Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

A stab in the dark, but it could be the fictional vampire Lord Ruthven, whom Dantes is mistaken as in The Count of Monte Cristo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunhelier View Post
    I don't know how Dragon girl is being Otohime when we absolutely know nothing about her, so we can only guess from her design alone I mean how do you know if she will appear in CCC related story? The only resemblance to Kiyohime is the horn and that's it. The other really scream Lilith to me and I'm not on high cope right now, we know that most of the time design really gave hint to a servant identity.
    If it's Minase writing the Alter Ego OC, it's likely a CCC-related story. Not sure what Lilith would have to do with anything from CCC or CCC-adjacent like Sakura. Also, Kiyohime and Otohime aren't related.
    Last edited by VTKajin; March 26th, 2023 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post

If it's Minase writing the Alter Ego OC, it's likely a CCC-related story. Not sure what Lilith would have to do with anything from CCC or CCC-adjacent like Sakura. Also, Kiyohime and Otohime aren't related.
    We don't know if it's going t be written by Minase or it will be CCC related because all that CCC related letters is written on the Ruler chapter and if you going to argue that letters stuff is randomly written and not related to the chapter appear on the screen then it's even more unknown. I mean I'm not saying it impossible she is being Otohime but just saying that the theory is pure nonsense since we only know of her design so far.

We don't know if it's going t be written by Minase or it will be CCC related because all that CCC related letters is written on the Ruler chapter and if you going to argue that letters stuff is randomly written and not related to the chapter appear on the screen then it's even more unknown. I mean I'm not saying it impossible she is being Otohime but just saying that the theory is pure nonsense since we only know of her design so far.
    Most likely they're just scattered at random or we'll see Sakura in divine comedy.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Top guy looks like a snakeified Dantes which means he's gonna be Quick, and also, Cagliostro, so a support, so he's the savior of quick for sure. And Dumas will be the 3* budget quick support to keep the theme going. Takeuchi told me this.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    some says girl is Ardat lili.

Right about one thing, Routo Usagi did indeed do that character.

https://twitter.com/usagi_lokiloki/s...04578158817282

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My worry intensifies.

The Avenger OC is actually a Routo chapter, not a Sakurai chapter. (Camazotz copium)

https://twitter.com/saberchankawaii/...GtpTsEAT0RJK2w

nipi also confirmed the dragon girl artist. Sadly doesn't give any hints to the character but glad for them, they deserve more work in FGO

All servants in this poster are somehow related to serpent.
    Just some in your face death and rebirth symboltism, I assume.

So I don't have much clue about what the Alter Ego OC could be about since I'm not very familiar with Extra or CCC, but... Rani was a homunculus created by Sialim, but in the OC trailer the keyword is written as R.A.N.I. like it's a piece of technology. Maybe in non-EX timelines she's an AI or something? Someone smarter than me might be able to take a stab at what relevance that would have to Alter Egos, but dragon girl's hairstyle kindaaa looks like Sion's. Still think it's Otohime because dragon, but... yeah.

JP Friend Code
    Pale golden eyes and white hair means Alter in 97% cases, so I kind of expect a shocking revelation how Alters and Alter Ego are related.

Okitan's actually a good study for that even if she's a wee bit of a meme character. An Alter that becomes so independent from their original self that they become an Alter Ego. Then yeah, if not Otohime, Sion or Sialim Alter seems like an interesting guess lol

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    So I don't have much clue about what the Alter Ego OC could be about since I'm not very familiar with Extra or CCC, but... Rani was a homunculus created by Sialim, but in the OC trailer the keyword is written as R.A.N.I. like it's a piece of technology. Maybe in non-EX timelines she's an AI or something? Someone smarter than me might be able to take a stab at what relevance that would have to Alter Egos, but dragon girl's hairstyle kindaaa looks like Sion's. Still think it's Otohime because dragon, but... yeah.
    Homunculi have always been treated like objects rather than people by mages. Rani in particular gets much better treatment in the Extraverse than most homunculi in Fate, but even there she's kind of like a machine in many ways anyway.

Snake girl's design doesn't give me very asian vibes, though I suppose she does have similar horns to Kiyohime. Her general vibe is also way too sinister to be someone like Otohime imo.
    Last edited by TresserT; March 27th, 2023 at 11:32 AM.

Do the new missions want you to follow more people or get more people to follow you?

You follow/add friends for the quartz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You also conveniently got 3 more slots to use.

All servants in this poster are somehow related to serpent.
    Well, serpents are associated with sins after all.

Honestly, for the OC girl, I'm 100% convinced she'll be Lilith (or rather, I'm 100% convinced she should be based on all hints and that she'll then turn out to be something nobody could have guessed).

- "Demon pillar eyes" in her hair have twofold connotations: first is that Lilith is generally the mother of all demons, and a demon herself, so the indirect connection to the system incorporating and named after many Bible-adjacent demons. The second thing is that many people have mentioned the hair feeling like they're looking at Astarte, and I think that might be just a tiny bit more than coincidental, as Lilith is generally considered to be derived/based on a mesopotamian being of similar name (the Akkadian root for the Hebrew name Lilith, which would be lilū). It's believed the mythology migrated from there via the Babylonian Talmud into the Judaic mythology, so the connection is easy enough to make, especially in Fate.

- The "horns" she sports are easy enough to just call demon horns imo, but if you really want to make the "dragon appearance" even slightly more involved, the first mention of Lilith's mesopotamian equivalent is in a story about Gilgamesh where he goes to slay a dragon serving Lilith. The "Blind Dragon" (the counterpart of the beast from the sea) is also the one to arrange the marriage between Lilith and Samael. I really don't think you have to go much farther than "demon", though.

- Serpent-like earrings and an actual snake around her shoulders: This one feels the easiest, considering just how many connections there are between Lilith and snakes. In ancient Kabbalistic texts, Lilith is named the "Tortuous Serpent". In similar texts, Lilith is attributed to being the snake which tempted Eve in Eden. In other versions, the snake is Samael, which would make it Lilith's husband, rather than Lilith herself, but either works. Finally, there are some depictions of her as half-woman, half-snake, even going as far as making the connection to the Lahmia of other mythologies.

- The generally "seductive" demeanor: Okay, this one is a bit of a subjective interpretation (as opposed to the rest which are 100% factual and not wrong anywhere), but being half undressed, a coy smile and narrowed eyes, along with licking a lollipop really do give a very strong impression in this direction. This is important because not only did Lilith tempt/seduce Eve in the garden, she is also frequently depicted in Jewish traditions as an incarnation of Lust. She's the force that makes men be unfaithful, among other things. Moreover, her "fertility" is quite often referenced in Kabbalistic texts. After being cast out of the garden, she had several husbands with which she procreated to birth demons, and after God made her unable to procreate with Samael further, she turned to mortal men to fulfill the same need. Later texts even state that she was made completely infertile alongside Samael, but that her fornication endeavors still continued, because she just be like that.

- The "laurel"/leafy vine on her coat leading right to what appears to be some form of black leaves covering her breasts I think can just reference her original conception and life in the garden, before being cast out.

Also, I'm not sure that she would be in the Avenger OC (though people should remember that just because these three appeared as the poster Servants doesn't actually mean they'll all be the representatives of their individual chapters. We've had many a case where the opposite held true), but I think Lilith would fit very well with Avenger.

Most old texts that deal with her do so in a way that any modern reader would surely find pretty cruel. She was the first wife of Adam, but Adam rejected her and demanded a new wife in disgust, in part because of Lilith's natural needs and in part due to her wanting to stand as equals to him (depends a bit on which text you read). The latter in particular became a sore point, as when God got involved, the bottom line was that instead of scolding Adam and giving them equal rights, God basically said "either submit to your husband or you're forever a demon and I kill hundreds of your children every day bitch". That is of course followed up by her marriage with Samael and her tricking of Eve, who was made as a submissive entity to fulfill Adam's needs only. Basically, not only is Lilith constantly persecuted by a deity and bereaved of paradise for wholly unfair reasons (and she acted several times on getting revenge for this), she also represents a world built on inequality from the very start, which you know, is a mindset shared by many people even today.

Anyway, there's probably more, but just putting that out there for now.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    - "Demon pillar eyes" in her hair have twofold connotations: first is that Lilith is generally the mother of all demons, and a demon herself, so the indirect connection to the system incorporating and named after many Bible-adjacent demons. The second thing is that many people have mentioned the hair feeling like they're looking at Astarte, and I think that might be just a tiny bit more than coincidental, as Lilith is generally considered to be derived/based on a mesopotamian being of similar name (the Akkadian root for the Hebrew name Lilith, which would be lilū). It's believed the mythology migrated from there via the Babylonian Talmud into the Judaic mythology, so the connection is easy enough to make, especially in Fate.

- The "horns" she sports are easy enough to just call demon horns imo, but if you really want to make the "dragon appearance" even slightly more involved, the first mention of Lilith's mesopotamian equivalent is in a story about Gilgamesh where he goes to slay a dragon serving Lilith. The "Blind Dragon" (the counterpart of the beast from the sea) is also the one to arrange the marriage between Lilith and Samael. I really don't think you have to go much farther than "demon", though.
    The second point is completely false. It was a claim made decades ago back when ancient mesopotamian was only understood by a handful of people, and somebody claimed that the creature described in Gil's legend was the root for Lilith. The connection was already a footnote even back then, and since then been thoroughly disproven, it's just on the Wikipedia page (it's for obscure stuff like this that Wikipedia is unreliable and where it gets its mostly undeserved reputation for being so).

Not even worth an Innocent Monster situation, as it's something not many people are even aware of. Already an obscure piece of trivia only people who went looking for it would find, and it turns out it's not even true. Given how good they are at drawing connections and syncreticism (something I LOVE about Fate) I would expect Typemoon's researchers to do better than fall for that.

The first point is also questionable for similar reasons but a lot less so.

I agree she might be Lilith, this point is just a particular pet peeve/nitpick of mine. I did a lot of work reading about her when I made my Lilith fan servant lol.
    Last edited by TresserT; March 27th, 2023 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TresserT View Post
    The second point is completely false. It was a claim made decades ago back when ancient mesopotamian was only understood by a handful of people, and somebody claimed that the creature described in Gil's legend was the root for Lilith. The connection was already a footnote even back then, and since then been thoroughly disproven. Not even worth an Innocent Monster situation. Given how good they are at drawing connections and syncreticism (something I LOVE about Fate) I would expect Typemoon's researchers to do better than fall for that.

The first point is also questionable for similar reasons but a lot less so.

I agree she might be Lilith, this point is just a particular pet peeve/nitpick of mine. I did a lot of work reading about her when I made my Lilith fan servant lol.
    I don't even understand what part of the second point you're saying is false. Do you think I'm saying Lilith was the dragon? Because I never did. That said, I'm well aware of the scholarly dispute of the authenticity of "Lilith" appearing in the Gilgamesh poem, but that doesn't actually matter whatsoever. The only thing of relevance is that the connection did exist (and it helps a whole lot that it was so widespread for such a long time). That is, unless you want to argue about Scathach being Skadi, as well?

Same thing with the demon connection. Whatever scholars say now doesn't matter because the framework of her being was established so long ago and lasted for so long that it was even ingrained in modern pop culture. Having some people read old texts and say "no actually that wasn't it" isn't gonna wash all that away, and you don't have to look much farther than all the other JRPG media (which Fate often draws quite heavily from in its character designs) to get an idea of how much such stuff matters in the slightest.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no