Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    I knew Surfmo got her NP gen buffed, didn’t know about Saber Archer

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Artoria Archer was normal and Swimsuit Mordred sucked ass so Takeuchi used his dark powers to boost both of their NP gain so they ascended into godhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    remember when they "fixed" saber archer
    And Mordred (Rider).

Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    No, what was the bug?
    There wasn't a bug. They just decided to increase both Saber Archer's and Mordred (Rider)'s base NP Gain rates because why not.
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    For the anni i'm expecting Proto merlin and some changes to gatcha.

#2 isn't getting fired anytime soon. He took over while LB6 was being developed so he couldn't just change plans to fix the problems he knew it would bring that is unless you wanted it to be delayed another 3 months.

I think that FGO will start to improve. They will make a roadmap to start repairing the game and rebuilding trust in the community.

The end result? Probolly a commitment to have more new content, a tsukimhime collab event, more QOL updates.
    I'd like old events being able to return like CCC and put welfare servants in Friend point gatcha for new players to get.

Last is a pity system. I'm 100% ok with FGO not having one, but it's overwelmingly clear that the player base wants one.

I think you're nuts but that does sound marvelous

I have some expectations for anniversary too, simply because of its timing matching with LB6, which may make them do something special about it. Plus there's a chance that Ono has been able to participate more in FGO, hopefully influencing it in a good way. The Tsukihime collab though, next year guaranteed, no way they release a collab so close to the game release, at least a year must pass so there's no issue with spoilers.

I do wonder if they will introduce summer Servants in it btw, we still don't know anything about the next Summer event. With the current focus on LB6 who knows if that will happen.
    Last edited by Oz1337; July 22nd, 2021 at 03:24 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubergeneral View Post
    For the anni i'm expecting Proto merlin and some changes to gatcha.
    They really need to do some daily and new player QoL improvements if they want to try and get new people to stick around.

#2 isn't getting fired anytime soon. He took over while LB6 was being developed so he couldn't just change plans to fix the problems he knew it would bring that is unless you wanted it to be delayed another 3 months.
    Uh, what? Two basically ran out of Salt River headed stuff by the end of 2019, which means LB5.2 onwards squarely rests on his shoulders. Dunno how much involvement he had on LB5.1, though the various ball bosses, repeat Cerberus bosses, no Odysseus, etc etc, could show how much he was involved with LB5.1 as well.

I think that FGO will start to improve. They will make a roadmap to start repairing the game and rebuilding trust in the community.
    We'll see. I can hope for as much as I'd like, but I'm expecting little to nothing based on how much a disappointment Anniversary 5 was.

The end result? Probolly a commitment to have more new content, a tsukimhime collab event, more QOL updates.
    I'd like old events being able to return like CCC and put welfare servants in Friend point gatcha for new players to get.
    If they go into the RP shop without making it easier for newer players to get RPs, then it'll be mostly worthless for them.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    After those chapters with support Casthuria going above level 100, I'm worried their big anniversary surprise will increasing the level cap without doing anything to make Grails less scarce.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    give me np5 mashu for anniv, dw
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Speaking of Mashu, will LB6 finally increase her bond again? It's been years at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    give me np5 mashu for anniv, dw
    Any upgrade to Mash is probably going to be connected to story progression, I seriously doubt it's anniversary that gives her an upgrade.

Though taking into account the last part of LB6 is released in like 3 days after anniversary ends, you won't have to wait much to know if she gets one after LB6 ends.

US Friend Code
    Mash is definitely getting an upgrade after LB6, even if it's just NP5 and level 100.

With how pressed for getting things released on time they are after not having done anything for so long, I find it hard to believe LB6 was already being developed 19 months ago. Or that he's had literally no involvement in the actual game for 19 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    I do wonder if they will introduce summer Servants in it btw, we still don't know anything about the next Summer event. With the current focus on LB6 who knows if that will happen.
    No summer event after scrapping Halloween years ago will be the death knell for the game. Summer is the one time that forgotten or awful units have a chance for a fresh start. Basically, there's zero chance we don't get one unless they want to actually kill the game straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    After those chapters with support Casthuria going above level 100, I'm worried their big anniversary surprise will increasing the level cap without doing anything to make Grails less scarce.
    I have so many grails and so little incentive to use them.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Why are we talking like FGO dying would be a bad thing?

- - - Updated - - -

No, seriously though.
    FGO is entertaining

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Is it confirmed that part 3 is the last part of LB6?

anyways

h, what? Two basically ran out of Salt River headed stuff by the end of 2019, which means LB5.2 onwards squarely rests on his shoulders. Dunno how much involvement he had on LB5.1, though the various ball bosses, repeat Cerberus bosses, no Odysseus, etc etc, could show how much he was involved with LB5.1 as well.
    I'm pretty sure this isn't the case. Didn't the president step down after that Sakura Wars game failed? That was more recently than 2019.

But seriously if #2 did take over when he did then he would have come in right when the pandemic hit. I really think the pandemic hurt the game more than anyone realizes. I also think LB6 was put into development hell at some point, since it seemed like it would be ready later in 2020 and then didn't come out until a year later. Perhaps Nasu did a major rewrite prompting DW to make 5.5 to be made to fill in the gap.

Its a good thing IMO since Caster of Limbo was a major villain but it's possible it nasu couldn't fit him into the story for LB6 without it getting even more bloated which characters.
    Last edited by Ubergeneral; July 22nd, 2021 at 06:42 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Yes, the ratio between the three parts is divided into 30%-40%-30%.

JP Friend Code
    Found in twitter, apparently there are 50 days running IRL since LB 6 part 1 to part 3... which is exactly how much days the LB 6 mission does in game. Nasu you magnificent bastard...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    Apparently if you use Melusine's third skill but close and reopen the app while the animation plays, you get the skill's effects but she keeps her ST NP.
    I tried this trick, but it didn't seem to work? The game treated Ray Horizon skill unused.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Lol, Beryl really does screw Tristan over by summoning that Ifrit during her second duel.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure this isn't the case. Didn't the president step down after that Sakura Wars game failed? That was more recently than 2019.
    Sakura Kakumei is completely unrelated to Two's bungling, and I'm not sure why you brought it up. Neither Salt River nor Two were DW's president.

But seriously if #2 did take over when he did then he would have come in right when the pandemic hit. I really think the pandemic hurt the game more than anyone realizes.
    Sure, but literally every other mobage managed to rebound from it even during 2020. FGO is the only mobage that kept playing the covid excuse even into 2021, at some point you have to acknowledge that Two failed as a director. He is not the sole reason, but he is a very significant one.

I also think LB6 was put into development hell at some point, since it seemed like it would be ready later in 2020 and then didn't come out until a year later. Perhaps Nasu did a major rewrite prompting DW to make 5.5 to be made to fill in the gap.
    Salt River had this same situation happen to him with Part 1 Chapters 5-Solomon. What exactly is your point here, that Two is bad at reigning in Nasu when it comes to producing story at a reasonable pace and length?

Its a good thing IMO since Caster of Limbo was a major villain but it's possible it nasu couldn't fit him into the story for LB6 without it getting even more bloated which characters.
    HRM could have been an event for all the impact it had on the story. It was probably made a story chapter more to justify additional mats that people wouldn't have stocked up by then.

Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    I tried this trick, but it didn't seem to work? The game treated Ray Horizon skill unused.
    You probably have to close the app while she's still in her skill animation. Try putting on regular speed?