Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    merlin throwing grands at you

get the fuck out, garbage wizard
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I think Buster's problem lies on how simple its purpose for. Arts is tied to NP gen for NP loop, Quick is tied to stargen for critting and NP loop if buffed enough, while Buster is meant for raw damage. Before break bar introduction, Buster was the most prized card type due to limited good support for other types, and the fastest way to kill enemies. Now, that simplicity backfired as the game adds more gimmicks like break bar, forcing players to need more sustained damage. There are no game mechanics that relates to Buster like the other cards do, at least not that I know of. It's making Buster the least appealing.

Merlin helps alleviate that problem with his NP regen, but not sure how else they can "save" Buster without tweaking the card's mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    The "meta" thing is more of me mocking the concept of treating Arts like the current meta, specially when Castoria can also be used on Buster and Quick teams because of how busted she is. The only thing Castoria did is make things even easier for both farming and challenge quest, but the other supports are still viable.

Heck, if we have to define a meta, then all top supports are the meta, because having them pretty much makes even shit Servants work. The interesting part of this game is seeing what Servants can shine without needing or relying that much on them.
    Ah, sorry I missed that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    I think Buster's problem lies on how simple its purpose for. Arts is tied to NP gen for NP loop, Quick is tied to stargen for critting and NP loop if buffed enough, while Buster is meant for raw damage. Before break bar introduction, Buster was the most prized card type due to limited good support for other types, and the fastest way to kill enemies. Now, that simplicity backfired as the game adds more gimmicks like break bar, forcing players to need more sustained damage. There are no game mechanics that relates to Buster like the other cards do, at least not that I know of. It's making Buster the least appealing.

Merlin helps alleviate that problem with his NP regen, but not sure how else they can "save" Buster without tweaking the card's mechanism.
    Crits. More specifically, crit builds are still the mainstay of Buster builds. As nice as Quick crits are for generating more stars to crit consistently, Buster has the highest damage potential of them all. Which is why Arjuna Alter and Chad Orion works. The downside is that they're useful not for farming but for CQs and boss fights, which we don't do more than farming.

EDIT: You'd think that Quick are the king of crits but they're mainly there to generate stars more than crit for high amounts of damage. They can be consistently critting but they don't hit for more than Buster crits.
    Last edited by manafusion; May 18th, 2021 at 08:38 AM.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Ereshkigal deserves nothing as long as she keeps failing to show up when I roll for her. Ishtar Supremacy imo

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of, Ishtar BANZAI. She killed Musashi, King Hassan, Himiko, Voyager, and Da Vinci. Meanwhile Kama killed Orion, Achilles, and Herk while Meltryllis took Ushi and Saber cleaned up the rest. Merlin had me spooked with all of his Servants at first, but this map was easier than the last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Having tried it myself yet, but it looks Merlin doesn't have any strategy other than THREE GRAND SERVANTS!!!1!

Having tried it myself yet, but it looks Merlin doesn't have any strategy other than THREE GRAND SERVANTS!!!1!
    Herc just slaughtered everything as per usual

More importantly, Herc with Bond CE is stronger than Herc without Bond CE. As expected of Herc's bond with Illya.

That is totally in character for him.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    Herk's improved guts is lackluster unless you have Snow Castle. Since it is still a chore to get to bond 10, I think the returns are just fair.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    People actually expect/still have hope for limited Servants getting buffed?

Poor Eresh still waiting for acknowledgement she even still exists from DW, let alone getting a buff to take her NP damage to the normal level and it's been like 3.5 years.
    Why yes i sincerely hope Kiara's VIP status gets her preferential treatment once again

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Herk's improved guts is lackluster unless you have Snow Castle. Since it is still a chore to get to bond 10, I think the returns are just fair.
    Agreed. Plus, ignoring his Bond CE, it makes Herc be able to use other Guts CE without being restricted and lets Herc be stronger with each Guts triggered. Obviously, the best CE is still his Bond CE since it just gives a ton of Guts on a Servant that would otherwise get killed on Turn 4 against an enemy Servant, at best. With no means of proactively doing tons of damage on his own, I might add. His NP is out of the question without a CE but that reduces his survivability by a lot, his damage is solely on trying to get as many Buster cards without any meaningful damage boost outside of stacking Guts revive bonuses and his Atk Up buff together which means that pre-Guts proc will see him doing decent but not great amounts of damage vs Class Advantage and he doesn't have any great sustain either outside of 1 turn of Dodge, 1-use Guts and maybe a Guts or 3-use Invul from another CE. Honestly, Herc still needs help in almost every department but they're clearly being very conservative because of how much value his Bond CE brings to the table in specific scenarios.

I mean, I guess you could meme around with Necromancy CE to achieve the same level or greater than Herc's own Bond CE but it's clearly such a gamble that it's not reliable enough to be considered decent over any other 1-use Guts.

EDIT: The only reason why Herc is as obnoxious in Grail Front as he is right now is because of how Breaking enemy Servants work in that mode. The fact that you can just skip the enemy's attack phase by Breaking their HP bar is akin to taking no damage that turn and that really helps him out in elongating his survivability when paired with his skills and Bond CE. I personally don't hate it but, clearly, he has a ton of issues outside of damage and survivability that needs to be addressed if he wants to perform as more than just a Guts-machine.
    Last edited by manafusion; May 18th, 2021 at 11:26 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Herc being so busted is totally in character for him though. Love that story and gameplay integration

Blog Entries
    I'm still using Herk as my safety net for story quests just in case. So him being a guts machine is good enough for that final push you need for victory.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I'm still using Herk as my safety net for story quests just in case. So him being a guts machine is good enough for that final push you need for victory.
    At this point, that's probably his only meaningful role in non-Grail Front battles, ain't it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    At this point, that's probably his only meaningful role in regular battles, ain't it?
    Better than no role at all IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    Herc being so busted is totally in character for him though. Love that story and gameplay integration
    He's only a third of the way there though. He needs the full 12 Guts! Before the Bond CE, that is!

US Friend Code
    Berserker won't lose to anyone, because he's the strongest in the world

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    I thought I'd have to finish off Merlin's three remaining Servants after my Cus, Astraea and Euryale swept through his ranks, but nope, Merlin just threw himself in front of Cuzilla in the end.

Anyway, a grail, a lore, and 7 tickets, all in a week with no farming required. Damn, Grail fronts are good.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok, now I did play it for myself, and wow, what a fun map. It'd probably surprisingly easy if Heracles hadn't eaten half my units (Archer Nightingale died in vain to let Kagetora finish in the first bar, then Arthuria, Kagetora, and Medea took off the other two by shooting their 3 NPs in sequence, but da Vinci was quick to finish them off after that), but thanks to that balancing factor, I was forced to change my win condition from punching Merlin to wiping out all 6 remaining Servants with just Berserker Nightingale and Martha. And by that I mean Martha killed all of them along. As the name suggests, the Ruler Class really does rule this game.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Man today’s grail front reminds me once again how much a beast of a unit robin is.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"