Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    I would argue making content for 1% of the player base and having it be time-restricted is not the best design ever, and if you're gonna have "side content" for the people not going hard on your event for whatever reason, it is also not great design to have it detract time from an already time intensive main event. It's like you're saying the Exhibition and Lottos can't be done by the same demographic and that's pretty much having two time restricted events that do not help progress each other. If it's really meant to be "you choose: mats vs tickets, and fuck you if you want both, youre gonna have to sink more time into our unfun game mechanics we took a very careful amount of time designing with a team of apes with rabies" it doesn't feel great in particular.

They can easily, as I said, have these either be separate on their own time gated event, offer substantial lotto rewards, or be permanent. As it is it just feels conflicting for people that want to maximize everything out of an event, when every other type of event you can maximize just running the latest nodes and leaving the interludes, SQs, and what have you to the in between times. It does not help that every "hard quest" they do is always never engaging or fun, just annoying gimmicks or the same old "here's buff removal, here's invul, here's debuff immunity, you can only kill me after you wait/kill mobs" all the time. They had something fun going with Grail Front, but it feels like with every iteration of that thing they introduce innovations that come branded with their own issues too. It's like this team is cursed with having superficially good ideas and fumbling execution every time.

Blog Entries
    the dude who did luvia cc should do costume and alternative art

Castoria at Bond 10, ready for whatever they will do with Bond CEs in the future. Time to swap her for Xu Fu and hope I can still 3-turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    I'm still hoping all of Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia characters get their VN outfits. So far only Parvati/Sakura got that treatment, and Medusa only got the glasses, which is very disappointing.

I agree with Kirishima fwiw. Always felt that lotto events were the worst times for boss gauntlets.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    He is more famous for drawing shota traps and futanari. And mostly do eroge CGs. One of my favorite artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Castoria at Bond 10, ready for whatever they will do with Bond CEs in the future. Time to swap her for Xu Fu and hope I can still 3-turn.
    Bro fronting like he ain't gonna bond grail her

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    > people still unironically using the word "trap" in 2022
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    He is more famous for drawing shota traps and futanari. And mostly do eroge CGs. One of my favorite artists.
    i just checked who the artist is
    the vague sense of familiarity explained

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    we took a very careful amount of time designing with a team of apes with rabies
    He'srightyouknow.jpg

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Delastogos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    I would argue making content for 1% of the player base and having it be time-restricted is not the best design ever, and if you're gonna have "side content" for the people not going hard on your event for whatever reason, it is also not great design to have it detract time from an already time intensive main event. It's like you're saying the Exhibition and Lottos can't be done by the same demographic and that's pretty much having two time restricted events that do not help progress each other. If it's really meant to be "you choose: mats vs tickets, and fuck you if you want both, youre gonna have to sink more time into our unfun game mechanics we took a very careful amount of time designing with a team of apes with rabies" it doesn't feel great in particular.

They can easily, as I said, have these either be separate on their own time gated event, offer substantial lotto rewards, or be permanent. As it is it just feels conflicting for people that want to maximize everything out of an event, when every other type of event you can maximize just running the latest nodes and leaving the interludes, SQs, and what have you to the in between times. It does not help that every "hard quest" they do is always never engaging or fun, just annoying gimmicks or the same old "here's buff removal, here's invul, here's debuff immunity, you can only kill me after you wait/kill mobs" all the time. They had something fun going with Grail Front, but it feels like with every iteration of that thing they introduce innovations that come branded with their own issues too. It's like this team is cursed with having superficially good ideas and fumbling execution every time.
    Just so we're clear, you say you enjoy the game more when you simply log in, do a quick thing and log off, right? Then why try to even engage with more than that? By your own words, the game simply isn't fun in general lately, regardless of a few bright spots here and there. It feels a tad weird to then try to do all of said content if you know you're gonna dislike it and not doing the EQs or similar content feels like something that would make sense given this mindset.

As for having EQs be it's own event, the only time they did was Dante's Tower event and they never went back to that. So either you adds FQs, add something else to the mix or make them permanent, but you can't exactly make an event around them with nothing else.
    Last edited by Delastogos; November 11th, 2022 at 03:37 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Twitter agenda has no effect on me.

Blog Entries
    Is twitter agenda in this room with us right now?

Maybe it's in the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    Just so we're clear, you say you enjoy the game more when you simply log in, do a quick thing and log off, right? Then why try to even engage with more than that? By your words, the game simply isn't fun in general lately, regardless of a few bright spots here and there. It feels a tad weird to then try to do all of said content if you know you're gonna dislike it and not doing the EQs or similar content feels like something that would make sense given this mindset.

As for having EQs be it's own event, the only time they did was Dante's Tower event and they never went back to that. So either you adds FQs, something else to the mix or make them permanent, but you can exactly make an event around them with nothing else.
    I think literally any other time is better to have them. These days events are 3 weeks long but are all wrapped up in a week or two, leaving an extra week of catch up time for stragglers. The EQs could easily fit in those events.

I just see lottos as hard farming events and these EQs serve as a distraction to that (although I still do them since I usually enjoy them).

Nah, i get it, i wouldn't really put them here, but i also don't think they are particularly intrusive as you can always ignore them. Bad design? Maybe, i doubt it's that big of a deal as they are very hit and mess a lot of the time.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Uh... What are they called these days?

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Uh... What are they called these days?
    男の娘
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Or Femboys for us filthy gaijins.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    Bro fronting like he ain't gonna bond grail her
    I want to give some love to Xu Fu, she deserves it.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Delastogos View Post
    Nah, i get it, i wouldn't really put them here, but i also don't think they are particularly intrusive as you can always ignore them. Bad design? Maybe, i doubt it's that big of a deal as they are very hit and mess a lot of the time.
    Different reasons for different type of players, but from my experience it's usually due to FOMO. If you work the whole day long and you only have 1-2 hours to play some FGO, you wouldn't want to be distracted by those challenge quests. The time it takes to figure out a working team, having to reset because of RNG, then push your way through are usually more than enough to eat up the precious free time, and you have to sacrifice a lot of the loto tokens you could've farmed. Repeat that for multiple of these quests and that is a huge loss of farming time. In many cases people don't even have free time except during weekends which makes it worse as they wouldn't be able to even finish the 10 first boxes if they spend time on the challenge quests. It's not that those quests are too hard, its the time dedicated to clearing them is usually not worth it vs just farming the loto tokens. Surely it is not mandatory but not everyone can shrug it off like w/e who cares its just some tickets (which is a better mentality to have when playing these gacha games). Some will feel like they are missing out on the tickets that might contribute to their savings towards a future servant...etc and feel annoyed.