Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Synaptic Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    2kuns balanceitis worsened perhaps
    What's wrong with balancing the game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic Star View Post
    What's wrong with balancing the game?
    Nothing, long as it is done competently, and majority of developers, surprisingly, fail at the very first step: game should be fun first, balanced second.

Blog Entries
    I think what FGO currently need is not a unit that can only do big numbers and perpetuate the same brainless strategy. I wish more new Servant release or Strengthening would introduce more unique skill effects that plays around with more aspects of the game, like Summer BB (card-freeze), Bazett (counter-attack), Artoria (force card to buster) etc.

Is Angra really that big of a deal?

Blog Entries
    Imagine Angra with Bazet-tier NP damage, and he will be

Well then…
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I'm aware its an absolutely impossible dream at this point, but I really wish they made actual VN sprites for this game. So many characters have totally weird poses that take up half the screen because the pose was designed for a specific shot its now no longer in the context of. Its endless distracting whenever I look over and see what ever the fuck Bakin is doing with her right arm.

That's not to mention when characters have a mount in the sprite and I just have to mentally pretend that the horse doesn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I mean, plenty judge without being able to actually read the story, so why not judge when nobody can actually read the story?

I think everyone blew this a little bit out of proportion. I don't think every Servant that comes out needs to be gamebreakingly busted, that's not what I mean (though I can see how what I wrote could be interpreted in that way). What I meant was, that they could sprinkle in some stronger ones amongst the various mid (in gameplay terms) offerings. It just feels like we've been in a bit of a dry spell in that regard to me, that's all I meant to convey.

As for Bakin herself, she's fine. I still maintain that she's nothing to write home about from a gameplay perspective but I do like hanging out with her in the story. I also think her 90s anime look is very cute too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    I think everyone blew this a little bit out of proportion. I don't think every Servant that comes out needs to be gamebreakingly busted, that's not what I mean (though I can see how what I wrote could be interpreted in that way). What I meant was, that they could sprinkle in some stronger ones amongst the various mid (in gameplay terms) offerings. It just feels like we've been in a bit of a dry spell in that regard to me, that's all I meant to convey.

As for Bakin herself, she's fine. I still maintain that she's nothing to write home about from a gameplay perspective but I do like hanging out with her in the story. I also think her 90s anime look is very cute too.
    It has a nostalgic feel. She really looks like something that came from CLAMP. Ashura is it?

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    It has a nostalgic feel. She really looks like something that came from CLAMP. Ashura is it?
    She has some elements with a RG Veda or xxxHOLiC look to them, yeah. In fact, yesterday CLAMP was trending in Japan for quite a long time thanks to her (same happened when Takasugi appeared).

Though it kinda makes me feel bad for TAKOLEGS, looks like they're getting compared to them all the time (I mean, I get it, they share some hair and clothes design preferences, but I think their styles, specially when coloring, are quite different).

She is not that bad. She has the highest potential damage between Arts AoE Riders. But, you know, you have to compete with Habetrot (that is free, and at NP5 deals quite more damage than her) and Rider Da Vinci (who is a loop monster). She is more or less at Odysseus level. He loops easier, she hits harder. But he is a (nowadays) old general pool SSR, who had a rate up quite recently, so it's easier for him to have higher NP levels.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    She is not that bad. She has the highest potential damage between Arts AoE Riders. But, you know, you have to compete with Habetrot (that is free, and at NP5 deals quite more damage than her) and Rider Da Vinci (who is a loop monster).
    Speaking of Habetrot, is Zhang Jiao really in the FP gatcha? I think I managed to NP5 First Avenger and still have not seen a copy.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    I spent more than 500k FP for NP2 Zhang. I managed to make lv100 CE while rolling.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post
    I spent more than 500k FP for NP2 Zhang. I managed to make lv100 CE while rolling.
    Well, at least that means he is there. I will try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Speaking of Habetrot, is Zhang Jiao really in the FP gatcha? I think I managed to NP5 First Avenger and still have not seen a copy.
    Lost in the sea of SR Servants.
    Because you are too young. Or too stupid. Or both.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I NP5'd Jue in the attempt to get Jimmy.

If you roll in Anniversary I'm pretty sure you will reach NP5, unless you get very lucky with the 5*. That's how I'm planning to NP5 him, unless Seimei or Kirei are the Anniversary Servants, in that case maybe Summer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    She is not that bad. She has the highest potential damage between Arts AoE Riders. But, you know, you have to compete with Habetrot (that is free, and at NP5 deals quite more damage than her) and Rider Da Vinci (who is a loop monster). She is more or less at Odysseus level. He loops easier, she hits harder. But he is a (nowadays) old general pool SSR, who had a rate up quite recently, so it's easier for him to have higher NP levels.

Odysseus has his spammable defense buff removal.

That's way more useful than Bakkin's anti-demon damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStein View Post
    Odysseus has his spammable defense buff removal.

That's way more useful than Bakkin's anti-demon damage.
    For farming? Anti-Demon > Def Buff Removal. You're more likely to find Demons in your battle than find an enemy wave that starts with a defense buff pre-applied on the first turn of any of the three waves.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

JP Friend Code
    Got a big haul with BB and monthly tickets. Lobo, Penth (wtf) and my first Zhang Jiao! No event CE though...

I'll throw everything I have at anniversary. Or Orion if he appears in event banner.