Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Generally voice acting and breast size. There are other factors of course, but I think those, along with writing, are the top 3.
    wait what if a character doesnt have breast
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    And I got what I wanted to hear, so thanks I guess lol.
    I actually feel like I'm being trolled.

That's literally what I said in the first post when Mami asked about it.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Tunguska is simply unsalvageable from the its very premise. More than anyone else, Big Chunggus Koyan is just a conceptually terrible character to build a semi-Main Story chapter around, and any character unfortunate enough to feature in her chapter is doomed to be written horribly. She really should've been just a side boss in other LB chapter.
    She had potential to be good, has she not been a Tamamoface wannabe and I liked the idea of Nega Weapon - a Beast that utilizes mankinds weaponry. Then they had her say Tamamo-chan in Lb3 and I got the biggest facepalm. Then the whole meteor explosion happened with very flimsy connection to the Weapon thing AND Tamamo that went nowhere other than a plot twist. Surr whatever girl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    wait what if a character doesnt have breast
    Then they must have manboobs and being completely naked in their final FA, waiting to pounce on you. That happened.

Blog Entries
    Koyan would have been sick as the manifestation of prey animals hatred towards humans, using the weapons of humanity against them. Maybe have her manifest through the Chernobyl disaster if you're really attached to that whole aesthetic.

All of the Tamamo, Amaterasu, Shrine Maiden, and fucking Tunguska meteor stuff is totally incongruous with that base premise, and just made the whole thing a giant cluster fuck conceptually.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sione View Post
    Tunguska is simply unsalvageable from the its very premise. More than anyone else, Big Chunggus Koyan is just a conceptually terrible character to build a semi-Main Story chapter around, and any character unfortunate enough to feature in her chapter is doomed to be written horribly. She really should've been just a side boss in other LB chapter.
    So, like she in Olympus but more?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Like, if you strip off the Servant War and Y.M plotline for 6.5, you have less content in it than the usual Lostbelt Prologue. And those were the things they just changed around nilly-willy. I could totally believe 6.5 was supposed to be the fucking prologue to LB7.
    Remember how trial quests used to be prologues.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

I mean, if you take away the Sherlock plot and the whole fight against Lancer Artoria, Camelot would have less content than a Lostbelt prologue too. What the fuck is supposed to mean?
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    So, like she in Olympus but more?
    The best chapter to conclude Koyan's Character Arc should've been in LB6. Just integrate her with the Barghest side arc and make her whole encounter with Cernunnos actually amount to something.

In leu of what would happen in Tunguska? Sure.

The problem was always them trying to have their cake and eat it too instead of focusing on a single concept for Koyan and hinting at it better throughout the story. Not her gettin her own chapter necessarily.

She had potential to be good, has she not been a Tamamoface wannabe and I liked the idea of Nega Weapon - a Beast that utilizes mankinds weaponry. Then they had her say Tamamo-chan in Lb3 and I got the biggest facepalm. Then the whole meteor explosion happened with very flimsy connection to the Weapon thing AND Tamamo that went nowhere other than a plot twist. Surr whatever girl.
    That's pretty much the reason I personally disliked the whole reveal. It just felt it was created for that stupid plot twist and that's it. It also made me feel a bit disappointed about Taikoubou being summoned to deal with Daji and not get that fight, would have been nice to see how that fight would have gone like in Fate.

And it's honestly cheating a bit to make her look like Tamamo and have the same VA as Tamamo to trick us. What a massive coincidence that they have the same voice and looks to the point we're lead to believe she's Tamamo right? Heck, the whole reason I rolled for her is because Tamamo is my favorite Extra heroine and despite the plot telling me she's not Tamamo it's just impossible for me to separate Tamamo from Koyanskaya.

Can I interrupt this argument to ask if someone can find the post about how to get around region block for buying quartz that was posted here (or maybe in another thread) at the start of anni? I literally can't find it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I do have this reddit thread saved, though I'm not sure if it's helpful. It's quite old.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...oogle_account/

- - - Updated - - -

Oh hey, I can't believe I remembered the me from one year ago while looking for that thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Imagine if this is really the collab we will get for Tsukihime/MB and next year we're getting a collab of something else.

I'm going to leave this comment here so if next year it ends up happening I can quote with a Clairvoyance EX comment and laugh at it (if I remember). Hopefully it doesn't happen.
    Better late than never I guess LOL. Specially when the FGO x Melty Blood collab happened in Melty Blood (and the whole collab with Phantasy Star I think).

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    Which is why I need to roll Kintoki
    You can always use mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    wow, i know im super late to the hype but

wow wow wow
    did ashwattaman just lowkey smacked koyan off screen silly

reading this part feels so satisfying

- - - Updated - - -

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG THIS IS GREAT
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    You can always use mine.
    I don't think I have you added, but I will.

Also I need my own Kintoki with his own set of tits specifically for Me

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    wow, i know im super late to the hype but

wow wow wow
    did ashwattaman just lowkey smacked koyan off screen silly

reading this part feels so satisfying

- - - Updated - - -

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMG THIS IS GREAT
    Ash is indeed a very cool dude.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Then they must have manboobs and being completely naked in their final FA, waiting to pounce on you. That happened.
    So Douman?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    I don't think I have you added, but I will.

Also I need my own Kintoki with his own set of tits specifically for Me
    Probably had you at one point but CE hunting has always fucked up my friend list. I'll delete a few spots to get you on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Gehennahem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Most characters are plot devices that don't get reused afterwards though.

Wasn't there a quote last year (or maybe the year before) about how after lostbelt arc was over they'd survey the playerbase and see whether to still with team chaldea or start a new story? I don't think they've changed direction from that?
    This is honestly true and I don't see how that wouldn't apply to even the best Servants to be honest. It took freaking Morgan quite a long time to finally have be in an Event... and she's honestly a plot device if you remove the "Cute Kons" deal. I mean yeah, LB6 beefy as fuck but nothing about her time in Chaldeas outside of Valentines? Again?
    King Hassan all but basically vanished after Camelot and Babylonia and barely, if ever, appears which makes sense character-wise but dear lord, you think having him around a little more would have something occur due to his extreme Paganism vs. the Divine Spirits we see.

Even Romulus Quirinus had his sole Interlude... becomes Boudica's 28th because god-fucking-dammit, we need to make Boudica work because we keep putting her in the same damn box as Berserker Penthesilea rather than having her actually get the fuck over it!
    Okay, that came out of nowhere...

Either way you get the point, I don't think Taigong not being in any other Event after Tunguska should be a mark against him when it's rare as hell for Servants to quickly get Events for themselves that isn't just immediately making them superfluous or DEM(Okay yeah, Morgan technically is broken as hell even as a Servant as she's like Merlin tier but come on, not everything that has a character in it has to have them actually fight, see Caenis).

Quote Originally Posted by Gehennahem View Post
    Even Romulus Quirinus had his sole Interlude... becomes Boudica's 28th because god-fucking-dammit, we need to make Boudica work because we keep putting her in the same damn box as Berserker Penthesilea rather than having her actually get the fuck over it!
    Okay, that came out of nowhere...
    Don't worry, i have a friend who's very frustrated at Boudica's character gets used and also a fan of Quetz funnily enough.
    Last edited by Delastogos; August 5th, 2022 at 03:30 PM.