Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    My only issue with this theory is that it basically guarantees Karna relevance and I just want a fucking Indian that is NOT Karna to have relevance this chapter.
    Why would you expect Karna NOT be relevant tho? He's the one foresshadowing Kalki and so on in Extella and happened to be the one guy who has the exact tool to kill ancient gods. Heck even if he is not in the LB himself, Chaldea's most logical move is to go there with at least an Indian servant who will be at the very least familiar with the Indian culture, and we had 3 candidates. Rama probably fits more in the role of a LB king in my view and Arjuna's role is probably gonna be filled with that Berserker. Remember that in LB3 we asked a very powerful Chinese servant to accompany us. I think the most obvious move would be doing the same.

Sure I hope the chapter will subvert my expectations (in the GOOD way), so I'm open for any great ideas and new Indian servants. But as we've seen from previous 3 LBs, chance is that we're gonna go with mostly old cast on Chaldea side and some new faces on the enemy side.
    Last edited by Lily Emilio; May 31st, 2019 at 03:33 AM.

https://news.fate-go.jp/2019/0531jftcv/

Yggrasil seed, snake jewels and VOID DUST.

Master of Procrastination Fujiri's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dust. Hurray!

Blog Entries
    Dust is good stuff.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    Books time

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Why would you expect Karna NOT be relevant tho? He's the one foresshadowing Kalki and so on in Extella and happened to be the one guy who has the exact tool to kill ancient gods. Heck even if he is not in the LB himself, Chaldea's most logical move is to go there with at least an Indian servant who will be at the very least familiar with the Indian culture, and we had 3 candidates. Rama probably fits more in the role of a LB king in my view and Arjuna's role is probably gonna be filled with that Berserker. Remember that in LB3 we asked a very powerful Chinese servant to accompany us. I think the most obvious move would be doing the same.

Sure I hope the chapter will subvert my expectations (in the GOOD way), so I'm open for any great ideas and new Indian servants. But as we've seen from previous 3 LBs, chance is that we're gonna go with mostly old cast on Chaldea side and some new faces on the enemy side.
    I didn't say I expect him not to be relevant, but Rama and Arjuna (especially Rama) haven't had much to do since America and I want Arjuna to have development that's not related to Karna for once, which with his presence will automatically happen.

There's also the issue that most of our allies or even some the servants present tend not to have anything to do with the location in question so hoping for all three of them to have a role is already hard enough to imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Karna's role in most of the stories he's appeared in I'd to be the overly loyal Antagonist to the heroes. And I'm not sure if they won't just repeat that yet again.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I didn't say I expect him not to be relevant, but Rama and Arjuna (especially Rama) haven't had much to do since America and I want Arjuna to have development that's not related to Karna for once, which with his presence will automatically happen.

There's also the issue that most of our allies or even some the servants present tend not to have anything to do with the location in question so hoping for all three of them to have a role is already hard enough to imagine.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Karna's role in most of the stories he's appeared in I'd to be the overly loyal Antagonist to the heroes. And I'm not sure if they won't just repeat that yet again.
    because having OP character as ally is boring/predictable (hard to make it interesting).

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Just pull the usual strat and have Karna job. Easy. But, make it a jobbing that he could possibly come away from, so there's room for growth/etc. One possible avenue.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    because having OP character as ally is boring/predictable (hard to make it interesting).
    Which is why I don't want him there at all. Either he does the typical antagonist jobbing he always does or he steamrolls our competition

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Just pull the usual strat and have Karna job. Easy. But, make it a jobbing that he could possibly come away from, so there's room for growth/etc. One possible avenue.
    Who could he possibly job to that would achieve that

The first idea as usual would be to have a convenient counter to his wasabi or as murica singularity does, backstabbing when he lose his armor while using wasabi.......any other idea? xD

Indian definitely has no shortage of strong heroes / servants / devas

If anything, Arjuna and Karna are like low/middle - tier at best if you look at Indian Mythology

They are? God. But yeah, I'd love to see Karna again, he's really cool and a good guy.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    inb4 plot twist where kjarna doesn job and totally rulez instead

- - - Updated - - -

say the jobbing only inevitably happens meta wise because someone as strong as karna needs a plot nerf right

if in lb4 he is surrounded by the same powerhorses as he is then logically shouldnt the plot need for him to job kinda really weakens

is what i think
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Inb4 we go to indian LB with Karna ready to fuck up all the bitches, and around the first corner is a couple of beggers who ask for his armor and spear, and Guda,being the goody-two shoes that he is,cant bring himself to stop him

Alternatively its a text choice and refusing gets Karna cursed(nerfed)

JP Friend Code
    So you're saying Jing Ke, Nezha and later on Red Hare and Chengong were not Chinese.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    Define OP, because if you compare those like Karna or Arjuna to a bunch of other Indian figures they're not...so OP. Especially considering this LB might have some of the Hindu gods or demons involved.

Blog Entries
    I'm going to laugh my head off when they introduce Jinako as Ganesha.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Ganesha-Jinako or Sita are gonna be our "main" ally this chapter. My guess is Sita, since Jinako would be full meme, but hey, if that cube is the Moon Cell after all, then who knows?
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Or maybe give us Kalki as main ally as we aid him in destroying the 2.4 India which is trapped in a loop of birth and destruction thanks to the Crypter and the boss of the area.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Or maybe give us Kalki as main ally as we aid him in destroying the 2.4 India which is trapped in a loop of birth and destruction thanks to the Crypter and the boss of the area.
    Nah Saver will show up with Chakravartin and nuke the entire thing, welcoming all of the poor souls trapped in the samsara to nirvana.

JP Friend Code
    There is a trick to how to make Karna not to job - not bringing him as a lancer.