Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Himiko = Gogh = Prurin > Bazett > Holmes > QSH in terms of what I'd want from this. Also happens to be the only one I don't have any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries

Dammit, Lasagne, I was taking a break from FGO.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    33% chance of Orion is too good to pass

It's going to be Summer Artoria innit

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Saber Archer is still pretty solid though. The only ones I'd say are bad at face value are:
    • Both ST and AoE Saber, as Bedivere and Gaius are solid free options for ST, with Jason being surprisingly decent for AoE. Also, the SSR Sabers require a ton of outside investment anyway.
    • ST/Support Rider, lol.
    • AoE Caster, none of them are gamebreaking or anything.

Meanwhile, the really good ones would be:
    • Both ST and AoE Archer, each option is pretty solid and isn't really crowded.
    • ST Lancer
    • ST/Support Caster
    • Both ST and AoE Berserker, with Hijikata and Raikou being the duds of each group.
    • Extra Support, though not something I'd recommend a new player or someone with limited to roster to pull from.
    • Extra Arts, with Moriarty Lily being the main dud keeping me away from it.
    • Extra Buster 1, with Abigail (Summer) being the dud there.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Saber Archer is still pretty solid though. The only ones I'd say are bad at face value are:
    • Both ST and AoE Saber, as Bedivere and Gaius are solid free options for ST, with Jason being surprisingly decent for AoE. Also, the SSR Sabers require a ton of outside investment anyway.
    • ST/Support Rider, lol.
    • AoE Caster, none of them are gamebreaking or anything.

Meanwhile, the really good ones would be:
    • Both ST and AoE Archer, each option is pretty solid and isn't really crowded.
    • ST Lancer
    • ST/Support Caster
    • Both ST and AoE Berserker, with Hijikata and Raikou being the duds of each group.
    • Extra Support, though not something I'd recommend a new player or someone with limited to roster to pull from.
    • Extra Arts, with Moriarty Lily being the main dud keeping me away from it.
    • Extra Buster 1, with Abigail (Summer) being the dud there.
    I think the ST Assassin is also a really good option. We don't have many great ST Assassins that can beat Kama or King Hassan. X being the only disappointment but she also comes with 4 upgrade quests and 2 other Interludes so that's 12 SQ + 3 from max ascension making her a 15 SQ dud, effectively writing off the banner price. And it brings her up to "alright" status.
    Last edited by manafusion; December 24th, 2022 at 10:21 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    Kanou did comment that LB7 will include many new mechanics per request from Nasu tho
    New mechanics doesn't mean QoL changes though, it just means the story will have some gimmicks that haven't appeared before.

I hate GSSRs. I never know what to pick. ST Berserker might be the safest option for me. I don't have Ecchan or Hijikata (not that I really want either that badly) so they would be new and a Kintoki dupe wouldn't be such a bad thing to get.

I'm rather torn, as none of them are jumping out as "safe" options. Every single one has at least one option I'd really hate to get.

ST Saber = This is honestly looking the safest, since the only "not want at all" is Sigurd, though I wouldn't be too happy with Musashi or Nero Bride (already have at NP2 or NP3). But Saber Astolfo is one of my few "chase" units that I don't have at all yet.

AoE Berserker = This is the only other one I'm really considering. Raikou is the only "oof" or "not at all" here, though Arjuna Alter is kind of a no-go now that Morgan is out and I have her at NP1. Wouldn't mind the other 4, though I feel like two being NP boosts and two being weak as hell at NP1 kind of leans it back towards the ST Saber option.

AoE Saber = Not a chance in hell, half that banner is in my "not at all" list.
    Archer = Don't want Moriarty at all and don't really care for Orion, guess AoE could be safe but not really feeling it in the slightest.
    Lancer = Hell no
    Rider = You keep that Reines away from me, she already ruined like 3 GSSR for me and don't care about the AoE ones
    Caster = Should I just laugh? I feel like I should just laugh
    Assassin = This one is almost tempting, but I know I wouldn't get Kama and wouldn't even consider any of the other options
    ST Berserker = Just... no
    Extra = Every single one of these has either no one I want or is littered with units I don't want at all, making them extremely dangerous to attempt. I feel like AoE Arts is the only half-way safe one, but I know I'd either end up with someone from the half of the banner I don't want. I suppose AoE Buster isn't too bad either, with its chance at getting an NP2 Arc.

Overall, this is a bad breakdown for me and I don't like it.

Wasn't expecting Goredolf to appear in a Santa Claus costume to give us quartz LOL.

Blog Entries
    Finally got Koyan... Thanks Santa.

I spent 600 sq on Ibuki, but she didn't come.

I hope I can get enough sq for Melusine and Morgan at least.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    New mechanics doesn't mean QoL changes though, it just means the story will have some gimmicks that haven't appeared before.
    I meant that the devs are occupied by Nasu's whims to updating QoL, so damn you eggplant

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Surely now that LB7 is coming out, 60fps update is out and they did the full screen np stuff already, we can have animation updates again right? Surely?

US Friend Code
    Yes and they will be starting with Quetz and Taiga

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just learned that finishing Traum is apparently not a prerequisite for Nahui Mictlan?

whose idea was that, because that is really fucking stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Wait how will the Moriarty Area 51 cliffhanger work then?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The same way that Big Chungus' stuff works.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    They're desperate to make the playerbase catch up, please understand

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Good thing the epilogue is the only thing that matters huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    You'll just be automatically spoiled on the ending of Traum, which is why it's stupid to skip in the first place. LB7 is permanent so there's 0 reason aside from wanting to make content based around the latest chapter/state of Chaldea for Lasengle to push people to skip anything, especially since it contradicts their addition of all the plot-relevant events to MI this year.