Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

US Friend Code
    Hello, I'm an NA player currently saving for Archetype Earth, and if my calculations are right and I don't roll at all before her, I should have some leftovers quartz. There's no one I want that much beside Archetype, so I'd like to get a support for her. Which one should I go for? I'm not too sure who'd be the best between KoyanL and Oberon, or if there's any other servants I should consider besides those two at all.

Summer Ibuki ends up being a pretty unexpectedly useful support for her because her ability to reduce cooldowns+buff Buster allows her to double dip on her second skill when paired with KoyanLs.

US Friend Code
    Hm, so basically, Edison but better. I might consider her, but it's a summer servant and I would prefer getting Skadi, that's for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    I'm still surprised that they didn't plan an event in-between. Not even a Valentine's event just to let people take their minds off Part 2 for a bit. It would be 2 weeks-long, started on the 4th/11th and would've given them the time they need to work things out. We already know it's slated for late January meaning that it's already eating into Valentine's period a bit, if not a lot with how many potential banners to be had. So, moving it forward would've been fine. Unless that's not done yet either.
    I think it is possible we might have no Valentine, just like how we have no Christmas last year.

Blog Entries
    I could see us only getting the new Valentines scenes. Or maybe some Hunting Quest style grinding nodes to get currency for them, plus a rotating banner with the storylocks and Bazzet.

Blog Entries
    There is super going to be part 3

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    May 2

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh no, I jinxed it.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    If they don't have the apparent time or resources to even pull out reruns just to fill time, what makes you think they could just easily whip up a whole new event to fill time? Even if you reuse all sprites and backgrounds and don't even release a new servant, after it is written (which doesn't take actual dev time, sure) several people still need to put the whole thing together, inserting the script (I'm pretty sure we know the writers just write the script normally and someone has to convert it to a game script with all the relevant tags by hand), creating all the battles with their respective mechanics, set up shop and missions or whatever, code in timegates, banners, assign bond bonuses. And all this in supposedly dogshit code that I can only imagine makes the simplest thing into a herculean task.

The fact that it's apparently hard enough to make a rerun of something because of shitty old code is one thing, but you can't really expect them to make NEW content to give them time to catch up when they're already behind on making other new content.
    This got me thinking. How about shoving the would-be reruns into the Main Interlude? It was first implemented for Ereshmas, which had led me to think it'd be the way for newer players to replay older Events, albeit just stories, but sadly it's been for Main Story-related Events so far. And the devs don't need to think for shop, missions, time-gates, bonus damage, and farm nodes, just story nodes and banners. Should've been less tasks than a full-blown rerun in theory. The feature has been heavily underutilized tbh.

Isn't the whole point of MI for limited time events that are directly connected to the main story? It's just that they decided to use Christmas to be a epilogue of sorts for Babylonia. I think Arcade does have a different section dedicated solely to reruns of any last event but I forgot what it's called. But that'd be something for the future anyway and would most likely take as much if not more resources than a rerun.

Blog Entries
    That idea in itself is dumb.

All of the Heian-era events are pretty damn important in understanding those characters, and Sakurai pretty much continues those arcs in her main story chapters.

Aeaea is the main exploration of Odysseus' character, and is a good companion to the Atlantis chapter.

The Guda events are a continuous storyline exploring a number of characters in a serious manner.

Enma-tei is apparently relevant to Beni's role in LB 7.

There's literally no reason not to add everything to the Main Interlude. If nothing else, they can just add the story scenes the same way they're in the archive.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Honestly they can barely implement reruns as is it seems, maybe Main Interluding a lot of things is too much effort for them (lol), we even had every halloween comeback that didn't get added to MI afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Biche View Post
    Hello, I'm an NA player currently saving for Archetype Earth, and if my calculations are right and I don't roll at all before her, I should have some leftovers quartz. There's no one I want that much beside Archetype, so I'd like to get a support for her. Which one should I go for? I'm not too sure who'd be the best between KoyanL and Oberon, or if there's any other servants I should consider besides those two at all.
    There's Summer Skadi after her who's Skadi+ for Quick looping and Buster crit damage, not interested? She may not have the same level of protection as her regular counterpart (via NP) but her 3T 100% Buster Crit Up can slot her into a lot more comps than you'd expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    That idea in itself is dumb.

All of the Heian-era events are pretty damn important in understanding those characters, and Sakurai pretty much continues those arcs in her main story chapters.

Aeaea is the main exploration of Odysseus' character, and is a good companion to the Atlantis chapter.

The Guda events are a continuous storyline exploring a number of characters in a serious manner.

Enma-tei is apparently relevant to Beni's role in LB 7.

There's literally no reason not to add everything to the Main Interlude. If nothing else, they can just add the story scenes the same way they're in the archive.
    Or, you know, they can have their special snowflake Main Interlude while we get a Bonus Interlude section that includes every event so far that doesn't tie in with the main story.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

And so Lasagne against all odds managed to release new content today. SQs for Benienma, Quetz, Santa Quetz and KP, access to their interludes, new missions with extra teapots and a extrnsion for the current ones, new campaign and missions, a...

Just kidding, we got absolutely nothing. Totally not unexpected delay that mades them unable to give anything. Can't wait to see their twitter when they start their usual retweet campaign.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This has to be the saddest month in F/GO history.

The best part about this month is people have finally stopped acting like new character banners are content. I remember complaining about this years ago, but more people than not were totally okay with a new character releasing and considering it content even if it was as bare bones as Nitocris Alter. Thank goodness that's changed now.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bruh, you just dropped random Nitoc Alter, why couldn't you have dropped random Kukul?

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle sentence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Bruh, you just dropped random Nitoc Alter, why couldn't you have dropped random Kukul?
    inb4 she isn't even LB7 Servant and will be introduced way later (like Odysseus)
    Probably not though, since she's LB King and we usually fight them, so she must be ready as playable.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    There's Summer Skadi after her who's Skadi+ for Quick looping and Buster crit damage, not interested? She may not have the same level of protection as her regular counterpart (via NP) but her 3T 100% Buster Crit Up can slot her into a lot more comps than you'd expect.
    Yeah, SSkadi is the reason I don't really want to go for both Koyan and Oberon. She's hot and powerful, and she can support my Tamamo Lancer, I guess?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    inb4 she isn't even LB7 Servant and will be introduced way later (like Odysseus)
    Probably not though, since she's LB King and we usually fight them, so she must be ready as playable.
    Ironically, her animation seems to be the least complete among LB7 casts, except 'Zotz who still doesn't have a sprite. She only has that One Punch animation against Tlaloc.