Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    That implies sentience from the Human Order. What's happening is that with only CHALDEAS remaining on the bleached earth, it became the sole keystone of human history, and so it gets automatic protection from the Human Order (which is literally meant to preserve human history). The text also makes it more than clear that the block is internal, not external. It's a perception thing on our side. Also, the extra classes aren't to be used only by the Human Order, as Romani says they are outside the purview of pan-human history.
    Nah, both factors are mentioned in the text you posted, but the whole premise is so forced and half assed that it feels like an intended effort to drag the story.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I don't really think they'll do this. First and foremost is because it's too far removed from FGO already. Yes, the first three of the extra classes were originally made in their stories by human hands to artificially fill some role, and they have no place in the World's own system (Grands, on which Servant summoning is based), but this has had zero bearing on FGO as a whole so far. Not once did they treat the existence of any such extra class as anomalous or even a little bit strange. It's always treated like a natural occurrence. The most we get is profiles (i.e., not story) making half-assed references to the original introduction works (Amakusa being Ruler in FGO despite it being a technicality in Apocrypha). Hell, the appearance of any extra class is taken at face value by all of Chaldea. When Holmes describes Pretender, he simply gives the requirements as far as he conjectures for the Saint Graph pattern in front of him, but he never questions how a completely new pattern somehow came into being.

That, alongside the fact that OC is supposed to be about introspectives from Chaldea's side makes it dubious at best that they would tie it back into the original introduction stories, because arguably, being confronted with the fact that these classes are "fake" or "artificial" to serve a human, selfish purpose, will only further the mental block affecting Chaldea. It would provide the opposite effect to "proving why these classes are to be used for saving the Human Order".

That said, the Alter Ego one will obviously have EXTRA stuff, so there's that.
    That implies sentience from the Human Order. What's happening is that with only CHALDEAS remaining on the bleached earth, it became the sole keystone of human history, and so it gets automatic protection from the Human Order (which is literally meant to preserve human history). The text also makes it more than clear that the block is internal, not external. It's a perception thing on our side. Also, the extra classes aren't to be used only by the Human Order, as Romani says they are outside the purview of pan-human history.
    But wouldn't introspect things require analyzing them? If their origins aren't determined first, then I don't see how they will ever begin to "understand and assess" them.

Additionally, with that dialogue brought up, now I'm really confused with what it is they need to do exactly. From the narrative, looks like anomalies appear all over the world after the warning is issued, but if the problem lies in Novum Chaldea itself, what do these anomalies have to do with them? Why can't they just analyze the Class containers themselves in Storm Border?

Doylist explanation would be "fillers dude, don't think too hard", but I hope the Watsonian one is given as soon as the first OC released. At least in EoR it's clearly explained to be Singularities caused by
    Surviving Demon God Pillars
    Remnants of The Incinerations
    Last edited by OnesFleetingGlory; March 20th, 2023 at 05:51 AM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Her buster animation will be her summoning a giant piece of cake that falls from the sky on top of the enemy, saying "let them eat cake" putting her hand in front of her face and going "ohohohoho"
    Perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxXx2021 View Post
    This. Since we still essentially don't have the name of the first Ordeal Call and the icon on the preview. It was similar after the release of Avalon Le Fae, where the preview of 7 Lostbelt had no name and no icon. We all got it after the Traum release.
    Random thought: So chapter release time for the last few years has been six months and one or more Ordeal Calls may have a .5 chapter before. This could mean that Ordeal Call takes four years(6 months * 4 * 2) to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    But wouldn't introspect things require analyzing them? If their origins aren't determined first, then I don't see how they will ever begin to "understand and assess" them.

Additionally, with that dialogue brought up, now I'm really confused with what it is they need to do exactly. From the narrative, looks like anomalies appear all over the world after the warning is issued, but if the problem lies in Novum Chaldea itself, what do these anomalies have to do with them? Why can't they just analyze the Class containers themselves in Storm Border?
    Well, Da Vinci says something along the lines of "well surely a singularity or something must have appeared then" but nothing is ever confirmed as of now, so we don't know what shape the calls will take, if any physical shape at all. Regardless, I feel like you're answering your own question. They can't "just analyze the class containers" because this isn't about solving an equation or finding a solution to a problem you've been given by the world. It's a mental block where the mindset of the characters themselves are preventing passing through the Human Order wall, not the world stopping them.

Like, if this was something that could be solved by just logical analyzation then it likely wouldn't be such a deep rooted mindset that we didn't even recognize it until we were told (ignore that it's an asspull to pad content).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    Random thought: So chapter release time for the last few years has been six months and one or more Ordeal Calls may have a .5 chapter before. This could mean that Ordeal Call takes four years(6 months * 4 * 2) to finish.
    Even if we assume no .5 and lowest possible average (same as part 2 with all major story events included), that's 4 months, which is like one and a half year. I wouldn't really expect OC to have .5 chapters though, but I would expect us to actually do the optional 4th, so yeah, 16 months, or if you take the average of story chapters in part 2 without events it's 5 months per, so 20 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Well, 12-16 months from the start of the first OC, rather. Which is a reasonable expectation.

Anyway, there's likely no chapter before the first OC because there's no shiny dot. We need a shiny dot. Besides, the Arcade collab is certainly a Main Interlude and usually those are some sort of lead-in. Not sure how it'd connect, but perhaps.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Basically the Human Order has no "rational thinking" to it as we've seen, and its just blocking invaders. we see ourselves as tainted invaders for using illegal weapons made by mages to profit, so we get blocked. The Human Order can't think "Hmm, these guys are helpful, I'll give them a pass", it's basically a computer that follows strict guidelines without room for being flexible.

I think an example of this is how Grands lose their crown helping Chaldea because they need to follow a "directive" of obeying the world and not helping humans individually. Is Chaldea helping them achieve the goal they were summoned for anyway? Kinda. Will that stop them from enforcing the directive of "help human, lose crown, get fucked bozo"? No. I think it's really like a computer program without malleable rules or independent thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    I think an example of this is how Grands lose their crown helping Chaldea because they need to follow a "directive" of obeying the world and not helping humans individually. Is Chaldea helping them achieve the goal they were summoned for anyway? Kinda. Will that stop them from enforcing the directive of "help human, lose crown, get fucked bozo"? No. I think it's really like a computer program without malleable rules or independent thought.
    ngl, that sounds like it could lead to an interesting gameplay update for the end of Ordeal Call: Being able to upgrade our Servants to Grand status by paying a certain cost (read: tribute to Human Order). Only the regular seven classes can be upgraded to Grand as well, to keep with the theme... Unless Grand Foreigner ORT made it such that Extra classes can also be Grands.

Actually, what if the whole Ordeal Call is for Human Order to see if Extra Classes are worthy of being qualified for Grand status? The whole "we mingled with Extra classes too much" is because it's causing them to be more prevalent in our world rather than maintaining the default class system and thus we're basically going out to prove that they're fine to be incorporated into the class summoning system as a 'regular class' and allow them to be granted Grand status as well if need be.
    Last edited by manafusion; March 20th, 2023 at 09:51 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

I mean, in theory, if the classes are accepted by Alaya, they should be able to have Grand containers. The candidates are obvious though (particularly because they're limited), so it makes me wonder if there's even a point to having Grand versions of them.

I made a meme shitpost about how this will lead to grand extra classes but I dont fully believe it will happen. If it's purely self contained, and chaldea coming to terms with how they're meant to be used for the betterment of humanity and feeling less alien, probably not. If Pan Human History sees their struggles and understanding of how the classes are meant to operate and how they can actually help humanity in times of crisis, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    You are under the mistaken assumption that the ordeal call chapters aren’t basically the .5 chapters in terms of function.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokesamus217 View Post
    You are under the mistaken assumption that the ordeal call chapters aren’t basically the .5 chapters in terms of function.
    Depends if you count them as Part 2 or Part 2.5. I guess we'll see how they're numbered in the code?

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    I mean, in theory, if the classes are accepted by Alaya, they should be able to have Grand containers. The candidates are obvious though (particularly because they're limited), so it makes me wonder if there's even a point to having Grand versions of them.
    I mean... the only Grand Moon Cancer that won't actively destroy Earth and it's inhabitants due to their nature is Arcueid so that's true.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I don't want Arcueid to be Alaya's lackey.

Geez Arcueid, how come the world lets you be True Ancestor princess, Ultimate one, Archetype, and Grand Cancer?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Ganesha.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by VTKajin View Post
    Depends if you count them as Part 2 or Part 2.5. I guess we'll see how they're numbered in the code?
    The code doesn't do .5 numbering. OC prologue is numbered "4", just as EoR was numbered "2". We'll only know whether it counts as "part 2.5" or "part 3" once they put it in a news post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

This Sunday we will have the AnimeJapan 2023 stream:

We will probably get news about the Collab event if it's the same as last year.

Oh geez, 1am EDT... I forget, is this one of the ones that goes for like an hour+ and then does reveals in the last few minutes, or does it actually sprinkle information throughout?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    most ppl are waiting for Mahoyo anime news.