Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Thanks. I guess they really want you to buy the dices in the shop.
    At the beginning simply use the white dices, you really don't care where you land at this point.

Once you start fully clearing squares, you'll probably want to use the red and blue dices alongside the white ones to make sure you evade empty squares, which you'll probably have a few if you have been farming, so you can still do it without buying them from the shop.

When most of the board is cleared, this is where you use the gold dices so you don't rely on RNG. The gold ones very rarely drop in some nodes, so this is where you'll probably have to hit the shop. You'll end up using most of them, so I recommend you wait for the better gold currency node to unlock tomorrow if you're at that point to optimize your AP usage.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh and if you don't care to clear them all and just want certain materials, the pictures on the squares are all actually representation of the materials you get on that square so you don't have to try and remember and find which square you need.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

US Friend Code

Izanagi's spear was the one that sealed Oryu?

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    You know i was actually fine and actually enjoyed the monopoly board gimmick, but wasting 6 dice by getting 6 consecutive 5s that sends me back to square 11 really sours that

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Izanagi's spear was the one that sealed Oryu?
    Until 3 days ago, yes, it was.

Izanagi's spear is Ame-no-nuhoko. After the first battle with Erice, we speculate on her powerset and wonder if her spear is Ame-no-nuhoko. Blade copy expert Emiya "Nah, that's a shitty copy, if were the real deal we wouldn't have won".

But as we know, Erice's NP is Ame-no-sakahoko. Ame-no-sakahoko is a local landmark of
    where I'm living
    Kagoshima
    . This bizarre spear stabbed to the ground on a random mountain.

The story the Kagoshima and Miyazaki locals assigned to it is that this is the actual Ame-no-nuhoko that the gods just left there after they were done with it. The rest of Japan called bullshit on that saying the place of Japan's creation is mapped to Hyougo, so this was settled but naming the cryptic spear "Ame-no-sakahoko" so the locals can't say it's another name for Ame-no-nuhoko and the non-locals can not buy it.

Ame-no-sakahoko has no myth about it besides "I'm telling you guys, this really is Ame-no-nuhoko" but it does have a non-mythological story attached to it. When Sakamoto Ryouma came here for his honeymoon, he and his wife visited Mt. Takachiho and the absolute madman simply pulled the spear out of the stone. In the Type-Moon version of this story, the spear was sealing this ungodly serpent and Ryouma gained a second wife in the middle of his honeymoon. Cue the now refuted implications that Oryou was some monster snake that ruled pre-Japan Japan until it was put down by Izanagi and Izanami when making the country.

Basically, until 3 days, we had no reason to believe Ame-no-sakahoko was not Ame-no-nuhoko, so we thought Oryou was indeed sealed by Izanagi's spear. But now we know Sakahoko is actually a much inferior copy being used by Erice. Sakahoko not being Nuhoko raises a lot of questions about who and how it was made, but with Oryou being a character we can at least take a pretty good guess on why it was made.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Sakahoko not being Nuhoko raises a lot of questions about who and how it was made, but with Oryou being a character we can at least take a pretty good guess on why it was made.
    It might be due to the connection to Shugendou. Because according to Pepe's Buddhism school, Izanagi's spear is syncretized with the Vajra, the weapon to repel the Tenmas, and also acts as an evil-sealing artifact. So the Sakahoko might have also been made with that concept in mind. Afterall, if the true Nuhoko can seal demon kings, this one being able to seal Oryou probably caused people to confuse it with the real thing.

I have a secret that I haven't told you... Huitante's Avatar
    I like the board game format too, it's p cute. But must be annoying for the players who want to speed clear
    We've had to endure much, you and I, but within the week there will be old men running the world

OLD MEN ARE THE FUTURE

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarw View Post
    Was thinking of dragging it out to see the dialogue, but you can read all of them after event end.
    It's not just dialogue, there's puzzle fights, rare opportunity to play a game in this garbage visual novel cookie clicker. Imagine speedrunning through it, that's like basically the same thing as admitting you crypto-hate FGO.

So, what content did I rob myself of by accidentally killing Waver when I didn't mean to? I got up to:
    1) Penthesilea vs. Achilles
    2) Charlotte vs. Atalante and Jason (Invincible for 5 turns)
    3) Altera vs. Caligula, Caesar, and Romulus (taunt)
    4) Arash vs. Leonidas (he has some special buff, presumably NP immunity, and def down)
    5) Darius vs. Iskandar and Waver
    And then there's four more after it. What even happens when you lose three times, does it reset? Does a spectral hand crawl up from the phone and drag your soul into the shadow realm?

Blog Entries
    Jason's invincible for five turns or until Atalante is dead whichever comes first.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    What JST the next story come out?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by R.Lock View Post
    Jason's invincible for five turns or until Atalante is dead whichever comes first.
    You can just go through his invincibility with Charlotte' second skill and kill him first, which is what I did.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    What JST the next story come out?
    6PM JST.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    It's not just dialogue, there's puzzle fights, rare opportunity to play a game in this garbage visual novel cookie clicker. Imagine speedrunning through it, that's like basically the same thing as admitting you crypto-hate FGO.
    I dunno, I think constantly calling it garbage is a better admission to "crypto-hating" it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just beat Atalante first because she the more dangerous of the 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I wish they were harder, you basically have to try to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Or at least make it the best 5/9.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I just beat Atalante first because she the more dangerous of the 2.
    Yeah, same. Like why wouldn't I attack the archer with the three tick NP bar? And Corday has break invul if you really want to attack Jason first so there is literally no issue.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I wish they were harder, you basically have to try to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Or at least make it the best 5/9.
    dont make fun of me i didnt win the first round

i'm still mad at chiron killing jeanne with insta death

Quote Originally Posted by jennajayfeather View Post
    dont make fun of me i didnt win the first round

i'm still mad at chiron killing jeanne with insta death
    It's okay, I lost the Charlotte fight. I tried going for Atalanta first but RNG wasn't on my side and I did not get the crits like I wanted to.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    And then there's four more after it. What even happens when you lose three times, does it reset? Does a spectral hand crawl up from the phone and drag your soul into the shadow realm?
    You lose this game and the next part of the story changes. Then, after beating the story, you'll be able to replay ORBAT CLASH to see what happens in the other version of the story.