Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    Didn't we get some stream dates for January and February actually?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelp24 View Post
    Didn't we get some stream dates for January and February actually?
    Yeah, FGO's winter streams are always events with live audiences, so they have to be announced in advance so people can buy their tickets.
    - December 29th (probably Nasu's Christmas)
    - January 13th (probably Ordeal Call)
    - February 11th (probably Valentines)

- - - Updated - - -

Stream hosts for maybe Christmas:
    - Akabane Kenji (Kadoc and Tsuna)
    - Takano Marika (Melusine)
    - Honda Mariko (Tenochtitlan)

Stream hosts for maybe Ordeal Call:
    - Ookubo Rumi (Astolfo and Eliza)
    - Kawanishi Kengo (Iori, Pepe, and adult Taisui)
    - Tsuruoka Satoshi (Arash, Gilles, Spartacus, and Caligula)

Stream hosts for maybe Valentine:
    - Ishiya Haruki (Beryl)
    - Kawasumi Ayako (Arthuria, Fou, and Anne Bonney)
    - Yuuki Aoi (Okita, Jinako, Tiamat, Ibuki/Shuten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

I don't think the December 29th stream is going to be the Christmas event. The news page specifically says mid-December.

https://news.fate-go.jp/2023/1124kshxr/

I also want to point out that the current Gudaguda event ends on Tuesday 19th, instead of the usual time of most events which would be Wednesday 20th. I honestly think we're going to get the Christmas event the same week Gudaguda ends, maybe even the next day.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    What led us to this tragic end
    Spaghetti code.
    burn your dread you coward

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    I don't think the December 29th stream is going to be the Christmas event. The news page specifically says mid-December.

https://news.fate-go.jp/2023/1124kshxr/

I also want to point out that the current Gudaguda event ends on Tuesday 19th, instead of the usual time of most events which would be Wednesday 20th. I honestly think we're going to get the Christmas event the same week Gudaguda ends, maybe even the next day.
    Oh, that's great news. We can have a 10 days Christmas like Martha's and still have OC2 on the 29th.
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

Oh no, I gave him copium...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors madarra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Yeah, you could count LB7 on a technicality, but I never do that, honestly. Same as how I never count LB6 as three distinct chapters. All that this really accomplishes (outside of enabling, or not enabling, lines such as "ONE STORY CHAPTER A YEAR") is just skew the average days between event chapters. And since I've now said that (great segue), I guess it's time for me to dump my graphs again (I also changed them from line graphs to columns, since it's probably easier to view at a glance).

Timeless Temple

Epic of Remnant

Still nothing weird about those two. But part 2 is where it starts getting weird, and that's just because of how you count it, like we were just talking about. Basically, you end up with four possible graphs, at least based on the choices I personally think make sense:
    You count huge timegates (LB6, LB7) as separate chapter releases due to the time in between releases or as single chapter releases (so like a "content release" vs "new chapter" type counting); and you count temporary events (Ooku & Scramble) or not. Tunguska always counts because it's available permanently (at least the story part is) and it's very relevant to the main story. Anyway, the four graphs then look like this.
    Lostbelt

Now, I was too lazy to make different graphs for OC, but there are two ways you can count here too: either you count LB7 -> OC1 or you count LB7 -> OC prologue. Honestly, only reason I would argue for not counting the prologues here is just because they could've both basically just been news posts aside from a few lines, but here we are. I think the OC average is skewed either way. Anyway, the listed OC2 date is to today.
    Ordeal Call

So now for some quick trivia, what with the doomposting about OC2 (does it count as doomposting when it's true?).

Whether you count events or not, the longest we've ever gone waiting for a chapter was after Olympus, where if you count Scramble release then it took 216 days, and if you don't count scramble, then it took 239 days until Heian. The second longest ones are Traum to LB7 (207) and LB3 to LB4 (204, only if you ignore Ooku). The reason I bring this up is because we're currently at 171 days since Papermoon, and as many have said, I think it's very unlikely we'll get OC2 this year. Basically, that means there's a very real chance that OC1 to OC2 becomes the longest wait we've ever had. Truly record breaking.

If they release OC2 on NYE (unlikely but let's cope), that would put it at exactly 200 days passed, which isn't even top three (counting Ooku).
    From then on, we can assume a late-ish release (something like 25th?) of each subsequent month at best, which puts it at 225 days in January (making it the second longest wait without events, and the longest with them), 256 days in February, 285 days in March, and 316 days in April. Now, I wouldn't really expect it to come any later than that (lol), but there's another good reason to stop counting there. See, even if you against all odds were to not count Tunguska as a main chapter release, so as to include it in the "no events" category, then that puts the wait from LB6(.3) to Traum at a whooping 301 days. And so on April 11th, 2024, OC2 will become the longest awaited chapter in the entire game, no matter how you choose to count (well, unless you ignore all .5 chapters but then you're an actual moron).

So yeah, put that date in your little calendars, now we have something to count down towards.

(Also, yes, now after writing all of this, I realize that I should've probably included the Olga quest in the OC chart, since it had story, and the OC distinctions should've been between "only proper chapters like EoR" and "literally all the OC-related releases". For quick reference, then, the olga quest came 88 days after OC1, and it's been 83 days since it released, so that basically halves the aforementioned time. In that case they have a really long time before they break any records, so that's kinda boring).
    inb4 Nasu christmas counts as the ordeal call for AE or even Pretender with Typhoon so it ends up on the chart in retrospective like Scramble

Wait that actually tracks, Mooncancer is said to be an "EX chapter event" kind of deal, so there is a non-0 chace that this is the Mooncancer OC.

US Friend Code
    I don't think it's at all likely but the thought's crossed my mind.

I'd think, just as Camazotz needing LB7 lock, having a straight up OC-related chapter would require at least OC prologue lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    December main story slot taking by Christmas as the Mooncancer Ordeal.
    Avenger Ordeal pushed to the June main story slot.
    Now there's still room for all the Olga Marie Quests to happen before OC2.
    The Count (even more) confirmed as the OC2 poster character.

I'd think, just as Camazotz needing LB7 lock, having a straight up OC-related chapter would require at least OC prologue lock.
    I agree, but that mostly depends on how much they touch on the prologue, Imaginary Scramble was LB1 locked after all, so is not impossible, tho yeah, unlikely, either way making it Traum locked kinda implies that it will touch on whatever happened to Holmes, since I don't think there is anything else that stricktly needs Traum lock.
    Well unless they literally talk about the events of the chapter, tho as far as I remember they usually don't do that even on locked events, events that vaguely reference what happened on the story don't receives a lock these days iirc, maybe an LB1 lock if they have to reference the bleaching.

I still think Traum lock is just so they can have Kadoc.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

huh, didn't thought of that, yeah it would make sense

Imagine if we got A Very Crypter Christmas.

I need Kadoc and Daybit in christmas sweaters now.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I still think Traum lock is just so they can have Kadoc.
    I really want to believe, but given the track record I bet it's just insisting on player completion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

What if they tried something wacky. OC2 + Christmas event on the same day.

... Nah, they don't even have the manpower to complete both at the same time.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

Blog Entries
    Even though she is a little lacking and looking too much like a vtuber, I actually like Hotaru's design concept.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Hotaru is precious and I want to feed her large amounts of rice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3