Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    This twitch streamer is currently reading the interview and translating it on the go:

https://www.twitch.tv/tolovetrouble

It's quite interesting, apparently the move from DW to Lasagne allowed them to make changes to the way they developed things, preventing crunch hours and making sure responsibilities were properly balanced. They wanted to implement append skills at the start of Part 2 for example but weren't able because of the way things were being handled.
    Gotta be honest, from the outside looking in I don't notice much of a difference. Maybe there are still some leftover delays that have been baked into the cake and we'll have to wait a bit to really bear the fruit of the change. But, as it stands, I just don't see it.

Probably the decision of making events last 3 weeks has something to do with this. Instead of forcing constant events and reruns happen in between in the span of two weeks, they probably decided to release an event and use the time it lasts to develop other things, as implementing a rerun still requires some preparation.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, that's discouraging. I'm still going to finish it because text is better for future searching and referencing, but that's a lot lower on the priority list now.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    From Nasu interview, about what to do after Part 2 story.

Spoiler:

You mentioned in a previous interview that you have two patterns prepared for the story after Part 2(A continuation, B end of chaldea's story and and start a new story), have anything changed since then?
    Nasu: Well, I actually want to go with the A route, however it's all up to the response of the players at this point. It could be said that only god knows now, so I am praying.
    I'm sorry everyone, Tsukihime will continue in the form of limited FGO events from now on.

I would much rather have an easily readable text-version to give to friends than a paraphrased hours-long vod, to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

JP Friend Code
    Ask me
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    I would much rather have an easily readable text-version to give to friends than a paraphrased hours-long vod, to be honest.
    This. Plus I trust Comuns translations a hell of a lot more lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Well, that's discouraging. I'm still going to finish it because text is better for future searching and referencing, but that's a lot lower on the priority list now.
    Thanks for doing so, as fumei said a text version that can be proofread and easily fixed for any errors is far better than a one-read translation that's behind a godawful Twitch VOD and is hard to reference for specific quotes. I don't think anyone's going to prefer the latter if the former's available.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I only posted the video for those that were interested in checking it now, but I also want a written version to reread over and over, plus I trust your translations a lot more.

Still don't know what to get for my CE exchange. They do absolutely nothing for me. Am I supposed to get another kaleido just for the fuck of it?

Gogh cards are now fully pawed.
    Now I just need more coins and grails for the last 4 levels.

Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...of course van gogh is a cute girl foreigner
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    ...I'll refrain from spoiling imaginary scramble but I'll just say Gogh's circumstances are complicated

There's quite a bit more to that, but you'd have to find Imaginary Scramble (4.5) to read for that.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Blog Entries
    oh, im sure its complicated

that was just a slightly facetious joke since... you know

This is what I picked out from Kannou/2-san's interview as notable for my friends, so I'll just dump it here (because idk if anything is doing a full translation atm and I'm not gonna do that either).

- the move to lasengle and being closer to aniplex meant they got more resources to work with and more staff
    - says there's been a lot of ideas from the new people, but the details are still a secret
    - apparently 5* embers were partly a method to catch new people up faster. In fact most of the systems they design are apparently viewed as like "how can it both help new players will being useful for old players"
    - pure prisms are also like that because they realized that like, you might just end up rolling characters you can't level. in part this is also because they want to keep new chapter materials a bit "rare" for at least a time, but then it's just impossible for new players to get them.
    - they want to make coins easier to get and the current coin system is only the "base"
    - some stuff like "batch collection of event rewards" (guess lotto) and skill speed up are literally added so you spend less time not reading story
    - says that they were inspired by tsukiRe on a technical level, which made them reconsider a lot of design choices, and one thing he gives as example is in 6.5 when you're in prison they utilize many different "layers" that they can switch between to make it feel like an actual space
    - the interviewer mentions the increasing amount of "minigames" in new events, and kannou says this is another way for them to not have events feel so same-y. They're also reducing the amount of reruns in order to focus on "new kinds of playing" for new events.
    - a surprising thing is that for these events, the writer was the one who got to come up with the system so that it fit the story and then let them develop it; missisippi mining and dog expeditions are both examples of this
    - for lotto events they want to make it even faster and easier to get your rewards
    - a servant that had a big reaction from kannou was constantine, going from handsome michael to fearsome constantine, and seeing the player reactions to that
    - they also talk about Constantine's NP and animations here, and again they say that they want to push for more enhancements in that area to really preserve this feeling of being part of something cinematic
    - interviewer asks if they can increase stats on bond CEs, to which he says he can't go into details but that you should make sure to get bond CEs in the future because you'll probably want to use them

- the latest grailfront was supposed to have been much sooner but LB6 delays caused it to be delayed as well
    - there's a ton of stuff they want to do for grailfront, but doing it all at once would take so long they would have to stop developing the rest of FGO for a year. instead, they're taking it step by step, and different elements will be included in each instance of it
    - the reason you get a big bonus if your servant is next to the master (I didn't know this??) is because it has a big "fate feel" to it
    - they received good feedback about the cost changes to different classes, but negative feedback about the whole thing becoming "too complex"
    - he really hopes BB fans liked the final stage
    - grailfront was originally supposed to be a game mode where the devs could just do it on their own without bothering the writers, but for the latest one he actually went and asked nasu for a scenario (in other words Nasu wrote this one)
    - rather than this being a 2.0 version of the grailfront system, he says it's more like 0.2 since they've only done about 20% of what they want to
    - he wants to increase the scale of grailfront scenarios to where they're like an rpg where the story can't be contained to a single section. the interviewer asks if it'd ever be included in the main story, but at that point kannou wants it to be more integrated than going scenario->grailfront->scenario
    - he can't promise they'll have scenarios for every grailfront but at least the next one will have one, and it'll larger than a regular event (but only if they can stick to the schedule)
    - the group that makes grailfront is apparently separate from the ones who make regular events, since it takes so much longer. they're also divided between the people who make the stages and who develop the AI
    - all units in grailfront use the same base AI but sometimes get special AI on top of that (like Jason would run away from disadvantages)
    - they want to do other class specific stuff, like archers having longer range and assassins having PC
    - they kinda wanna make the cost limit higher but right now it's balanced around being able to clear without CEs, and eventually you'd just end up with full lineups of SSRs and SRs, whereas now you at least have to think a little bit about it
    - he would like to make party forming easier though, like an auto-system based on cost

- road to 7 has added "super recollection" quests that are like harder versions of story fights, and they were aiming for about the top 10% of players to beat these.
    - they're making individual adjustments to each battle rather than just pumping stats
    - for cernunnos he's unsure if they'll be able to stick to those 10%
    - when asked about plans for the 8th year, and he mentions the quick chain and mighty chain stuff in hopes that it'll make quick more useable
    - he'd like to do a huge gameplay system event like imaginary scramble again, something that makes people go "this is fgo but it's like a whole other game", but ofc they can't just throw around events like that easily
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Blog Entries
    whats a grailfront?

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    whats a grailfront?
    A special event/minigame where you move around single Servants on a map, with limited composition and where moving cost you points. It's turn based, and your goal is to defeat an AI controlled opposite team by killing all the opposing Servants or by killing the enemy Master.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    Quick CCC-related Grailfront gameplay but it's a solo and not with a team. Oh and Amakusa animation update and costume, btw.
    Last edited by Rentenzen; August 3rd, 2022 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    whats a grailfront?
    Here's a video so you get an idea. From the most recent one:

Blog Entries
    whoaaaa

thats like, almost whole different game innit?