Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Blog Entries
    Yeah like who cares Tamamo is the biggest damage boost for arts NP. She is at least on par with Bride as you would primarily alternate between the two depending on whether you want more damage or refund.
    Any sensible list would have
    - big... what is it now? Castoria, Oberon, Tamamok, Skadi, Bride, Reines, Waver, Merlin, Tamamo? We big 9 now. I wonder if we'll become Chaldea's Eleven someday.
    - Everyone else
    Because no farming servant works outside of support setup
    Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Yeah like who cares Tamamo is the biggest damage boost for arts NP. She is at least on par with Bride as you would primarily alternate between the two depending on whether you want more damage or refund.
    Any sensible list would have
    - big... what is it now? Castoria, Oberon, Tamamok, Skadi, Bride, Reines, Waver, Merlin, Tamamo? We big 9 now. I wonder if we'll become Chaldea's Eleven someday.
    - Everyone else
    Because no farming servant works outside of support setup
    Nuff said
    Wait, Tamamo is the biggest boost for Arts NP? I thought that still goes to Caster. Since 30% + 20% Atk Up and 50% Arts Up. Although, if we're going by pure skill buffs alone, then yes. Then again, she'll always be second pick for Arts team comps, if you don't care about min-maxing your bond point gains.
    Last edited by manafusion; December 4th, 2021 at 11:28 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

Blog Entries
    That is only if you can cast NP which is not always the case
    And even if so, Tamamo is the biggest boost after x1 x2 Castoria for no-2x-support teams or plugsuit teams

I don't think I've ever NP'd with Koyan once lol

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Okay, so when you add the context of system play being de-emphasized and order change not being considered then I can understand why Tamamo's farming value would drop off as that is where she performs best. But I really can't see how that makes those other guys As when in practice I know that I'm about 100x more likely to use Tamamo for farming than fucking Cu Alter.

And the argument that it makes sense when you look at those below them doesn't really seem to hold much water either. Bradamante is placed at B rank, so below them, when she actually has loop potential and a targetable battery. She is infinitely more useful in a farming comp than those dudes.
    To give more context on the list as a whole, it seems to revolve around the observation that nearly every event this year has had a 50% charge 200% power CE, and the view that 5 or 6 CE farming doesn't really matter outside of lottery. So the idea was to pivot the list from one that ranked based on ability to one based on convenience like speed, number of taps, etc. So the list is giving Iskander and Cu so much value because they hit hard with Kaleidoscope. But some of the logic behind it is misguided and strange, and in general it doesn't seem useful. Even the comments on Appmedia are questioning it. I'm guessing that the list will be overhauled again somewhat soon.
    Last edited by Waku Waku; December 5th, 2021 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    I don't think I've ever NP'd with Koyan once lol
    If you're running Tamamo with Koyan as supports, something's wrong.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waku Waku View Post
    To give more context on the list as a whole, it seems to revolve around the observation that nearly every event this year has had a 50% charge 200% power CE, and the view that 5 or 6 CE farming doesn't really matter outside of lottery. So the idea was to pivot the list from one that ranked based on ability to one based on convenience like speed, number of taps, etc. So the list is giving Iskander and Cu so much value because they hit hard with Kaleidoscope. But some of the logic behind it is misguided and strange, and in general it doesn't seem useful. Even the comments on Appmedia are questioning it. I'm guessing that the list will be overhauled again somewhat soon.
    I mean, it's Appmedia. I'm convinced they maintain controversial tierlists just to generate traffic at this point.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Try making a tier-list that isn't controversial.

All things considered, the "Should-you-pull" tier-list they have actually has fairly strong usability. To which degree is a Servant's gameplay strong enough that it warrants investment, essentially.

Of course, there is more nuance to it than that, given that most people will probably have to consider synergies as well. No need to feel like pulling Dantes if you don't have Skadi, for example. (Though that example feels so outdated by now...)
    Last edited by Petrikow; December 6th, 2021 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Try making a tier-list that isn't controversial.

All things considered, the "Should-you-pull" tier-list they have actually has fairly strong usability. To which degree is a Servant's gameplay strong enough that it warrants investment, essentially.

Of course, there is more nuance to it than that, given that most people will probably have to consider synergies as well. No need to feel like pulling Dantes if you don't have Skadi, for example. (Though that example feels so outdated by now...)
    Oppai size tier list. Clearly not controversial in the slightest.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Huh, just found out Appmedia changed its format again. The categories are only Strategy and Loop, if google translate is any indication?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    ^
    that's still walkthrough and farming.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Ayyyyy a datamining warning in English, they'll never take our numbers from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    ^
    that's still walkthrough and farming.
    攻略 is not 'walkthrough' in this context. That doesn't even make any sense. fumei and Comun already explained it last page.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I know it's subjective, but I'm really surprised how high Vlad's placement is, that he's considered on par with Merlin and True Orion in both categories in AppMedia. It's understandable if Castoria is taken into account, but Merlin and True Orion are pretty self-sufficient without help from supports. Is he really that good after various buffs, I wonder.

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    FINALLY.

It took me around 300k FP just to get enough copies for the last grail. I'm not even going to bother with the append skills.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    FINALLY.

It took me around 300k FP just to get enough copies for the last grail. I'm not even going to bother with the append skills.

Congrats, it was probably a long and painful journey.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I did Appends first
    3+ million FP in the Nobukatsu banner for CE XP and I'm still 126 coins short for 120

FINALLY.

This is huge! Congratulations!

Super good stuff. Congrats on the flex.

FINALLY.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Appmedia assumes you have the servant in their best possible party composition (NP level within reason like Lancelot), -F Luck be damned.

So if you're a Buster AOE servant with a 30-50% battery you can generate three straight turns worth of NPs that nuke everything in the game plus 200% or more Buster crits that generate NP thanks to Koyansaka, Oberon, Kscope and the 20% battery append if needed. This includes those nasty 2/1/2 lancer final event nodes DW has been implementing to abuse the fact that Sitonai and Squirtoria were the go-to ST loopers. Kintoki/Koyan/Koyan and/or Oberon wipe raid bosses regardless of class, and his NP remains one of the faster ones in the game making it your bread and butter for resources come time.