?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is the No Face enemy Chaotic Evil? Might just use Benienma with an Arts+Invincible Pierce CE to make it easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Is the No Face enemy Chaotic Evil? Might just use Benienma with an Arts+Invincible Pierce CE to make it easier.
    I think so, but Rama makes short work of it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, if I have to choose between NP1 Rama and NP1 Benienma, I'll take the latter. Also, forgot about the Altera Sweet Crystal CE, so I'll just use that.
    Last edited by Trubo; January 3rd, 2019 at 10:34 PM.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    I dunno. Seems Rama do more damage though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If Rama outdamages Benienma, then it'd have to be a combination of No Face being Earth + Benienma NP not benefiting from both Chaotic and Evil bonuses.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If Rama outdamages Benienma, then it'd have to be a combination of No Face being Earth + Benienma NP not benefiting from both Chaotic and Evil bonuses.
    I guess. The irritating buffs can be dealt with using the pierce CEs.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    I somehow managed first try with just Benienma using the event CE, plus a pair of Wavers (and a little help from Suzuka when one of the Wavers died). I managed to miss the part about invul pierce, so that caught me by surprise, and I almost thought I was gonna lose. Thankfully, you only need to take down two HP bars and that's it.

No Face cleared. Thank you, based Saber Shiki and her 5k heal + debuff clear on NP usage.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, 500k renovation points is the max we can get... for now, huh. That means I need another 9 days more to get all the reward.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, gonna be farming the bell node for now. Maybe it will drop me a few more bells. I need a lot for my newly lvl 100-ed Consort Yu.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    cleared Nue fight with Mashu, Andersen and guest Beni-chan.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Thinking of who to gold Fou next, possibly going for BB.