Page 12967 of 12967 FirstFirst ... 119671246712867129171295712962129651296612967
Results 259,321 to 259,339 of 259339

Thread: Fate/Grand Order General Discussion (CONTAINS SPOILERS)

  1. #259321
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six GDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Shizuoka Prefecture
    Posts
    5,918
    Quote Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
    Hope it lives up to the hype.
    Not to be pessimistic, but (here comes the pessimism) it won't. I feel like the vast majority of the hype for this anniversary, besides the number itself, was supposed to be real life things. Those are canceled, for obvious reasons. They COULD, in theory, work quickly to add virtual things for people to enjoy, but they know their fanbase (within Japan, at least) will understand the circumstances and give them a pass for not having much prepared due to covid.

  2. #259322
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six rxrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13,840
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Not to be pessimistic, but (here comes the pessimism) it won't. I feel like the vast majority of the hype for this anniversary, besides the number itself, was supposed to be real life things. Those are canceled, for obvious reasons. They COULD, in theory, work quickly to add virtual things for people to enjoy, but they know their fanbase (within Japan, at least) will understand the circumstances and give them a pass for not having much prepared due to covid.
    I guess, but FGO is not doing a very good job IMO.

  3. #259323
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six GDB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Shizuoka Prefecture
    Posts
    5,918
    They don't need to. They know what their audience will accept.

  4. #259324
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,910
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Raikou was not fine, come on, she was seriously damage starved and in dire need of an interlude
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    I'm not sure if it's mine being NP1 or the two-Arts deck, but I really didn't feel Raikou was fine previously...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I have Raikou so it's a well-deserved buff.
    She was fine. The only real problem she had was needing Demonic enemies to keep her damage up, and DW gutted the appearance of Demonic enemies since LB3 onwards. The idea that Arjuna (Alter) broke her still applies to all the other Berserkers because good battery + 3 turn huge damage buffs + extremely reliable way to deal insane non-NP damage pretty much shit over the rest since they can only do 1 or, at best, 2 of those things. Raikou already had okay NP damage (yes, trait-related, but so what?) + good non-NP damage.

    Meanwhile they'd done nothing to address the main problem of Kintoki ever since Break bars have come into play, especially when they oopsied and made it so that MHXA and Atalante (Alter) pretty much match his NP damage potential while still being able to pump out solid damage for 3 turns thanks to Skadi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  5. #259325
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,910
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Oz1337 View Post
    Or when they started to gimp the NP gain in a lot of Quick Servants when they use their NP for the whole reason that Skadi exists, meaning that if you don't use Skadi you get punished with bad refunds.
    Not quite. Quick Servants since Skadi generally have bad NP refund due to low hit counts, their regular cards are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  6. #259326
    Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,419
    Blog Entries
    9
    Looking at these quests and still no Kiara or Kingprotea, I just decided to save up these tickets for Servants.

    And a Bryn strengthening quest. Ah, well, at least I got Eresh and Jeanne Alter.

    But man, all of these busters when I still have to try Arts strats.

    But at least Jeanne Alter survived the Ooku with a support Merlin and Mashu.

    I don't know what I used last time I went in a fight with Beast III - L, and I still reached the end of the story filling up only half the gauge and only using 14 cards to reduce the gauges.
    Not dealing with it...

    Why even try?


    This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

  7. #259327
    ULTRA High impact sexual violence Aozaki-desu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,707
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    She was fine. The only real problem she had was needing Demonic enemies to keep her damage up, and DW gutted the appearance of Demonic enemies since LB3 onwards. The idea that Arjuna (Alter) broke her still applies to all the other Berserkers because good battery + 3 turn huge damage buffs + extremely reliable way to deal insane non-NP damage pretty much shit over the rest since they can only do 1 or, at best, 2 of those things. Raikou already had okay NP damage (yes, trait-related, but so what?) + good non-NP damage.

    Meanwhile they'd done nothing to address the main problem of Kintoki ever since Break bars have come into play, especially when they oopsied and made it so that MHXA and Atalante (Alter) pretty much match his NP damage potential while still being able to pump out solid damage for 3 turns thanks to Skadi.
    look i get that you are salty about Kintoki but it really isnt raikou's fault
    she was NOT competitive in her challenge quests on damage without having multitrait powerup and she has 0 farming potential
    Kintoki at least still fares fairly well at bosskilling especially since the expansion of external NP charges

  8. #259328
    We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    They don't need to. They know what their audience will accept.
    Everything has an eventual breaking point.

  9. #259329
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Trubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,910
    JP Friend Code
    463088335
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    look i get that you are salty about Kintoki but it really isnt raikou's fault
    she was NOT competitive in her challenge quests on damage without having multitrait powerup and she has 0 farming potential
    Kintoki at least still fares fairly well at bosskilling especially since the expansion of external NP charges
    That's your argument? Cause the same applies to Xiang Yu and Musashi (Berserker), but I don't see anyone screaming from the rooftops that they need buffs for that reason.

    I agree that Kintoki still has flexibility to some extent, but that's all he has going for him anymore. In terms of raw damage, he's nowhere near the best, and raw damage only matters on fights that lack break bars or things like boss Abigail in Salem.

    Edit: It's also weird that you say she has no farming potential since she was considered the best Berserker for farming until Skadi enabled loop setups, and even then she was fine for a single turn. It wasn't until Arjuna (Alter) came out that Raikou has been trashed this much. I still say her perceived worthlessness is more because Demonic enemies pretty much stopped appearing in LBs than anything else.
    Last edited by Trubo; Today at 08:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

  10. #259330
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,981
    JP Friend Code
    084,122,505
    So, Arjuna now has Garden of Avalon as a skill essentially?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    It's also weird that you say she has no farming potential since she was considered the best Berserker for farming until Skadi enabled loop setups
    Wasn't she the only SSR Berserker with an AoE NP though?

  11. #259331
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Pendant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,578
    I do agree with Aozaki that she's not a good farmer. You would always see her on support with kaleidos more than anything else because people like showing off their trophy limited SSRs moreso than that she was the best at farming.

    If anything it speaks to Kaleidoscope excelling at farming rather than Raikou herself.

  12. #259332
    ULTRA High impact sexual violence Aozaki-desu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,707
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    That's your argument? Cause the same applies to Xiang Yu and Musashi (Berserker), but I don't see anyone screaming from the rooftops that they need buffs for that reason.

    I agree that Kintoki still has flexibility to some extent, but that's all he has going for him anymore. In terms of raw damage, he's nowhere near the best, and raw damage only matters on fights that lack break bars or things like boss Abigail in Salem.

    Edit: It's also weird that you say she has no farming potential since she was considered the best Berserker for farming until Skadi enabled loop setups, and even then she was fine for a single turn. It wasn't until Arjuna (Alter) came out that Raikou has been trashed this much. I still say her perceived worthlessness is more because Demonic enemies pretty much stopped appearing in LBs than anything else.
    Xiang Yu and Musashi are far from cream of the crop as well
    Doomhorse is only specifically good for a cheap-but-massive BBB (if you reset a hundred times) and its ONLY because he got a massive 100% crit buff
    Berserker Musashi is a meme unit, she is not actually good or competitive

    Raikou's fall from grace i would say was pretty gradual. When she came out she was pretty big because no options, she was pretty alright until Skadi release and after that she's just dead
    She has no NP charge and cannot do back to back NPs and she also has no damage. For all her skills and nature as high atk ssr berserker her NP damage is actually just average sub30k on her own before power-ups. Her only saving grace is that everyone is weak. But you cant farm with average damage.

    I'm not sure what you are referring to when talking about trashing Raikou but she's been outright weak for a long time now. Want to farm? No can do. Want to challenge quest? Her base damage is so low that she fares extremely poorly when stuffed with buffs compared to other CQ options which offer so much more than she does.

    Like, my alt has NP1 Raikou and she is an unironic dead weight. Last two times i tried to use her i regretted it because she cant fucking deal damage.

  13. #259333
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Why though
    We already have Tristan and David for that
    As someone who has both Archer and David on his main team, I'd fully support Archer also getting party-wide Evasion!
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (F/SN): The last duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (F/SN): Shinji X Shirou lemon
    He Was a Good King (F/SN): Was Beowulf a good king?
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (F/SN): A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan.
    Palingenetic Descension (Tsukihime): The origin of the Tohno family's hybrid nature.

  14. #259334
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,799
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Oh hey, just like I called it.

    Which is a pity since I don't have Arjuna lol
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

  15. #259335
    ~~~ manafusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    She was fine. The only real problem she had was needing Demonic enemies to keep her damage up, and DW gutted the appearance of Demonic enemies since LB3 onwards. The idea that Arjuna (Alter) broke her still applies to all the other Berserkers because good battery + 3 turn huge damage buffs + extremely reliable way to deal insane non-NP damage pretty much shit over the rest since they can only do 1 or, at best, 2 of those things. Raikou already had okay NP damage (yes, trait-related, but so what?) + good non-NP damage.

    Meanwhile they'd done nothing to address the main problem of Kintoki ever since Break bars have come into play, especially when they oopsied and made it so that MHXA and Atalante (Alter) pretty much match his NP damage potential while still being able to pump out solid damage for 3 turns thanks to Skadi.
    I think the problem is that she lost most of her identity when Arjuna Alter came because they both do about the same thing but Arjuna Alter just does it better. Outside the "Demonic enemies" gimmick and massive star generation from NP buff. Giving her a damage boost as well as a Crit Damage Down effect helps separate her from Arjuna Alter a little more.

    Though, being the only Berserker that can generate a ton of stars by herself (though only by getting the buff from her NP) is something that I think is unique and I wish they buffed that aspect of hers. Maybe give her a 3 turn buff that lets her cards generate stars or something.
    Last edited by manafusion; Today at 10:47 AM.



    ​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

  16. #259336
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,593
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  17. #259337
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,981
    JP Friend Code
    084,122,505
    To be honest, all offensive SSR Servants that only have a 1-turn damage boost feel pretty sad

    Save for Kintoki

  18. #259338
    ~~~ manafusion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    To be honest, all offensive SSR Servants that only have a 1-turn damage boost feel pretty sad

    Save for Kintoki
    Why only Kintoki? There're other ST Servants who have 1-turn damage boost as well with about the same amount.



    ​Witness The Power Of The... Suicide Squad?

  19. #259339
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,981
    JP Friend Code
    084,122,505
    Quote Originally Posted by manafusion View Post
    Why only Kintoki? There're other ST Servants who have 1-turn damage boost as well with about the same amount.
    But are they Berserkers with 50% battery

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •