Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

  1. #279141
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    It is a shared universe after all. It's not like any new canon that is added to Mages or other general world factors in Fate isn't generally also canon to Tsukiworlds. You could say this is not exactly the same, but FGO is where Nasu has done stuff where normally other sttings wouldn't allow it, so who knows.

    In regards to the Arc thing, you're basically saying is that Archetype is a new title that was specifically created for her role on Earth rather than being a normal Type.
    There is sharing but also specifics otherwise the split would be meaningless. More importantly though is relevance and how material is disseminated which I think matters to them considering they put the breaks on the exploration of Church content. Anyway I hate to harp on this forever but I just believe they need to exercise caution since I think we're touching upon core concepts for Tsuki's backstory and this isn't the ideal place for delivery. It's not like they're lacking in loose threads they need to set up/tie up heading towards the end of Part 2 either. And for what it is worth, unless Nasu lied again, none of the other characters are supposed to be present in part 2 to begin with. Though I guess you had an unemployed mage from across space-time make a cameo... Nasu...

    For point 2: We can't say anything definitive about her name. I wouldn't be surprised if she's unique but first you have to ask if all the others act as Brains as well.

  2. #279142
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2022
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    368
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    There is sharing but also specifics otherwise the split would be meaningless. More importantly though is relevance and how material is disseminated which I think matters to them considering they put the breaks on the exploration of Church content. Anyway I hate to harp on this forever but I just believe they need to exercise caution since I think we're touching upon core concepts for Tsuki's backstory and this isn't the ideal place for delivery. It's not like they're lacking in loose threads they need to set up/tie up heading towards the end of Part 2 either. And for what it is worth, unless Nasu lied again, none of the other characters are supposed to be present in part 2 to begin with. Though I guess you had an unemployed mage from across space-time make a cameo... Nasu...

    For point 2: We can't say anything definitive about her name. I wouldn't be surprised if she's unique but first you have to ask if all the others act as Brains as well.
    I'll fully admit that i find the split to be pointless as i don't think there isn't a way a single type of world can't hold the several themes Nasu has done as they all link back to each other somehow. That said, i totally understand your argument and do think that anyhing that they do touch about Tsuki won't be super direct to whatever Nasu is doing with the new timeline and that Nero cameo proves it, because unless it's a sign of bigger things to come, it just looks like a wink wink type affair.

    Arc thing again, if you tell me Types also work as the brain (Fair thing to assume as they ARE the representation of the planet), then i guess Arch is somewhat of transitional stage before being a Type? Hell, you could say it's still Earth Exclusive.
    Last edited by Delastogos; October 26th, 2022 at 01:17 PM.

  3. #279143
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5,078
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Would you mind if i ask the specific on how do i do that?
    For a different game but the principle is exactly the same. You want to follow the first method.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/magiarecord...stallation-jp/

  4. #279144
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    There is sharing but also specifics otherwise the split would be meaningless. More importantly though is relevance and how material is disseminated which I think matters to them considering they put the breaks on the exploration of Church content. Anyway I hate to harp on this forever but I just believe they need to exercise caution since I think we're touching upon core concepts for Tsuki's backstory and this isn't the ideal place for delivery. It's not like they're lacking in loose threads they need to set up/tie up heading towards the end of Part 2 either. And for what it is worth, unless Nasu lied again, none of the other characters are supposed to be present in part 2 to begin with. Though I guess you had an unemployed mage from across space-time make a cameo... Nasu...
    The Church is kind of irrelevant in Fate worlds when you think about it, the Burial Agency might not even exist. So there is not a whole lot to explore. And yeah, I agree with you there, which is why I want ORT to be kept out of this whole stuff. It's not a matter of my favorite character jobbing or something. This is just not the right place to explore ORT as a character and a concept.

    Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    Arc thing again, if you tell me Types also work as the barin (Fair thing to assume as they ARE the representation of the planet), then i guess Arch is somewhat of transitional stage before being a Type? Hell, you could say it's still Earth Exclusive.
    It's debatable. The way Types are described in Notes makes it very questionable to think they have something such as a brain and are able to "think" for their planet. It seems like a planet being sapient in Nasuverse at all is something abnormal as far as planets are concerned. Likely not a transitional stage, just a different category. It's stated you can potentially have multiple beings that can operate as the Brain of the Planet after all. But only in theory, because the qualifications seems to be very very special and difficult to fullfil.
    Last edited by Dartz; October 26th, 2022 at 01:18 PM.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

    Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

  5. #279145
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,527
    There is also the stuff with Velber to consider. Velber only seems to attack planets with intelligent life in them. But there doesn't seem to be much evidence it atacked any other planet in the solar system.
    If there is intelligent life somewhere, it likely exists outside the Milky Way when you thinking about it.
    It's possible Cerebral Corpus is a concept that's limited to only Earth and the Moon.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

    Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

  6. #279146
    O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    16,306
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    For a different game but the principle is exactly the same. You want to follow the first method.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/magiarecord...stallation-jp/
    thank you!
    real artists draw hands
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    you don't need to think about it that hard
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    nothing makes sense

  7. #279147
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14,468
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    It's debatable. The way Types are described in Notes makes it very questionable to think they have something such as a brain and are able to "think" for their planet. It seems like a planet being sapient in Nasuverse at all is something abnormal as far as planets are concerned. Likely not a transitional stage, just a different category. It's stated you can potentially have multiple beings that can operate as the Brain of the Planet after all. But only in theory, because the qualifications seems to be very very special and difficult to fullfil.
    Isn't VV mildly contemptuous of the other Types for not having a sense of self?

    Kinda makes you wonder what makes Brunestud different, since he seems to be, y'know, sapient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  8. #279148
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    Snip
    I guess it's down to Humanity/Gaia being Weak/Stronk, its bleed out affecting other areas and Nasu's view on the type of stories/themes he wants each to represent.

    I don't think Arc is changing her name to Type:Earth in the future or that Archetype is indicative of being half-baked. Earth's situation isn't normal since Type-Moon is hardcore grooming Gaia-chan. And that's represented in Arc's link to both. You have the planet's Brain also being derived from the Moon as CM's possible successor. This whole thing with the sisters is probably tied to CM's desire to take the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Isn't VV mildly contemptuous of the other Types for not having a sense of self?

    Kinda makes you wonder what makes Brunestud different, since he seems to be, y'know, sapient.
    It was mentioned how they didn't possess a will of their own. It seemed like they didn't even use their minds or have the concept of knowledge until interacting with earth. Just carrying out the orders of their planet.

  9. #279149
    祖 Ancestor Sione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    1,207
    JP Friend Code
    318,917,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    There is sharing but also specifics otherwise the split would be meaningless. More importantly though is relevance and how material is disseminated which I think matters to them considering they put the breaks on the exploration of Church content. Anyway I hate to harp on this forever but I just believe they need to exercise caution since I think we're touching upon core concepts for Tsuki's backstory and this isn't the ideal place for delivery. It's not like they're lacking in loose threads they need to set up/tie up heading towards the end of Part 2 either. And for what it is worth, unless Nasu lied again, none of the other characters are supposed to be present in part 2 to begin with. Though I guess you had an unemployed mage from across space-time make a cameo... Nasu...

    For point 2: We can't say anything definitive about her name. I wouldn't be surprised if she's unique but first you have to ask if all the others act as Brains as well.
    I like how people are still in denial on whether or not Tsuki and Fate timeline crossover are possible when Melty Blood Back Alley Alliance Nightmare exists

  10. #279150
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,192
    Did anyone say that? If MBTL, FSF and MBBAAN are examples of the rare intersection Nasu mentioned then not much to worry about given how safe they've played it.

  11. #279151
    祖 Ancestor Sione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    1,207
    JP Friend Code
    318,917,579
    In the case of MBBAAN, it's anything but playing safe lol. It was released shortly after FGO came out, and the major plot points it implies only became apparent in FGO Part 2, with Olga being a Beast and Sion hanging with Chaldea.

    In many ways, the boundaries between the Fate and Tsuki worlds are at the same time being blurred out with FGO and becoming more distant with the Remake. Emphasis here on the fact that in FGO's case, the distinction are especially irrelevant because the scale of the narrative is transcendental, and with the example of the Lostbelts, could have more radical timeline divergence than the Tsukihime and Fate world split.

  12. #279152
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,192
    MB Sion foreshadowing(?) an au Sion that may as well be a different character and is basically a footnote + a Mini-Olga(With powers) repeating a cryptic remark about the future that implies she's not entirely irrelevant. I consider that pretty safe. We still don't really understand that character to this day. I appreciate the manga, especially Lev and that its basically its own little story and study on the overarching TM theme of possibilities.

    You could just drum up any reason to have characters from another universe interact. No one said otherwise and that's how you get collabs. I'm just not seeing them try and make any thorough link.

  13. #279153
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,784
    US Friend Code
    559186926
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    It was mentioned how they didn't possess a will of their own. It seemed like they didn't even use their minds or have the concept of knowledge until interacting with earth. Just carrying out the orders of their planet.
    So the Ultimate Ones are just extensions of their respective planet's will. Curious as to what defines a planet as an entity. Is it the planet itself, as in the star or the dominant species' collective unconscious that resides in it. That could explain how earth doesn't seem to have a definite UO of its own due to the authority split.


  14. #279154
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,527
    Well if you think about it Arc is already a joint product between humanity and the planet, or at least greatly inspired by the former. It was stated the brain of the planet manifesting in a human body is abnormal in itself.
    I would imagine a hypothetical Type Earth in a world where humanity doesn't exist could be something like Titan Gaia from God of Wars. Or even something like Tiamat could also apply but she doesn't quite fit the bill it seems.
    The Types from Notes have some characteristics that mirror their planet just in their physical apperance. Type Venus's flesh for example is the surface of Venus.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

    Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

  15. #279155
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    23,661
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Does it? I just clicked the one that didn't require their app like usual and it downloaded like usual. Though I was half-asleep at the time.
    I generally download it on my pc, and I know I'm not using a 32-bit OS. I'm just going to use the atlas discord to download it from now on though, maybe get around to doing the playstore thing to do paid gacha next anniversary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  16. #279156
    群星の探検家 Lily Emilio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Raulbhach, Dir Lifyna
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,690
    JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Well if you think about it Arc is already a joint product between humanity and the planet, or at least greatly inspired by the former. It was stated the brain of the planet manifesting in a human body is abnormal in itself.
    I would imagine a hypothetical Type Earth in a world where humanity doesn't exist could be something like Titan Gaia from God of Wars. Or even something like Tiamat could also apply but she doesn't quite fit the bill it seems.
    The Types from Notes have some characteristics that mirror their planet just in their physical apperance. Type Venus's flesh for example is the surface of Venus.
    Maybe it ties to the reason why the Earth couldn't create a Type on its own originally. One of the speculations I've seen is that it was because the Moon is an inseparable part of the Earth due to the hypothetical event of the ancient hypothetical planet Theia coming from outside the solar system, clashing with the primordial Earth and caused a huge chunk of it to become the Moon, most of Earth's water came from Theia and the core of it being fused with Earth's core which was the reason Earth's core is larger than expect for something of its size. That is why a Type-Moon can also take control of Earth (Moon Cell in Extraverse is equivalence to Type-Moon once it took administrative rights over Earth, and Crimson Moon planning to do that) and Earth's Ultimate One needs to be based on the Moon's Ultimate One, the "blood sisters" relationship.

    ORT is also an interesting case because now that we new it "arrived from the Oort Cloud" (Rasputin did not say it is the Oort Cloud's Ultimate One, just that it came from there) which isn't even a planet but a collective of space debris, the true origin of it might be from beyond the solar system even.

  17. #279157
    ~~~ manafusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,582
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I HAVENT EVEN STARTED WAAAAAAAH

    i'm so busy drawing my commission orders that these last 2 weeks i just logged in, buy blue apples, then closes app TT.TT
    Yeah, big oof. I respect the work situation because it's what brings in money but it sucks that we're now on an event that locks you out of the story. Hopefully, the event rolls around next year and you get to read it then.



    ​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

  18. #279158
    群星の探検家 Lily Emilio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Raulbhach, Dir Lifyna
    Age
    30
    Posts
    10,690
    JP Friend Code
    292051275; 098974302
    Didn't they say they will not rerun events often anymore.

  19. #279159
    ~~~ manafusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Didn't they say they will not rerun events often anymore.
    Well, yes. But we were also packed with other stuffs like Road to 7 taking up a decent amount of weeks for this year. So, I'm really hoping that events with welfare gets a rerun while events without one don't.

    Worst case, people who didn't get to see the story have to wait for it to enter the Main Interlude. Which... is very slow to happen. We did get 2 this year though, that's a big plus. The two that got added are also sorta connected to the main story so not really a good indicator.
    Last edited by manafusion; October 26th, 2022 at 11:16 PM.



    ​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

  20. #279160
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Maybe it ties to the reason why the Earth couldn't create a Type on its own originally. One of the speculations I've seen is that it was because the Moon is an inseparable part of the Earth due to the hypothetical event of the ancient hypothetical planet Theia coming from outside the solar system, clashing with the primordial Earth and caused a huge chunk of it to become the Moon, most of Earth's water came from Theia and the core of it being fused with Earth's core which was the reason Earth's core is larger than expect for something of its size. That is why a Type-Moon can also take control of Earth (Moon Cell in Extraverse is equivalence to Type-Moon once it took administrative rights over Earth, and Crimson Moon planning to do that) and Earth's Ultimate One needs to be based on the Moon's Ultimate One, the "blood sisters" relationship.

    ORT is also an interesting case because now that we new it "arrived from the Oort Cloud" (Rasputin did not say it is the Oort Cloud's Ultimate One, just that it came from there) which isn't even a planet but a collective of space debris, the true origin of it might be from beyond the solar system even.
    I see. That's a pretty interesting theory. Maybe Nasu is taking elements from that hypothesis. It does seem like it could explain a few things.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

    Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •