Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    I can't wait till beast shit gets wrapped up since you bring up Timmy. It's been such an underwhelming and dragged out concept. Started off ok with 1&2 but they did not keep it up.
    Doubt that it'll be wrapped up in this arc. V hasn't been mentioned or even alluded to yet, other than we know that it exists.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Trying to solo BIG Koyanskaya with Asterios, but it's been a pain so far. Her NP goes through -ATK +DEF

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Man, this Aphrodite fight is fucking cancer for stalling. Props to anyone with the patience for it, but I can't get past the second bar before getting destroyed by having everyone with that super defense down that's unremovable due to her spamming the party-wide stun + debuff remove block.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Your image is all kinds of broken my man.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Managed to 4t it using the following.

If anyone wants to try and replicate this, I'd suggest doing this to minimize RNG fucking you over:

Turn 1

• Hikari buffs on Kintoki.
    • Merlin's 2nd.
    • Plugsuit swap Hikari -> Chen Gong.
    • Merlin's remaining skills, with 3rd on Kintoki.
    • All of Chen Gong's buff, with 1st on himself and 3rd on Kintoki.
    • If you have a Kintoki Buster card turn 1, you can save his 1st, otherwise use it here.
    • Kintoki NP -> Chen Gong NP.
    • No biggie if Kintoki's NP fails to stun. In some ways, that's preferable as we don't need Chen Gong anymore, but it's fine as long as he's dead before turn 4.

Turn 2
    • Saber Caster 1st skill, Saber Caster 2nd and 3rd skills on Kintoki.
    • Saber Caster NP, followed by any Kintoki Buster cards if you can get them.
    • Plugsuit stun Aphrodite if she hits Kintoki with the charm skill. Would rather also not deal with the AoE debuff, but, can't always get what you want there.
    • Ideally Chen Gong dies here, otherwise have one more turn to hope.

Turn 3

• Kintoki 2nd. Can use 1st if damage isn't met for any reason, he shouldn't need it for final HP bar.
    • If you still have plugsuit stun and Chen Gong is dead, use it here.
    • Kintoki NP.
    • Hopefully Kintoki gets 10% gauge from something post-NP, as you'll get 20% gauge for free from breaking the bar.

Turn 4
    • All of Oberon's buffs, target Kintoki with 2nd and 3rd.
    • Plugsuit Attack Up.
    • Pop a CS if Kintoki was short from previous turn.
    • Should do 2M even without the buffs from Merlin, Hikari, and dual Ox King.
    Last edited by Trubo; October 5th, 2022 at 10:06 PM.
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Zeus is such a funny lad. Who needs to worry about doing a bunch of weird punching with Ares when you can just windsurf all over his face with Erice?

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    the amount of def down Zeus got when she hit Erice was hilarious. she overkilled Zeus with zero buff NP.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Man, this Aphrodite fight is fucking cancer for stalling. Props to anyone with the patience for it, but I can't get past the second bar before getting destroyed by having everyone with that super defense down that's unremovable due to her spamming the party-wide stun + debuff remove block.
    You can do it with Tamamo solo with the usage of the stun immune CC and the new NP/skill seal immune CC, but expect the fight to last like 99 turns, which is how long it took for me.

Well, at least the Caenis fight was a cakewalk. Just let Caenis bump Mashu off the battlefield and go back to Himiko + Caster + Merlin stall comp. Gotta have 3 turn taunt for best case scenario though. Otherwise, pray you don't lose one of your stall team member too early.

​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    You can do it with Tamamo solo with the usage of the stun immune CC and the new NP/skill seal immune CC, but expect the fight to last like 99 turns, which is how long it took for me.
    I know I can solo it using certain CCs and CEs, but I want as many bond points as I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Well, at least the Caenis fight was a cakewalk. Just let Caenis bump Mashu off the battlefield and go back to Himiko + Caster + Merlin stall comp. Gotta have 3 turn taunt for best case scenario though. Otherwise, pray you don't lose one of your stall team member too early.
    I was thinking of trying this as full bond setup but was reminded that we're forced to bring story support Holmes and I don't own Himiko or Morgan to do that setup. Thinking of using either Astraea because of the SE Evil multiplier + Invincible Pierce or Abigail for semi-regular enemy buff stripping.

You can use the Reines version of the comp

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Had to use my command seal revive, but I managed to beat super Aphrodite in 12 turns. Maybe using Bazette wasn't the best choice, since the taunt makes her the target for all the debuffs, but she did the most work and got to the last hp bar, pretty handily unlike the other ones I tried so I decided to gamble on her being able to finish it if I team revived. Most of the other Servants I tried ran out of gas before the last bar and I don't want to keep on trying to dodge bad rng. I also tried using Asterios and the support Caligula with Merlin and that was something. After 30 turns dealing only 400k damage Asterios couldn't be bothered to live anymore even with Merlins heals. Also while restarting trying manipulate rng to get him to survive I managed to not get Caligula's NP seal so Asterios died anyways. Getting to that kind of situation in the first place was already tough so I gave up on that. Maybe I could've tried Asclepius and Edison with maybe Nightingale or Merlin again?

Unless I missed something this fight really highlighted how unique Caligula and Asterios are to me. I couldn't find other Servants that reduced attack for a long time or sealed NP and/or skills for more than 1 turn reliably.

Since I haven't even attempted her on any difficulty how tough is Caenis? Any good cheese strats? Also is it just me or did we have a long downtime for these recollection quests before these two? Dumping Atlantis and Olympus back to back has been tiresome. Aphrodite really shows how the enemy being able spam skills is just the worst. Probably spent over 5 hours trying to beat her. Luckily I didn't struggle too much more with the Cherished Beast. Had one or two bad luck runs and in the third my team just worked out.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    You can use the Reines version of the comp
    Not sure what Reines brings to the party there since none of them are Archers or Berserkers. Waver being able to stun on NP would be more attractive I'd imagine.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    The overcharge and NP gain up, I assume.
    canon finish apo vol 3

I definitely prefer Kirschtaria as a blond, but I love that him being a redhead was at least considered. He really is the Aoko to Olga Marie’s Touko

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    The overcharge and NP gain up, I assume.
    Honestly forgot that her NP got upgraded. Still, you're losing out on a good chunk of star generation and damage using Reines in place of Himiko. Could try it if what I'm thinking of using doesn't pan out.

US Friend Code
    Is it just sketch lines or was Kirsch at one point going to have ojou curls?

They’re curls for sure. He would’ve looked like a male Luvia.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Honestly forgot that her NP got upgraded. Still, you're losing out on a good chunk of star generation and damage using Reines in place of Himiko. Could try it if what I'm thinking of using doesn't pan out.
    I actually just did this out of curiosity and it's fine. I went with Castoria/Tamamo/Reines felt she would add more than Merlin with her CDR span and it's perfectly fine. I don't like the lack of a clear DPS in the team but it stalls well enough. I think the Himiko setup is still the benchmark because it not only stalls better but has better damage output as well.

If I were to rank them, I would say that Himiko/Merlin/Castoria is the second best when accounting for offensive output and the most secure of the setups defensively speaking. Morgan/Merlin/Castoria is the best one in terms of offense but the worst defensively, and Reines/Tamamo/Castoria is the worst one offensively and the second best when defending.

All in all, I prefer the Himiko setup but the others aren't bad either.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Any tips on circumventing Aphrodite's Bullshit Instakill? She keeps killing my Castoria