Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I don't understand
    Me neither

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Full recap because this is genuinely a mess.

2017: Beast III was introduced in SE.RA.PH. Her logos was Lust (愛欲), but she mentioned being paired with another III and had attached an extra R meaning Rapture (随喜).

2018: Arthur got an interlude saying "L's miasma and R's lingering perfume still elude me". The lingering perfume perfume part is a term used in Nero Caster's profile to her refer to her sus Beast vibes, so the assumption at the time is that Nero was R.

2019: Oo'oku came later and introduced the L to Kiara's R, with logos of also Lust (愛欲) with an extra L meaning Lapse (堕落).

2021: Sodom's reveals reveals herself as VI/S, with the logos of Lapse (堕落). Arthur explains that VI is only unlocked after L and R appear, which made the mad copers think "FOUR BEAST SIXES?!?!?!?!?!" and the sane people think "Her logos is the same as Kama's L, so Kama unlocks Sodom's and Kiara unlocks Gomorrah, lol at R's lingering perfume". The mad copers spread "Depravity" as the standard translation for the VI/S version and it somehow caught despite the much more reasonable Kama argument.

2023: This conversation happened. Lapsebros might finally win.
    Last edited by Comun; April 26th, 2023 at 04:17 PM.

It is a little confusing, tbh. III's 理 is Lust (愛慾), and VI's is Degeneracy/Depravity/Lapse (堕落). It just so happens that Mara's type​ of Lust is the same word.

US Friend Code
    I gotta admit, this is a really funny discussion to have. This is what Nasu having common words as terminology does to a mf.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Full recap because this is genuinely a mess.

2017: Beast III was introduced in SE.RA.PH. Her logos was Lust (愛欲), but she mentioned being paired with another III and had attached an extra R meaning Rapture (随喜).

2018: Oo'oku came later and introduced the L to Kiara's R, with logos of also Lust (愛欲) with an extra L meaning Lapse (堕落).

Still 2018: Arthur got an interlude saying "L's miasma and R's lingering perfume still elude me". The lingering perfume perfume part is a term used in Nero Caster's profile to her refer to her sus Beast vibes, so the assumption at the time is that Nero was R.

2021: Sodom's reveals reveals herself as VI/S, with the logos of Lapse (堕落). Arthur explains that VI is only unlocked after L and R appear, which made the mad copers think "FOUR BEAST SIXES?!?!?!?!?!" and the sane people think "Her logos is the same as Kama's L, so Kama unlocks Sodom's and Kiara unlocks Gomorrah, lol at R's lingering perfume". The mad copers spread "Depravity" as the standard translation for the VI/S version and it somehow caught despite the much more reasonable Kama argument.

2023: This conversation happened. Lapsebros might finally win.
    Never.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    probably because they recognized that using the same word for two different concepts would be confusing
    Yeah, they would never do that. Because imagine if someone were to just do Humanity and Humanity for totally different things. Or Void, Void, and Void, for three other completely unrelated things. Thank god NA doesn't do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie25 View Post
    I gotta admit, this is a really funny discussion to have. This is what Nasu having common words as terminology does to a mf.
    It's not even that bad compared to "order" which is used to refer to like 1 bazillion different things by fans.

Blog Entries
    a got 2 fucking 2030s since tiamat gacha started what the fuck

For fun, there's also the battle screen keywords. Every Beast has Evil of Humanity (人類悪) followed by something.

Goetia and Tiamat only have Emergence (显現), probably generic for a Mature Beast
    Camazotz has Pity (憐憫) Salvation (救世) Sacrifice (犠牲) Reprieve (免罪) Oblivion (忘却)
    Kiara is Metamorphosis (変生)
    Mara is Overflow (氾濫)
    Koyanskaya is Reproduction (生殖) in Tunguska
    Draco is Applause (喝采)
    Olga is a Grand Battle so no dice

So there's the Evil of Humanity keyword and the Principle keyword.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    Goetia and Tiamat only have Emergence (显現), probably generic for a Mature Beast
    Your Chinese is showing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Your Chinese is showing!!!
    Fuck, I knew that was wrong. That is my suffering for using my mobile calligraphy keyboard to transcribe characters.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    By the way, I wouldn't recommend calling 理 as Principle since that's what's used for 原理 in Turkeyhandle

Logos it is then. Also lol, Turkeyhandle deep lore.

US Friend Code
    I like Logos with the biblical context Beasts were inspired by, but I don't think it's going to catch on with the wider English fanbase because of how ingrained 'sin' already is.

similar with Root to Fount.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    By the way, I wouldn't recommend calling 理 as Principle since that's what's used for 原理 in Turkeyhandle
    See, you can't say stuff like this because then it gives the pro-Lapsers the benefit of saying that's exactly the case for 堕落 too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    pro-Lapsers
    This is competing for the most cursed phrase I've heard today, the other being "cunny Nero".

When I see discussions like this I sometimes find myself if this is an issue that affects the JP side as well. I mean like Nasu and Co using common words as terminologies and trying to understand when one thing means this and when it means something else.

I also say a prayer in my heart for all translators official and fan because translation on it's on doesn't look easy at all but Nasuverse translation seems to be a whole other can of worms

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    When I see discussions like this I sometimes find myself if this is an issue that affects the JP side as well. I mean like Nasu and Co using common words as terminologies and trying to understand when one thing means this and when it means something else.
    It seemed to be a bit of an issue with LB7. Back in the day, Nasu used 霊長 and 霊長類 interchangably (these words are such a can of worms, you don't even know) because he thought he was so clever, but then in LB7, he suddenly realized that if he did that, he would have to call the dinosaurs "primates" and the apes there not primates? Or call both primates and just screw everything up, so he regressed to ONLY using 霊長 which doesn't mean primate.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    This is competing for the most cursed phrase I've heard today, the other being "cunny Nero".
    Nah, fumei's was clever and I was hoping someone would find a way to make it work organically the moment "Lapse" became a discussion point today. The other one is just cursed with no upside.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimum spes View Post
    HeheheHAHHAHA

But more seriously she could be case like the bel lahmus or the demon pillars who are techinally apart of the beast. Which might be signafacnt enough to be class summonable.
    Although on the other hand, given the very good chance we'll get her to break free of the Alien World she might end up as something else entirely.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Never.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they would never do that. Because imagine if someone were to just do Humanity and Humanity for totally different things. Or Void, Void, and Void, for three other completely unrelated things. Thank god NA doesn't do that.
    Don't blame us for having Homonyms, my man lol.
    Still, Nasu is the one who constantly puts himself in that pickle lol.