Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    No, in Gudaguda's case, it means "the listed Servants' backstories do not match up how history went in the Nasuverse" and in Prillya's case, it means "that's not how magecraft works".

- - - Updated - - -

Chaldea simply can summon people from weird alt-history Japan by the same logic it can summon a guy from that one weirdo timeline where King Arthur was male.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by dualblade View Post
    I thought the whole "non-canon" thing for Prillya and GudaGuda was more "you won't be seeing other stories set in these timelines" type of deals.

Cause apparently despite them being non-canon, they still interact with FGO as seen with the final Demon Pillar raid in Saloman.
    They're basically just alternate timelines. Nasu words it as "they're in their own settings" rather than outright calling it non-canon. By doing so, it feels like he's letting Keikenchi and Hiroyama do what they want but has different ideas for the things they're covering than they do. Like what Comun listed above. His response to Keikenchi's ideas for Oryou (and probably Izanami and Izanagi given Oryou's backstory) was "that's not how it is in this setting but I like it so go ahead", so he's essentially giving them their own sandboxes to write their stuff down, but by sectioning them off they aren't stepping on his own ideas for those concepts. I doubt we're going to see "Oda Nobunaga by Kinoko Nasu!" when Gudaguda Nobu is already well established in real life as The Fate Nobunaga, but it leaves that avenue open.

The most immediately noticeable difference at a glance is Ryouma's and Erice's Ame-no-Sakahokos looking and behaving completely differently.
    Last edited by Reign; March 12th, 2023 at 09:22 PM.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    They're basically just alternate timelines. Nasu words it as "they're in their own settings" rather than outright calling it non-canon. By doing so, it feels like he's letting Keikenchi and Hiroyama do what they want but has different ideas for the things they're covering than they do. Like what Comun listed above. His response to Keikenchi's ideas for Oryou (and probably Izanami and Izanagi given Oryou's backstory) was "that's not how it is in this setting but I like it so go ahead", so he's essentially giving them their own sandboxes to write their stuff down, but by sectioning them off they aren't stepping on his own ideas for those concepts. I doubt we're going to see "Oda Nobunaga by Kinoko Nasu!" when Gudaguda Nobu is already well established in real life as The Fate Nobunaga, but it leaves that avenue open.

The most immediately noticeable difference at a glance is Ryouma's and Erice's Ame-no-Sakahokos looking and behaving completely differently.
    This is always how I figured it and think people took it a different level than Nasu intended.
    It's not that "We will get the real GudaGuda Cast from the Nasuverse" that people think it is, it's just if certain parts of the characters step into what Nasu wants to cover later, that means those parts are rendered non-canon only in the sense of pertaining to the series he will do(Ultimately it won't diminish what the writers want to do which is basically another of Nasu's M.O.'s but it allows him to still do what he wants).

BUT, it also doesn't mean we will get "Nasu Oda Nobunaga and Okita Souji" either because yeah, they are virtually well established and unless Nasu feels he wants to add something on, it most likely won't be a real change but just an addendum until otherwise noted.
    It's ultimately no different than how Prototype Arthur doesn't exist in the Throne of Heroes of most series... but that doesn't stop the rest of the Prototype Servant Cast from showing up virtually unimpeded whatsoever and no real changes to their demeanors... yeah I know Nasu wrote that series, you get my point.

Blog Entries
    More like the joke on how Gudaguda is not wanked hard enough thus not canon.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    My logic here was "With one less mandatory event, there's space for 3 main story chapters in 2023". With Gudaguda's slot taken here, I can believe in Ruler in June, Avenger in September, and Alterego in December. Then Foreigner next August and the end in December 2024.
    If Valentines and White Day were two week events like they were last year, they could so got two free weeks. So the fact that they are three weeks makes me think they are not making space.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    If Valentines and White Day were two week events like they were last year, they could so got two free weeks. So the fact that they are three weeks makes me think they are not making space.
    Well, or by stretching the events they will make less events and give more time to the main story. Actually, if they plan to finish Ordeal Call by the end of this year (with the foreigner in mind), they should start releasing it from April. After the white day, it will be seen what kind of schedule they have relative to the main story.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Yeah. Maybe after the mess that was Lostbelt 7, they decided they shouldn't have released Britomart and are now cutting events to make sure they can meet the story chapter deadline.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    Yeah. Maybe after the mess that was Lostbelt 7, they decided they shouldn't have released Britomart and are now cutting events to make sure they can meet the story chapter deadline.
    Or it might just be another excuse and they still fall behind schedule?

Ordeal Call finishing this year seems pretty unlikely, but *probably* around next anni. 6 months between OCs is probably pessimistic, but I wouldn't quite expect 4. Ruler June, Avenger November, Alter Ego April, Foreigner August (throw in another collab too if they wanna do Prototype). Antarctica December 2024, hopefully. And then wrap it all up before 10th anni. Counting Main Interludes, that would be 3 chapters this year and 3-4 next year.

Alternatively, OC could just take one year from June 2023-June 2024 and have a 6 month gap before Antarctica. Either way, I don't see it taking until December 2024 to finish OC because that would leave a pretty small window to get out Antarctica and Fuyuki by 10th anni.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Antarctica out for 20th anniversary
    Fuyuki out for 30th anniversary
    burn your dread you coward

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    So basically what I'm hearing is that the Gudaverse isn't "non-canon" so much as it's set in a world with different rules and premises than standard Fate. Guda guda can be taken as "these events did indeed happen somewhere" but if something contradicts lore from another Typemoon work, you just have to assume that the Guda lore is unique to the Gudaverse where the contradicting lore is unique to Nasu's works. And the same can be said about Prilya and the Servantverse.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Non canon doesn't mean it never happened in this case, I think it means it exists but don't expect Stay Night 2 or Tsukihime 3 or even FGO itself outside of the events to follow on any guda guda lore, just like you dont expect magecraft to follow pryllia rules. However you can take what happens in Melty Blood, HA, Apocrypha, Fragments, etc. to be part of the major canon for TM and true for the universe as a whole. Even if you can intteract with the Gudaguda world and the pryllia world, what happens in them has no bearing on overall wordbuilding outside of them.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sakurai and Higashide would never, but I still expect some random references in Minase’s Alterego Ordeal Call, since Oo’oku had that running gag of offscreen Fujimaru telling Tsubone about Gudaguda events and she getting weirded out by this unfamiliar version of Nobunaga that Fujimaru knew.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle dualblade's Avatar
    This is how we get Real Deal Nobunaga to show up again.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by dualblade View Post
    This is how we get Real Deal Nobunaga to show up again.
    You know what they say, jokes are the deepest lore.

Male Musashi from FGO timeline when?

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    might be the guy with the scaley face in the OC trailer

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Link0306's Avatar
    Male Musashi who is exactly like old female Musashi, except they are slightly buff instead of having boobs.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Hope to see him in better condition than here.

Maybe closer to Takezo's physique from Vagabond.

Quote Originally Posted by Link0306 View Post
    Male Musashi who is exactly like old female Musashi, except they are slightly buff instead of having boobs.
    Nah, give him a huge bust too.