Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Having an event is better than having NOTHING because by then I usually just login, farm some doors and logout. Its very boring

At least with an event I can play 30 minutes a pop for x times in a day, its easy and more rewarding

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    I mean, I don't get how people can grind in MMOs all day and still do it the next day after doing it for 6 years straight.
    I farmed old rep in WoW recently while listening to people playing D&D for 8 hours total
    Or maybe I listened to people playing D&D while farming rep in WoW

Maybe it was a mutual benefit thing

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Have you tried grinding MMO's with other people? Sharing pain and laughter over voicechat? That extends the playability of content exponentially.

Have you tried helping newbies grind and guiding them through the process? Seeing and watching how they figure out the ins and outs of their class/job and progress? I have helped people and have been guided through the game. Honestly, I'll take fourteen hours in MMO doing random shit over an hour in FGO/GBF/AL/GF/whatever else mobage there is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I'm also grinding Atlantica Online atm, it's a really old Korean MMO that I've been playing for the past 12 years. The grind is really ridiculous especially at my level, but I still grind a lot and do events/daily activities since I have 3 friends and my younger brother playing with me.

Meanwhile I literally can't talk about FGO with anyone except for a few I met here or reddit/discord.
    As a person who plays games solo, I can definitely say that I haven't tried grinding with friends. Plus, anything's fun with friends. Even garbage like Borderlands where the gameplay is actual ass if you just played solo.

That being said, I am always a firm believer that the core gameplay loop needs to be strong enough that you don't need to force "fun with friends" into the equation. And grinding 500 bear arses to give to a quest giver or smashing 10k enemies to get that one boost in your weapon doesn't sound fun. In fact, it's never fun. I think it's fun to do raids in a group the first or second time around and getting that win but once you're just running raids back-to-back and mindlessly doing it all for that 1% drop chance of your class' equipment, it stops being fun. I haven't played it in a long while but Warframe is the epitome of "not fun" in the mean time. You're putting like 300% effort for 10% reward. I hate having to grind ceaselessly for a single mod I haven't gotten to drop. I hate having to beat the RNG pool two times when it comes to getting specific relics and it's rewards. They have "pay to skip" but if you're paying to skip the grind, then it's probably for the best that you just remove the dumb grind altogether.

In that aspect, I at least have fun with FGO. The gameplay is not so stale that I'm doing the exact same bullshit over and over even if the entire battle scene's the same (well, until I build a 3-turn wave clearing team) and I'm not sitting down doing it for hours on end and come out like I actually haven't progressed a single bit. And I steer clear from farming free quests for that exact reason alone. So that I maintain my sanity levels and not let the game grow mindnumbingly boring for me.

I really wish there's an MMO that's not about the grind and all about the gameplay. Maybe there actually is and I don't know about it. Or maybe it's just that people don't know how to retain players without an incessant grindwall in front of them to keep them out of new shiny goods.

EDIT: Oh, I wouldn't call what I'm doing as "helping" as it is more "handholding" but I'm definitely trying to aid someone who has a difficult time in FGO right now. Over the internet so there's no real-time walking through things with her. And I must say, planning things on this end so that she can have a smoother play experience is great since it's like playing on a smurf account. But, I definitely need to try and not handhold her too much otherwise she wouldn't grow as an FGO player.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I farmed old rep in WoW recently while listening to people playing D&D for 8 hours total

At least listening to people playing D&D is like listening to a potentially exciting story unfold. As long as both the DM and the players aren't total straight-laces.
    Last edited by manafusion; July 15th, 2019 at 09:15 PM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

I really wish there's an MMO that's not about the grind and all about the gameplay. Maybe there actually is and I don't know about it. Or maybe it's just that people don't know how to retain players without an incessant grindwall in front of them to keep them out of new shiny goods.
    You mean like Overwatch, PUBG, Fortnite, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    You mean like Overwatch, PUBG, Fortnite, etc?
    They're... MMOs? Fortnite, PUBG and Apex Legends are battle royales. Overwatch is basically a team-based objective game. Note the clear lack of MMO in their definition.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Marros's Avatar
    They're... MMOs? Fortnite, PUBG and Apex Legends are battle royales. Overwatch is basically a team-based objective game. Note the clear lack of MMO in their definition.
    They are Massive, Multiplayer, and Online, yes. I'll grant you they aren't RPGs, but they are "MMO"

JP Friend Code
    lmao you guys actually play mmorpgs instead of using them as chatrooms and dress up simulators? 🤣🤣🤣

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    lmao you guys actually play mmorpgs instead of using them as chatrooms and dress up simulators? 藍藍藍
    Can I really rock my crazy dark cultist look without having "<Name> the Insane" floating above my head?
    Last edited by Zork Knight; July 15th, 2019 at 10:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Might be a little late, but isn't that renewal a little too long?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No? Summer 3 was 3 weeks long originally, now it's 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    Can I really rock my crazy dark cultist look without having "<Name> the Insane" floating above my head?
    I don't care about title that much as long as I have Azzinoth on my back.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    No? Summer 3 was 3 weeks long originally, now it's 2.
    Okay, but still feels like sloppy work on DW's side.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    lmao you guys actually play mmorpgs instead of using them as chatrooms and dress up simulators? 🤣🤣🤣
    Gotta play to have access to best glamour /shrug

So, I decided to make a list to see which Servants the Immature Illusionary Command Seal Command Code would be most effective on. It contains all 5* Servants except the Alter Egos, plus the 4* Servants Chloe, Ruler Martha, Herc, BB, and Jerker.
    Spoiler:
    Single Arts:
    Ereshkigal: 3.24%
    King Hassan: 3%
    Enkidu: 2.65%
    Miyamoto Musashi: 2.61%
    Martha (Ruler): 2.28%
    Kama: 2.22%
    Altria Pendragon (Lancer): 2.2%
    Okita Souji: 2.18%
    Karna: 2.16%
    Hijikata Toshizou: 2.16%
    Brynhild: 2.14%
    Jack: 2.14%
    Heracles: 2.14%
    Mysterious Heroine X (Alter): 2.14%
    Scáthach: 2.13%
    Cleopatra: 2.12%
    Tamamo-no-Mae (Lancer): 2.1%
    Jeanne d'Arc (Berserker Alter): 2.08%
    Cú Chulainn (Alter): 2.07%
    Sakata Kintoki: 2.06%
    Xiang Yu: 2.04%
    Arjuna (Alter): 1.96%
    Demon King Nobunaga: 1.96%
    Edmond Dantès: 1.24%

Double Arts:
    Reines: 2.56%
    Nero Claudius (Caster): 2.4%
    Chloe von Einzbern: 2.28%
    Sherlock Holmes: 2.28%
    Nero Claudius (Bride): 2.1%
    Scáthach-Skaði: 2.01%
    Li Shuwen (Assassin): 1.98%
    Katsushika Oui: 1.98%
    Shi Huang Di: 1.88%
    Sigurd: 1.86%
    Ivan the Terrible: 1.86%
    Minamoto-no-Raikou: 1.84%
    BB: 1.83%
    BB (Summer): 1.83%
    Ishtar: 1.8%
    Quetzalcoatl: 1.8%
    Murasaki Shikibu: 1.8%
    Altria Pendragon (Archer): 1.77%
    Napoleon: 1.77%
    Ozymandias: 1.77%
    Altria Pendragon (Rider Alter): 1.77%
    Nikola Tesla: 1.74%
    Altria Pendragon: 1.72%
    Medb: 1.72%
    Iskandar: 1.72%
    Amakusa Shirou: 1.72%
    Achilles: 1.71%
    Gilgamesh: 1.7%
    Altera: 1.68%
    Mordred: 1.68%
    Ryougi Shiki (Saber): 1.68%
    Arthur Pendragon: 1.68%
    Benienma: 1.68%
    Francis Drake: 1.68%
    Osakabehime: 1.66%
    Jeanne d'Arc (Alter): 1.66%
    Shuten-Douji: 1.65%
    Mysterious Heroine X: 1.62%
    Florence Nightingale: 1.54%
    Bradamante: 1.4%
    Jeanne d'Arc (Archer): 1.36%
    Orion: 1%
    Vlad III: 1%

Triple Arts:
    Lord El-Melloi II: 1.64%
    Xuanzang Sanzang: 1.64%
    Leonardo da Vinci: 1.62%
    Merlin: 1.62%
    Tamamo-no-Mae: 1.6%
    Illyasviel von Einzbern: 1.6%
    Semiramis: 1.56%
    Arjuna: 1.53%
    Scheherazade: 1.53%
    Anastasia: 1.53%
    James Moriarty: 1.52%
    Jeanne d'Arc: 1.52%
    Abigail Williams: 1.5%
    Ganesha: 1.4%
    Last edited by Geistalt; January 3rd, 2020 at 05:45 PM.
    It looks like it's time to operate, Doctor-style. Because Doctor is my first name; not because I'm a doctor.

because I'm not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I’m not a mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    im an admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Raylen Cypher View Post
    so you admin to playing with sock puppets

Quote Originally Posted by Marros View Post
    They are Massive, Multiplayer, and Online, yes. I'll grant you they aren't RPGs, but they are "MMO"
    Not sure if trolling or you just don't know but there's also MOs, for Multiplayer Online. The difference is in the "massive" part and that doesn't mean playerbase but the scale. Massive as in, a static non-instance non-hub area can and will be able to handle hundreds and more of concurrent players where people are free to enter and exit at will. Having an instance, like how Overwatch, PUBG, Fortnite, PSO2 (yes, PSO2 is not an MMO but an MO or how they prefer to just be called "Online Action RPG") and the such, immediately disqualifies them from it. An MMO can have instances, yes. But a game where instances is it's main gameplay zones cannot be considered an MMO.

But please, don't deconstruct the term MMO into parts, I see what you're doing and no it doesn't work that way. That would mean that CoD is an MMO. That would mean that Battlefield is an MMO. That would mean every single online multiplayer game is an MMO! *gasp* /s
    Last edited by manafusion; July 16th, 2019 at 12:51 AM.

US Friend Code

I've played both WoW and FGO doing this. Actually I straight up can't play an MMO without it or some other thing keeping my attention anymore, unless I'm doing story quests. FGO on the other hand is played in short enough bursts that it doesn't feel grindy to me (though it helps that my goal with events is always just maxing the event Servant, never clearing the shop).

Blog Entries
    Ah, you Netflix people making 12-minute content last half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Ah, you Netflix people making 12-minute content last half an hour.
    There're people like that? Thank god I don't know any.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Anyone happen to remember who Nasu's first NP6+ was? Want to say that it was Drake thanks to a GSSR, but can't find the comment off hand. Think someone quoted a part from Nasu's blog at the time for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Drake. But why.