Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fate/Crimson Festival

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milbunk View Post
    Hmm, do you like to write stories or interact with other people here on the forum just for fun? If so that's a good identifier of whether or not this kind of thing would be worth it.

Additionally if you check out Alf's IRC on the IRC.Highway #Fatehg you can talk with us and we could help you out.

If you're not sure how to get on IRC just send me a message I can give you step by step instructions.
    ]

I write when I have the time/inspiration and I come here for the fun. I don't even know what IRC is.

Quote Originally Posted by Caster View Post
    If you do DnD you know all you'd need to know for the most part for this.
    Good to know.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Council View Post
    Please do not mention D&D here much. The word brings back memories unsuitable for Fate roleplay.
    Please tell this story in BL history thread. I like bad memory stories

- - - Updated - - -

Summer break is also coming up so I'll have a lot of free time hopefuly

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Council's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseo Nanaya View Post

I don't even know what IRC is.
    IRC is a form of chatroom(or, to be technical, the form of net protocol which facilities the chat). Internet Relay. Have you played Mass Effect? Imagine the servers as the relays in such a case. The messages arrive in the relay ran on quality computers to be sent to the recipients at high speed rather than form a direct connection.

To be honest you don't have to know how the chat works to enter, but you asked.

Please tell this story in BL history thread. I like bad memory stories
    Such an event won't come to pass. A thousand apologies.
    Last edited by Council; April 29th, 2015 at 01:42 AM.
    They are a family in the end<3
    [IMG]****************************convkey/b661/18u906w0cxufpguzg.jpg[/IMG]

I have commited a horrible crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Nooooo, my auto-merge.
    ; - ;

Blog Entries
    I recommend the site Mibbit for a beginner user of IRC: https://www.mibbit.com/

When you go to that site click the big green Launch Mibbit Client button it'll then take you to a new menu.

In the Connect drop down box select IRCHighWay, and in the Channel textbox type in #Fatehg, after that all you need is a nickname and hit the connect button, it'll take you to a room where some of us hang out.

Other channels that are used commonly for BLers are #notes (A general chat for BLers), #beastslair (For the older BL generation that doesn't visit BL that often anymore), and #regalia (For most of Verg's RP stuff though other RP's sometimes get mentioned there.)

Hope this helps!

The Dread Nekomancer alfheimwanderer's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Marvelous. If you could all send me your three truths once more, I'll get right to the business of worldbuilding!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    From: Shirou Tokisada Amakusa, Ruler and Arbitrator of the Holy Grail War

To: Luviagelita Edelfelt, Chelon Canticle Brigade; Rin Tohsaka Edelfelt, Lady of the Clock Tower; Tohno SHIKI, Heir to the Tohno Conglomerate; Oren Brionac, Director of the Thule Society; Shoko Ambrose, Family Head; Kariya Matou, representative of the Matou; Kirei Kotomine, representative of the Tohsaka

Greetings, Chosen of the Grail,

As the Ruler of the Grail Wars, it falls to me to brief you on what you may expect in the trial to come, for I would be derelict in my duties should I allow a Master to risk his or her life without proper preparation. Even prepared, many of you will likely die for the sake of an unfulfilled dream, but perhaps if you are aware of what to expect, more of you may live, and perhaps you shall claim your wish, as I did in the Third, and Ryuunosuke Uryuu did in the Fourth, alongside his Servant, Vlad III.

Be mindful of this - these wishes are powerful indeed. You may recall the sudden disappearance of the Vatican some years ago, along with its representatives in the supernatural world, the Holy Church. Such was not the Christian "Rapture", I am sad to say, but the result of a wish granted by one the Grail found worthy.

You have been allowed to participate in this ritual by the grace of the Einzbern family, and its head, the Third Magician. Thus, by their decree and my duty as Ruler, I advise you of its rules.

1. Unlike in other rituals, the Servant you summon will be the one you are most compatible with; your soul is the ultimate catalyst.

2. Battles shall take place only at night, with the territory of the Ruler not to be infringed upon, save if you wish to surrender and claim sanctuary, or seek to consult with me

3. For every innocent harmed, a mark will be made upon your soul by the Command Seals you wear. Each life taken without cause will weaken you and stain your fortunes forever.

Should you have questions, ask. I would not wish you to fail from lack of knowledge from my part.

The following is a partial brief concerning the Fuyuki region's history and politics

The Founding Families: Of the three families that started the Grail War, only two continue to participate in the ritual, as the Einzbern achieved their dearest wish and reclaimed their lost Magic by winning the Third War. They allow the ritual to continue, so long as their agent - the immortal Ruler, who won the Third War - supervises and oversees the Wars. Compared to the master alchemists of the north, however the other founding families have not been nearly as fortunate.

The Matou Family: Since their arrival in Japan, the Matou clan has been on the decline, with each succeding member of its bloodline bearing fewer and fewer Magic Circuits, eventually becoming incapable of using magecraft - until the birth of Matou Kariya. Said magus, became the clan's current head after Matou Zouken (formerly Makar Zolgen), the former partiarch, disappeared during the Fourth War - a conflict that the clan did not participate in. Other members of the clan consist of Kariya's wife (Matou Aoi, formerly Tohsaka Aoi, who he married after the Fourth War), his older brother Matou Byakuya and his nephew Matou Shinji, who live as simple civilians in Misaki Town.

The Tohsaka Family: With its former heiress adopted into the Edelfelt family, this family exists only in name, with its last representative being Kotomine Kirei, former member of the Holy Church and apprentice to the late Tohsaka Tokiomi. Though they came close to victory in the Third War, defeating the Matou, the Yggdmillennia, and the Edelfelt alike, they were overcome by the might of the Einzbern's Servant, who won the Grail and used its power to end put an end to both a war that would have ripped the world apart, and the suffering of the people. While Tohsaka Tokiomi hoped to follow in his ancestor's footsteps by summoning Chiron the Wise as Archer, he was unfortunately struck down early in the war by Caster's (Solomon ibn Gabirol) golems, with his Circuits crippled by a dose of hydra venom that overcame the best protections he was able to weave. Though he survived that encounter, he died sometime later in his bedroom, with the cause unknown, though some suspect his apprentice, as there was no sign of a forced intrusion or struggle - and Kotomine Kirei was the Master of Assassin. The heiress - and sole child - of the family was adopted by the Edelfelts to reclaim their Crest, and the former Tohsaka Aoi went on to marry her childhood friend, who gave her comfort in her loneliness.

The Third War: Little is known for sure about what happened, except that Darnic Prestone Yggdmillennia worked in collusion with the Nazis in an attempt to steal the Greater Grail - an attempt that ended in failure when a wrathful Ruler defeated his Servant and won the War. Claiming the Grail, Servant Ruler wiped Yggdmillennia and his allies from existence - but did not stop there. That day, the Japanese Empire fell. Nazi Germany and Facist Italy burned. The Soviet Union's leadership perished. The survivors of that day became more enlightened, more aware that actions had consequences - that evil would be punished, and many flocked to the Church to repent of their sins.

The State of the World: This is a world where World War II never happened, where instead of the outbreak of war, troops and resources were needed to stop a humanitarian crisis. This is a world where the United States remains mostly isolationist, and the conflicts against the Communinsts never happened. This is a world where the atom was never split, where man never travelled to the moon, where humans recognize full well the state of the world and have turned their focus inward, developing better medicines, tackling poverty and such (notably the Internet does not exist yet). This is a world where every member of the Nazi and Facist party dropped dead overnight, seemingly from divine intervention, where invaders perished and those who did evil were purged - where people believe in symbols, in portents, in miracles. But this is a world where the Church is gone as well - thanks to the wish of Uryuu. This is a world in which Three Magicians walk - the Second, the Third, and the Fifth; a world in which magecraft is more potent; a world in which a Fujou sits upon the Chrysanthemum Throne.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; May 1st, 2015 at 01:48 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Truly Cassius will be a greater villain than I, having committed an act far more evil than even I anticipated. Luvia and Rin are sisters... also did Uryuu's wish kill all evil people? I assume Vlad's was just to wipe his record clean.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "So, God. Give me another chance. Next time, I won’t lose sight of the bigger picture. I will eliminate all obstacles, enemies and hardships in my way. Next time, I will obtain all the good in the world. A world where everyone is happy, everyone is good, and everyone is perfect. I will exterminate all evil and create a new, pure world."

— the last prayer of Shirou Tokisada Amakusa

Known Wishes:

- Ruler, empowered by the Grail, purged the world of "evildoers" as he saw them.
    - Uryuu rid the world of the Church, as he believed God was evil and malicious
    - Vlad III wiped his record clean. Notably today, there are no legends of Count Dracula.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    So, in the spirit of trying to generate discussion, I thought I'd share what my Truths were. Welcome to do the same if anyone else wishes to, but no need to of course.

Truths:
    1. The higher ones Innocence, the higher ones luck. Those who have stained their hearts with darkness have stained their karma as well. Even without the Innocence mechanic, it affects people by relative Innocence.

2. Compatibility determines the Servant summoned, the soul of the mage is the ultimate catalyst.

3. The Grail is immune to corruption, which is also reflected in the Masters it chooses.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I have sent you all your chargen sheets. Fill them out and return ASAP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    As you may have guessed, the Servants have been chosen, if you want to come on #fatehg sometime, I'll tell you who you have.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I suppose I should lay the background for the post to come. Those of you able to fight have been summoned to Ruler's Abode, a house sitting where the Church once did before the Fourth War. A fairly comfortably sized house, if rather spartan in furnishing.
    Last edited by alfheimwanderer; August 17th, 2015 at 12:38 AM.

199410445 - セレナ feel free to add me and get carried through dungeons

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The option is on the table to time skip to 2 days from now IC, when all Servants are healed and ready to continue. Please vote whether or not you would like to see a time skip.

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Given that my character will mostly be doing preparation work for the next couple days, I have no problem with the time skip.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

Likewise not opposed to a timeskip, since my character also has some prepwork to get done.

199410445 - セレナ feel free to add me and get carried through dungeons

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ok, we should be going through a timeskip then, I think. Milbunk, your character should ask for a 2 day truce for your reward, just so everyone can rest up!