Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Not even 6/6/6 for CD reduction?

But anyways, grats!
    I must wait until another lottery before my supply can be restored.

6/6/6 for all golds/dudes I like is the real pipe dream. But, hey, baby steps.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bakin's kit:

Myousenjishou: B
    - 20-30% battery (self)
    - 10% battery (rest of the party)
    - 5-10 stars

Eight Virtues: A
    - 10-20% Arts (targeted, 3 turns)
    - 10-20% Buster(targeted, 3 turns)
    - 10-20% Quick(targeted, 3 turns)
    - 10-20% crit (targeted, 3 turns)
    - 20-30% NP damage (targeted, 3 turns)
    - 500-1000 heal (targeted)
    - Dodge (targeted, 1 time, 3 turns)
    - Debuff negation (targeted, 1 time, 3 turns)

Writing Addiction: A
    - 20-30% Arts buff (self, 3 turns)
    - 10% Charisma each time she uses Arts (self, 3 turns)

Nansou Satomi Hakkenden (The Eight Dogs Chronicle)
    - 30% supereffectiveness against demonic.
    - 450-750% Arts AOE + 150+200% against Evil
    - 8 stars

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Do you guys think she can Castoria loop with these skills

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    That's what, two new Takolegs Servants? I will laugh hysterically if FGO's takeaway from Guda6 complaints was "get this specific guy to do more Servants" while completely ignoring whatshisface NPC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Bakin's kit:

Myousenjishou: B
    - 20-30% battery (self)
    - 10% battery (rest of the party)
    - 5-10 stars

Eight Virtues: A
    - 10-20% Arts (targeted, 3 turns)
    - 10-20% Buster(targeted, 3 turns)
    - 10-20% Quick(targeted, 3 turns)
    - 10-20% crit (targeted, 3 turns)
    - 20-30% NP damage (targeted, 3 turns)
    - 500-1000 heal (targeted)
    - Dodge (targeted, 1 time, 3 turns)
    - Debuff negation (targeted, 1 time, 3 turns)

Writing Addiction: A
    - 20-30% Arts buff (self, 3 turns)
    - 10% Charisma each time she uses Arts (self, 3 turns)

Nansou Satomi Hakkenden (The Eight Dogs Chronicle)
    - 30% supereffectiveness against demonic.
    - 450-750% Arts AOE + 150+200% against Evil
    - 8 stars
    What a mixbag of everything, and not in a good way unlike other hybrid Servants. They really should have made her second skill AoE because those effects are way too weak for ST even if there is a lot of them, and being a Rider completely messes up any star bomb she has (and the amount she produces is too weak). Her NP is pure damage too, unlike hybrids who tend to have effects that benefit the whole party (the amount of stars is too small to count). Not that good for CQ tbh.

And for farming I doubt she can compete with Habetrot 100% NP charge with 2nd append skill and suicide skill, but that's as far as I care for this, I will let others do the numbers.

So yeah, quite meh as far as gameplay goes, at least to me.
    Last edited by Oz1337; June 29th, 2022 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    What a mixbag of everything, and not in a good way unlike other hybrid Servants. They really should have made her second skill targettable because those effects are way too weak for ST even if there is a lot of them, and being a Rider completely messes up any star bomb she has (and the amount she produces is too weak). Her NP is pure damage too, unlike hybrids who tend to have effects that benefit the whole party. Not that good for CQ tbh.

And for farming I doubt she can compete with Habetrot 100% NP charge with 2nd append skill and suicide skill, but that's as far as I care for this, I will let others do the numbers.

So yeah, quite meh as far as gameplay goes, at least to me.
    Her 2nd skill -is- targetable.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

I fixed it later, I wanted to say AoE.

Why has every released Servant this year been bang average? It's literally just Bazett and Dark Koyan who were any good and not only were they the very first ones, they're not even thaaaat good, really.

Blog Entries
    2kuns balanceitis worsened perhaps

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    If they were good you'd be complaining they released too many good Servants just before the anniversary brokeathon, smh fgo players
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Why has every released Servant this year been bang average? It's literally just Bazett and Dark Koyan who were any good and not only were they the very first ones, they're not even thaaaat good, really.
    I dunno what people's standards for "average" is but the Servants from 6.5 and Bikan feels like they're above the average tier. At least in the good tier. Heck, I'd argue that Constantine is also another one who's better than average tier. Especially after his performance in my recent Grail Front battles.

Obviously, they're not OP. But hey, I'd take having mostly good over mostly OP any day because having newer and newer OP Servants means that we're constantly powercreeping and that's a harsh game to keep up. Especially on the Challenge Quest side of things with older Servants.

Blog Entries
    Everyone differs. I like Charlie, Don, Kriem and Zhang Jiao for the role they played in the narrative. Bakin has awesome artwork and a great VA to like. I didn't like Dark Koyan despite her gameplay value, Michael is just odd and I prefer Manannán more than Bazett.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    I dunno what people's standards for "average" is but the Servants from 6.5 and Bikan feels like they're above the average tier. At least in the good tier. Heck, I'd argue that Constantine is also another one who's better than average tier. Especially after his performance in my recent Grail Front battles.

Obviously, they're not OP. But hey, I'd take having mostly good over mostly OP any day because having newer and newer OP Servants means that we're constantly powercreeping and that's a harsh game to keep up. Especially on the Challenge Quest side of things with older Servants.
    I like FGO for not forcing us to roll new servants by modifying gameplay to make them almost a must. Sure, we have broken ones like S-Skadi, C. Artoria, Light Rabbit for example, but they are still not a must. Less powercreep is good and the desire to roll is brought about by the narrative.

Blog Entries
    Charlie and Hephaestion are great, and Mary and Zhang are very strong for their rarities.

On the subject of Bakkin...she CAN loop, but she's significantly worse than all the other Arts Loopers and most of the Buster and Quick Loopers, and as a support and challeneg quest DPS, she just workable, not good.

She's like a C+ or B tier, maybe a little stronger than Xiang or Anastasia. Don't roll unless you really like her (his?) character.

Also, gotta be honest: the old man in his daughter in law's body thing is incredibly creepy and gross, even if it's never played for anything sexual in the narrative. Whoever cam up with this needs to be slapped in the back of the head.

I personally don't care if their gameplay is just okay, I've been using Ruler Artoria despite having better Rulers because I like using her, but if you were to ask me how good she is for CQs I would say she really doesn't excel that much unless you're 3-turning them with an NP5 one with top tier supports which is a ridiculous requirement to ask for. Same for Izo despite having NP2 Kama, sometimes I feel like using Izo in CQs because he deserves it. So if people like Bakin despite her gameplay being kinda eh then that's okay, just use her. I just commented what I think about her gameplay overall for anybody who cares about gameplay too.
    Last edited by Oz1337; June 30th, 2022 at 01:57 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    Also, gotta be honest: the old man in his daughter in law's body thing is incredibly creepy and gross, even if it's never played for anything sexual in the narrative. Whoever cam up with this needs to be slapped in the back of the head.
    They ran out of the "relatable eccentric male writer" ideas with Andersen, Shakespeare and Dumas, so they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to make a remotely interesting writer character without copying too much of Bungou Stray Dogs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    They ran out of the "relatable eccentric male writer" ideas with Andersen, Shakespeare and Dumas, so they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to make a remotely interesting writer character without copying too much of Bungou Stray Dogs.
    Speaking of these three, it is amusing how weak they are compared to Houksai and Bakin despite the huge difference in fame lol. Stray dogs is also a joke when the author failed in research when trying to quote Cao Zhi.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    I got the friend point equivalent to double SSR!
    Spoiler:

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    Spoiler:
    THAT'S EVEN FAR MORE SUPERIOR THAN SSR... congrats!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    Spoiler:
    Holy shit

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    I like FGO for not forcing us to roll new servants by modifying gameplay to make them almost a must. Sure, we have broken ones like S-Skadi, C. Artoria, Light Rabbit for example, but they are still not a must. Less powercreep is good and the desire to roll is brought about by the narrative.
    Agreed. Admittedly, powercreep in this game usually revolves around really strong supports more so than really strong damage dealers since supports are the bread-and-butter for most of the damage/survivability that the damage dealer would get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    I dunno what's worse to you then... Father taking over daughter-in-law or father taking over actual daughter? Cause the latter is essentially what third form Foreigner Hokusai is.

Personally don't see that as an issue, tbh. It's only an issue if you sexualize that idea/concept. At that point, that's a you problem and not an actual problem.