Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post

kagetora in fucking shambles at how much cooler her best frenemy is

- - - Updated - - -

ben button shinsengummy

- - - Updated - - -

so this is a sengoku basara event i guess
    I don't the first outfit or the cars, the other outfits and the horses are better.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
    I wouldn't be too quick to throw shade at Kagetora, I think I saw her doing a henshin.
    Even if she gets an SSR ult it's a steep hill to be Tokyo drifting over someone in a Ferrari

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me there's fanart of him with Mistress C
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    After Nasu wrote a LB6 summer, I wonder if him writing Christmas means it's LB7 Christmas.
    Like comun said, it's traum locked, not LB7. I think it's safest to just assume it means Kadoc will have a role in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle DrStein's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Even if she gets an SSR ult it's a steep hill to be Tokyo drifting over someone in a Ferrari

- - - Updated - - -

Please tell me there's fanart of him with Mistress C

She IS getting a motocycle. She's putting up a fight.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Welp, there goes my login streak and an extra ticket.

It takes so much effort to open this game when there's nothing going on...

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle DrStein's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuzu View Post
    Welp, there goes my login streak and an extra ticket.

It takes so much effort to open this game when there's nothing going on...

...A giant new event LITERALLY started today.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    ...A giant new event LITERALLY started today.
    I should have specified NA

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wrong thread then
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

US Friend Code
    What are y'all bets for the New Year's servant? Just out of curiosity

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    Unless they shit out OC2 in the literal last days of the year probably an OC2 servant, maybe Manaka or the Count?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by UnlimitedBladeWorks View Post
    Unless they shit out OC2 in the literal last days of the year probably an OC2 servant, maybe Manaka or the Count?
    Nasu's blog say "Christmas at the end of the year", so I don't think there's room for OC2 in 2023 anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    One OC a year
    I can't believe this

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    What led us to this tragic end

US Friend Code
    This truly was our Fate/Grand Order: Ordeal Call

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    What led us to this tragic end
    This is unfortunately not an end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    Some pantheons are depicted as Tamamo, while others are only potentially Tamamo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Nasu's blog say "Christmas at the end of the year", so I don't think there's room for OC2 in 2023 anymore.
    what if Christmas even morphing into OC2 midway

Blog Entries
    alright i'm at a point of my exp expiring in the present box

Hey, at least they have about a month until we pass the longest wait for a chapter release. Though, since now is start of december and OC2 is obviously not gonna come out this year...

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it'd be about 2 months if we don't count Scramble as a main story chapter.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle M@koto Kisaragi's Avatar
    Well we can argue that we got two main stories chapter this year, it's LB7
    But even then it's a part 2, so yeah the schedules on this year is very messy alongside the three weeks extension, but at least the servants quality are still very good to say

- - - Updated - - -

On other note, played Reverse 1999 and i'm surprised and happy that it has a proper female protagonist on top of not an self-insert too, more gacha games should try this

Quote Originally Posted by M@koto Kisaragi View Post
    Well we can argue that we got two main stories chapter this year, it's LB7
    But even then it's a part 2, so yeah the schedules on this year is very messy alongside the three weeks extension, but at least the servants quality are still very good to say
    Yeah, you could count LB7 on a technicality, but I never do that, honestly. Same as how I never count LB6 as three distinct chapters. All that this really accomplishes (outside of enabling, or not enabling, lines such as "ONE STORY CHAPTER A YEAR") is just skew the average days between event chapters. And since I've now said that (great segue), I guess it's time for me to dump my graphs again (I also changed them from line graphs to columns, since it's probably easier to view at a glance).

Timeless Temple

Epic of Remnant

Still nothing weird about those two. But part 2 is where it starts getting weird, and that's just because of how you count it, like we were just talking about. Basically, you end up with four possible graphs, at least based on the choices I personally think make sense:
    You count huge timegates (LB6, LB7) as separate chapter releases due to the time in between releases or as single chapter releases (so like a "content release" vs "new chapter" type counting); and you count temporary events (Ooku & Scramble) or not. Tunguska always counts because it's available permanently (at least the story part is) and it's very relevant to the main story. Anyway, the four graphs then look like this.
    Lostbelt

Now, I was too lazy to make different graphs for OC, but there are two ways you can count here too: either you count LB7 -> OC1 or you count LB7 -> OC prologue. Honestly, only reason I would argue for not counting the prologues here is just because they could've both basically just been news posts aside from a few lines, but here we are. I think the OC average is skewed either way. Anyway, the listed OC2 date is to today.
    Ordeal Call

So now for some quick trivia, what with the doomposting about OC2 (does it count as doomposting when it's true?).

Whether you count events or not, the longest we've ever gone waiting for a chapter was after Olympus, where if you count Scramble release then it took 216 days, and if you don't count scramble, then it took 239 days until Heian. The second longest ones are Traum to LB7 (207) and LB3 to LB4 (204, only if you ignore Ooku). The reason I bring this up is because we're currently at 171 days since Papermoon, and as many have said, I think it's very unlikely we'll get OC2 this year. Basically, that means there's a very real chance that OC1 to OC2 becomes the longest wait we've ever had. Truly record breaking.

If they release OC2 on NYE (unlikely but let's cope), that would put it at exactly 200 days passed, which isn't even top three (counting Ooku).
    From then on, we can assume a late-ish release (something like 25th?) of each subsequent month at best, which puts it at 225 days in January (making it the second longest wait without events, and the longest with them), 256 days in February, 285 days in March, and 316 days in April. Now, I wouldn't really expect it to come any later than that (lol), but there's another good reason to stop counting there. See, even if you against all odds were to not count Tunguska as a main chapter release, so as to include it in the "no events" category, then that puts the wait from LB6(.3) to Traum at a whooping 301 days. And so on April 11th, 2024, OC2 will become the longest awaited chapter in the entire game, no matter how you choose to count (well, unless you ignore all .5 chapters but then you're an actual moron).

So yeah, put that date in your little calendars, now we have something to count down towards.

(Also, yes, now after writing all of this, I realize that I should've probably included the Olga quest in the OC chart, since it had story, and the OC distinctions should've been between "only proper chapters like EoR" and "literally all the OC-related releases". For quick reference, then, the olga quest came 88 days after OC1, and it's been 83 days since it released, so that basically halves the aforementioned time. In that case they have a really long time before they break any records, so that's kinda boring).
    Ugh cokesakto no no no