Page 14373 of 14375 FirstFirst ... 1337313873142731432314363143681437114372143731437414375 LastLast
Results 287,441 to 287,460 of 287496

Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

  1. #287441
    世はまさにパンテオン Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,197
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    Quote Originally Posted by dualblade View Post
    JAPAN Liz wen tho?
    Shi Jin's NP animation.

  2. #287442

  3. #287443
    On the Holy Night Reign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,683
    US Friend Code
    858,943,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercedes4321 View Post
    As far as I've seen, any law that might apply to this situation only has jusrisdiction within Australia itself, and there is no cases of it being brought to the international stage. From a legal point of view, anyone not in Australia can use cultural symbols like the Wandjina without fear of legal repurcussions. Whether or not someone would think its morally ok is another matter, but nobody's getting sued over it.
    I've seen people bring up the time from the early 2000s where the Maori approached Lego for using their language in Bionicle and succesfully got them to change a bunch of terms and character names, but the thing is that was settled entirely outside the courtroom. If Lego had been willing to actually go to court over it I don't think the Maori would have had a case, legally speaking. It's not exactly the same scenario (language vs religious figure) but like you say, morality of the choice aside, I don't think there's going to be any legal action from this.

  4. #287444
    Street art Wandjinas appeared in some australian cities during the late 00s,and aboriginals were big mad.

    These street art Wandjinas were cute.Not waifu cute,but cute.


  5. #287445
    死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Paulie25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    363
    US Friend Code
    314,575,881
    It feels like it’d be something that the Aboriginals would be upset over but probably can’t do anything about at least in Japan. It’s probably not actually gonna cause trouble for FGO but there’s probably a discussion to be had about if TM are being dickheads about this.

  6. #287446
    鬼 Ogre-like You's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    https://twitter.com/LickYouTie
    Posts
    34,985
    JP Friend Code
    101043939
    Blog Entries
    69
    I can see them getting mad about it when it comes out in NA.
    Other than that, no one outside the fgo twittersphere is going to be mad. And no one in the fgo twittersphere has enough clout to make an actual fuss.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryIdjit View Post
    It's really dumb how the Clock Tower made self-defense class mandatory so that the students would be able to fight off Magi hunters, who work in the interests of the Clock Tower most of the time because they hunt rogue magi.

  7. #287447
    I have a strong suspicion that the aboriginal people in charge of handling things like this don't even know what an "Eff Go" is.



  8. #287448
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5,289
    They surely have no clue, and only intense needling by some outsider(s) angling to get a desired reaction is the only plausible way this would even elicit a response from aborigine leadership.

  9. #287449
    世はまさにパンテオン Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Manaus, Brazil
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,197
    JP Friend Code
    262.110.454
    FGO is kind of a huge source of otaku tourism, so I'm sure the Mowanjum community will notice something once the waves of Japanese visitors in waifu t-shirts start appearing.

  10. #287450
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six GDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie25 View Post
    It feels like itíd be something that the Aboriginals would be upset over but probably canít do anything about at least in Japan. Itís probably not actually gonna cause trouble for FGO but thereís probably a discussion to be had about if TM are being dickheads about this.
    Just refer to said discussion from months ago. There's literally no need to rehash it.

  11. #287451
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5,289
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I can see them getting mad about it when it comes out in NA.
    Other than that, no one outside the fgo twittersphere is going to be mad. And no one in the fgo twittersphere has enough clout to make an actual fuss.
    What would ever possess someone to create a Beast's Lair posting L's gimmick account on Twitter?

  12. #287452
    The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    39,283
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    16
    Getting owned in an irrelevant quibble ten years prior and never living it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  13. #287453
    هههههههههههههههههههه Kamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hellborne
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,165
    Blog Entries
    2
    Kind of gross that people tend to assume that aboriginal people don't have access to the internet, don't use Twitter or don't play FGO in the first place.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server









    Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

  14. #287454
    That there are aboriginal people who know about FGO is undeniable. But it's less of a "they're too uncivilized to know about it" and more of a "they're too busy fighting with an insane deranged woman to be looking around for every possible transgression of their religious law imaginable".

    My real bias is that I just tend to assume that FGO is too niche for anyone to care or know about it outside of otaku circles. I know some Indian religious authorities took issue with the depiction of Hinduism in it, but I don't think anything ever came out of that.
    Last edited by Formless Creature; September 18th, 2023 at 05:52 PM.



  15. #287455
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Kind of gross that people tend to assume that aboriginal people don't have access to the internet, don't use Twitter or don't play FGO in the first place.
    I'd say the same about the ruling gerontocracy of any Western country tbh. I don't think Joe Biden would know of/much less care about FGO unless someone made a point of making him aware of it. I don't see why it would be any different for aboriginal leaders.

  16. #287456
    Yep, pretty much. It wasn't a "no aboriginal person in australia would EVER KNOW about FGO" but rather "the people in charge of things like the Tenodi case, who are presumably all 50 or something, wouldn't be playing anime games on their phones because they have better things to do with their lives". It doesn't stop someone who does know about FGO from telling them about it, but I don't think they would go out of their way to find it.



  17. #287457
    هههههههههههههههههههه Kamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hellborne
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,165
    Blog Entries
    2
    Come on now, "Aboriginal People" is not a monolithic entity. They've got their own opinions and free will and you don't have assume what their priorities are.

    Refer back to this tweet.

    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server









    Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

  18. #287458
    Well yeah, but that's just a guy. He's not making legal cases against people or anything. Again, doesn't stop him or someone like him from informing the people who do. Like I said, it's more that my assumption is that old people who go around fighting court cases don't know about FGO, not aboriginal people in general. I would assume this of any authority for anything ever.



  19. #287459
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six GDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    7,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Come on now, "Aboriginal People" is not a monolithic entity. They've got their own opinions and free will and you don't have assume what their priorities are.
    Using this logic, neither "side" should be arguing about this at all here. In fact, I like the results of that logic, because this whole thing sounds like various levels of virtue signaling and/or trolling, depending on the statement at hand.

  20. #287460
    هههههههههههههههههههه Kamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hellborne
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,165
    Blog Entries
    2
    Well, yeah all this argument is silly because none of us here are even sure if this particular case is even a problem to an Aboriginal Kimberley people (it's not even comparable to the Tenodi case, since that one has purely malicious intent, and the one evidence we know of from an actual Aboriginal is that they're totally cool with it), all you got are assumptions about how the Aboriginal community works in your head.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server









    Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •