Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    So, no actual explanation yet as to why Archetype is different from Type?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I believe there's something in the materials for Case Files that if Olga reached her true potential she could school all the other Lords of the Clock Tower combined, so perhaps her beastyness is related to that.
    Didn't know that. Maybe it's the reason she's made a Type-Earth candidate in Animusphere's grand scheme of things. And their brand of magecraft specialize on harnessing powers from outside earth like meteors, as opposed to Arcueid's earth-related powers make for interesting thematic contrast imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz View Post
    Still, he seems to be the only one who has faith in her. I think the concept of her being a joke heroine is going to get carried through to the end. At least as long as she is a bad guy. Maybe she'll join again as a good guy against a different threat though.
    I'm secretly hoping she'll get a whole chapter to flesh out her backstory and character before confronting her for real. As unpopular as that may sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    If only... Been waiting 15 years for an answer. Just different interpretations. My interpretation based on stuff from Tsuki no Sango it seems a planet's brain/soul is something artificial, as in it's not something a planet naturally possesses.
    The Aristoteles that we know of, for what it's worth, are not meaningfully sapient. It's difficult to even recognize them as alive. All they do is sit upon their planet, existing as a final defense mechanism and instrument of alien purpose.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.
    For the priest, the golden princess was the one and only main heroine.
    Everyone else was unworthy of his respect, no matter how strong they were.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    The profile barely touches upon this. The only think we can conclude as a fact now is that Archetype = a Planet's soul. We are still waiting for further elaboration on it as a concept and how it differs from Type, if at all.
    I took the Altrouge line as an explanation. It basically says "shes an ultimate one, but not really THE ONE until Altrouge is BTFO", although it doesn't directly say it's related to the Archetype title, it kind of implies it.

Way I see it Archetype and Type are different but not mutually exclusive titles and functions. Archetype is the soul/brain of the planet, but assuming Ultimate One = Type then yeah, the only reason Arc doesn't get the Type Earth title as well is because Altrouge is relative enough to her to compete for the title. Then again, it's just a title, I'm not sure it's going to mean anything beyond that.
    The priest was waiting for the arrival of the princess, who was only an enemy of all of them.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

It's a Type. If it's not physically weird to the nth degree, it's not doing it properly.
    Well, for one thing, the description kinda just isn't congruent with both what we've learned so far through character materials and what's been implied through the preview silhouette. For another, the English translation in the game actually takes the stance that it's describing where ORT is as well. Taking both into consideration, it's probably just that the first translation we've received as a fandom was wrong. Sorry if I'm being rude somehow, this topic just reminds me of when some people used this quite likely incorrect tidbit to justify their claim that the Ultimate One in the same general area with similar behavior and status somehow isn't ORT, and it kinda grinds my gears.
    Last edited by Exhaunted; October 25th, 2022 at 10:37 PM.

Just wanna confirm, are we all expecting to see a ton of South American Servants in LB7?

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

JP Friend Code
    Mizukune is such an Olga fan. She never seemed such an interesting character to fawn on though. Better stick to the fox lady.
    kekw if you ever looked at my posts history you would know that she is actually my most hated FGO character, and probably in all of TM. There is a difference between blindly believe in the so-call "this character is untouchable" copium I've seen in many fandoms only to be slapped by the writers of them being taken down left and right, and be realistic with the ways writers can drive the plot. It reminds me of the Yonkou fans in One Piece fandom having insane belief that the emperors are untouchable and even the idea of the protagonist and his peers touching them = bad writing. And now a literal clown is made a Yonkou and the one holding the title strongest creature on the planet got defeated when the MC started clowning on him with toon world. Believing in the powerlvl so much to the point of being in constant fog of copium that your character is invincible, the strongest, untouchable, when the writer is the one who ultimately decides who get clowned on, yeah that is not me.

Still, he seems to be the only one who has faith in her. I think the concept of her being a joke heroine is going to get carried through to the end. At least as long as she is a bad guy. Maybe she'll join again as a good guy against a different threat though.
    Idk how you are still thinking Olga is the one to be defeated. She is the one Chaldea try to rescue. There are signs pointing to the true culprit being the so-called "alien god" entity that might be the "specimen E", an actual alien who has no body initially, and now might be piloting the Beast VII body, which it does not care for and can jump to ORT's when having the chance. In fact, the easiest way for Chaldea to save Olga, getting her back, is for the alien parasite to leave her body to parasite ORT. I don't have faith in Olga. I have faith that Nasu can still make this alien specimen plot resolves with satisfaction because "lmao not aliens just Marisbilly" in my personal opinion is meh.

Also I would appreciate if you refer to me by my current handle instead of the one I stopped using for several years now. And finally a fun fact: my first account I made to join this forum is named ORT, I bet nobody here knows it (other than the forum system that can notice the same timeframe and IP when creation as this account I guess) since I never posted on it. That should be enough to tell you whose side I am on in this whole clown vs spider.

Heh, I was joking. I know you don't actually think that's the case. No need for so much doomposting though, you'll never know how it'll turn out.

Tsukihime 2 Prelude III

JP Friend Code
    It's not doomposting tho. With how FGO writing has been questionable with Nasu and the writing team making dumb decisions lately, clown writing is a much larger possibility than you think it is. I am simply training myself to accept the worst case scenario.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly Battory View Post
    She wouldn't be anymore out of place than U-Olga.
    Kirishima aptly put it but in the end there also appears to be a thematic Alaya/Gaia divide and the fact remains that she's essentially the equivalent of the being whose presence Nasu seems to link with the setting split in the first place. Arc acting with a heavy hand from her position also seems at odds with her stance in the manga. I also wouldn't want lore pertinent to the original vampire species, CM or whatever spent in Fate anymore than I'd want U-Olga, Grands and Beasts showing up in Red Garden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    Nothing concrete other than Ultimate One(Original One), which may or may not relate to her true name at all, is specifically framed from the perspective of the Tsukihime setting. And she isn't confirmed as ONE(Presumably the same thing?) until settling things with her sister in what may be a highlander ripoff. Her role as the planet's brain/soul may not necessarily be equivalent to being recognized as UO(OO). However given that we know from the old continuity that the planet seemingly wanted to create a king like the moon, CM was attempting to create a proper successor that the TA succeeded in with Arc, and now that the reason TA were desired in the first place is to create the Brain... it's all connected in an elaborate plot that's at the heart of the Tsukihime setting imo. Wait for True Arc or Tsuki 2 since we probably need Alt for the complete picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    I am simply training myself to accept the worst case scenario.
    Appropriate technique for reacting to worst case scenario

It's a Type. If it's not physically weird to the nth degree, it's not doing it properly.
    It'll be a cute high school girl and you know it.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    It'll be a cute high school girl and you know it.
    the most unnatural thing of all
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

https://news.fate-go.jp/2022/event_xvlqi/

Upcoming event announced, requires Avalon Le Fae BUT parts of it are still playable just by having cleared Fuyuki.
    Last edited by Entelecheia; October 26th, 2022 at 05:21 AM.

Very high possibility this is a lotto event. They're telling us that you only need LB6 clear for the main story quests jand the rest of the quests only need Fuyuki cleared. Wouldn't be surprised if they want to make the lotto easily available to new players.

Also new main Interlude, Imaginary Scramble. More backlog to read now castor.
    Last edited by Oz1337; October 26th, 2022 at 05:23 AM.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccc
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Imaginary Scramble is basically the sequel/payoff to Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Oh no, we have to clear the map manually instead of getting it instantly cleared. Second main interlude that is a chore to clear, Ooku being the first one...

US Friend Code
    Is this the first time an event has had two separate requirement tiers like this?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    hey uh
    what does it mean when the apk from apkpure said
    cant install in my device

- - - Updated - - -

ok its installed now but i cant get away from the opening white screen
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3