Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by sentence View Post
    Spoiler:

By the way, it seems she is on top of ORT's disc in the last ascension art?
    No, as rxrx said, that's Storm Border's deck.

This is the top view of ORT saucer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    Really? I thought Jacques had a great kit. Makes allies evil for Douman compatibility, team charge, a pmod with a trade off (VG will usually suck up or knock curse off with Q cards) and a 1 hit party invul that Quick/VG teams both need.

I mean sure, F/GO in general for the last few years has developed a template for loopers to form around, but I thought Jacques had a pretty strong identity.

Abby though... sorely, sorely needs a buff. Two buffs. Maybe three. Even her best use case to me (S.Kiara sub-buffer - 2 mental debuffs+type 1 buffs) is completely usurped by Douman with more persistent debuffs+buffs.
    A little part of me wanted Dark, Jacques and Voyager but I feel like if I rolled them they would be benched on arrival because I have MHXX, Guifei and Kukulkan. I suppose Jacques works with Douman and Gogh teams, but Dark feels a little redundant if one already has Jacques for Curse and Kuku for Buster Damage, and Voyager as cute as he is isn't particularly unique, or at least I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    A little part of me wanted Dark, Jacques and Voyager but I feel like if I rolled them they would be benched on arrival because I have MHXX, Guifei and Kukulkan. I suppose Jacques works with Douman and Gogh teams, but Dark feels a little redundant if one already has Jacques for Curse and Kuku for Buster Damage, and Voyager as cute as he is isn't particularly unique, or at least I don't see it.
    Voyager is cute shota bait, I know many dark souls that have fallen. Like Rieri! His kit is pretty nice semi-support, a green crit Lolivinci really, I just wish he had an NP strengthening. The fact that even if you give him everything you can he's *still* potato is unforgivable. Sadly buffs seem increasingly infrequent.

Dark is highly outclassed by Kuku for NP damage but in terms of Douman/Van Gogh compatibility she's higher than Jacques minus the team invul. Actually Chaotic Evil, more party battery, more curse damage amps and good DoT stacking for Gogh-chan. She at least has her other role as the only 30 party battery buster support, with +2OC to make Arash explode harder too.

But sure, once you have enough Foreigner options they're playing in the same pen and you're bound to have overlap. I actually rate BBkini as the strongest slot in for VG/Douman teams as far as the main gimmick goes, even if she doesn't bring any defensive support.

The thing is they will probably give Dark the most popular outfits to sell her, since Light doesn't need anything else to make bucks. So I will probably roll her regardless.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Dark has the circus outfit, this is automatically the best Koyanskaya.

Circus party with Olga, Douman and Dark soon

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Oh yeah, what's the premier Curse team (not including Taisui Xenanigans)? Douman/Dark Koyan/Jacques or something?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Kirei as well apparently.

Apparently it's just required for you to be a clown if you're an Apostle

Quote Originally Posted by Formless Creature View Post
    Apparently it's just required for you to be a clown if you're an Apostle
    Is Muramasa the tsukkomi of the group, then?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TresserT's Avatar
    Even with Van Gogh or Douman, Koyan of Darkness hits way softer than Kuku on both NP and on Buster crits. It's what happens when you have half as many buffs, and half of those can't be buffstacked. Best argument you can possibly get is that Van Gogh stall shell is kinda nice.

Nah, with 2x VG or Douman+VG Dark's face cards hit harder. The multiplier is higher. And this is without running them as a backrow after you taunt sac your Koyan.

Although for my own purposes I check the numbers with 1x NP5 VG as mine is NP5.

What are some good Van Gogh/Douman teams if one does not have Dark?

Quote Originally Posted by Sath View Post
    Nah, with 2x VG or Douman+VG Dark's face cards hit harder. The multiplier is higher. And this is without running them as a backrow after you taunt sac your Koyan.

Although for my own purposes I check the numbers with 1x NP5 VG as mine is NP5.
    Nah, I think you got it backwards. The only time KoD wins is if you don't include KoL. Once you start KoL buff stacking, Kuku hits way way harder. And even if you don't want double KoL for whatever reason, even in a double VG team Kuku is only hitting at most 10k softer per crit while doing a lot more per NP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    What are some good Van Gogh/Douman teams if one does not have Dark?
    I think the only Servants that are both Existence Outside the Domain and Chaotic Evil are VG, KoD, and Summer BB, but I could be mistaken. There are several Servants who pair great with VG or Douman, but I can't think of many that pair well with both.
    Last edited by TresserT; February 8th, 2023 at 08:08 PM.

Kuku t2, DKS
    1150% buster crit up, 300% Arts/Quick crits
    Kuku t3, DKS
    1560% buster crit up, 400% Arts/Quick crits
    Kuku t3 DKS+Oberon
    1860% buster crit up

KoyanDark with NP5 VG + Douman turn 1
    1680% buster crit up
    1260% arts/quick crit up

A second VG NP would produce (crit buff capped at 500%):
    2480% buster crit up
    1860% arts/quick crit up

If KoyanDark were using Light with a taunt or Chen Gong sac, then she'd reach this swapping from DKS to VG+Douman:

3864% buster crit up
    1260% arts/quick crit up

Kuku running a 4th support doesn't have access to a large additional crit buff unless you're running VG with starting NP and NP levels. That NP5 is much more meaningful for non-outer Servants.

With an NP5 VG added she'd reach (turn 2):

2254% buster crit, 700% arts/quick crit

Although realistically you'd run Crane, Merlin, (taunt)Laikou or Castoria over VG for Kuku.
    Last edited by Sath; February 8th, 2023 at 08:45 PM.

I think I was missing what you were saying, or maybe you were missing what I was saying.

Even if you're running KoD, she's still going to prefer double KoL + VG over VG + Douman. Yeah, you can force her to go all in on crits with a team like that, but then she has no NP damage which still results in a net loss overall. If nothing else the loss of battery in VG + Douman is really damning. It's really never worth it to try and run VG + Douman team. Maybe I could see an argument for double VG stall stuff, but even that still runs into the same problem.

If you are running double KoL, Kuku is going to be beating KoD on Buster crits whether your run VG or Douman or whoever as your third/fourth slot.

You just run a 4 or 5 support shell that swaps into VG/Douman eventually.

Dark isn't coming close on NP damage but is satisfactory in a CQ if you feed her well. Moving to just DKS and a big VG she puts out, turn 2:
    2173% buster crit up, 735% arts/quick crit up

And VG/Douman is extremely fun to play, if the boss is a break bar main with big adds swapping into this would suffice - especially as some of those 90++ memorials had IKable 200k adds.

Oh, fuck! I just remembered - Valentine's CEs. My present box is filled to bursting as it is. Mendo....

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    the prologue thing is open, that's very unexpected
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    new story chapter unlocked lol.