Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Kama hungers for battle, I'll show this loser who the real Beautiful Beast is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    While I'm sure nobody was actually surprised, what's the excuse for making this mass-murdering insane cult maniac into a summonable Servant?

- - - Updated - - -

Douman, I mean.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    seimei rivalnvm
    Last edited by Kamera; December 5th, 2020 at 02:20 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    While I'm sure nobody was actually surprised, what's the excuse for making this mass-murdering insane cult maniac into a summonable Servant?

Douman, I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douman's profile
    The Alter Ego Ashiya Douman summoned to Chaldea behaves as if they doesn't remember a thing about their actions as the alien god's servant, or their multiple confrontations against Chaldea.
    When asked why they were summoned as an Alter Ego with multiple powers that the living Ashiya Douman couldn't possible have, their answer is "I do not have the faintest idea".

This is untrue.
    Obviously.

They are, without a doubt, summoned to Chaldea with the records of the Alter Ego Limbo who fought against Chaldea, the Douman who attempted to shine as a dark sun.
    Why did it come to this? Due to an unexpected consequence of them tying their fate to Chaldea? The choice of the Pan-Human History, who takes power without questioning where it comes from? Or perhaps due to Alter Ego Ashiya Douman wishing for it to happen? (Note: there's nothing confirming that the Heroic Spirit's wills have any influence on them being summoned or manifested)
    He's playing dumb and we respond by playing dumb back.

...Of course we are.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    I mean, we kept Kiara around, no point discriminating at this point

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hey now, just because one instance of Being X was a psycho murderer doesn't mean the next instance of Being X is also a psycho murderer!

And if they are, just beat them up until they drop mats.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who claims such actions are barbaric has a locker with their name on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    thirsty boi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    wait what? this is absurd why

- - - Updated - - -

i mean if you cant balance then going off the deep end is actually correct decision, it would be more fun than the alternative
    but still

maybe its his sneaky strategy - release a bunch of busted servants to justify memelin buff
    Release a bunch of busted Servants to justify Memelin buff and justify giving older Servants incremental buffs so the audience gets appeased by "free quartz". It's a cycle.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    thirsty boi
    Iirc Kiyohime's 9th bond gem has so many points required that it makes her end up having as many total as everybody else. This suggests to me she's fully aware you're not Anchin and just wants you to play along.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup:
    1,090,000 1,230,000 1,360,000 1,500,000 1,640,000 = 8,150,000 total.

Meanwhile, Mata Hari needs 7,840,000
    Jason needs 7,965,000

Medea needs 8,197,000
    Tristan needs 8,385,000

- - - Updated - - -

Angra needs 8,370,000
    Artoria and Tamamo need 8,460,000
    Zhuge needs 8,515,000

I'm noticing a correlation with rarity, for sure. Being 3*, Kiyo is just average.
    Last edited by Ratman; December 5th, 2020 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    I mean, we kept Kiara around, no point discriminating at this point
    As far as Guda knows, Kiara's only victims were the people on the oil rig, and that was at least halfway Zepar's fault. There are better examples.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    Iirc Kiyohime's 9th bond gem has so many points required that it makes her end up having as many total as everybody else. This suggests to me she's fully aware you're not Anchin and just wants you to play along.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup:
    1,090,000 1,230,000 1,360,000 1,500,000 1,640,000 = 8,150,000 total.

Meanwhile, Mata Hari needs 7,840,000
    Jason needs 7,965,000

Medea needs 8,197,000
    Tristan needs 8,385,000

- - - Updated - - -

Angra needs 8,370,000
    Artoria and Tamamo need 8,460,000
    Zhuge needs 8,515,000

I'm noticing a correlation with rarity, for sure. Being 3*, Kiyo is just average.
    Don't bronze Servants end up giving gold apples instead of quartz? That's probably why.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    As far as Guda knows, Kiara's only victims were the people on the oil rig, and that was at least halfway Zepar's fault. There are better examples.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't bronze Servants end up giving gold apples instead of quartz? That's probably why.
    The fact that they're the "only victims" doesn't change the fact that Guda knows she was going to use the world as a sex toy and that whatever corruption she had prior to being summoned she absolutely still has it since her personality is still different from the therapist her from from the flashback

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    thirsty boi
    Since his loyalty and affection towards us is in question (and there's the whole thing about him hating humanity) it could kind of be for show

The fact that they're the "only victims" doesn't change the fact that Guda knows she was going to use the world as a sex toy and that whatever corruption she had prior to being summoned she absolutely still has it since her personality is still different from the therapist her from from the flashback

- - - Updated - - -

Since his loyalty and affection towards us is in question (and there's the whole thing about him hating humanity) it could kind of be for show
    Again, that was CCC Kiara. This one just wanted to become one with the Earth or something.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

I vaguely remember something about her wanting to use the earth to make her feel good, but admittedly it's been a while since CCC

Blog Entries
    I vaguely remember something about her wanting to use the earth to make her feel good, but admittedly it's been a while since CCC
    I think Kiara sees herself as human and others as insect, so she can qualify for beast since she love humans, which she categorize as herself. I guess she joined Chaldea since she can't feel good if her dildo manufacturer is gone.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    FGO Kiara wanted to be planet's g-spot and I am not even kidding.

So it all comes down to horniness

For those that have some problems the big Oni fight, keep in mind you don't really need Castoria to deal with her NP. Play around with Buff Block, stun, NP drain and NP seal to be able to take on her. I managed to survive quite a lot of time with my front party with this. Also I think Defense Up and Damage Cut can help take on the damage too, she doesn't seem to be able to pierce defense. Lanling is a great Servant to use on her for my experience, specially if you've been blessed with multiple copies of him to increase the effect of the damage cut. Fujino is also really good too with her Damage Cut and her Buff Block on her NP plus class advantage, probably one of the best Archers to deal with her (apart from using crit bombs from Super Orion to easily finish the 1.4M HP bar).

To handle that annoying gimmick that instantly wipes your party on second break bar, she doesn't remove her own debuffs when it happens so you can still prevent her from using her NP immediately afterwards with stun or NP seal. And for the invincibility, the usual invincibility CE should easily let you bypass it, but if you have Servants that already have their own one like I had with Dioscuri then use them.

Frankly, I used Dioscuri + Lanling + support Grailed Asclepius and I was surprised how well it went. I had my front party eventually killed of course, but I already reached to last bar and her health was low enough when they died that my back party could easily clear it.
    Last edited by Oz1337; December 5th, 2020 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    i mean if you cant balance then going off the deep end is actually correct decision, it would be more fun than the alternative
    but still
    Eh, it's correct for the short term, but not the long term. Like, why roll for Busters now? Why roll for any support that isn't, at minimum, at Casturia's level? Hell, one could even argue why pull for anything now that isn't strictly superior to what's currently available? With how stupid Casturia made the powercreep it's even tougher for them to try to market units on niches too.

Arts definitely needed a boost, but there's zero reason she needed super special broken invulnerability. Normal invulnerability would've sufficed, would still be the best support (possibly unit as a whole) in the game. And they wouldn't be hamstrung by her for designing challenging content. But now? I can't even get excited by new units anymore if they aren't Arts, and even then they need to surpass Rider Mordred/Sitonai/Nero Bride/Vlad/Sieg.

Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Release a bunch of busted Servants to justify Memelin buff and justify giving older Servants incremental buffs so the audience gets appeased by "free quartz". It's a cycle.
    And unsustainable. Not without upgrading basically a Servant every week.

This is a waifu/husbando game ultimately, even if Arts is the best thing right now I can guarantee that people will still roll for Quick or Buster Servants if they like said Servant. Casual players don't really care that much about gameplay in the end, they only care about using their favourite Servants in any content, and I'm pretty sure the casual players are the most dominant part in this game.

Frankly the best approach DW can do right now is to ignore the fact that Castoria exists and make the game without taking her into account. If they try to balance or adjust things according to her then they will lose complete control on the game's balance because there's really no Servant that can pull off the same things Castoria can do by herself. Of course they could decide to nerf her, but this isn't a PvP game so a character being broken doesn't affect other player's experiences so this isn't going to happen.

In my case, as hard as it is to find a Caster support that isn't her nowadays (fortunately people like manafusion still put other Casters with proper CEs, thanks for your Merlin with 2030 CE btw), I decided to never use Castoria unless it's for farming, since it was making things too easy. I'm aware that this isn't a solution at all and that if I had to purposely not pick a Servant to make the game fun then there's an issue with balance here, but since DW isn't going to do anything about it, that's the only choice I'm left with unfortunately.