Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nobody is saying some updates are worse than no updates. However, these updates are so fucking trivial that it really is a question of why DW is wasting their resources on this shit, especially when they claim to be so devastated by coronavirus. Whatever happened to updating all the Servants using launch animations? Why is the gacha still so fucking shit? Why wasn't the CE XP in FP gacha thing permanent? Why is that the sole purpose for leveling CEs is to improve the stat stick they provide? What happened to the abundance of content that Two bragged about having in stock 1.5 years ago?

All this "oh it helps lotto rollers remove R XP" is dumb when the better solution is to simply make a roll whole lotto box option.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    bitch that gift box animation is like 2 hours of work for 2 people
    Even if it's a small amount, those are man hours that weren't spent improving Servant animations, all for something that practically nobody gives a shit about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    gacha will always be shit, how can you expect it to be better
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

i don't think they'll ever add an option to roll the lotto all at once. to me that's sort of like np skip

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Even if it's a small amount, those are man hours that weren't spent improving Servant animations, all for something that practically nobody gives a shit about.
    nonono, you dont get it, there is no manhours wasted

an exec comes in the morning and decides he wants a funny box
    he talks to a manager who harrasses a less or more overworked animator to do a box animation with one hand during his lunchbreak
    once its done that same manager picks out a programmer and tells him to put it in real quick

in the evening the exec gets his funny box on a test build and optionally complains depending on whether its funny enough

all done with no real damage to the ongoing tasks because sometimes unloading your brain to do a stupid thing is just as productive as doing your main task if not more

The whole point about QoL updates is that they improve the overall experience of all users. Like being able to go back if you accidentally pressed the Attack, like getting rid of the stupid key system for CC removal, like the filter for events. Why wouldn't they focus first on what the majority wants? That's the whole point, you first focus on the important parts that everybody asks for then later do the less important parts. What is this backwards thing about focusing on things that people really don't care or don't even ask for?

This game is 5 years old ffs, some things really need to be improved and have been there since Day 1, and I have a hard time believing they haven't found a way to fix them for 5 years. Support list is still lackluster. Why can you still get empty slots in the support list with no Servants at all? Why do you have to refresh the support list constantly to get the friend you want instead of letting me have access to all friends all the time then make the refresh button work for randoms if no friend has the CE I want equipped? Why can't I ask for the random search to at least search for only specific Servants or CEs, not give me random results then filter what I don't want? The support list has gotten many upgrades, but there's still many things that needs improvement that would definitely improve having to search for friends.

The dailies is another issue that people have complained about, nobody does them except for QP, and even beginners do the same before you use that line, I know that because I've seen many beginners ignore them often. Why? Because for EXP the FP gatcha is actually much better as you can even get 5* EXP and it's very easy to get a good stack, apart from getting new Servants in the process and as you advance through the story you get more FP from doing supports which in turn lets you get more Servants or EXP. Meanwhile dailies are only 4* and you can even get a 3* EXP if you get unlucky, and they're 40 AP ffs, if you're a beginner you pretty much get locked from being able to continue with the story. You want to know what's funny? The update that made it so you get MP from completely anything 3 times was probably done because DW was aware people were not doing dailies so they just moved the MP outside of them. Which is really nice, I honestly like this upgrade since I don't get as many MP as other people that roll often, but that means DW is actually aware of that issue but are still not doing anything about it.

gacha will always be shit, how can you expect it to be better
    A safety net so people don't ruin their life while rolling which is a standard in most gatcha games nowadays?
    Last edited by Oz1337; October 20th, 2020 at 12:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    to be fair there are also other things that are standard in gacha that are not in fgo
    the predatory kind
    that makes fgo legitimately better

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Why do you have to refresh the support list constantly to get the friend you want instead of letting me have access to all friends all the time then make the refresh button work for randoms if no friend has the CE I want equipped?
    You want to scroll through over 100 people every time?
    canon finish apo vol 3

All this "oh it helps lotto rollers remove R XP" is dumb when the better solution is to simply make a roll whole lotto box option.
    Legit still don't get why this isn't a thing yet. It's not like they haven't thought about about it/been yelled at by the player base to implement it. It would be universally popular and it isn't the same as asking for NP skip which I can hear the argue about it betraying the game's original vision. It just seems like a complete no-brainer to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by good job View Post
    i don't think they'll ever add an option to roll the lotto all at once. to me that's sort of like np skip
    How are they in any way alike?

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    to be fair there are also other things that are standard in gacha that are not in fgo
    the predatory kind
    that makes fgo legitimately better
    Yeah, I really don't want things like equipment with random effects on FGO. Thank god that system isn't there for CEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    You want to scroll through over 100 people every time?
    No, I want a system that if for example I want to use Aozaki's Rider Da Vinci, I don't have to press the button for a minute or two until the RNG gods are merciful on me and make his support list appear, which is something I've been forced to do a lot of times in events when I'm searching for LB CEs and I know who has them. I've just stated the most basic thing to put as an example, but obviously if that system can be better than this I welcome it.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    some of those things they could do, but they specifically won't because reasons

just like np skip, auto-battle, etc
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Or other things I'm still waiting on: letting support list Servants equip the same CE since there's no real reason to prohibit this in the first place, same idea for CCs. Updating CE equip system so that you can equip bond CEs simultaneously as regular CEs (or just toggle the effect on/off), maybe have slots for an def+off CE. Obviously this would mean that the Cost system needs to be updated, which it frankly should have been years ago since DW is so fucking ornery about giving additional Cost with Master levels. Oh, where the hell is my SR Servant equivalent of a BSG, or more updates to MP/RP shop so that people can convert MPs to RPs, RPs to BSGs, and have stuff actually worth buying in the RP shop?
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Or one update I really want, battle replay. Being able to do previous battles like Zeus again. I got Avenger Nobu after beating Zeus and I really want to be able to use her in that battle, even more now with Nobukatsu's release, but I can't do it now unfortunately. That would be a cool feature to have too.

That would be cool. In fairness, they are getting there with regards to that particular aspect. Like Kiara can be replayed now but the process is simply way too slow and creates unnecessary hoops to jump through. It should just be an option that's available to you.

Blog Entries
    I appreciate the QoL for once.

Burning silver EXP was a chore.

That's not even the same thing, though. Okay now you can roll all 300 items at once, you still need to sort XP, you just have to sort more at a time, especially since the box has a cap on how much you can put in there at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Also not sure why you all assume DW only has 2 guys doing animations and programming so any QoL update that gets done supposedly impacts other updates. That's not really how these things work.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Blog Entries
    nobukatsu is stupid tanky what the fuck he has no defence buffs
    oh well no cheesy avenger nobu clear for me i guess
    although i guess i could try holmes np first thing but i'm not sure follow up buster would be enough
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; October 20th, 2020 at 04:01 PM.

Simosi designed Serizawa Kamo and Kukochihiko

Also, some extra artwork from Yamanami's artist

Last edited by Lobo; October 20th, 2020 at 04:07 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    That's not even the same thing, though. Okay now you can roll all 300 items at once, you still need to sort XP, you just have to sort more at a time, especially since the box has a cap on how much you can put in there at once.
    As things are now, I get through 5-10 boxes before I have to start emptying the present box of all the R XP and stacks of 1-2 SR XP. With the QoL update we already had that lets you checkmark each item you want to take out and the current size of the present box, rolling thousands of boxes instantly and deleting the R XP would pretty trivial, as a completely empty present box would let you hold 195 boxes worth of R and SR XP before you have to start purging the box + burning stuff.

This update doesn't change much, as I'd still be going out of my way to select the stacks of 1-2 SR XP in addition to all the R XP.

Also not sure why you all assume DW only has 2 guys doing animations and programming so any QoL update that gets done supposedly impacts other updates. That's not really how these things work.
    Please point out where I said DW has only 2 guys to spare to do all these things.

As for the rest of your comment, you seem to be missing the point that any effort put into these relatively minor QoL improvements is a waste when, with as much or less effort, we could get far more impactful QoL improvements, such as a roll entire lotto box button or display even more friends in the support list. These things wouldn't even take a couple of minutes to pull off code-wise since it would mostly amount to copy+pasting some existing code while changing a number at most. Hell, making a new icon for a full lotto box button would take more time than the coding would.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Why do you have to refresh the support list constantly to get the friend you want instead of letting me have access to all friends all the time then make the refresh button work for randoms if no friend has the CE I want equipped?
    I think this is what they want the support list to be. They'll never really change it.
    The dailies is another issue that people have complained about, nobody does them except for QP, and even beginners do the same before you use that line, I know that because I've seen many beginners ignore them often. Why? Because for EXP the FP gatcha is actually much better as you can even get 5* EXP and it's very easy to get a good stack, apart from getting new Servants in the process and as you advance through the story you get more FP from doing supports which in turn lets you get more Servants or EXP. Meanwhile dailies are only 4* and you can even get a 3* EXP if you get unlucky, and they're 40 AP ffs, if you're a beginner you pretty much get locked from being able to continue with the story.
    This is simply false. The FPs a new player gains each day are just not enough. And if you are such a beginner than 40AP stops you from advancing in the story, then you are so new that you can level while farming embers.
    Last edited by Herod; October 20th, 2020 at 04:54 PM.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    I think this is what they want the support list to be. They'll never really change it.

This is simply false. The FPs a new player gains each day are just not enough. And if you are such a beginner than 40AP stops you from advancing in the story, then you are so new that you can level while farming embers.
    You get a lot of FP at the beginning of the game if you're a beginner, and you get a lot more every day (apart from the extra EXP you get too), and you have a daily 10-roll. So yeah you get a good starting amount to start leveling up your main party, plus the FP you'll get when clearing main missions which can accumulate because there's a lot of nodes to go through. Also remember that you can use Servants as experience too, so yeah, most don't bother with daily quests at the beginning because it's just more efficient to do the FP gatcha to get good EXP and good starting units like CG, Hans or Georgius and use the AP to advance.

When you reach a point you need more EXP, it tends to happen that it took enough time that an event started, which gives you even more EXP if you farm in it, which most people do because it's worth doing it instead of dailies for the many rewards you get, even for beginners (though some things may be out of reach if it's a challenge event, EXP is always in the shop).

The most I can accept is that if your main party is still not fully leveled up for the main story and there's no event, then you may want to hit the EXP mines a few times, but once that's done you'll be busy with mats and QP for leveling up skills that you'll never bother with EXP again. Of course, if your plan is to level up everything for completionist's sake then sure, you'll probably hit the mines even more if you aren't patient enough to wait for lottos, but usually people only stick with the Servants they want to use and that's it.

As you can see, you eventually never end up using the daily EXP in the end. There's only one ocassion I see people using it more, which is the half AP EXP, and you're not even doing the 40 AP quest, you're doing the 30 AP one because what they end up getting is the MP after burning it LOL.

Honestly, they really should just turn the hunting quests as dailies and just get EXP from them. Not only you're farming mats but also getting EXP from that.
    Last edited by Oz1337; October 20th, 2020 at 05:28 PM.