Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Same fake news as the ones that still claim Mashu gets kidnapped at the end of the Lostbelt, which is not true. Not sure where it came from though.
    Yeah, wonder where that came from.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevethepi View Post
    I feel like Hercules is a doubled edged sword here. Given the story that writer wanted to tell Herc would have to job insanely hard not warp the entire story around him. While it is a Greek lostbelt and Hercules is a Greek servant the issue is that Hercules can only really fit and be done justice in a Lostbelt that is centered around him.
    Herc as a super summon instead of Saint Roma, even Camelot Gramps-esque style would do. It quite damning to see arguably the greatest hero in the world stuck as a brainless loli pet.

Blog Entries
    Still needed Herk to help me finish off Demeter and Zeus though.

夜属 Nightkin
    Same fake news as the ones that still claim Mashu gets kidnapped at the end of the Lostbelt, which is not true. Not sure where it came from though.
    The beryl part definitively came from /fgog/ as i saw it there first. Probably the same for Arthur as its a meme to pretend he is the strongest servant there

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gold Experience View Post
    My greatest issue with the greek dilogy is the criminal absence of Hercules. It's Zeus-damned Olympus we are talking about and Nasu still thinks it's not the time.
    I'd rather have Heracles and Hera as a complete replacements for Orion and Artemis in Atlantis. It feels sorta wrong to have Orion as Grand Archer when the top man of Greece should be Herc and his ideal Class is Archer.

I feel like this is another instance of "Screwed by Fate/Strange Fake not being done yet".

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    more like "Haha he was in LB2 already silly".

So anybody who has done Aphrodite's boss fight, do you know what's the new type of debuff she puts?

I believe the icon was the typical debuff/mental debuff resist down, but with a dotted circle surrounding it (and it didn't look like buff removal resistance down since it wouldn't be a dotted circle).

Edit: Btw, I used Jason's third skill and yeah, it works on Dioscuri. I would have been surprised if it didn't frankly.
    Last edited by Oz1337; April 10th, 2020 at 07:16 AM.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I'd rather have Heracles and Hera as a complete replacements for Orion and Artemis in Atlantis. It feels sorta wrong to have Orion as Grand Archer when the top man of Greece should be Herc and his ideal Class is Archer.
    Is he the best most famous archer in the history? No
    Pretty sure it's not him in the people's mind who know greek myhth when we're talking about archer
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    there is clear lack of antagonist in the lostbelt / lack of proper climax

Spoiler:

Zeus was pretty cool as far as LB Kings go and bonking him was superfun (even if i lost the fight 3 times before resorting to Jalter)
    but after that LB kinda fell apart?

Kirsh is a fucking nothingburger. He does the thing again, then loses, then dies in the most predictable way possible.

Bitch gets btfo'd so promtly its not even fun.
    Douman gets btfo'd again - speaking of him i feel he really overstayed his welcome. He exists since EOR3 and there is no advancement of his storyline whatsoever.
    Kirei and Beryl dont fight.

All we get is Kirsh who loses like a chump (especially compared to how fucking hyped up he was supposed to be) and then we get 2 Caenis fights for no reason. I mean why should i care about beating this loser?

All hype stuff happens in the cutscenes after. Zeus is effectively the final boss, everything after is just lame.

Should i spoiler this? i'll spoiler this just in case

- - - Updated - - -

Its especially jarring considering the whole super-dramatic Orion Artemis thing we had in the previous chapter

"Nothingburger"

I am sure getting your ass kicked by him hard last time didnt mean a thing to you

And you never beat him. You did not defeat his servant while they were a pair and you did not beat him by himself

Did yiu have a similar complaint regarding fighting Anastasia after Ivan? Skadi after Surt? Angry indian man after God Arjuna?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    "Nothingburger"

I am sure getting your ass kicked by him hard last time didnt mean a thing to you

And you never beat him. You did not defeat his servant while they were a pair and you did not beat him by himself

Did yiu have a similar complaint regarding fighting Anastasia after Ivan? Skadi after Surt? Angry indian man after God Arjuna?
    Anastasia and Kadoc were really nice final boss duo for the opening Lostbelt
    Surtr was great
    Angry Indian Man was pretty fine for a tree fight, also it was right after the absolute meme that was SuperKarna vs Godjuna

and the fact that none of them were hyped up as the second coming of Marisbury helped

I felt a lot more for Kadoc's normie insecurities and his ship with Anastasia. Well he is a loser too so mostly the ship.
    i felt a lot more for Ophelia the otome heroine because she fought me multiple times throughout the lostbelt and was cute.
    Pepe was 100% consistent with his meme of a lostbelt.

Kirsh and Caenis fell flat as fuck after Zeus for me personally
    Specifically that silly Caenis fight at the very end
    i'm glad you liked it so much as to fiercely defend it

I'm still of an opinion that LB5.2 felt flat because its Grand Finale is just a setup for LB6. Kirsh dies like a punk. Caenis is irrelevant for her to fill a role of antagonist servant. Every notable character - all of them villains - just fuck off to the next chapter. Fucking Douman appears again, is ghost again, and fucks off again.

Its a really poor climax for a two-parter of key lostbelt which had 4 month gap between chapters.
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; April 10th, 2020 at 08:08 AM.

Its especially jarring considering the whole super-dramatic Orion Artemis thing we had in the previous chapter
    But that was the second-to-last chapter of Atlantis. The very last chapter was the super underwhelming Poseidon orb + Chiron fight. It was far worse there.

Spoiler:
    Wodime's ordeal is actually the thing that they give the most focus in the Lostbelt, so it makes sense for it to end in a proper send-off to him and Caenis.
    Last edited by yokushi; April 10th, 2020 at 08:21 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kelp24's Avatar
    hey they added a dot between LB5.2 and LB6 today

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelp24 View Post
    oh wow
    i wonder if were in for another extra story chapter

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    But that was the second-to-last chapter of Atlantis. The very last chapter was the super underwhelming Poseidon orb + Chiron fight. It was far worse there.

Spoiler:
    Wodime's ordeal is actually the thing that they give the most focus in the Lostbelt, so it makes sense for it to end it in a proper send-off to him and Caenis.
    yeah poseidon kinda sucked but it also wasnt the end of the twoparter

I think the main issue here is that splitting a chapter in two parts was a bad idea, which is no surprise at all. You lose all the hype and momentum you had from the previous part because of the long wait, and then you have to deal with unrealistic expectations from people that are expecting great things from the next part the longer the wait is. And if the second part is not worth the wait, this obviously ends up working against you.

Spoiler:
    Probably a prologue to LB6 to unlock Musashi's entries again, since they have disappeared from the Servant list (Berserker Musashi included too).
    Last edited by Oz1337; April 10th, 2020 at 08:22 AM.

A dot? :O

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Entelecheia View Post
    A dot? :O

oh its not today it was already there when i cleared it yesterday, just checked

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeouch.

Rewriting entries and bonds?

What happened there?
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

yeah poseidon kinda sucked but it also wasnt the end of the twoparter
    Yeah but the entire "Master/Servant" text part about Wodime and Caenis at the very end was super climatic for the both or them imho. There was some really good characterization there between both and even the parallels with Guda and Part 1. I think it was a very fitting end plot wise.

I think the main issue here is that splitting a chapter in two parts was a bad idea, which is no surprise at all. You lose all the hype and momentum you had from the previous part because of the long wait, and then you have to deal with unrealistic expectations from people that are expecting great things from the next part the longer the wait is. And if the second part is not worth the wait, this obviously ends up working against you.
    I dunno, as far I saw the main consensus from the JP community is that it was quite awesome all around. It's maybe a bit too soon but the reactions seem positive.
    Last edited by yokushi; April 10th, 2020 at 08:32 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Olympus seems fairly understaffed, while on the other hand Atlanis had pretty tight cast with some characters barely getting any exposure.