Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Marros's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Solomon, Merlin, and Gilgamesh are Grand Caster Candidates
    Is Gil though? I know he's got Clairvoyance EX, and all Grand Caster Candidates have Clairvoyance EX, But I thought he wasn't enough of a mage otherwise to qualify.

He's the Rectangle that isn't a square, so to speak.

Didn't an interlude (forget if his Caster version, Archer version, or someone else like Merlin's) specifically state he was a candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Idk when they did but it looks like appmedia retooled their rating system again and it's really stupid this time. Just giving 2 rating categories is way worse than what they had previously.

Also as an aside, rating Tamamo a D for farming is ludicrously stupid. She can definitely juice up Arts looping quite well so the bottom rating doesn't make sense. Like Jeanne is a D which makes sense but if she's a D how can Sigurd, Iskandar, and Cu Alter be As?
    Cu Alter is an A because not only he is the Berserker with the second highest survivability with Heracles obviously being the best, his NP is now upgraded and removes all defensive buffs before damage. This last effect is honestly really good, so many bosses that spam dodge/invincibility/defense/damage cut get screwed by this (not looking forward to fight a boss version of Cu Alter that has that upgrade). Having Guts + 2 times dodge with no duration is also just downright ridiculous, it helps a lot when you don't have to worry about your Berserker dying. And I wouldn't be surprised if Appmedia took the fact that nowadays Koyanskaya exists in the equation too. I still hope they give him a damage buff in one of his skills just so his damage is higher for his normal cards without relying on supports, but I would definitely pick him over a lot of Berserkers in this game for a lot of CQs. The only reason I don't use him anymore is because I just like using Godjuna a lot more, not because he's no longer good for today's content.

Iskandar though, no. His kit is barebones tbh. You pretty much have to carry him in CQs if he's your main damage dealer, as he has no survival and none of his skills help him deal with any gimmick whatsoever, he can only buff his damage which IMO doesn't help him that much for the content he's meant for. I'm pretty sure they will eventually give him a 50% NP charge so he can farm and just call it a day for him. Sigurd can be good maybe against dragons, specially if he has class advantage, but as far as ST Sabers go there's better options nowadays IMO, and that cooldown in his Mana Burst skill is horrendous and needs to be given a cooldown reduction buff, 9-7 because of the Guts is dumb when the Buster Up only lasts one turn, and the Guts has 3 turn duration, ffs at least give it 5 turn.

Tamamo is D for farming probably because if people is going to pick between Castoria or Tamamo, 10 out of 10 times they will pick Castoria, then just put Paracelsus/Asclepius/Helena for less party cost. It's a case of a unit being so broken on what she does that using something else for Arts farming is just gimping yourself on purpose, specially when you are never going to find an occassion in which there's no Castoria in the support list. I wouldn't put her at D rank though, she still can be used for farming if you have her.

Quote Originally Posted by madarra View Post
    I wonder how hard it would be to add predictive NP usage. I mean the ability to select the NP card with less than 100 gauge and if you reach 100 before it, it works, and if you fail because a arts card didnt crit or something the NP card is just wasted.

I assume it would redefine the entire meta...
    It's a feature I wish they would just add. Same for choosing the NP even if you're NP sealed. But I don't think they will add this feature here, probably in FGO2 if it happens.
    Last edited by Oz1337; December 3rd, 2021 at 06:05 PM.

Tbh though, I recommend you don't pay attention to Appmedia tier list. When Castoria appeared they pretty much rated almost all Arts units at the top, and I'm sorry to say, but if the whole reason you're going to put Vlad at the top is because you're always going to use him with double Castoria, I don't think this really means he's good, it just means that Castoria is so broken that it actually allows meh units to work.

Yeah, but Oz I mean that they have Cu Alter rated at an A for FARMING

Oh. I thought those three were for CQ stuff.

Errr, I suppose they are taking into account Koyanskaya/Oberon, but then again that pretty much applies to any Buster Servant at this point, so I guess it's the same issue with Castoria release, they just went crazy with Buster Servants because of those two. The day we get a Quick support similar to Castoria, which I'm sure it will happen, they will probably go crazy again and declare all Quick Servants to be better than others.
    Last edited by Oz1337; December 3rd, 2021 at 06:36 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Didn't an interlude (forget if his Caster version, Archer version, or someone else like Merlin's) specifically state he was a candidate?
    Don't think so, people just like to assume Gil's one.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Idk when they did but it looks like appmedia retooled their rating system again and it's really stupid this time. Just giving 2 rating categories is way worse than what they had previously.

Also as an aside, rating Tamamo a D for farming is ludicrously stupid. She can definitely juice up Arts looping quite well so the bottom rating doesn't make sense. Like Jeanne is a D which makes sense but if she's a D how can Sigurd, Iskandar, and Cu Alter be As?
    It makes more sense in context rather than just raw letter grades. The new evaluation criteria excludes Order Change and de-emphasizes system play, so Tamamo makes sense in D. Cu/Sigurd/Iskander's ranking sounds high, but it's reasonable when you look at what's below them.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I'm still holding out hope for Tamamo's NP Charge. As the only SSR Caster without it, it's the likeliest buff for her.

Blog Entries
    the right column is farming right? google translate is eating shit today for some reason

this is so stupid holy kek

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    More like "looping", and it doesn't necessarily mean for farming purpose (just np loop)
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I guess Kintoki is useful when farming node has single enemy wave.

With Koyanskaya and Oberon he pretty much turns any raid farming boss into a joke, even if you put a full Bond EXP team. I'm sure there's some video about the Guda Guda raid bosses with Kintoki showing his power.

More like "looping", and it doesn't necessarily mean for farming purpose (just np loop)
    周回 is what JP calls farming, because you literally "circle around" to the same node over and over. As opposed to 攻略 which is just "attack/capture" which has the implication of doing something once and you're done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    I guess Kintoki is useful when farming node has single enemy wave.
    Him, Kama, and Kintoki (Rider) are the best ones for those 90+ that have a single enemy in Wave 2 since they still do decent damage without being funneled direct damage buffs. Those with 30% batteries would be next but are trickier to use as your AoE Servant needs to be able to hit 100% without one of the 20% batteries offered by Saber Caster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Going with the full history of the term, 攻略 was originally a war term meaning conquering an enemy territory, and started being used frequently as a short for "the strategy used for 攻略". Later RPGs became a thing and this was the natural term to use for clearing a dungeon since medieval war settings were the genre standard in the early days, and as video game lingo evolved, clearing anything with a boss battle at the end could be called a 攻略. Incidentally, walkthroughs are also called 攻略 because of the aforementioned strategy angle of the word.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    周回 is what JP calls farming, because you literally "circle around" to the same node over and over
    so we farm nodes, while they are drifting in circles

naruhodo
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Gil was neither confirmed or deconfirmed as a Grand Caster candidate in Babylonia since it's worded so vaguely. I saw people talking about some pamphlet related to the Solomon movie confirming it in more concrete terms but as I haven't seen it I can't speak for its veracity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Repetition is much like going in a circle, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Waku Waku View Post
    It makes more sense in context rather than just raw letter grades. The new evaluation criteria excludes Order Change and de-emphasizes system play, so Tamamo makes sense in D. Cu/Sigurd/Iskander's ranking sounds high, but it's reasonable when you look at what's below them.
    Okay, so when you add the context of system play being de-emphasized and order change not being considered then I can understand why Tamamo's farming value would drop off as that is where she performs best. But I really can't see how that makes those other guys As when in practice I know that I'm about 100x more likely to use Tamamo for farming than fucking Cu Alter.

And the argument that it makes sense when you look at those below them doesn't really seem to hold much water either. Bradamante is placed at B rank, so below them, when she actually has loop potential and a targetable battery. She is infinitely more useful in a farming comp than those dudes.