Page 13120 of 13141 FirstFirst ... 12120126201302013070131101311513118131191312013121131221312513130 ... LastLast
Results 262,381 to 262,400 of 262814

Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

You have to complete all maps 100%, which means all fights completed and all squares explored. Check older maps just in case you skipped on completing one of them.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I like the content and context of this event's story and happenings, but the execution of the gameplay is...woof.

Definitely doesn't respect your time (not that F/GO usually does, but holy shit), w/these drop rates and costs for the exploration and exploration resources. Fucking Ooku had it better, Jesus Fucking Christ. Back to the drawing board, DW.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

I'm not 100% completing the maps.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    I like the content and context of this event's story and happenings, but the execution of the gameplay is...woof.

Definitely doesn't respect your time (not that F/GO usually does, but holy shit), w/these drop rates and costs for the exploration and exploration resources. Fucking Ooku had it better, Jesus Fucking Christ. Back to the drawing board, DW.
    Yeah I agree. The exploration part drags a lot because of this. I really wish DW had made it less costly or implemented it in another way.

Heck, Guda Guda Final did a better job here, it made the exploration part with mats cheap so it was easy to reach the end without spending too much time farming for those items.

Blog Entries
    I like 4.5 better than Guda Guda cuz freebies didn't stack. Opening the game two times a day to get the stuff after being done with the grind is a pain.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Kinda funny, since Grail Front was a couple of events ago, and it was one of the best-received new gameplay modes in the game for a long time, and then this well-meaning but poorly executed gameplay happens.

C'est la vie, no?
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

ULTRA High impact sexual violence Aozaki-desu's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    grail front was also pretty poorly executed

Blog Entries
    One day raids with only one of them having drop mats worthy of note. Mhm.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    grail front was also pretty poorly executed
    Sure, but it was still way better than Imaginary Scramble's.

Blog Entries
    Oh, I mistook Grail Front for Gudaguda, my brain's messed up.

Grail Front was fun, but it cost the CQ, so it's cancelled out.

Grail Front added something new and interesting to the usual gameplay, so despite its many flaws like dumb AI I'm happy it appeared, and DW mentioned in its interview it's planning to do more things with it and improve it. But yeah, we shouldn't have lost the CQ fest for that, they should have done both things eventually (we didn't even get a CQ in that event).

Tbh, another thing I want them to implement is something like Setsubun in which you go through floors beating tough fights until you reach the end, which they could even make weekly or monthly, without the cooldown that didn't let you use the same Servant after a battle of course. I'm perfectly fine if it uses BP instead of AP too, so you don't have to worry about using the AP on both the tower and any event that is currently active.
    Last edited by Oz1337; November 21st, 2020 at 05:19 AM.

I'd take Grail Front over CQ any day, tbh. Since I'm a huge strategy nerd.

And to that front, I really find myself fond of Imaginary Scramble. Because it's a strategy tabletop game in a nutshell. Think expanded Battleship tabletop game.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, it's way better than Bamco games that I've played where they just recycle the same event layouts non-stop. At least we know that each new event comes with their own gimmicks, for better or worse.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

I'm in the minority of people who liked Setsubun and wanted to see more of it but the community so hated it I can't say I'm surprised they haven't gone back to that well very much (Amazoness event, notwithstanding).

That's not to say iIthought it was implemented well at all. It needed to be far more engaging gameplay-wise than it was (just slap Kaleidoscope on AoE Servant and move on). But I do think the fatigue mechanic can be used to create interesting scenarios for players to have to contend with. Though I do see why it isn't very popular - most people do hate being limited in their options.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    I'm in the minority of people who liked Setsubun and wanted to see more of it but the community so hated it I can't say I'm surprised they haven't gone back to that well very much (Amazoness event, notwithstanding).

That's not to say iIthought it was implemented well at all. It needed to be far more engaging gameplay-wise than it was (just slap Kaleidoscope on AoE Servant and move on). But I do think the fatigue mechanic can be used to create interesting scenarios for players to have to contend with. Though I do see why it isn't very popular - most people do hate being limited in their options.
    Not just that. It adds an artificial limit on even newer players where they cannot progress beyond X or Y floors without spending quartz/cash rolling for Servants. Same for people who were scrimping and saving their quartz and only rolled sparingly.

- - - Updated - - -

Better to give a benefit to people who have a bigger pool than negatively impact people with a smaller pool.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

Imaginary Scramble 2020 Challenge Quest 10T ft. double Salome

based cursed memes keep winning

this event made a lot of Yu senpai throwing tantrum and Bobobo meme fanart more than Gogh and Nemo.

Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post

Setsubun was good and Amazoness was bad.
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Probably could have done the challenge quest with full bond point bonus, but didn't want to give Jeanne Alter too much time to nuke my ass off after she got broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Himiko/Castoria/Merlin shell is so broken. You just never take any damage and you still crit pretty hard too. I used them for every Foreigner fight (except the Abi one) and the CQ and, boy, is it stupid.

Finally started the event.

It's obnoxious enough having to farm to explore, but I could handle that. It's the "it" thing of the event, fine. But forcing these horrible support only team comps for the main missions is ridiculous. This nonsense has seemingly gotten more and more common this past year or so.