Page 13871 of 13892 FirstFirst ... 12871133711377113821138611386613869138701387113872138731387613881 ... LastLast
Results 277,401 to 277,420 of 277834

Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    Don't worry, i have a friend who's very frustrated at Boudica's character gets used and also a fan of Quetz funnily enough.
    Yeah, I'm just really tired at how people keep thinking the way to fix Boudica is to make her an Avenger and hate the Romans... which will literally put her in the same box as Penthesilea and wouldn't change a damn thing. It feels so hilariously ass backwards because I can understand making it a joke compared to an actual issue Boudica has(like in Summer 2) but when they keep going back into it over and over again, it just loses all meaning and becomes boring as hell and beyond tedious.

It's why I went from liking Penthesilea to just loathing her appearance every time and just want Hippolatya to come in JUST so she can finally have something else to do or the same deal with Semiramis and I actually want to like Semiramis, I shouldn't have to read Apocrypha to get more from her than FGO when freaking AMAKUSA got more characterization than she does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurozetto View Post
    Definitely not something I expected to see when I came in this thread.
    I can honestly understand Herod's frustration. It's one thing to say that Traum was undercooked in terms of not really focusing on it's plot or characters well or not doing a French Revolution style deal.
    It's another to pretend it has nothing to do with the main story... when it's entire existence is literally done by a major mystery point the game has been focusing on.

It's basically the equivalent of basically just complaining at the clouds for it raining that day.
    It honestly reminds me of how I have seen people who will complain about how the story isn't swinging for them and dares to have "inconsistencies"(literal reasons for why it won't go as such) and when you actually point it out, they bitch at you for "being a simp for the game". The entire point of some stories is to make sure baselines are established so there's a reason to care that they are being followed or ultimately broken through.
    Last edited by Gehennahem; August 5th, 2022 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    Yeah, I'm just really tired at how people keep thinking the way to fix Boudica is to make her an Avenger and hate the Romans... which will literally put her in the same box as Penthesilea and wouldn't change a damn thing. It feels so hilariously ass backwards because I can understand making it a joke compared to an actual issue Boudica has(like in Summer 2) but when they keep going back into it over and over again, it just loses all meaning and becomes boring as hell and beyond tedious.

It's why I went from liking Penthesilea to just loathing her appearance every time and just want Hippolatya to come in JUST so she can finally have something else to do or the same deal with Semiramis and I actually want to like Semiramis, I shouldn't have to read Apocrypha to get more from her than FGO when freaking AMAKUSA got more characterization than she does.
    I get it.

I also think it's a shame all the potential Penth has it's essentially wasted on her, but i'd say a potential Avenger Boudica would make sense if they gave it a proper crack at it instead of just leaving her with a single joke like they did with Penth.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Hoping for Asterios skill Upgrade
    Knowing it'll be Bunyan NP Upgrade OTL

I can honestly understand Herod's frustration.
    Well, I didn't follow this whole conversation. It's just funny to me, that the first thing I see after coming back from slumber, is someone slamming the doors.
    About Traum... Well, I don't even remember what was there aside from Kriemhild. Even though I didn't read it, it still felt like some sort of filler.

I get it.

I also think it's a shame all the potential Penth has it's essentially wasted on her, but i'd say a potential Avenger Boudica would make sense if they gave it a proper crack at it instead of just leaving her with a single joke like they did with Penth.
    It would be fine with Avenger Boudica but I feel the problem is that the authors will just make her "I hate the Romans, Fuck the Romans" with nothing else just like they did with Penthesilea. I mean yeah, they basically threw out the Avenger shit because they knew having them on a level of hatred that makes Berserkers tame would make them even worse to write around(Salieri in LB1 being far less ridiculous than he is in his other appearances but even those appearances just have him more really pissed off, Gorgon being more extreme self-loathing aimed at everyone else, whatever Jeanne Alter is now) but I feel like that's what she's gonna default to and I don't want to deal with that crap.

It would be like if they made Avenger Quetzalcoatl and all that happens is that she's pissed at Hernan Cortez and all Conquistadors and that they added in that's all she can be or something.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Pendant's Avatar
    Granny is a good civ (but you still have my condolences)
    Oh, I don't necessarily mind, it's just not exactly ideal for me either.

It would be like if they made Avenger Quetzalcoatl and all that happens is that she's pissed at Hernan Cortez and all Conquistadors and that they added in that's all she can be or something.
    Write that down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Oh, I don't necessarily mind, it's just not exactly ideal for me either.
    Who are you rolling for, though?

It would be fine with Avenger Boudica but I feel the problem is that the authors will just make her "I hate the Romans, Fuck the Romans" with nothing else just like they did with Penthesilea. I mean yeah, they basically threw out the Avenger shit because they knew having them on a level of hatred that makes Berserkers tame would make them even worse to write around(Salieri in LB1 being far less ridiculous than he is in his other appearances but even those appearances just have him more really pissed off, Gorgon being more extreme self-loathing aimed at everyone else, whatever Jeanne Alter is now) but I feel like that's what she's gonna default to and I don't want to deal with that crap.

Events will alwyas be ground for stuff like that and almost no Servant is safe from it, but as long the character is properly written and isn't simply "Fuck the Romans" then i doubt it would end like that. That said, if she were to debut on a story chapter, that's more of an insurance that a little more effort would be put into her.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Pendant's Avatar
    Who are you rolling for, though?
    rn she came when I was pulling for Arc but she just is always showing up. She's NP3 atm

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    rn she came when I was pulling for Arc but she just is always showing up. She's NP3 atm
    I've got Enkidu NP5 like that. Didn't mind either.
    But spooks are still shit. I remember, when I was rolling Koyanskaya on previous anniversary and after 400 or so quartz I've got Osakabehime.
    Lets just say it didn't feel good at all.

Blog Entries
    Well, I didn't follow this whole conversation. It's just funny to me, that the first thing I see after coming back from slumber, is someone slamming the doors.
    About Traum... Well, I don't even remember what was there aside from Kriemhild. Even though I didn't read it, it still felt like some sort of filler.
    I mean if you didn't read it, this is kinda non-sequitur no? Its going to naturally feel like filler because you can only see it based on the reflection on character popularity it has (which is going to be difficult in its own right because there are only 3 new OC servants).
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I mean, plenty judge without being able to actually read the story, so why not judge when nobody can actually read the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevethepi View Post
    I mean if you didn't read it, this is kinda non-sequitur no?
    It was just a random senseless comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevethepi View Post
    Its going to naturally feel like filler because you can only see it based on the reflection on character popularity it has (which is going to be difficult in its own right because there are only 3 new OC servants)
    Kriemhild is decently popular, I think. Don't know about other Servants though.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I get it.

stop make her suffer more, Boudica is enjoying Chaldea life with Emiya and CKT in the kitchen.

Famitsu: By the way, who are you leveling, Takeuchi?

Takeuchi: My Arthuria is still 116.
    Rare Takeuchi L

Well, Boudica doesn't HAVE to be either an Avenger or a Berserker, why not try something else like a Saber?

Boudica really just suffers from being a launch Servant whose main story appearance was in the shitty early game chapters, who then became regulated to meme status since (the fate of all Servants once they've served their story purpose). She could probably work as-is if she actually had an opportunity to be explored properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Boudica really just suffers from being a launch Servant whose main story appearance was in the shitty early game chapters, who then became regulated to meme status since (the fate of all Servants once they've served their story purpose). She could probably work as-is if she actually had an opportunity to be explored properly.
    Once they serve their purpose their only hope is if someone takes pity and writes a spinoff one day.

JP Friend Code
    Well, Boudica was opposing Nero and you can't have Nero actually look bad.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    My job here is done

Spoiler:

One day Lasagne will release BB coins so I can join the Level 120 gang. One day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    My job here is done

Spoiler:

Congrats btw.